Aidy White signs for Hearts

kimosavi

Not expecting him to play this season, welcome Aidy! Looking forward to seeing him, Wighton, Vanecek, Mulraney, Burns etc. Tearing up the league 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

tartofmidlothian
4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Been with us some time, obviously had to sign him up before he could play, could get a start tomorrow.

Is this ITK info, AD? Surely we would have heard about him if he's been training with the first team. How long has he been here for and what shape is he in now?

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

We signed Michael Smith and he has been a real success, solid lower league English player, fringes of his international team and a guy who played regularly. That seems a good basis for recruitment. This is another blind gamble though, taking chances on a player with injury issues in a season where injuries wrecked our season. 

Our signing policy is random at best. 

definatly, and I think in England you have to put yourself about, it is a tough league. However his injuries are a worry, Smith we just picked up from Peterbrough. Hopefully we can get Aidy White fit and playing regularly, if so I think he could be a good signing

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Doesn’t sound from the article that he’s ready to start tomorrow. 

Nah, I just made it up.

It's a common thing on here these days.

gorgieheart
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We’re always looking to the feckin future. 

Didnt do Noddy Holder and chums any harm !!  :clyay:

4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Is this ITK info, AD? Surely we would have heard about him if he's been training with the first team. How long has he been here for and what shape is he in now?

Just made it up tom, didn't have the heart to run with it. Life's to short ???

August Landmesser
21 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Reckon he won’t be on much money at all. Very low risk signing. If he gets back his form, will be a class signing. The fact Levein said been in dialogue with him for last year suggests he’s been told a deal on table if proves over injury problems. 

Plus good time to get him in, couple months left of season, gets solid preseason under belt, many games etc. He should be raring to go start of season. Whereas potentially if left longer other teams would be sniffing.

Sensible post - you won't last long on here! :wink:

Pasquale for King

155 games in 11 years, injured every season of his career, hasn’t played for two years, currently injured ???‍♂️????

indianajones
12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

That's the market we're in.

good Scottish players the OF don't want, our own youth products and yard scratchings from other lower leagues.

I'm OK with that.

For every Uche there will be a Martin.

For every Uche there will be 10 Martins it seems. 

tartofmidlothian
8 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Just made it up tom, didn't have the heart to run with it. Life's to short ???

:getout:

46 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seems another risky one with known injury history and not played for some time.

He will need a couple of seasons to get fit.:lol:

27 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Oh great another one of these. Isn't there a risk he won't play and be complete waste of time or am I just being ridiculous?

But he's great to have around the dressing room...?

29 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'm starting to think the future doesn't exist :sob:

It very nearly didn’t.

He was a real talent back in his Leeds days 

Hoepfully he and Hearts finally catch a  break for once and he's a gem 

The Treasurer

Guessing he won't be a top earner so not a big financial outlay.

Reading the bit on our website the fact he's been on the club's radar for over a year but has only now signed would suggest he's getting over his injury problems.

Won't see him in the first team this season but maybe a couple of reserve games and a chance to get to know the club and be ready to do a full pre-season.

I'm not overly excited by this signing but I'm not losing the plot over it either.

15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

For every Uche there will be 10 Martins it seems. 

And quite a few on here wrote Uche off before he'd kicked a ball too

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.

Might work out, might not. Same as every signing we make.

I’ve been disappointed in players I thought were sure things and surprised by players I was initially underwhelmed with, so i’ll wait and see before passing judgement.

Welcome to Hearts Aidy. I wish you all the good luck in the world.

Edited by Rock ‘n’ Roll star.

Nookie Bear
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Guessing he won't be a top earner so not a big financial outlay.

Reading the bit on our website the fact he's been on the club's radar for over a year but has only now signed would suggest he's getting over his injury problems.

Won't see him in the first team this season but maybe a couple of reserve games and a chance to get to know the club and be ready to do a full pre-season.

I'm not overly excited by this signing but I'm not losing the plot over it either.

To be honest, i think it’s a garbage signing but I’m not losing the plot about it. When you’re signing players who haven’t kicked a ball in 2 years, you just have to laugh ? 

And we seem to have quite  few of these players who aren’t getting paid much. It all adds up. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

A Leeds/Barnsley journeyman?

We’ve snapped up the Paul Heckingbottom of left backs. 

The Hibs have been offered a nickname for him on this thread for him as well. Well done to that poster, this place is poor for getting over the top excited about signings

Like everyone else on here I haven't a clue how this is going to work out.  My only concern is it's a long contract for someone who's not played much recently.  BUT I will judge what I see on the pitch.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Left back signs deal to 2021 

27 years old ex Leeds and Barnsley 

I will check with the Leeds fan in work to see if he's any good or has 2 left feet.

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I will check with the Leeds fan in work to see if he's any good or has 2 left feet.

Surely not a bad thing for a left back?

StevenNaismith

He’s been training with Barnsley for a long time and by all accounts is over his injury problems. Nowhere near match fit and won’t be for a while. Could be a great signing if he stays injury clear, it’s a big IF tho.

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

155 games in 11 years, injured every season of his career, hasn’t played for two years, currently injured ???‍♂️????

Given that he's currently 27, you've taken his career as starting at 16 years old and he's been out for the past   2 years so your figures are misleading to say the least. It's almost as if you wanted to put the worst possible spin on it.

Edited by HoGwash

davidjambo51
56 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'm starting to think the future doesn't exist :sob:

Hope I am still around to see this magical  future  !

scott herbertson
29 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

He’s was the u15s West Sussex cross country champion in 1996

Lol

Good pedigree!

Seriously, good luck to him - can't see the point in any judgement till we see him play a few games

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Oh great another one of these. Isn't there a risk he won't play and be complete waste of time or am I just being ridiculous?

Ridiculous ? 

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Surely not a bad thing for a left back?

Could double up as both left back and left winger

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Well we've been 'looking to the future' for 4 years now and it's been used as a comfort blanket for many fans.

When does 'the future' arrive?

Depends on what you expected the 4 years to bring as we’ve had one or two things on the go in that time.

4 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

Given injury record surely his nickname is first. ?

I’ll get my coat 

:greggy:

Ibrahim Tall

White looked a great prospect at Leeds at one point, can't say I'm overly optimistic about signing a guy that's been crocked for the best part of 2.5 seasons though.

Given our 'luck' with this type of signing in the past id rather have had a less highly rated but more 'consistent' player I.e. a left sided Michael Smith.

Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

White looked a great prospect at Leeds at one point, can't say I'm overly optimistic about signing a guy that's been crocked for the best part of 2.5 seasons though.

Given our 'luck' with this type of signing in the past id rather have had a less highly rated but more 'consistent' player I.e. a left sided Michael Smith.

I hope this is what we have actually got.

23 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s been training with Barnsley for a long time and by all accounts is over his injury problems. Nowhere near match fit and won’t be for a while. Could be a great signing if he stays injury clear, it’s a big IF tho.

Dont try and be positive.

@The Future's Maroon is this the start of our planning for next season already? Or is he expected to be involved this season?