Aidy White signs for Hearts

kimosavi

Oh goody,  more of our money spunked away on yet again another risky gamble.

let me rush down and get my new season ticket now ?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

52 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Spot on Chester, the constant negative, hand-wringing, pant-wetting, doom-mongers only come on here because, even The Samaritans have, quite rightly, put them on ignore.

Is it because in all other aspects of their lives, personal or professional, no-one ever pays any attention to anything they say, to the extent they have to spout their negative verbal diarrhoea ad-infinitum, just so that they get attention, or any sort of response that is so sadly missing in their pathetic lives?

Always remember they are only a small noisy minority on a football forum, and only through constant repetition ad-nauseum, over many threads, gives the impression of a much larger body of opinion than is actually the case.

What a load of tripe. 

Not read the thread but can just imagine the content.....mostly negative.

We’re clearly taking a chance on a guy who was a promising player a couple of years ago. I suspect we’ll have a get-out clause for the summer if he breaks down again or can’t get fit over the next few months. Hopefully he makes the grade.

Read 10% of the thread and I despair for the amount of moaning faced gits and undercover Hobos not even at the game.

*****’s to a Man & or woman. 

BA2D7837-DDDD-4A8F-8DC9-228AFC59F7D7.jpeg

Raymond Reddington

Neil Macfarlane had a bad injury and had not played for a while. He turned out not a bad signing.

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Chaps said:

Great another risky signing that has barely played for 2 years.

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

Interesting one - prior to his injury he was very highly rated. Could be a real gem. Time will tell though. I hope his medical has been very  thorough though.

4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

His Career has bee ravaged by injury and we give him a 2 year deal 

Strange 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

?

Time will tell but the club clearly thinks the risk is outweighed by the potential benefits. 

He presumably had a medical. Sounds like a potential replacement for Mitchell and It all depends how much we're paying him I suppose. A gamble for sure but it might work out. 

heartsfc_fan

Welcome to the lad and good luck.

Makes sense getting another LB in for next season at we're down a player in that position due to Mitchell leaving.

This guy is a good age and has experience at a good level. Fingers crossed.

Shanks said no
  • Aidy White Slinky Long Line Midi Skirt
PreviAidy White Slinky Long Line Midi Skirt  image 1
 AIDY WHITE SLINKY LONG LINE MIDI SKIRT

£15.00

Colour: White

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

He presumably had a medical. Sounds like a potential replacement for Mitchell and It all depends how much we're paying him I suppose. A gamble for sure but it might work out. 

Only player we’ve signed in last 4 years that has paid of was osman sow. The rest have been shite. Can we not just sign players that are actually fit and not carrying or have carried long term career limiting injury. 

Sick to death of Craig Levein and his fecking weird experiments. 

44 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Why the **** would you do that when you’re a Hibs fan ?

Good luck to the lad

Edited by Jamboelite

Never heard of the guy & I hope he becomes a complete legend of a Left back. 

But...

Just ONCE it would be good to sign someone who arrives & is fit, match fit & plays like a demon the first day he pulls on a Hearts jersey. 

I’m pist aff wi projects!

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Some of our “fans” really make me puke!

These ***** can’t wait for him to fail so they can triumphantly proclaim “I told you so”.

Feckin weapons!

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. 

Anyway all the best to the lad and let's get right behind him as he trys to get a promising career back on track. 

I'd eject everybody on this thread not buoyant at a new signing. 

You types don't deserve to be Hearts supporters.

59 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Ben is head and shoulders the best left back in that list

Which is quite a sad state of affairs really.

5 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Oh great another one of these. Isn't there a risk he won't play and be complete waste of time or am I just being ridiculous?

You're just being yourself?

TyphoonJambo

There really are some negative simon hunts on this thread. If the guy gets fit he gets a game. Then and only then, can we judge the guy. 

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

But...

Just ONCE it would be good to sign someone who arrives & is fit, match fit & plays like a demon the first day he pulls on a Hearts jersey. 

No gonna happen in March, Chief!

11 minutes ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

No gonna happen in March, Chief!

Fair enough. I hope our new fat striker scores the morn after taking 2 months to get fit!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sadly Aidy has never lived up to early promise and injury prone. 

Ridiculous waste of money in my mind 

4 hours ago, siegementality said:

Enlighten us as to why a player who hasn’t play for two years and has only managed 150 appearances at club level in 11 seasons is a statement of intention. Thanks.

Doesn't need ti be a statement of intention. Just needs to be a decent player for us. Sow played hardly any games before joining us and had injury issues.

The Internet
2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Top point m8 I'm sure folk who put money aside for their season ticket will now not bother on the back of this backup signing. Good insight. 

2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Ben is head and shoulders the best left back in that list

Just a pity he doesn’t know how to defend or he would be a great left back. Hasn’t got a clue and Levein knows it. Reason he very rarely plays. 

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He is almost certainly on a really low basic with a pay per play top-up. Won’t be costing us much more than peanuts until he is playing regularly. Similar to Hughes this season. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

But...

that makes you a hibs fan then

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

another hibs fan ^

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

He had Werden Bremen and Lille lodge bids for him when he was at Leeds 

In the past, he’s been without a club for two years. 

2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Only player we’ve signed in last 4 years that has paid of was osman sow. The rest have been shite. Can we not just sign players that are actually fit and not carrying or have carried long term career limiting injury. 

Sick to death of Craig Levein and his fecking weird experiments. 

Naismith, Berra, Souter, Smith, Haring, McLaughlin,  to name 6. Can I have some of what you are drinking? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

another hibs fan ^

Who Aidy? Leeds boy I am sure.

Had really high hopes for him at Leeds. Instead of going forwards he just went back. 

It would be a hell of a comeback but seems really far fetched to believe he is going to improve us.

26 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

that makes you a hibs fan then

Step away from the burning spoon mate!

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Naismith, Berra, Souter, Smith, Haring, McLaughlin,  to name 6. Can I have some of what you are drinking? 

Can you name another 5 to make up a team from over 100 signings? I could name two teams at least who have wasted millions and in any other job would be a sacking offence.

I really hope that this works out Aidy White, I am concerned that he has not played for over 2 years, I assume that this was down to injuries, it would be great if he gets himself fit and is raring to go within a few weeks, perhaps that is over optimistic so lets say the start of next season, if it all goes horribly wrong then CL will get pelters and more calls for him to go.

Rocky jamboa

Sounds like could work out to be a good signing, playing for decent championship teams but losing his way a bit. 

My first thoughts at this was that I presume levein will remain in charge next year, with bringing his own players in.  

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can you name another 5 to make up a team from over 100 signings? I could name two teams at least who have wasted millions and in any other job would be a sacking offence.

Another 5? The whole Championship team did very well, as did the following season's team.

I'm not saying our recruitment has been perfect - far from it - but who are these two teams of wasted millions? 

Martin and Juwon are the only two I can think of who seem to have cost us a fair bit of wages with virtually no return. Others like Amankwa and co who came and went were cheap and didn't stay long. Or players who probably cost a bit more but didn't make it with us, like Sammon or Watt, were loaned out or got rid of quickly. And we also have had a number of short term loans come through the door that won't have cost us much.

Neilson's signings - largely successful, some gems in Djoum, Souttar, Johnson (looking at him now!) and Sow. One big disaster in Juwon

Cathro's signings - not a bad selection of players, including Lafferty, Smith and Berra, the problem was Cathro. One big disaster in Martin

Levein's signings - admittedly a bit of a scattergun approach to turn things around after Cathro, then a good couple of windows before this season, has excelled in signing the better players on long contracts, several gems in Uche, Naismith, Dunne, McLaughlin and Haring. Nowhere near the disasters that were Martin and Juwon, just some long shots like Amankwa that didn't turn out.

In terms of the number of players, I do think we've given up on some players too soon, but that's partly down to the changes in management. For example, Johnson might have done as well with us under Neilson as he's done in Holland, but he fell out with Cathro. Players like Rossi and Muirhead could maybe have been kept longer.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Still strange that we are taking another gamble. Are we so short of cash? 

Or saving for Naismith and Haring. This seems to be a replacement for Demi Mitchell.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Another 5? The whole Championship team did very well, as did the following season's team.

I'm not saying our recruitment has been perfect - far from it - but who are these two teams of wasted millions? 

Martin and Juwon are the only two I can think of who seem to have cost us a fair bit of wages with virtually no return. Others like Amankwa and co who came and went were cheap and didn't stay long. Or players who probably cost a bit more but didn't make it with us, like Sammon or Watt, were loaned out or got rid of quickly. And we also have had a number of short term loans come through the door that won't have cost us much.

Neilson's signings - largely successful, some gems in Djoum, Souttar and Sow. One big disaster in Juwon

Cathro's signings - not a bad selection of players, including Lafferty, Smith and Berra, the problem was Cathro. One big disaster in Martin

Levein's signings - admittedly a bit of a scattergun approach to turn things around after Cathro, then a good couple of windows before this season, has excelled in signing the better players on long contracts, several gems in Uche, Naismith, Dunne, McLaughlin and Haring. Nowhere near the disasters that were Martin and Juwon, just some long shots like Amankwa that didn't turn out.

Who asked you ??‍♂️?

Only kidding.

A lot of the guys in the Championship team were already at the club (Wilson,Paterson,Walker,King,Nicholson,Mackay,Mchattie,Robinson,Holt,McGhee).

El Hasinou, Rherras, Tzolis,Struna,Alvonitis,Sowah,Kitchen,Callachan,Gryzelak,Stockton,Smith-Brown,Edwards,Doyle,Shaughnessy, Mitchell, Hughes,Novak,Dauda,Reilly,Swanson,Noring,Choulay, alongside the guys you mentioned all contributed extremely little and if you add up their wages, signing on fees, payoffs, agents fees it all add up to Millions of pounds. We have probably just broke even with player sales but we don’t seem to learn from these mistakes. This latest signing just takes the biscuit though.

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who asked you ??‍♂️?

Only kidding.

A lot of the guys in the Championship team were already at the club (Wilson,Paterson,Walker,King,Nicholson,Mackay,Mchattie,Robinson,Holt,McGhee).

El Hasinou, Rherras, Tzolis,Struna,Alvonitis,Sowah,Kitchen,Callachan,Gryzelak,Stockton,Smith-Brown,Edwards,Doyle,Shaughnessy, Mitchell, Hughes,Novak,Dauda,Reilly,Swanson,Noring,Choulay, alongside the guys you mentioned all contributed extremely little and if you add up their wages, signing on fees, payoffs, agents fees it all add up to Millions of pounds. We have probably just broke even with player sales but we don’t seem to learn from these mistakes. This latest signing just takes the biscuit though.

What a complete pile of shite.

Every signing is a gamble - even if they come with a transfer fee there is no guarantee they will fit in.  How many payoffs were there in that list, and how much exactly did it cost the club?  I'll save you the time replying since you clearly made up a figure as you have no idea - you have even included loan signings and youth players to pad out your list to add to your desperation.

Edited by frankblack

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who asked you ??‍♂️?

Only kidding.

You haven't even seen him play!

From that list I'll give you Sowah, Gryzelak, Stockton, Swanson, Choulay, none of whom were with us very long, like most of those players in fact. You included players who got injured almost immediately (El Hasinou, Smith-Brown) and several short-term emergency loans. Others like Rherras, Kitchen, Callachan, Doyle, Mitchell, Hughes and Novak seemed capable players at this level who I can remember making contributions but who just didn't cement places in the team or weren't fancied by the new manager. Doyle may yet - I haven't written him off. Others like Tzolis and Struna had obvious quality and were used badly.

I still fail to see two teams of duds who cost us millions.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

From that list I'll give you Sowah, Gryzelak, Stockton, Swanson, Choulay, none of whom were with us very long, like most of those players in fact. You included players who got injured almost immediately (El Hasinou, Smith-Brown) and several short-term emergency loans. Others like Rherras, Kitchen, Callachan, Doyle, Mitchell, Hughes and Novak seemed capable players at this level who I can remember making contributions but who just didn't cement places in the team or weren't fancied by the new manager. Doyle may yet - I haven't written him off. Others like Tzolis and Struna had obvious quality and were used badly.

Spot on.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

What a complete pile of shite.

Every signing is a gamble - even if they come with a transfer fee there is no guarantee they will fit in.  How many payoffs were there in that list, and how much exactly did it cost the club?  I'll save you the time replying since you clearly made up a figure as you have no idea - you have even included loan signings and youth players to pad out your list to add to your desperation.

So you just get to spout crap and I can’t reply?

Do you think loan signings are free? What youth players are in the list?

I can hazard a guess at the wages of Sammon, Oshiniwa, Watt etc but as you say why bother because it know it adds up to millions but I have no idea of an exact figure, someone could go through the club accounts if you want to feel free.

Every signing has an element of risk, when you are signing someone who has only played 155 games in 11 years and none for 26 months that’s a huge gamble that I would rather our club wouldn’t take with our cash.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

So you just get to spout crap and I can’t reply?

Do you think loan signings are free? What youth players are in the list?

I can hazard a guess at the wages of Sammon, Oshiniwa, Watt etc but as you say why bother because it know it adds up to millions but I have no idea of an exact figure, someone could go through the club accounts if you want to feel free.

Every signing has an element of risk, when you are signing someone who has only played 155 games in 11 years and none for 26 months that’s a huge gamble that I would rather our club wouldn’t take with our cash.

You are the one making the accusations about wasted money so the onus is on you to prove it.  Otherwise you are just slavering.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did I mention duds? I said two teams, 22 players that I listed, that whether long/short term injured or not cost us millions and contributed little. Nobody has seen this guy play since January 2017, is that not the point?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I mention duds? I said two teams, 22 players that I listed, that whether long/short term injured or not cost us millions and contributed little. Nobody has seen this guy play since January 2017, is that not the point?

Here you go again, do you want to actually provide some facts?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are the one making the accusations about wasted money so the onus is on you to prove it.  Otherwise you are just slavering.

So we haven’t any money?

As a expert on slavering I will take your word for that.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we haven’t any money?

As a expert on slavering I will take your word for that.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

I take it that is an admission you were talking pish and can't back up your arguments?

Edited by frankblack