Aidy White signs for Hearts

kimosavi

siegementality
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

"Looking to the future"

That'll never catch on on here, in fact I'd go as far to say that this signing is a statement of intention. 

Can't see the mouth frothers seeing it though.

Enlighten us as to why a player who hasn’t play for two years and has only managed 150 appearances at club level in 11 seasons is a statement of intention. Thanks.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

Good luck to the lad.

have to agree given his injury and playing record it’s a very strange one. Filed under “ I hope to be proven wrong” drawer

Good luck to the lad, but why oh why do we would we structure a deal beyond a year? Reduces our risk and give the chance to prove himself. If he looks good , stays fit , we extend it another year or two.

35 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Given that he's currently 27, you've taken his career as starting at 16 years old and he's been out for the past   2 years so your figures are misleading to say the least. It's almost as if you wanted to put the worst possible spin on it.

No, he's taken his professional career to date. There is no spin. To remove years would be applying spin to suit.

He's played 115 games in 11 years.

Edited by Taffin

tartofmidlothian

Welcome Aidy!

Mind that time Craig Gordon was crocked for eighteen months and his career was over? That turned out okay for him.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Welcome to the famous Aidy 

What is he famous for? ?

doctor jambo

I hate ginger beards.

Cathro started it, its just SO wrong.

Is he cathro in disguise?

Clerry Jambo

Obviously wish the guy well, however a strange signing and pure gamble.

You're not telling me there aren't any full backs out there who are currently playing, fit and who would improve our squad and importantly within our budget!!

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

That's the market we're in.

good Scottish players the OF don't want, our own youth products and yard scratchings from other lower leagues.

I'm OK with that.

For every Uche there will be a Martin.

Correct that is the market we and every club outside the OF is in and all but maybe Aberdeen with fewer resources than us. So the judgement is about how we compare in recruitment and in using those we recruit with the others. So far the jury for me is out and maybe a verdict getting overdue. But let's hope White succeeds where too many have failed.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Correct that is the market we and every club outside the OF is in and all but maybe Aberdeen with fewer resources than us. So the judgement is about how we compare in recruitment and in using those we recruit with the others. So far the jury for me is out and maybe a verdict getting overdue. But let's hope White succeeds where too many have failed.

Do Aberdeen not have a higher turnover than us?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Welcome to the lad and I hope he becomes a success here. I just feel players who have such a lengthy injury record never really reach the height that they showed early in their careers. They are just one knock away from another spell out especially if said knock is in an area previously injured. I hope I am wrong in this case.

Bridge of Djoum
21 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

You're not telling me there aren't any full backs out there who are currently playing, fit and who would improve our squad and importantly within our budget!!

Such as? 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Given that he's currently 27, you've taken his career as starting at 16 years old and he's been out for the past   2 years so your figures are misleading to say the least. It's almost as if you wanted to put the worst possible spin on it.

Well maybe if you did your homework as I did you would see he made his debut at 16. Nothing I wrote is incorrect, you say he’s been injured for two years like it doesn’t mean anything. The guys a crock I’m afraid and has been injured every season he’s been a player it would seem. Are we just a home for injury prone players, because the manager was one we have to try and rehabilitate guys?

31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

They are sad sacs who take great delight in spouting pish.  

They probably want him to fail so that they can say 'I told you so'.

Hope the signing works out.

Spot on.

27 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I hate ginger beards.

Cathro started it, its just SO wrong.

Is he cathro in disguise?

Fu

Torry Jambo

If he was/Is a good player,with his history of Yorkshire clubs,why are none of the lower League Yorkshire/Lancashire clubs chasing him ? Seems strange he Is on the doorstep of a lot of clubs but yet we are the ones to sign him.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think so Aberdeen are also in the situation where they have ignored redevelopment in order to put finances elsewhere. That will have to catch up on them at somepoint

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

"Looking to the future"

That'll never catch on on here, in fact I'd go as far to say that this signing is a statement of intention. 

Looking to the future suggests Mr Levein ain’t going anywhere soon. I think we can all take comfort in that, and look forward to our future under his expert tutelage. ?

Some of our “fans” really make me puke!

These ***** can’t wait for him to fail so they can triumphantly proclaim “I told you so”.

Feckin weapons!

31 minutes ago, hmfc1874 said:

Good luck to the lad, but why oh why do we would we structure a deal beyond a year? Reduces our risk and give the chance to prove himself. If he looks good , stays fit , we extend it another year or two.

Because if he plays well in that year another team with a bigger budget will come in for him and we are stuck looking for someone else again..milinkovic is an example of this(although I know he was just on loan and not a 1 year deal)

Just now, Torry Jambo said:

If he was/Is a good player,with his history of Yorkshire clubs,why are none of the lower League Yorkshire/Lancashire clubs chasing him ? Seems strange he Is on the doorstep of a lot of clubs but yet we are the ones to sign him.

Very weird post , think about Sean Clare he was going to sign for a epl club and be loaned to us. Those circumstances changed and he signed direct for us. White will have had other offers and chosen us.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Very weird post , think about Sean Clare he was going to sign for a epl club and be loaned to us. Those circumstances changed and he signed direct for us. White will have had other offers and chosen us.

Was that not because English clubs would have to pay a higher fee for him, like Dembele signing for Celtic for £500k?

An underwhelming signing and another gamble. Hope he comes good next season. Given Levein’s mixed track record it’s understandable that folk are being negative 

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Such as? 

Well firstly I’m not the gaffer and wtf are our scouting team doing. 

You want me to do their jobs?

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Some of our “fans” really make me puke!

These ***** can’t wait for him to fail so they can triumphantly proclaim “I told you so”.

Feckin weapons!

This! ....

Fans you say? Get a fookin grip . 

Welcome to the famous Aidy FTH

Torry Jambo
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nothing weird about It IMO.If he did have offers from English clubs,I would Imagine they would have been possibly better than ours,In a financial way.Obviously clubs In England know about him,more than up here,so I find It strange he has ended up with us.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well firstly I’m not the gaffer and wtf are our scouting team doing. 

You want me to do their jobs?

Ummm....no. Just make a suggestion is all.

3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

An underwhelming signing and another gamble. Hope he comes good next season. Given Levein’s mixed track record it’s understandable that folk are being negative 

Why give a player who is a gamble a two year deal though?

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

Might work out, might not. Same as every signing we make.

I’ve been disappointed in players I thought were sure things and surprised by players I was initially underwhelmed with, so i’ll wait and see before passing judgement.

Welcome to Hearts Aidy. I wish you all the good luck in the world.

A spot on post - my sentiments exactly.  Welcome Aidy 

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That's why I said " maybe". Is their player budget higher - turnover and wage budget don't necessarily correlate.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Why give a player who is a gamble a two year deal though?

A bigger gamble on him coming good?

I have it on good authority that our scouting team are ACTIVELY looking for poor players. The rest of the time they just play Candy Crush on their phones.

We have Burns and Garrucio on long term deals.

This guy comes in likely on low wages and low risk as we should have sufficient cover.

He could turn out to be great or he could be never seen anywhere near the team. 

Either way there's no real risk in taking the chance on him.

14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Looking to the future suggests Mr Levein ain’t going anywhere soon. I think we can all take comfort in that, and look forward to our future under his expert tutelage. ?

I knew you would understand the meaning of my post.......?????

51 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Enlighten us as to why a player who hasn’t play for two years and has only managed 150 appearances at club level in 11 seasons is a statement of intention. Thanks.

No, work it out for yourself.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
57 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

0_Screen-Shot-2019-03-08-at-152549.png

Looks like Matt Dawson in that pic...

...I'm out.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I have it on good authority that our scouting team are ACTIVELY looking for poor players. The rest of the time they just play Candy Crush on their phones.

Whilst combing through www.Injureduds.com and crapleftbacks.org?

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bigger gamble on him coming good?

But with his track record and the fact he is not with a club you would think that he would be on perhaps a one year deal with a view to extending if and when he proves his fitness and worth. I know it has been suggested he may not be on big money but it seems a bit over the top with a two year deal.

44 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

This is kind of where I am re this signing

22 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Such as? 

I would have thought the identification of potential players was the responsibility of the the scouting team not a member of JKB

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whilst combing through www.Injureduds.com and crapleftbacks.org?

What have you got against injured uds? 

C7EB6702-2B29-47EF-8B71-3691F2650672.jpeg

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

"Looking to the future"

An intention to sign injured players who never play?  That’ll shift the ST sales.  

Obviously a gamble but I’d imagine  he’ll be on low wages, given he is without a club. Two year deal is a bit strange for someone so injury prone though.

Cruyff Turn

A sensible back up signing. Let’s write him off as utter pony before he’s even kicked a ball though. That’s the spirit.