Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hearts wall of silence.  No statements on anything.  ST sales etc.  Attrocious performances.

Sorry for being cryptic.

Wall of silence.:jj_facepalm:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

jambo-rocker

Chances are if Naismith is going to be partly a coach, you'd imagine we're waiting until after the end of the season to empty a coach or two of our own.

10 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

Chances are if Naismith is going to be partly a coach, you'd imagine we're waiting until after the end of the season to empty a coach or two of our own.

Naismith?  Oh, right!  This thread's about Naismith.

Good news about him signing.

portobellojambo1
6 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Well played sir, a fine riposte!  I'm not actually a farmer though, I just bear an uncanny resemblance to the character from Chicken Run!

You're certainly correct that it's all opinions, but in the context of Scottish football, Steven Naismith is still very much a seriously top drawer player. Outwith celtic, there's probably a handful of players at most in Scotland that are better than him. He's almost certainly not EPL quality any more, and would probably not be in great demand from top English Championship clubs looking for promotion either these days, but I think it's highly likely he'd be able to get a contract at a middling Championship club without too much trouble that would earn him considerably more money than he'll make at Hearts. He's been clear for quite a long time though that his family have wanted to resettle back in Scotland for their kids' schooling, and also that in a personal sense for him, his priority was to actually enjoy his football, not maximise his earnings. That's good news for us, because if he was looking for the most lucrative contract he could get to round off his career, we wouldn't ever have had a snowball's chance in hell of seeing him pull on a Hearts shirt.

In football, as in all other circles of life, you have people who make the most of what they earn, but they are often outnumbered by wasters. In terms of relativelt recent arrivals at Tynecastle certainly a couple have invested wisely, whereas one who left us early in the season had invested poorly, got some help from us but has reverted to bad habits and ended up deep in the shit again. The two wise investors were/are Steven Naismith and Christophe Berra, who are made for life through their investments. What they now earn in football terms is little more than pocket money, when they were making good money they made it work for them and now find themselves with very extensive property portfolios, big money makers. I've not been tracking things but he recently invested in the construction of his own property, i.e. somewhere for he and his family to live, and that involved small change of around £1.5 million being used. He did that as his future is here in Scotland, more specifically Ayrshire, where his roots are. His next step once he finishes playing will be into coaching. From speaking to a few of the players and from watching him while he is on the park for us I suspect he is going to be very good in that role, and for that reason I'm delighted that he has decided that he sees his future, and the phrase he used in a recent interview was a number of years., at Tynecastle and I hope that in the not too distant future we have the pleasure of seeing what he can bring to this club as a coach as well, if you want to win and compete you need winners in place to do so and he certainly falls into that category.

oh ah grantona
3 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Any updates on if he’s fit?

Seen a rumour that he has a closed door match this week to prove fitness.

I have always thought he will have a space on bench 

Jambo 4 Ever
On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 23:27, jr ewing said:

Faith healing may help. 

couldn't do any harm I guess

1 hour ago, oh ah grantona said:

Seen a rumour that he has a closed door match this week to prove fitness.

I have always thought he will have a space on bench 

I don't think there's any point putting him on the bench. Bad start and we could be out of the game before he ties his laces. If he's available he should start and play till he's knackered then come off. At least then he can influence things from the start.

Jambof3tornado
24 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He won’t be playing, won’t even be a sub.

but he’ll be our new manager next season :wink: 

1st bit I'm sure you are correct.

2nd bit......massive leap of faith needed. Manager you say, or player manager??

Seems awfy experimental to me!!

North Berwick Jambo
29 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I would be happy with him as player/manager, he has the respect of the players & he couldn’t be worse than Levein

GorgieRules22
33 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Your info is the most reliable on here but I’m doubting the second part. He will be part of the management team but not the main man.

Absolute Scenes
54 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So is it official now that he definitely wont be playing in the final?

Cant say I'm not gutted like, really feel like he'd be the difference

Unless its all games....

41 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

1st bit I'm sure you are correct.

2nd bit......massive leap of faith needed. Manager you say, or player manager??

Seems awfy experimental to me!!

Player manager 

37 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Your info is the most reliable on here but I’m doubting the second part. He will be part of the management team but not the main man.

I’d say there are a few more on here get more info than me tbf.

i fully trust the person I heard this from though.

The Old Tolbooth
43 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

how reliable is your source?

I had heard yesterday that he's playing in a bounce game against Dundee United today to give him a run out to see how he goes with Saturday in mind, my hopes were raised, but now I'm not so sure. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Player manager 

Interesting. I wonder if he can has as much influence from the dugout as he can on the pitch.

MacPhee to be his no2?

If there is a bounce game to test his fitness, and following that, he is available for selection, he should start the final. At least if he breaks down, you can sub him. What's the point bringing him on later, to then break down, and have to sub a sub. 

If he isn't fully 90 minute fit, we might get a good 60 mins. 

I very much doubt it...but fingers crossed.

Disser Pointon
2 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

If there is a bounce game to test his fitness, and following that, he is available for selection, he should start the final. At least if he breaks down, you can sub him. What's the point bringing him on later, to then break down, and have to sub a sub. 

If he isn't fully 90 minute fit, we might get a good 60 mins. 

I very much doubt it...but fingers crossed.

I agree although it's a double edged sword. To see him in the starting line up would be a massive boost but for him to go off injured again after x amount of minutes would bring back bad memories of the LC semi. 

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Interesting. I wonder if he can has as much influence from the dugout as he can on the pitch.

MacPhee to be his no2?

I have no info whatsoever about assistant.

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I have no info whatsoever about assistant.

And the current manager?

Jambo 4 Ever
39 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I had heard yesterday that he's playing in a bounce game against Dundee United today to give him a run out to see how he goes with Saturday in mind, my hopes were raised, but now I'm not so sure. 

hopefully you are right about the bounce game

46 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I don't think this is true, United have a play off game on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I don't think this is true, United have a play off game on Thursday.

And today is Tuesday so it can’t happen................Eh I don’t think so !

Perrykitch

What people are posting here is nonsense I reckon. If there is a bounce game with a fair few people involved it will come out if he has played or not. It would even come out before one was played.

StevenNaismith

He was meant to play in a bounce game last Wednesday but is having problems with his hamstring. No idea about any bounce game today as the team are up in St Andrews.

Uncle Buck

If he somehow makes it, which I don’t think he will, then we’re as good as 1-0 up already.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

how reliable is your source?

As close to me as it could possibly be

If he plays,   you just KNOW he'll take a couple of snide kicks off a certain vulture faced Celtic centre mid.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is a chance 

Even if true, better to believe it aint so

3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Sounds like it would be madness to risk him. 

No risk he has months to get fit. 

4 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

??

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd have to shoot you

Ask him again J_i_H.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Ask him again J_i_H.

:rofl:

GorgieFifeLife

Heard John Daly and Liam Fox leaving the club to go into management together and a few clubs are interested in them.  Austin Macphee to be Head Coach assisted by Naismith and Hughes.  Craig will go back to concentrate on Director of Football role. Don't have any more info but I trust the source and time will tell I suppose.

Agentjambo
9 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Heard John Daly and Liam Fox leaving the club to go into management together and a few clubs are interested in them.  Austin Macphee to be Head Coach assisted by Naismith and Hughes.  Craig will go back to concentrate on Director of Football role. Don't have any more info but I trust the source and time will tell I suppose.

McPhee has stated he doesn't want to be a head coach/manager, he likes being a coach.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Agentjambo said:

McPhee has stated he doesn't want to be a head coach/manager, he likes being a coach.

Yeah I thought that as well. As I say just sharing what I heard. Perhaps he has had change of heart, will see soon enough I suppose.

According to Joel Sked; Uche Ikpeazu, Peter Haring and Arnaud Djoum have all involved in full training on Tuesday morning with the squad at their base in St Andrews. And; Steven Naismith already ruled out!

If Naismith is the close to being fit I would expect him to training. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/boost-for-hearts-as-key-trio-involved-in-training-ahead-of-scottish-cup-final-1-4931311

13 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You really shouldn’t be telling lies on the internet 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

You really shouldn’t be telling lies on the internet 

Not at all. Just sharing what I heard please take or leave as you wish.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Would be happy with that.

Makes sense. Daly and Fox develop as a management team and so If they excel, it means they can easily slide back into the club as management.