Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not at all, he is a fantastic signing for you no doubt.

Just surprised at a 4 year deal though

Great, you've expressed your surprise. You can piss off now.

Rightly or wrongly the way people think our club is run it cant be all that bad when SN wants to stay. He could make more money I assume elsewhere so things behind the scenes cant be as bad as some think? 

If we get in 1 hopefully 2 new MF`s it could turn our team around, if they create chances for our forwards who knows how the season could pan out.

Our own teddy sheringham. He signed for Man utd at 31 and had 4 good years. I'm sure naisy can have the same influence on us.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hughes never got wired into anybody - it surprised me how quiet he was on the park TBH

Definitely, that wasn’t what was said when he was signed though.

I was being sarcastic anyway.  Good news all round this afternoon.  Hope it continues into Sunday. 

BarneyBattles44
7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Rightly or wrongly the way people think our club is run it cant be all that bad when SN wants to stay. He could make more money I assume elsewhere so things behind the scenes cant be as bad as some think? 

If we get in 1 hopefully 2 new MF`s it could turn our team around, if they create chances for our forwards who knows how the season could pan out.

The club has everything a top class outfit needs from staff youth - facilities - pitch 

The  Hearts Fans

The  only attraction in Embra

Bring out a tough creative side 

Hearts are the love of my life 

Set up for success

Edited by BarneyBattles44

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Loving the *%#$¥ on here finding a negative spin on this.

Spot on, Pants. How the #### can any Hearts fan come out with this pish is beyond me. 

41 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Excellent 

1564650051naisyarmsbanner.jpg

Great photo

No chance he won't end up involved in coaching more, even if he says he won't. He does all that already on the park and in training, just his personality.

Inch Hearts

To put into context, Steven Naismith is a fantastic footballer who not only has had a fantastic career to date at the highest level both domestically but internationally.  Hearts will get in total the best part of 6 years of that career.  That’s incredible just to think about. 

BarneyBattles44

Poster Bauld

Thanks for your post Jambo

Im sure as most fans of the club your delighted with the saga ending in success

e598b428b531ffb56d59ae6a1b61320d--scotland-football.thumb.jpg.821984c29be96a173cbd8781ab0e15bb.jpg

An Aberdeen supporter getting bent out of shape about us signing Naismith on a 4 year deal, on a Hearts forum, and doing everything he can to put a negative spin on it?

**** off :rofl:

Clearly jealous that we can attract players of that calibre, and get them to stay long term, whereas Aberdeen are able to get... absolute nobodies!

What an absolute riddy :lol: 

Pants Shaton

Folk should take a look at some absolute huddy getting signed by an English club for £20m and realise that, 33 or not, this is an unbelievable coup.

Pants Shaton
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

An Aberdeen supporter getting bent out of shape about us signing Naismith on a 4 year deal, on a Hearts forum, and doing everything he can to put a negative spin on it?

Clearly jealous that we can attract players of that calibre, and get them to stay long term, whereas Aberdeen are able to get... absolute nobodies!

What about Funso Ojo?

7 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

I’m delighted Naismith ‘is’ signing but I’d agree that it’s ridiculous that we seem to be pinning our entire season on him doing so. 

Naismiths a fantastic player for our level but he isn’t the difference between us being a good team and a title challenging one, he’s the difference between a poor one and a good one. A club the size of Hearts really shouldn’t be in that situation.

"A club the size of Hearts really shouldn't be in that situation"

That was basically the point I was making in earlier posts before the usual backlash and folk looking for negatives. Still, wouldn't expect anything else on kickback really.

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

This is a interesting quote from his interview -

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. I’ve enjoyed it and it’s been a very good fit for me as a player. The squad’s had a lot of change in that time and I think I’ve played a big part in trying to guide that to where we want to go.

So he's saying he's had an influence on some/type players coming here

It was spoken about last season that Naisy was a bit more than just a senior player and that part of his new deal meant that he’d have influence over the way we play. I don’t know if that is true but it was certainly discussed on here.

A bit like the great Johan Cruyff, wears great man’s number, plays the same position, same type of leader, wouldn’t surprise me if he was also influencing the what happens on the pitch in the same way. 

BarneyBattles44
18 minutes ago, kila said:

Great photo

No chance he won't end up involved in coaching more, even if he says he won't. He does all that already on the park and in training, just his personality.

I'm looking forward to his playing career with us .

He has those attributes a club talisman needs

The support he offers to others is a major factor 

He isn't interested in coaching right now

5 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Folk should take a look at some absolute huddy getting signed by an English club for £20m and realise that, 33 or not, this is an unbelievable coup.

:clap:

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I think the guys been on here a long time and they play hearts at the weekend.  He’s allowed an opinion despite it being totally ill informed.  I don’t think jealous is the word though, they should really be concentrating on playing tonight instead of commentating on players signed from another team in the league. 

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Jungle said:

Would love to have a sneaky view at his contract. Bet it's the most bespoke Hearts have penned for any player. 

I bet it isn't.

When Ann Budge took over no player had the same contract as each other and they were all wildly different from each other. Romanov era contracts were wild they were all over the place. Can you imagine at one point we had 70+ players on the books and not one of them had the same contract as the other. It was chaos.

Hearts then made it a policy to align all the contracts to having the same terms in them as each other - that obviously doesn't include the amount of wage but it certainly covers bonuses (which is done as a points system among the players now and they don't get a bonus unless they reach a certain position in the league), any add ons, more money for more games played etc are all things of the past. 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

What about Funso Ojo?

Guaranteed to have a blinder on Sunday now. 🙄

BarneyBattles44
15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

"A club the size of Hearts really shouldn't be in that situation"

That was basically the point I was making in earlier posts before the usual backlash and folk looking for negatives. Still, wouldn't expect anything else on kickback really.

Naismith was due money at the end of a previous aggreement .

he became a free agent momentarily this morning.

Hearts had no say or control over the issue until today.

At 10 am they and Naismith accepted the  offer

4 Years

As to your comments and our replies

Stated to you of relying on one player being embarrassing 

Its Hearts we support some players have the party effect

Naisy is on of them

No way was I disrespecting you

Great for us and him.

I hope he becomes the manager at some point. 

You just get the feeling he has it in him. A natural leader who just gets the respect of his fellow pros.

This from jealous.net this morning:

We have club legends who are inspirational role models. They have Steven Naismith who stands over injured players and taunts them. Thats the difference between the two clubs.

Off the top of my head, the ‘club legends who are inspirational role models’ can only be Riordan, O’Connor, Stokes, McGinley and Bartley.

To name but five.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Morgan said:

We have club legends who are inspirational role models. They have Steven Naismith who stands over injured players and taunts them. Thats the difference between the two clubs.

Off the top of my head, the ‘club legends who are inspirational role models’ can only be Riordan, O’Connor, Stokes, McGinley and Bartley.

To name but five.

Or 'legends' who pish themselves in taxis.

Just now, Morgan said:

To name but five.

Ah yes, the Infamous Five. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

You get a Pat on the head for that one.  :) 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

To name but five.

The sad thing is that most of them will actually believe this.

They are truly beyond help

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Ah yes, the Infamous Five. 

As opposed to our very own ‘famous five’.

33B3C305-A27B-4336-9820-B11949453154.jpeg

133AD040-ED73-40AB-B82A-DBE39936445F.jpeg

BarneyBattles44

Still talking garbage on that poophole

Pony trekkng  across the universe on one of these

Daft kunts the lot of them

animalRahat-update-march18-amelia-v2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

To name but five.

Mind that time club legend riordan couldn't take having rings run around him by Skacel and tried to break his leg? :rolleyes: 

Also not sure steven naismith is a legend, yet. :D 

Edited by Morph

The Mercer Takeover

A 4 year deal for someone who is 33 next year and had serious injury problems!

Easy seeing why the rest of the squad is utter @#sh, all our eggs are in the one basket.

I like Naismith and he makes huge difference to our team but 4 years.....

7 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Easy seeing why the rest of the squad is utter @#sh, all our eggs are in the one basket.

It's obvious Naismith has been signed for more than is playing. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
more, I just see it missing

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

It's obvious Naismith has been signed for than is playing. 

There are non as blind as those who can't see eh! 

BarneyBattles44
9 minutes ago, Morph said:

Mind that time club legend riordan couldn't take having rings run around him by Skacel and tried to break his leg? :rolleyes: 

Song moment

Rudi Skacel is a 

****ing goal machine

Hearts-Beer.jpg

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

More than likely!

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

To name but five.

They really wrote that!!!?? Without a sense of irony!!!??

44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Those of us who saw him play would never quibble with his legend status. He's one of the giants of Edinburgh football. It's churlish not to accept that.

Anyway, back to the Naismith deal. What a beautiful day.

22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

To name but five.

Ah, so that's who the "famous five" were! I can't think of many club legends they've had and the ones I can think of are all pissheids! Maybe that's what they mean by role models!

Hibs have signed dodgy types for years, said so many times over the decades. Stokes, Riordan, McGinlay, Weir, Collins, Willie Millar, Tweed, Griffiths, Calum Milne, O'Connor, Brown, Gareth Evans, Sproule, Paul Wright, Barry Lavety (or lavatory as he was known) and plenty others. I remember watching Liam Craig at St Johnstone a few years ago and thinking he was a bit of a tw@t and would make a good Hibs player, couple of years later he ended up there, it's the Hibs way. Surprised they never signed Dougie Imrie or Darion McKinnon from Hamilton, they would've fitted in perfectly down there. Sure they'll sign a few more in the years to come.

35 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I imagine we've done it to make him affordable. Maybe take us into the ballpark total remuneration that a better off club could offer him over 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I imagine we've done it to make him affordable. Maybe take us into the ballpark total remuneration that a better off club could offer him over 2 years.

The boy obviously has inside knowledge on how much we are paying him. Or even why it is a four year deal 😂😂

35 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Indeed

39 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

It's obvious Naismith has been signed for more than is playing. 

You could stamp it on peoples foreheads and say if you disagree you will drop dead and they would still disagree and argue

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

The boy obviously has inside knowledge on how much we are paying him. Or even why it is a four year deal 😂😂

😂😂

47 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Either big money or long contract 

Great news.

Hope he manages to avoid injuries from now on.

He hasn't been an injury prone player so far in his career.  I just hope these past injuries with us are now behind him.