Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

I bet it isn't.

When Ann Budge took over no player had the same contract as each other and they were all wildly different from each other. Romanov era contracts were wild they were all over the place. Can you imagine at one point we had 70+ players on the books and not one of them had the same contract as the other. It was chaos.

Hearts then made it a policy to align all the contracts to having the same terms in them as each other - that obviously doesn't include the amount of wage but it certainly covers bonuses (which is done as a points system among the players now and they don't get a bonus unless they reach a certain position in the league), any add ons, more money for more games played etc are all things of the past. 

I bet it has all that and more. Side notes galore.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

This from jealous.net this morning:

We have club legends who are inspirational role models. They have Steven Naismith who stands over injured players and taunts them. Thats the difference between the two clubs.

Off the top of my head, the ‘club legends who are inspirational role models’ can only be Riordan, O’Connor, Stokes, McGinley and Bartley.

To name but five.

Gordon Neeley. 

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

What about Funso Ojo?

Pish :lol: 

giphy.gif

Also, I never realised this:

"Ojo was linked with a transfer to Scottish club Hibernian in June 2019.  Ojo believed that he could leave Scunthorpe on a free transfer after they were relegated to EFL League Two, but the proposed move stalled after Scunthorpe disputed whether Ojo could do this.  Later in the summer, Scunthorpe accepted offers of £125,000 from Hibernian and Aberdeen.  Ojo moved to Aberdeen, signing a three-year contract with the club."

Hibs :rofl: 

Edited by tian447

All roads lead to Gorgie

Great news. Whilst I was 90% sure he would sign there is always that last 10%   that you fear. One thing is certain he will let anyone not pulling their weight on the pitch know what we require on a regular basis. Maybe this will make others want to join us now too. 

Thought Police
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

We have club legends who are inspirational role models. They have Steven Naismith who stands over injured players and taunts them. Thats the difference between the two clubs.

Off the top of my head, the ‘club legends who are inspirational role models’ can only be Riordan, O’Connor, Stokes, McGinley and Bartley.

To name but five.

We have Steven Naismith who is an ambassador for Dyslexia Scotland, feeds homeless people on Christmas Day, and does countless community work in Liverpool and Ayrshire. Aye, he's an evil b******

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

To name but five.

That’ll be Stevie Naismith, we’ll known for his philanthropy and supporting good causes.

Back to yer bed ya inbred flumps.

queensferryjambo
2 minutes ago, Jungle said:

I bet it has all that and more. Side notes galore.

You would lose that bet.

Hearts do not work like that any more and never will under the governance of Ann Budge and the FOH. 

I have had the subject explained to me by one of the board of directors at Hearts in the last few months. 

Feel free to believe what you want though.

5 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

We have Steven Naismith who is an ambassador for Dyslexia Scotland, feeds homeless people on Christmas Day, and does countless community work in Liverpool and Ayrshire. Aye, he's an evil b******

This is a club who worship racist shoplifting rats, and players who stick their fingers up their opponents' poop chutes on the park. If they saw Naismith as being 'one of their own', I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This is a club who worship racist shoplifting rats, and players who stick their fingers up their opponents' poop chutes on the park. If they saw Naismith as being 'one of their own', I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

:rofl:This is worded perfectly.

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Yeah, but if they pretend he knew the other player was injured they can act like he's a right Stokes and tell themselves we're not their superior in every single little way. 

Steven Naismith - good guy, everyone knows it. 

SpruceBringsteen

"If Naismith stays fit I can see them causing us problems"

We caused you problems with Callum Tapping and Dylan McGowan wee man, have a ****ing sit down. :laugh:

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

We caused you problems with Callum Tapping and Dylan McGowan wee man, have a ****ing sit down. :laugh:

:rofl:

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

😂😂😂 poetic 

I didn't think any player would have the potential to dislodge Hartley from my number 1 favourite ever Hearts player - but here he is 😍😍😍

11 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Post of the Year 2019

:rofl: 

1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

They really wrote that!!!?? Without a sense of irony!!!??

One of their number did, yes. That’s a direct copy/paste job.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Ah, so that's who the "famous five" were! I can't think of many club legends they've had and the ones I can think of are all pissheids! Maybe that's what they mean by role models!

Hibs have signed dodgy types for years, said so many times over the decades. Stokes, Riordan, McGinlay, Weir, Collins, Willie Millar, Tweed, Griffiths, Calum Milne, O'Connor, Brown, Gareth Evans, Sproule, Paul Wright, Barry Lavety (or lavatory as he was known) and plenty others. I remember watching Liam Craig at St Johnstone a few years ago and thinking he was a bit of a tw@t and would make a good Hibs player, couple of years later he ended up there, it's the Hibs way. Surprised they never signed Dougie Imrie or Darion McKinnon from Hamilton, they would've fitted in perfectly down there. Sure they'll sign a few more in the years to come.

Dougie Imrie would be a perfect fit for them, see how well Liam Craig fitted in.

57 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Gordon Neeley. 

Indeed!  He certainly ‘coached’ the youngsters in his own special way.

51 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

He’s rotten to the core, is Steven.  :facepalm:

47 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’ll be Stevie Naismith, we’ll known for his philanthropy and supporting good causes.

Back to yer bed ya inbred flumps.

They've got beds?

Oh aye, that’s where they go when the Hearts are having a party. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

To name but five.

Remember, O' cokeheed counts as two Morg, so that's six mutant yardsticks to measure the vermin with.

Just now, jamboozy said:

Remember, O' cokeheed counts as two Morg, so that's six mutant yardsticks to measure the vermin with.

Good point, Boozy. :thumbsup:

The more the merrier to slate them ‘til eternity.

Dalstonjambo
26 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

No need to continue with the board this year. That's the best post we'll see.

A_A wehatethehibs

Jonny Hayes injured himself trying to foul Naismith 😂 ****ing prick, Naismith was right to get stuck in 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

grumpyespana
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

The vermin's glow in the dark third strip top is a belter . says everything about them

Whats this got to do with Naismith guys.

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

A 4 year deal for someone who is 33 next year and had serious injury problems!

Easy seeing why the rest of the squad is utter @#sh, all our eggs are in the one basket.

I like Naismith and he makes huge difference to our team but 4 years.....

Why just not say he is 32 years old.

We are only half way through this year.

BarneyBattles44
32 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

This

bolt.png

giphy.gif

Toxteth O'Grady

4 years seems a bit over the top but hopefully he will play as long as possible and then contribute to coaching. 

gashauskis9

Reflection time.  When a young Naismith was banging them in for Everton in the Premiership, and we were struggling to pay wages and keep the lights on, did anyone think that 5/6 years later we’d be signing him on a 4 year deal?

Me neither.  This is what progress looks like.  Time to be positive.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

The vermin's glow in the dark third strip top is a belter . says everything about them

I'm gonna say I do like the. Celtic pink one tho.... 🙄

BarneyBattles44
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm gonna say I do like the. Celtic pink one tho.... 🙄

Ye HUD tae

Watch oot grumpys aboot

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

33 next year....  So 32 then.. 😂

Ffs. 

If we get 2/3 years out of we'll be laughing. 

20 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Reflection time.  When a young Naismith was banging them in for Everton in the Premiership, and we were struggling to pay wages and keep the lights on, did anyone think that 5/6 years later we’d be signing him on a 4 year deal?

Me neither.  This is what progress looks like.  Time to be positive.

Love it

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

arse-tweets.jpg

The 4 years will include the cross over into coaching . 

Absolutely tremendous news , getting him tied to the club for this amount of time is the icing on the cake . 

He is a winner through and through , exactly what we need at the club . 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm 39 and a third. That's also a fact.

I'm 39 and 3 thirds 

BarneyBattles44
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm 39 and 3 thirds 

Im 39 years older than when i was 14

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I'm 39 and 24 thirds. This is great news!

Ahhh im so glad this is a thing im now 25 and 0/100 and tomorrow ill be 25 and 0/100 and the day after 25 and 0/100 and so on....

#peterpanjambos

Robbo-Jambo
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

It sounds better 😊

Plus the guy that posted it seemed to be having a dig at him getting 4 years contract. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ahhh im so glad this is a thing im now 25 and 0/100 and tomorrow ill be 25 and 0/100 and the day after 25 and 0/100 and so on....

#peterpanjambos

Just going to grab the calculator then send out invitations for my 21st. 🎂🎂🎂

Rocky jamboa

I'm happy we'll have him round the club for 4 years. And 36 (by time he gets towards the end of his contract) isn't old for players anymore. 

I would imagine the deal may include a wage reduction in years 3 or 4, or maybe be weighted towards number of games, goal, assists etc. Who knows. Delighted he's finally signed.