Aidy White signs for Hearts

kimosavi

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Captain Canada said:

I'm even more convinced now that Garuccio will be away in the summer. 

How? He’s contracted for another two seasons. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What have you got against injured uds? 

C7EB6702-2B29-47EF-8B71-3691F2650672.jpeg

Can’t stand them, they don’t check my spelling ?

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

This is kind of where I am re this signing

I would have thought the identification of potential players was the responsibility of the the scouting team not a member of JKB

I only asked for a suggestion. It's a forum for discussion. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'm even more convinced now that Garuccio will be away in the summer. 

Who’s going to play LB whilst the new guy gets treatment for his latest injury?

old school tie

Maybe because Levein's career was cut short through injury, he brings in these broken down cripples?

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I only asked for a suggestion. It's a forum for discussion. 

What’s fyssas up to

Pasquale for King
Just now, old school tie said:

Maybe because Levein's career was cut short through injury, he brings in these broken down cripples?

That’s exactly what it is, he also thinks International caps mean more than they actually do (Oshiniwa,Sammon,Watt,Hughes,Rherras,Struna,Tzolis,Kitchen,Alvonitis,Doyle etc).

32 minutes ago, Torry Jambo said:

Nothing weird about It IMO.If he did have offers from English clubs,I would Imagine they would have been possibly better than ours,In a financial way.Obviously clubs In England know about him,more than up here,so I find It strange he has ended up with us.

The same could be said about Uche, or Haring etc.

Surely clubs in Austria must have been aware of Haring before he signed for us. 

Why didn't they sign him? 

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A sensible back up signing. Let’s write him off as utter pony before he’s even kicked a ball though. That’s the spirit. 

Better than thinking he's going to be good and being let down again. Better to think he's shit and maybe get a pleasant unlikely surprise.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Better than thinking he's going to be good and being let down again. Better to think he's shit and maybe get a pleasant unlikely surprise.

It’s all right to think these things. A good luck would be suffice however, instead of welcoming the new signing with the same old dour negative drivel. 

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

That's why I said " maybe". Is their player budget higher - turnover and wage budget don't necessarily correlate.

No idea if their player budget is higher though, all things being equal, you would think it should be. 

For all the people quoting, Amankwaa, Martin and the like, Souttar was also a punt. Aidy has experience playing at a decent level for a pretty big club. It is a punt but he's far more likely to be able to cut it up here than Martin & Amankwaa who came from foreign leagues. 

At the moment he's cover and competition for Garuccio, Morrison and Mulraney (Since he can play LB & LM). Have a bit of faith. 

Finlay James
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Welcome Aidy!

Mind that time Craig Gordon was crocked for eighteen months and his career was over? That turned out okay for him.

How date you come on JKB, spouting facts that are contraray to the agenda of our Anti-Levein brigade

jamtartan74

As ever, when any player signs for us, he will get the full backing from me, so all the best and good luck. However, u have got 20 minutes on your debut to impress or you will feel the full wrath from me, booooooooo hisssss boooooo. 

16 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The same could be said about Uche, or Haring etc.

Surely clubs in Austria must have been aware of Haring before he signed for us. 

Why didn't they sign him? 

Was just away to reply with similar. Add to that players might look at we have to offer behind the scenes and decide a bit less money for their long term success is a good idea. I mean its only a thought based on all the things that players have come out with about our infrastructure for them but....

31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A sensible back up signing. Let’s write him off as utter pony before he’s even kicked a ball though. That’s the spirit. 

His history is one of continually having injuries. This is one hell of a gamble one that could cost the club a right few quid.

I look at this thread and see the same group of negative pricks putting down a player before he has kicked a ball for us.

The desperation from some people to cause disharmony and put down anything associated with the club is truly sad.  They clearly need to get a life.

the jambo poet

Good luck Aidy. You may need it coming here.

He may have had other clubs looking at him offering more money but ob a shorter deal. Maybe this is why we have offered him a 2 year deal. Perhaps security is more important than money for the lad at this point in his career.

I recall us signing Neil Macfarlane who was seriously injured at the time and was out for a season or so from Airdrie. He turned out ok. Let's get behind the lad.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

His history is one of continually having injuries. This is one hell of a gamble one that could cost the club a right few quid.

Could but might not , might be a very cheap deal that works out to our benefit and creates competitiom for places thats needed at LB. 

Glass half full or empty as always on here rarely any perspective

David McCaig
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Could double up as both left back and left winger

A left wing back then.

Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We’ll see. He’s been signed as back up. No danger we’ll be shelling out a lot in wages though, we’ve given him a good opportunity to play again. 

From his perspective he might feel fit, passed his injury and be looking to nail down that position if he gets his chance. 

Its late in the season, we desperately needed another Left back and he was one with experience who was available. I’m sure we wouldn’t have signed him if our physios and doctors felt that his injury would mean he’d be on the treatment table all the time. 

He might prove to be shite or a cripple but he also might be a very solid signing. Time will tell but i’d give the lad the benefit of the doubt and hope he can kick on. 

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.

Something I haven’t seen mentioned on here is Levein saying he’s been in dialogue with Aidy for a year.

That’s bound to make any player feel wanted. If he’s been injury free for a while now, as reported, hopefully he gets himself up to speed for the start of next season and he’s keen to repay the faith shown in him.

siegementality
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

No, work it out for yourself.

Thought so.

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Exactly what I was thinking. This place is full of complete wallpapers. Think I need a break from the shit the bedders on here

Spot on Chester, the constant negative, hand-wringing, pant-wetting, doom-mongers only come on here because, even The Samaritans have, quite rightly, put them on ignore.

Is it because in all other aspects of their lives, personal or professional, no-one ever pays any attention to anything they say, to the extent they have to spout their negative verbal diarrhoea ad-infinitum, just so that they get attention, or any sort of response that is so sadly missing in their pathetic lives?

Always remember they are only a small noisy minority on a football forum, and only through constant repetition ad-nauseum, over many threads, gives the impression of a much larger body of opinion than is actually the case.

3 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Spot on Chester, the constant negative, hand-wringing, pant-wetting, doom-mongers only come on here because, even The Samaritans have, quite rightly, put them on ignore.

Is it because in all other aspects of their lives, personal or professional, no-one ever pays any attention to anything they say, to the extent they have to spout their negative verbal diarrhoea ad-infinitum, just so that they get attention, or any sort of response that is so sadly missing in their pathetic lives?

Always remember they are only a small noisy minority on a football forum, and only through constant repetition ad-nauseum, over many threads, gives the impression of a much larger body of opinion than is actually the case.

It's Craig Leveins fault.

Captain Canada
58 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How? He’s contracted for another two seasons. 

He's not been a regular starter under Levein and mentioned in his interview that he's been spoken to about his temper and concentration.

We'll now have White, Burns, Garuccio and Brandon who can all play left back. I think Ben will be away in the summer because he'll want to play regularly and we won't guarantee that. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

He's not been a regular starter under Levein and mentioned in his interview that he's been spoken to about his temper and concentration.

We'll now have White, Burns, Garuccio and Brandon who can all play left back. I think Ben will be away in the summer because he'll want to play regularly and we won't guarantee that. 

He might but I reckon we’ll sign another Left back anyway in the summer. Garuccio was originally back up to Mitchell. Given our injury issues, perhaps it’s a good idea to have 3 players in both full back positions.,

Also, Aidy White can play as a left midfielder or winger as well so there’s no reason why we wouldn’t play both of them. 

10 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I look at this thread and see the same group of negative pricks putting down a player before he has kicked a ball for us.

The desperation from some people to cause disharmony and put down anything associated with the club is truly sad.  They clearly need to get a life.

Yip, as an infrequent poster, I couldn't agree more.  Usual faces posting the usual negative garbage.

chester copperpot
16 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

I wish you could like posts. This would be one!

Good words fella.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

But with his track record and the fact he is not with a club you would think that he would be on perhaps a one year deal with a view to extending if and when he proves his fitness and worth. I know it has been suggested he may not be on big money but it seems a bit over the top with a two year deal.

Agreed. Just trying to think of a rationale. But as you suggest a one year deal with an option to extend would make more senseven if it cost a little more upfront. I can't believe he would have been hard to deal with given his track record.

The Internet
Just now, Artful Dodger said:

Wur only gonna punt 5 thoosant season books noo. 

New stand wae naeone in it n that eh

4 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

could be good business, decent pace and an actual Left Back !!

Hasn't played for 2 years. That's pacey!

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Exactly what I was thinking. This place is full of complete wallpapers. Think I need a break from the shit the bedders on here

You may as well, seeing as you’ve turned your back on attendin games due to a few kids singing naughty songs. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

New stand wae naeone in it n that eh

Just me.

Uv renooood.

Refund ?

adambraejambo

If he gets himself fit and injury free he will he our best left back by miles. It's a gamble but worth the risk. 

Mitchell rubbish in air rubbish positioning and the heart of a mouse. 

Garrucio is ok in all aspects just does not excel at any in particular.

White can tackle, has pace and dangerous going forward from what I remember.  

Burns I only seen in the league cup games at Tynecastle . Dont know anything about him.

Brandom never a left back. Right back maybe. But that's twice he has seen red for elbowing and we know Levein does not suffer fools gladly. 

Mulraney won't feature much next season. Just be games on bigger pitches when we try and play on the break but even then it will hopefully be as a midfielder. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Good luckAidy. Let’s turn your career around and give us a Maybury.

Radical approach for this board but count me in. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Darren said:

What statement do you think Hearts are making with this signing?

And El Hassnaoui.

And Djoum.  And Sow.  And Uche  

1 hour ago, OTT said:

For all the people quoting, Amankwaa, Martin and the like, Souttar was also a punt. Aidy has experience playing at a decent level for a pretty big club. It is a punt but he's far more likely to be able to cut it up here than Martin & Amankwaa who came from foreign leagues. 

At the moment he's cover and competition for Garuccio, Morrison and Mulraney (Since he can play LB & LM). Have a bit of faith. 

Utter nonsense, Levein knew all about Souttar mainly because he played in Scotland where he could be watched easily any time rather than signing players on a points scoring system or from abroad based on some video footage and a nod and a wink from an agent.

The White Cockade
35 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Ben is head and shoulders the best left back in that list

33 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Lets give the guy a chance.

Good luck and welcome to the Jambos, Aidy. 

Best post on this thread