Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In terms of injuries, it’s hard not to think that Naismith might find himself struggling with the through the length of this contract. The recent signs haven’t been great.

Would be surprised if we get 20 games out of Naismith.

Pity but that's how it looks to me.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

15 hours ago, cylawny said:

What in 4 years 😋

17 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

When we are struggling their appearance is mooted as soon then when we a get a result or 2 it's back to 3 weeks!

🤭

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 hours ago, cylawny said:

I think we have already around 40

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Over the next 4 years, I assumed he meant. 

You are a wise man Nookie, you know about assumptions and what they do :)

Be more than 20 by the end of this season I am sure

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You are a wise man Nookie, you know about assumptions and what they do :)

Be more than 20 by the end of this season I am sure

Doubtful, but I really hope so. 

Anyway, we have shown we are capable of big results without him so he should be brought back gently and not rushed. 

Fort Vallance

I'm now at the stage of not actually listening to the 1 week, 2 week predictions. I'll wait till they're on the pitch. And more importantly played 2 or 3 games without a reaction or a recurrence.

18 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He said Souttar would be out for the same time after the Aberdeen game on 4 August.

Souttar's injury is proving to be a bit of a head scratcher....

Great. 

Back in time for the semi (believe it when I see it) but with no games, even reserves, under his belt and not match fit. 

I realise Naisy is a talent and, even in the above circumstances, could help us out on the day, but for the full 90? Any appearance, if at all, is likely to be as a late sub when all is lost. 

Genuinely hate being so negative but it's becoming difficult to see what worthwhile, on pitch, contribution we're likely to get in the next four years. 

We really need to stop signing injury prone players.

All you ever read is "we will be fine when *insert player(s)* returns".

We need a settled side playing most weeks and players who can actually handle 30+ games a season.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Great. 

Back in time for the semi (believe it when I see it) but with no games, even reserves, under his belt and not match fit. 

I realise Naisy is a talent and, even in the above circumstances, could help us out on the day, but for the full 90? Any appearance, if at all, is likely to be as a late sub when all is lost. 

Genuinely hate being so negative but it's becoming difficult to see what worthwhile, on pitch, contribution we're likely to get in the next four years. 

Would have up to 3 league games before the semi. 

If he's fit he's good enough. 

Unknown user
Just now, Mort said:

We really need to stop signing injury prone players.

All you ever read is "we will be fine when *insert player(s)* returns".

We need a settled side playing most weeks and players who can actually handle 30+ games a season.

It's not as simple as that either though, look at Washington, never had an injury in his career before arriving in Edinburgh. 

Just now, Smithee said:

It's not as simple as that either though, look at Washington, never had an injury in his career before arriving in Edinburgh. 

That's fair enough and there's always one or two injuries that will occur. The same can't be said about a few others who are injured more than they are fit, sadly.

Bazzas right boot

If he comes back and we beat Rangers he can have a rest again until celtic in the final. 

Seriously, He shouldn't be rushed. 

Be poor if he comes back too early then is out again. 

Not enough expressions in the universe to reply to folk questioning the signing, tho. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he comes back and we beat Rangers he can have a rest again until celtic in the final. 

Not enough expressions in the universe to reply to folk questioning the signing, tho. 

Regardless how long he’s given, if he comes back and pulls a muscle two weeks later he will have been ‘rushed’. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Great. 

They might play him in a reserve game to get fit.

Coburg Hearts
20 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We'll see them when we see them then I guess!

I'm beginning to think that's what CL should say when asked about injured players returning. That way, it won't come back to bite him on the arse, or heaven forbid, his words are twisted to suit an agenda. (not for one moment saying you are)

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I strongly suspect he was kidding.

honestly. do some people not actually read posts? unless of course folk have strong beliefs that randoms can predict the future....

6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

honestly. do some people not actually read posts? unless of course folk have strong beliefs that randoms can predict the future....

Exactly!  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think it is valid to question the signing of a 32-yr old striker on a 4-yr deal when they have barely kicked a ball since Oct 2018. 

We we shall find out over the next 4 years, I suppose. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm beginning to think that's what CL should say when asked about injured players returning. That way, it won't come back to bite him on the arse, or heaven forbid, his words are twisted to suit an agenda. (not for one moment saying you are)

Naismith has thrown him under the bus. Said he will be back 20th October, self selection?

Looking forward to having a strong team by Christmas.....maybe

Coburg Hearts
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Looking forward to having a strong team by Christmas.....maybe

So am I, Gio, so am i. Can't wait.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think it is valid to question the signing of a 32-yr old striker on a 4-yr deal when they have barely kicked a ball since Oct 2018. 

Then he would have signed for someone else. 4 years, yes it seems a long deal,  but it takes him to 36 years of age, Steven MacLean is playing at 37 (don't say it :lol: )

I would have been negotiating for 3 and an extension, imagine we probably have tried to drive that down, but what would you have done honestly, when he came back and said 4 years or nothing.

Had you said no, there would have been Nookie out calls for sure

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Great. 

It says he'll back for the Rangers game, meaning the league one on the 20th, not the semi.

39 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

They might play him in a reserve game to get fit.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would have up to 3 league games before the semi. 

If he's fit he's good enough. 

Would help.

Get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that "make it for the Rangers game" means at the earliest, however. That would mean cold and would probably limit any impact. 

Would certainly be great to have him available, even with just a reserve game under his belt.

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I doubt it. Who in their right mind doesn't want their Nookie? 

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It says he'll back for the Rangers game, meaning the league one on the 20th, not the semi.

Oops, my mistake. 

Great news, if he's fit then remains so.

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Oops, my mistake. 

Great news, if he's fit then remains so.

Yeah only good news mate. When you look at the quotes, its been treated with caution tol, so you'd hope he has every chance of being back fully from then on too.

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Then he would have signed for someone else. 4 years, yes it seems a long deal,  but it takes him to 36 years of age, Steven MacLean is playing at 37 (don't say it :lol: )

I would have been negotiating for 3 and an extension, imagine we probably have tried to drive that down, but what would you have done honestly, when he came back and said 4 years or nothing.

Personally...I would have walked away. 

But it may may be a 4yr deal with all kinds of options included to to safeguard both sides? I dunno. 

To be honest I’m just trying to keep busy and not comment on the Armed Forces thread :lol:

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Aye we should have paid £12m( or whatever it was) for him during his peak. 

Missed opportunity. 

CL oot. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye we should have paid £12m( or whatever it was) for him during his peak. 

Missed opportunity. 

CL oot. 

Because that was the point I was making, of course. 

Have one one of these: :cornette:

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Because that was the point I was making, of course. 

Have one one of these: :cornette:

The point you were making has been covered so many times it's unbelievable. 

Give yourself one for repeating the same concern over and over despite myself and many others giving perfectly valid reasons why it was a 4 year deal and not a shorter one. 

Feel free to ignore it tho and repeat yourself, over and over. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would imagine that he would not have signed for us on any other shorter deal.

He obviously wanted that and based on his previous contribitions I suppose our fans would not have been happy if he had signed for someone else.

On reflection now a four year deal does seem questionable however there is not a lot that can be done about it now.