Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

A lot of Aberden fans would prefer to see McGinn more centrally.

Playing in the no 10 hole role.

McInnes doesn't seem to utilise him there

McGinn already plays in a hole.

It's called Aberdeen.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I want to cry - just read Naismith’s article and you can’t help but love him, the club, everything. Feels so good and right - lets kick on 

Settle :lol: 

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Good news. Not just short term but potentially for our future.

Just hope he stays, relatively at least, injury free. If so, he could go on to be the Alex McDonald of the 2020's but with the trophies the wee man deserved.

Wonder who he would bring in as his Sandy Jardine ?

Getting a bit carried away now :laugh2:

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Steven Naismith will get wired into our players verbally on and off the pitch.

Exactly what we need as when looking at our dugout it all looks too sedate during games. IMO.

He will be a hugh influence to us this season.

Same said the same when Aaron Hughes signed tbf.

20 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

A lot of Aberden fans would prefer to see McGinn more centrally.

Playing in the no 10 hole role.

McInnes doesn't seem to utilise him there

Have you considered that McInnes maybe knows he wouldn't be very good in that role, after seeing him training and playing for the last umpteen years?

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

McGinn already plays in a hole.

It's called Aberdeen.

:greggy:

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Different characters I think.

He was already doing it when he was on loan. :jjyay:

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wonder if he will start on Sunday? 

First name on the team sheet I would think!

I just hope that everyone realises that it might take him a while to get up to speed.

He hasnt played a competitive match in some time and I am not sure what kind of a pre season he has had (if any).

No doubt all the pant wetters will be out in force if he doesnt play that well in his first couple of matches.

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hughes never got wired into anybody - it surprised me how quiet he was on the park TBH

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Just winding you up. :greggy:

Reckon there will be a coaching or managerial post within that 4 year period.

Nae bother.

Kickback is all happy today.

Hopefully we're all happy tonight.

Then its league kick off on Sunday, may the best team win 😊

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Clearly very different personalities.

still, guarantees Levein will be replaced by Naismith...in 4 years :whistling:

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

a player that turns 33 next year

:lol:   Why not just say he's 32?

38 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Four years, fantastic! Plenty time to become a legend before retiring and becoming manager.

😍❤️

This is bucket loads

HHGH

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Have you considered that McInnes maybe knows he wouldn't be very good in that role, after seeing him training and playing for the last umpteen years?

Yes, I have.

Most fans recall when he first came to Aberdeen and played centrally, before being pushed wide when Rooney came in.

It's clear he does not have the pace he once had, hence he reverts to turning back inside far too often.

He can be very clinical in and around the box as shown with his goal against RoPS Rovaniemi

3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I just hope that everyone realises that it might take him a while to get up to speed.

He hasnt played a competitive match in some time and I am not sure what kind of a pre season he has had (if any).

No doubt all the pant wetters will be out in force if he doesnt play that well in his first couple of matches.

Doubt it. Naisy probably won't need much time to get up to speed but, if so, he'll be given it. In addition, get the feeling that if anybody did shout abuse at him they'd get it right back. 

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:lol:   Why not just say he's 32?

sorry, misstype.

He turns 33 in 6 weeks time.

There's not many players get offered 4 year deals at that age.

14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wonder who he would bring in as his Sandy Jardine ?

Getting a bit carried away now :laugh2:

Berra? :)

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Lets be honest wee Naisy will stroll it, buzzing to see him back in the Hearts shirt. Hope we see him in that black 3rd kit on Sunday! 

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yes, I have.

Most fans recall when he first came to Aberdeen and played centrally, before being pushed wide when Rooney came in.

It's clear he does not have the pace he once had, hence he reverts to turning back inside far too often.

He can be very clinical in and around the box as shown with his goal against RoPS Rovaniemi

Correct me if I'm wrong (I only ever have a fleeting interest in Aberdeen), but wasn't McGinn playing as a striker as opposed to a #10, and then a winger? Only time I've seen him play as anything other than a winger, by memory, has been as out and out striker. As i said, I could be completely wrong.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I only ever have a fleeting interest in Aberdeen), but wasn't McGinn playing as a striker as opposed to a #10, and then a winger? Only time I've seen him play as anything other than a winger, by memory, has been as out and out striker. As i said, I could be completely wrong.

Yes :confused:

As a striker, he played centrally 😛

I was surprised that it was a 4 year deal, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. He is committing himself to Hearts for the long term - the rest of his playing career, and probably a coaching role to follow. And for the club, it sends a message - we feel this player is crucial to our plans, so we’ve offered him a deal so secure it removes all speculation.

Follow this up with Whelan/Lamour/Ledley or whoever in midfield, and I might get genuinely optimistic.

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

What a joke.  The Tynecastle Retirement Home for Gentlemen Footballers. 

Jealous aye ?:greggy:

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yes :confused:

As a striker, he played centrally 😛

Uh-huh. I'm not sure if you are being obtuse or if I'm not explaining myself properly. I'll try again.

Steven Naismith since coming to Hearts has been playing almost as a midfielder as opposed to a forward. He sits behind the striker and gets forward to overlap, hence his goals. What he does more importantly than that though, is to dictate play from a deeper position and control games by winning and receiving the ball from midfield, before picking out forward players either directly in front of him, or further up the pitch in wider areas. After getting the ball to them, he then takes up positions in the box or makes an angle/triangle to receive the ball again and pick out a better placed player to get a goal.

Can you see McGinn doing that with any kind of effectiveness? You would obviously see a lot more of him than I have/do, but to the best of my memory, he has only ever been a guy who runs down the wing and tries to get a cross/shot in, or a guy who tries to get past a centrehalf from a central striker's position and look to get a shot off.

11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

sorry, misstype.

He turns 33 in 6 weeks time.

There's not many players get offered 4 year deals at that age.

I can honestly see him playing for us till he's 40. And who knows, rub a bit of horse placenta on his knees and we can extend it to 45! 

NaturalOrder74

Good to get him over the line but that’s been a done deal for ages hope we follow this up with a premium midfielder 

Portable Badger

This is a interesting quote from his interview -

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. I’ve enjoyed it and it’s been a very good fit for me as a player. The squad’s had a lot of change in that time and I think I’ve played a big part in trying to guide that to where we want to go.

So he's saying he's had an influence on some/type players coming here

16 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

This is a interesting quote from his interview -

“I’ve loved every minute I’ve been here. I’ve enjoyed it and it’s been a very good fit for me as a player. The squad’s had a lot of change in that time and I think I’ve played a big part in trying to guide that to where we want to go.

So he's saying he's had an influence on some/type players coming here

And maybe some that didn't.  (Lafferty return?)

15 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

I think I’ve played a big part in trying to guide that to where we want to go.

Would love to have a sneaky view at his contract. Bet it's the most bespoke Hearts have penned for any player. This line links perfectly with the 4 year deal. If he is guiding already imagine his input in 2-3 years time. Personally I think he'll be at the reigns in 2 seasons time.   

44 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

McGinn is a knobjokee , always says hi but still he’s a bellend and his banter is of the and I quote “your awful quiet will you be chirpier if i put a penny in the slot” level

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Excellent 

1564650051naisyarmsbanner.jpg

We really need a 'like' button on here. That is glorious. 😎🇱🇻

Robbo-Jambo
19 minutes ago, graygo said:

And maybe some that didn't.  (Lafferty return?)

Very likely.

He cant stand Lafferty.

Portable Badger
16 minutes ago, Jungle said:

Would love to have a sneaky view at his contract. Bet it's the most bespoke Hearts have penned for any player. This line links perfectly with the 4 year deal. If he is guiding already imagine his input in 2-3 years time. Personally I think he'll be at the reigns in 2 seasons time.   

Latter part of the interview (I paraphrase) he hints he expects to play for four years and '" May then go into coaching after that, if that's what I decide to do"

BarneyBattles44
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We really need a 'like' button on here. That is glorious. 😎🇱🇻

The excellent work done on the walls with a re-signed talisman next to the art works

Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts

Tynecastle the home of

Footballing arts

1564648044naismithjerseybanner.jpg

Edited by BarneyBattles44