Aidy White signs for Hearts

kimosavi

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I mention duds? I said two teams, 22 players that I listed, that whether long/short term injured or not cost us millions and contributed little. Nobody has seen this guy play since January 2017, is that not the point?

No-one had seen Sow play much either. I don't think this signing was especially needed but I'm not writing him off. 

There's no doubt we've had a much bigger turnover of players than in previous, pre-Romanov days. Do you think that promotion and 3 managers in as many years might have had something to do with that, not to mention an incredible injury list? How many players have Hibs and Rangers turned over in the same time period?

The key thing for me is that we are now signing up our best players on long-term contracts and have young players of various ages champing at the bit to get in the first team. I'm going to guess that huge turnover is not going to be repeated. Unless of course we carry on changing manager every year or two.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

Pasquale for King
Just now, frankblack said:

Here you go again, do you want to actually provide some facts?

Oshiniwa was our top earner on £3k a week, 3 year contract, signing on fee, agent fee, north of £500k wasted! Fake news according to you?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

I take it that is an admission you were talking pish and can't back up your arguments?

Not at all, can you disprove it?

King Joffrey

The one position we've found hardest to fill. So.

A player who hasn't kicked a ball in anger in 2 years given a 2.5 year deal and immediately Levein says there's a lot of work to do.

Just bizarre. Wish him luck. Hope I'm wrong. Welcome. And all that....

But there's Luke Leahy gonna be out of contract at Walsall, still only 26 and being looked at by bigger English clubs. Good attacking LB I mind from Falkirk days.

Yes. Haven't seen him in ages etc but seems a safer, fitter bet who knows Scottish football. And in line with us looking for a better style of football, he was often left mid.

We've been beaten into accepting mediocre signings and quoting money's tight. We need to be more demanding as fans. This signing looks a St Mirren level punt.

Do genuinely hope he's a Glynn Snodin or Neil Pointon type. But I'm giving my mind a treat. Less than whelmed. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No-one had seen Sow play much either. I don't think this signing was especially needed but I'm not writing him off. 

There's no doubt we've had a much bigger turnover of players than in previous, pre-Romanov days. Do you think that promotion and 3 managers in as many years might have had something to do with that, not to mention an incredible injury list? How many players have Hibs and Rangers turned over in the same time period?

The key thing for me is that we are now signing up our best players on long-term contracts and have young players of various ages champing at the bit to get in the first team. I'm going to guess that huge turnover is not going to be repeated. Unless of course we carry on changing manager every year or two.

I don’t really care about those two clubs, they’ve had more managers than we have in the period where we’ve signed over 100 players. This thread is about a guy who is unlikely to contribute to the clubs aims, not about the other players signed up.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Oshiniwa was our top earner on £3k a week, 3 year contract, signing on fee, agent fee, north of £500k wasted! Fake news according to you?

I think we all agree Juwon was a disastrous signing, but he doesn't define our recruitment policy. And if we were signing a player with his pedigree now we'd all be salivating. In fact, you should be happy with the signing of White in comparison!

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where do you get the info on his wages etc? 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, King Joffrey said:

The one position we've found hardest to fill. So.

A player who hasn't kicked a ball in anger in 2 years given a 2.5 year deal and immediately Levein says there's a lot of work to do.

Just bizarre. Wish him luck. Hope I'm wrong. Welcome. And all that....

But there's Luke Leahy gonna be out of contract at Walsall, still only 26 and being looked at by bigger English clubs. Good attacking LB I mind from Falkirk days.

Yes. Haven't seen him in ages etc but seems a safer, fitter bet who knows Scottish football. And in line with us looking for a better style of football, he was often left mid.

We've been beaten into accepting mediocre signings and quoting money's tight. We need to be more demanding as fans. This signing looks a St Mirren level punt.

Do genuinely hope he's a Glynn Snodin or Neil Pointon type. But I'm giving my mind a treat. Less than whelmed. 

I think we all hope he proves us doubters wrong, not sure if those two you mentioned were that great to be honest sorry.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Again, can you prove those figures for Oshinawa or did you pluck them from your ass?

I would imagine any such contracts would be strictly confidential, so I am curious as to how you have such great insights into our finances?

Not at all, can you disprove it?

I am not the one making shit up and posting it as facts without providing any sources.  I repeat the onus is on you to prove it.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we all agree Juwon was a disastrous signing, but he doesn't define our recruitment policy. And if we were signing a player with his pedigree now we'd all be salivating. In fact, you should be happy with the signing of White in comparison!

That’s a low bar you’ve set there.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Where do you get the info on his wages etc? 

Club accounts, loook it up. Do you think they weren’t paying a Nigerian International footballer who they banged on about for months a pittance?

Club accounts, loook it up. Do you think they weren’t paying a Nigerian International footballer who they banged on about for months a pittance?

I've never seen individual players wages itemised in the accounts. 

Maybe you could provide a link, screenshot, pdf or similar. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Again, can you prove those figures for Oshinawa or did you pluck them from your ass?

I would imagine any such contracts would be strictly confidential, so I am curious as to how you have such great insights into our finances?

I am not the one making shit up and posting it as facts without providing any sources.  I repeat the onus is on you to prove it.

The club accounts give you a break down of players wages, maybe not the names, as they do with the manager and any other individual contracted to the club. It also tells you how much agents fees etc are, it has to account for every penny when it publishes its yearly accounts. Do you think he wasn’t paid as much as the other top earners?

That’s a low bar you’ve set there.

I have no bar. I can't imagine your response when we were signing Neil Berry, Mike Galloway, Wayne Foster, and countless others we'd never heard of with no pedigree, etc, etc. I'm actually happier with this kind of signing than Juwon, where we seemed to have been conned. He doesn't seem to have wanted to play football, as evidenced by the fact he still doesn't seem to have a club. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, SUTOL said:

I've never seen individual players wages itemised in the accounts. 

Maybe you could provide a link, screenshot, pdf or similar. 

Maybe you could go and look yourself if you’re that interested. I will ask again do you think he wasn’t on our top wage (£3k a week that we offered Walker)?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I have no bar. I can't imagine your response when we were signing Neil Berry, Mike Galloway, Wayne Foster, and countless others we'd never heard of with no pedigree, etc, etc. I'm actually happier with this kind of signing than Juwon, where we seemed to have been conned. He doesn't seem to have wanted to play football, as evidenced by the fact he still doesn't seem to have a club. 

Yes but we know everything we need to know about this guy, it’s 2019. He was good as a youngster and was on the verge of a big move then injury struck, sound familiar? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

The club accounts give you a break down of players wages, maybe not the names, as they do with the manager and any other individual contracted to the club. It also tells you how much agents fees etc are, it has to account for every penny when it publishes its yearly accounts. Do you think he wasn’t paid as much as the other top earners?

You posted it as fact but now you're saying it's your assumption. For all we know he had some sort of appearance related contract which is why he was never seen again after we realised he had zero interest in adapting to Scottish football., which is what it looked like to me when he played.

Maybe you could go and look yourself if you’re that interested. I will ask again do you think he wasn’t on our top wage (£3k a week that we offered Walker)?

I have looked and individual players wages aren't listed, as far as I can see.

Maybe you can show me what I'm missing. 

Yes but we know everything we need to know about this guy, it’s 2019. He was good as a youngster and was on the verge of a big move then injury struck, sound familiar?

You have a bit of an injury obsession. I'm assuming he's been checked out. Plenty players have very serious injuries and recover. It depends on the injury.

Again, you are the one who claims his wages and specific payoff would be itemised in the accounts?  Kindly do the honours and back up your statement with evidence as I think publishing such details for individual employees would not be legal.

Pasquale for King

I have looked and individual players wages aren't listed, as far as I can see.

Maybe you can show me what I'm missing. 

That’s fair enough I’m mistaken and I apologise. Does it tell you the players wage bill. Our average was around £1800 a week with our top earners on £3k, he was one of them.

That’s fair enough I’m mistaken and I apologise. Does it tell you the players wage bill. Our average was around £1800 a week with our top earners on £3k, he was one of them.

Based on? 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How do you know our top earners were/are on 3k? How many were top earners? Who are/were they?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You have a bit of an injury obsession. I'm assuming he's been checked out. Plenty players have very serious injuries and recover. It depends on the injury.

I looked him up when we signed him as I do with most players, he’s had ankle/back/hip/groin and an unspecified leg injury. He’s missed games every season of his career, he hasn’t kicked a ball in over two years. Hardly any players come back from that. It’s not me that’s got the obsession, it’s our manager who wants to rehabilitate injury stricken players because of own unfortunate career.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where did you get the £3k and where did you find the amount we allegedly paid him off, which you claim was £500k if I understood you correctly?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Based on? 

Do you think he would’ve come here for a pittance, do you think we would’ve chased him and spent the time we did getting a work permit for him, bumming him up as the best thing since sliced bread? So even if he was on our average he cost £300k in wages?

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I looked him up when we signed him as I do with most players, he’s had ankle/back/hip/groin and an unspecified leg injury. He’s missed games every season of his career, he hasn’t kicked a ball in over two years. Hardly any players come back from that. It’s not me that’s got the obsession, it’s our manager who wants to rehabilitate injury stricken players because of own unfortunate career.

How many injured or previously injured players have we signed who haven't played and left because they were signed injured?

As I recall players like El Hass and Smith-Brown got injured after joining us. Swanson was just fat and refused to get not fat. Amankwa also seemed to have a fitness issue which didn't put off a Danish super league club from signing him. Clare and Wighton are getting up to speed. Same with Vanacek

In fact, our biggest transfer success story in terms of his contribution and the transfer fee we got was a frequently injured player with even fewer games than White.

You're making it sound like we repeatedly sign injured players and then they fail because of injuries. Who else did we sign with a rep for being injured who then stayed injured for us?

Edited by Guest

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Where did you get the £3k and where did you find the amount we allegedly paid him off, which you claim was £500k if I understood you correctly?

No you didn’t understand at all, our top earners were on £3k a week ( Walker was offered this) at that time. That’s £450k over his three year deal,add in signing on fee, agents fees etc it’s over £500k in total for his deal.

No you didn’t understand at all, our top earners were on £3k a week ( Walker was offered this) at that time. That’s £450k over his three year deal,add in signing on fee, agents fees etc it’s over £500k in total for his deal.

How do you know the details of Walker's deal and wasn't it said that he would be our highest earner which suggests others are on less.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you think he would’ve come here for a pittance, do you think we would’ve chased him and spent the time we did getting a work permit for him, bumming him up as the best thing since sliced bread? So even if he was on our average he cost £300k in wages?

I don't think he would have come here for a "pittance" but I'm also not the one making up stuff about his wages, pay-off and his agents fee. 

He was an international (world cup) player of some repute.

Is that not the type of player we as fans would like to recruit? 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you know the details of Walker's deal and wasn't it said that he would be our highest earner which suggests others are on less.

PfK, you are just digging a bigger hole for yourself.  Why are you making up figures here and getting found out for it, and then trying to get out of it by making up figures for other players too?

Bizarre behaviour.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many injured or previously injured players have we signed who haven't played and left because they were signed injured?

As I recall players like El Hass and Smith-Brown got injured after joining us. Swanson was just fat and refused to get not fat. Amankwa also seemed to have a fitness issue which didn't put off a Danish super league club from signing him. Clare and Wighton are getting up to speed. Same with Vanacek

In fact, our biggest transfer success story in terms of his contribution and the transfer fee we got was a frequently injured player with even fewer games than White.

You're making it sound like we repeatedly sign injured players and then they fail because of injuries. Who else did we sign with a rep for being injured who then stayed injured for us?

Uche? Naismith? Souttar? El Hasinou? Has our injury problems passed over you?

Sow was a tad lucky, was injured both seasons and then a bolt from the blue and he was off.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I don't think he would have come here for a "pittance" but I'm also not the one making up stuff about his wages, pay-off and his agents fee. 

Of course and he was probably on big wages don’t you think?

Of course and he was probably on big wages don’t you think?

Probably isn't the same as stating specific figures as facts?  Are you now admitting you have been making up figures for players wages, pay offs, and agent fees?

Unknown user

FFS we can't even sign a player without people whining now.

There's absolutely no reason not to welcome this guy, give him a clean slate and hope he's a huge success. Honestly, some of the patter on here is ****ing honking, I'm sick of the negative shite on here. 

I think he thinks a Nigerian international comes with some sort of premium price, but internationals for that level of team have pitched up in Scotland for all sorts of teams - Hibs, Killie, Motherwell. We've signed other players from much bigger clubs in the last few years that you'd expect would be on bigger wages - Pallardo and Rossi for example. There's no evidence at all that Juwon was costing us a fortune, other than he played in a World Cup. Craig Levein played in a World Cup while with us and we weren't paying him a fortune.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

PfK, you are just digging a bigger hole for yourself.  Why are you making up figures here and getting found out for it, and then trying to get out of it by making up figures for other players too?

Bizarre behaviour.

Fighting on three fronts here, and ignoring that classless ***** Barack.

So our average weekly players wage was £1800 which is now up to £2300 I think. Our top players were on £3k a week, widely accepted by most on here.

Oshiniwa waz likeky to be our top earner, cost us a fortune either way did he not? 

Uche? Naismith? Souttar? El Hasinou? Has our injury problems passed over you?

Sow was a tad lucky, was injured both seasons and then a bolt from the blue and he was off.

Eh? 3 of our best players. What is your point? I'm lost now.

I thought you were saying Levein was deliberately signing injured players to recuperate them.

I'm saying there's no evidence of that and in fact the most injury-prone player we signed actually turned out to be our best bit of business.

Pasquale for King
Just now, frankblack said:

Probably isn't the same as stating specific figures as facts?  Are you now admitting you have been making up figures for players wages, pay offs, and agent fees?

Did I ever say it was a fact? I said all along it’s what I believe from whatever source it came from, this place. Still cost us a fortune along with the others I stated added up to a loose figure of millions.

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Eh? 3 of our best players. What is your point? I'm lost now.

I thought you were saying Levein was deliberately signing injured players to recuperate them.

I'm saying there's no evidence of that and in fact the most injury-prone player we signed actually turned out to be our best bit of business.

You asked who we signed that was injury prone, those three are.

You asked who we signed that was injury prone, those three are.

No I asked who had a rep for being injury prone when we signed them and they then failed with us because of that. If White turns out to have half the impact of Uche, Naismith and Souttar then that'll be great!

Did I ever say it was a fact? I said all along it’s what I believe from whatever source it came from, this place. Still cost us a fortune along with the others I stated added up to a loose figure of millions.

You told us in definite terms and gave specific figures to illustrate your argument about wasted millions on wages, payoffs, agent fees, etc for players who rarely played.

What you are now saying is that the "facts" you were giving were made up from pub gossip and social media?  Hardly solid sources there, mate.

Very poor patter.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think he thinks a Nigerian international comes with some sort of premium price, but internationals for that level of team have pitched up in Scotland for all sorts of teams - Hibs, Killie, Motherwell. We've signed other players from much bigger clubs in the last few years that you'd expect would be on bigger wages - Pallardo and Rossi for example. There's no evidence at all that Juwon was costing us a fortune, other than he played in a World Cup. Craig Levein played in a World Cup while with us and we weren't paying him a fortune.

Levein would’ve been one of our top earners surely? Ambrose would’ve been a top earner at ER no doubt, made good money at Celtic too. My point was for what Oshiniwa contributed whatever we paid him was too much, along with quite a few others.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Chong said:

Been crying out for a gid number 37 for feckin years.

Hahahaha brilliant ?.

During the time these millions were  being wasted (apparently) we won the Championship and finished 3rd. We were on track for another two thirds in 16/17 before Neilson left and before our injury crisis this season, and we're still in with a chance of a great cup run this year.

So the budget has to be looked at in the context of what was achieved. Two good seasons, two gong show seasons for various reasons and then this season that could yet be quite good or a going show. Not great but not disastrous. What's clear though is our signing policy is now much more stable and targeted and we finally have the makings of a decent long-term spine in the team, something Neilson and Cathro failed to put in place.

Good luck to the guy because he clearly needs it.

Is he in contention to play right away?

Very risky signing but I'm guessing his wage will reflect that. 

Good luck to the guy because he clearly needs it.

Is he in contention to play right away?

Very risky signing but I'm guessing his wage will reflect that. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

During the time these millions were  being wasted (apparently) we won the Championship and finished 3rd. We were on track for another two thirds in 16/17 before Neilson left and before our injury crisis this season, and we're still in with a chance of a great cup run this year.

So the budget has to be looked at in the context of what was achieved. Two good seasons, two gong show seasons for various reasons and then this season that could yet be quite good or a going show. Not great but not disastrous. What's clear though is our signing policy is now much more stable and targeted and we finally have the makings of a decent long-term spine in the team, something Neilson and Cathro failed to put in place.

PfK on the past couple of pages:

giphy.gif