Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

55 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

:isee:

3769914601_b84b1e55ab_z.jpg

It's not worked 😀🤣😀😀🤣😀🤣

Snotters and foam awe ower the shoap.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He should never have got a 4 year deal mate. 

Look how much football he has played this year. 

The first year of that 4 year deal!!. 

It's only going to get worse as he gets older as well. 😕

I'm going with it was 4 years or nothing. 

We done what we did to sign him. 

If we hadn't and he signed for someone else many folk on here would have exploded into balls of rage. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Noah Claypole said:

It's not worked 😀🤣😀😀🤣😀🤣

Snotters and foam awe ower the shoap.

It's more wet frillies than normal that's for sure. 

Maybe jkb is like  a group of woman sharing a flat. 

-When on an Internet forum together, their mood swings sinc and they all pish thier pants at the same time. 

😉

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Every time he does a sustained period of sprinting at training he goes tight. Not looking good for his future unless they can get him an operation to sort it.

:orly?:

Well I'm tickled pink at this (possible) news.

:sob:

Has Naismith been a good signing so far this season and value for money?  100% no.  The season isn't over yet though, hopefully he can manage a few more 15mins for us this season to push us into the top 6 again.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm going with it was 4 years or nothing. 

We done what we did to sign him. 

If we hadn't and he signed for someone else many folk on here would have exploded into balls of rage. 

You are correct.

It was 4 years or nowt.

The club wanted less than that but Naismith stood firm with his 4 year deal.

Cant really blame a player for that tbh.

Just have to say it has not started very well has it ?

You also have to add into the equation he had 2 knee operations when he was only on loan with us. :sadrobbo:

It should have been ten
25 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I am totally astonished the guy is not embarrassed by his serial lying about these injuries, especially the Souttar injury/operation fiasco. 

I can also tell you about the "players are behind him " nonsense. 

To the press they are, but most of them are as sick of him as the fans are. 

This is from the horses mouth of one of the most respected members of the first team. 

And its not Naismith who manipulated a 4 year deal out of our clown of a manager. 

I  really like Naismith and have no hard feelings about the way he got his deal even after failing to play under 90 mins of football IIRC in the year 2019 which is coming to an end very soon. 

Gie yersel peace

:blah:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You are correct.

It was 4 years or nowt.

The club wanted less than that but Naismith stood firm with his 4 year deal.

Cant really blame a player for that tbh.

Just have to say it has not started very well has it ?

You also have to add into the equation he had 2 knee operations when he was only on loan with us. :sadrobbo:

So you Think we shouldn't have signed him?

If so, fair enough. 

Posters that wanted him to sign need to read that post and shut up tbh. 

It's just whining now. 

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Every time he does a sustained period of sprinting at training he goes tight. Not looking good for his future unless they can get him an operation to sort it.

That's great to hear :cornette:

Totally believe you though 100 per cent.

Pity our manager hasn't the balls to come out with the real truth once again.

Just saying like ........

It’s perfectly understandable seeing people frustrated.

Added to everything else, Naismith toiling to get fit, given his apparent influence on the team early last season, makes me want to :banghead2:

4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Gie yersel peace

:blah:

Righto Craig.

The truth is a real b*****d eh. :greggy:

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’ll be hopeless on the basis that our recruitment department found him. 

A whole department dedicated to recruitment.  :jj_facepalm:    

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Lord BJ said:

I’ve said it a couple of times but I think it was a 4 year deal to get the finances to work. I suspect the amount he was looking for was well above our wage cap, so we extended the deal to give him the number he wanted and enable us to stay within annual budgets. we just spread his payments imo. 

If he could play 4 years great if no he moves into another role. 

This speculation on my part, in main. 

I think Naismith was a catch 22. We knew it was a risk when we signed him, it’s not working out just now and I’m becoming less confident it will but it was decision that made sense at time.

Much more than most of our signings at least! 

That said you sign a big player on big money, ,with injury concerns, and base your team around him. If that decision doesn’t workout it’s understandable it is criticised. Particulary in the context of some poor decision making and poor performances and results

It’s a results business after all. A manager should be judged on the results of his decisions. You don’t get a free pass because at the time it seemed like the correct decision. 

The results are sacking material. 

Most agree on that. 

Naismith was a good signing. 

I was 100% behind it. 

He'll also prove he is a good signing this season and over the next couple of seasons imo. 

This thread just shows folk up for using everything and anything to fling mud at the club Imo. 

The results and building a team around him are separate issues. 

There is a few threads on that. 

We should always aim to sign good players, not signing a player because we might become too reliant on him is horrible and hopefully not somthing the club or even most fans are even thinking about seriously. 

Also, I stick by the fact many on here would have been absolutely howling had he not signed for us. 

It’s a big risk that looks like it’s not going to pay off unfortunately. 

I think he was a risk worth taking as he’s superb when fit but he’s barely played since signing that 4 year deal and we’re only months in to it. 

I thought the 4 years was a massive contract to hand out but worth it if we could at least get 2 good years out of him as imagine he probably drove a hard bargain and that was part of it.  I’m not sure if this is a new injury or something the medical department should have spotted but it’s just shite that injuries continue to plague our squad.  If the thing about feeling tight when sprinting is true and hearts knew about that when he signed then they have made a very poor decision. 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's more wet frillies than normal that's for sure. 

Maybe jkb is like  a group of woman sharing a flat. 

-When on an Internet forum together, their mood swings sinc and they all pish thier pants at the same time. 

😉

No wonder you get under people's skin on here so much . 

The salient point is , with Naisys injury history giving him a 4 year deal was always going to fall somewhere between risky and madness . 

As brilliant a player he was for us in the first few months it basically comes down to value for money and we certainly aren't getting that from him as it stands . 

Posters on here are entitled to air their frustration and concerns on the matter , it doesn't make them anti Levein or in your world pantwetters. . 

You might be cool with it but others migh not and for what it's worth I can't blame them as it's looking pretty shit value as it stands . 

56 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I can understand the 4 year deal for naisy and will prob include coaching in the future. Similar to hibs 6 year deals for gray and macgregor. 

damour tho 🤔

Damour looks to have s decent pedigree. Played most games in Cardiff’s championship winning season. I’m not writing him off just yet. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Damour looks to have s decent pedigree. Played most games in Cardiff’s championship winning season. I’m not writing him off just yet. 

Based on his performances for us so far he’s utter dugmeat.

Deserves a chance under a new boss like most of the team I’d say though.  

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you Think we shouldn't have signed him?

If so, fair enough. 

Posters that wanted him to sign need to read that post and shut up tbh. 

It's just whining now. 

Didn't say that. 

Said the deal was too long considering he had 2 ops with us while on loan. 

Would have preferred a more realistic deal, that's all. 

24 minutes ago, ramrod said:

No wonder you get under people's skin on here so much . 

The salient point is , with Naisys injury history giving him a 4 year deal was always going to fall somewhere between risky and madness . 

As brilliant a player he was for us in the first few months it basically comes down to value for money and we certainly aren't getting that from him as it stands . 

Posters on here are entitled to air their frustration and concerns on the matter , it doesn't make them anti Levein or in your world pantwetters. . 

You might be cool with it but others migh not and for what it's worth I can't blame them as it's looking pretty shit value as it stands . 

Excellent post, mate. 

19 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Naw but lies are!

Couldnt get a better role model for that with our pants on fire manager 😉

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Most agree on that. 

I was 100% behind it. 

He'll also prove he is a good signing this season and over the next couple of seasons imo. 

This thread just shows folk up for using everything and anything to fling mud at the club Imo. 

We should always aim to sign good players, not signing a player because we might become too reliant on him is horrible and hopefully not somthing the club or even most fans are even thinking about seriously. 

Also, I stick by the fact many on here would have been absolutely howling had he not signed for us. 

How can you possibly know he will be a good signing this season and the following seasons of his deal. 

His problematic injuries so far would seem not to back that up 😕

Totally agree he would a great signing he if could manage some actual games though. 👍

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We don’t know if Naismith is a good signing yet. It’s only good if works out for us. So far it is not and time will only tell if it will. 

Xx I did say imo. 

This isn’t a dig but your predictions around hearts are ****ing awful. You’ve been telling us forever how it will come good, predicting massive points hauls from games, players are going to be rip up league etc etc.

No doubt it’s born out of optimism but doesn’t change the fact your predictions by in large have been inaccurate. 

XxxWe can revisit this later. 

I generally favour Hearts tho, always will, I support them. 

I disagree it’s a signing that ain’t working out. Understandable it will be questioned. 

More the way it's being questioned. 

Again I disagree they are intertwined issues, 

You could argue everything is intertwined and that comes back to CL and CL out. 

I think when discussing a particular signing on a thread it's pretty easy to stay on that subject and even on transfers in general .

If not, why bother with threads. Just have a free for all. It's a personal thing tho. 

Don’t think anyone has ever said we shouldn’t sign good players and think that’s you having An argument that doesn’t exist. 

Unsure, what is the point of discussion is then. 

We signed a current International player who was outstanding for us on loan. 

Any player can get injured. 

We also come back to expectations, can Hearts sign players of Naismiths ilk in his prime?

We can't, should go without saying. 

The issue is SN was a known risk

No doubt some would but not sure what it’s got to do with anything, your just conflating issues for the hell of it. Probably due to your annoyance of criticism of club.

I'm annoyed at the Continued criticism of the club over everything, sometimes with no logic at all behind it. 

The 32 year old pro athlete comment being a particular stand out on this train wreck of a thread. 

Anyway this will go round in ever decreasing circles of complete tangents and no one will benefit. 
Agreed

Just pointing out CL should be judged on the effectiveness of decision. Irrespective if it seemed the right decision at the time, 

Judged? 

This can be done later on. He's 3 months Into a 4 year deal? 

If passing judgement now then imo that's the problem. 

Take it easy👍 I’m off to surf in the sunshine 😀

Enjoy the surf. 

33 minutes ago, Morph said:

It’s a big risk that looks like it’s not going to pay off unfortunately. 

I think he was a risk worth taking as he’s superb when fit but he’s barely played since signing that 4 year deal and we’re only months in to it. 

I thought the 4 years was a massive contract to hand out but worth it if we could at least get 2 good years out of him as imagine he probably drove a hard bargain and that was part of it.  I’m not sure if this is a new injury or something the medical department should have spotted but it’s just shite that injuries continue to plague our squad.  If the thing about feeling tight when sprinting is true and hearts knew about that when he signed then they have made a very poor decision. 

Hard to argue with that tbf. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Is he lying? I get for some games he will want to keep the opposition guessing but not with this. However I think it must be hard to put a hard timescale on with some, or most,  injuries so go with a best estimate, thus the use of the word aim.  

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Didn't say that. 

Said the deal was too long considering he had 2 ops with us while on loan. 

Would have preferred a more realistic deal, that's all. 

So on a 4 year deal or not to sign him, where do you stand as even by your own words that was the option?

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

:clyay:

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve said it a couple of times but I think it was a 4 year deal to get the finances to work. I suspect the amount he was looking for was well above our wage cap, so we extended the deal to give him the number he wanted and enable us to stay within annual budgets. we just spread his payments imo. 

If he could play 4 years great if no he moves into another role. 

This speculation on my part, in main. 

I think Naismith was a catch 22. We knew it was a risk when we signed him, it’s not working out just now and I’m becoming less confident it will but it was decision that made sense at time.

Much more than most of our signings at least! 

That said you sign a big player on big money, ,with injury concerns, and base your team around him. If that decision doesn’t workout it’s understandable it is criticised. Particulary in the context of some poor decision making and poor performances and results

It’s a results business after all. A manager should be judged on the results of his decisions. You don’t get a free pass because at the time it seemed like the correct decision. 

Do we know if Naismith even had a medical before signing the 4 year deal?

It was more of a contract extension in reality than signing a brand new player. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Morph said:

Do we know if Naismith even had a medical before signing the 4 year deal?

It was more of a contract extension in reality than signing a brand new player. 

🙄

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is he lying? I get for some games he will want to keep the opposition guessing but not with this. However I think it must be hard to put a hard timescale on with some, or most,  injuries so go with a best estimate, thus the use of the word aim.  

There is no way he wasn't lying about the Souttar scenario when you look at the timetable of events leading to his operation Dave.

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

More the way it's being questioned. 

You could argue everything is intertwined and that comes back to CL and CL out. 

I think when discussing a particular signing on a thread it's pretty easy to stay on that subject and even on transfers in general .

If not, why bother with threads. Just have a free for all. It's a personal thing tho. 

Unsure, what is the point of discussion is then. 

We signed a current International player who was outstanding for us on loan. 

Any player can get injured. 

We also come back to expectations, can Hearts sign players of Naismiths ilk in his prime?

We can't, should go without saying. 

I'm annoyed at the Continued criticism of the club over everything, sometimes with no logic at all behind it. 

The 32 year old pro athlete comment being a particular stand out on this train wreck of a thread. 

Judged? 

This can be done later on. He's 3 months Into a 4 year deal? 

If passing judgement now then imo that's the problem. 

Enjoy the surf. 

You get annoyed about anyone criticising anything not people criticising everything.  You argue the clubs point of few on every issue that brought up on here.  They can't have got everything right.  

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is no way he wasn't lying about the Souttar scenario when you look at the timetable of events leading to his operation Dave.

I was thinking more of Naismith but not sure of the timetable of events for Souttar. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

🙄

What? Do you know?

Im not sure if when a player has a contract extended they would usually have a medical before.  I know he was coming from Norwich but he would’ve already done the medical before signing initially and had already been playing for us for a year. 

50k a week, never going to play ever again.

Hates all the coaches, won't become player coach if any of the coaches remain. FOUR YEAR DEAL.

Ragin.

Seethin.

Foamin.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So on a 4 year deal or not to sign him, where do you stand as even by your own words that was the option?

Its a tricky one that tbh.

If we all had a crystal ball eh.

Probably would have signed him tbh but hindsight is a great thing.

No axe to grind with yourself though.

On 01/08/2019 at 09:54, Robbo-Jambo said:

Need somebody like to kick arses on and off the pitch. 

He is a winner and hopefully this will run right  through the team. 

On 01/08/2019 at 09:56, Robbo-Jambo said:

Right Steven get a couple of midfielders in now 😏

On 01/08/2019 at 09:57, Robbo-Jambo said:

And a much much bigger influence. 

On 01/08/2019 at 11:10, Robbo-Jambo said:

A wee bit of envy in that post IMO 😋

On 01/08/2019 at 11:58, Robbo-Jambo said:

Just winding you up. :greggy:

Reckon there will be a coaching or managerial post within that 4 year period.

On 01/08/2019 at 12:07, Robbo-Jambo said:

Steven Naismith will get wired into our players verbally on and off the pitch.

Exactly what we need as when looking at our dugout it all looks too sedate during games. IMO.

He will be a hugh influence to us this season.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Can't legislate for his injuries thereafter though in hindsight. 😕

been here before
3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

So he has been with the club 18 months or so and at least a year of it he has been out. 4 year deal seems a joke.

Considering he is the only player we have that is capable of making a difference to our form, then we are done.

Levein will be gone before Naismith plays again.

The next manager will be gone by the time Naismith plays again.

kingantti1874

We should be able to win games without naisy, this only gets so much attention as injuries are the excuse for 1 year of horrendous performances and results.  Win games and no one will care, if we are so dependent on one player then it’s bad management simple as that

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Can't legislate for his injuries thereafter though in hindsight. 😕

Still you thought it was an excellent signing at the time. Even one to cause envy. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Its a tricky one that tbh.

If we all had a crystal ball eh.

Probably would have signed him tbh but hindsight is a great thing.

No axe to grind with yourself though.

Ofc, nor me, but that's my point. 

Thanks for answering honestly as well, unlike sone on here. 

99% of us would have signed him, hibs or Aberdeen would love him too. 

Questions to be asked of training, medical procedures - yes. 

Question the response from CL without Naismith - yes

Question the actual signing, ffs no. 

His quality of player is rare for Hearts nowadays. 

Hopefully he's not rushed back, can get match fit and can make a difference to the season ( along with Haring, Damour, Walker, Washington, Halkett, Souttar and Uche). 

... Whoever the manager is. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m off to surf in the sunshine 

Not going to quote it all but that was a top post.

Where are you, LBJ?

Anywhere nice?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

The next manager will be gone by the time Naismith plays again.

:D

You do pitch in with the odd cracker.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

50k a week, never going to play ever again.

Hates all the coaches, won't become player coach if any of the coaches remain. FOUR YEAR DEAL.

Ragin.

Seethin.

Foamin.

The RSF league. 

😂😂

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The RSF league. 

😂😂

😀😀😀 That's naw me man.

Snotters and Spittle and Slaver.

The SSS that's me.

Edited by Noah Claypole

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc, nor me, but that's my point. 

Thanks for answering honestly as well, unlike sone on here. 

99% of us would have signed him, hibs or Aberdeen would love him too. 

Questions to be asked of training, medical procedures - yes. 

Question the response from CL without Naismith - yes

Question the actual signing, ffs no. 

His quality of player is rare for Hearts nowadays. 

Hopefully he's not rushed back, can get match fit and can make a difference to the season ( along with Haring, Damour, Walker, Washington, Halkett, Souttar and Uche). 

... Whoever the manager is. 

👍Yip, that's what we all want. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Most agree on that. 

I was 100% behind it. 

No sweet cheeks, if Hearts has said no to him asking for four years I’d have respected that - disappointed not to sign him (because a fit Naismith is a quality player) but completely behind the decision not to commit to the age of 36 (36 FFS!)