• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Firstly let me say I do not know what money was available but White was signed outwith the transfer window for a position we have been trying to fill for some seasons. Alternatives able to hit the ground running would be few and far between or they would already have been snapped up by 31 Jan.

Is he a gamble?  Every player is a gamble but his history suggests he would be more so although I'd be most surprised if the club haven't covered themselves somehow within his contract lest things should go awry.  That said, he must have passed a medical, probably more stringent than normal, leaving him to get himself match fit asap.  At this point, it is probably worth mentioning that in the last couple of seasons we have lost 3 LBs to long term injuries and they had no known history. (Smith-Brown, Mitchell and Brandon). 

CL has been chasing AW for some time so clearly rates him and feels he is worth taking the chance on.  Time will tell if he is right,

I know that the arrival of every player has an element of doubt built in, some take to the surroundings and for others it just doesn't work out. When I said ready to go I realised it wouldn't be until the start of next season at the earliest due to his actual date of arrival. It is difficult to respond in terms of players who have arrived and subsequently become injured. Does it justify taking a risk on a player you know will be arriving unfit in the hope that will change, I don't know, I'm not paid for doing the scouting.

51 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I know that the arrival of every player has an element of doubt built in, some take to the surroundings and for others it just doesn't work out. When I said ready to go I realised it wouldn't be until the start of next season at the earliest due to his actual date of arrival. It is difficult to respond in terms of players who have arrived and subsequently become injured. Does it justify taking a risk on a player you know will be arriving unfit in the hope that will change, I don't know, I'm not paid for doing the scouting.

I am presuming he has passed a medical and so will be deemed to be fit in the physical sense.

Match fitness will take much longer but as I said I'd be astounded if the club didn't somehow cover themselves in the contract.

Inch Hearts
15 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Does this sort of thing happen often?

No, the player usually leaves on a free never to be heard of again after a loan spell at Morton or somewhere.

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

No, the player usually leaves on a free never to be heard of again after a loan spell at Morton or somewhere.

You're confusing me now.

I thought you said they'd leave for Celtic on a free as though it was a frequent occurrence.  

Leaving on a free after a loan spell is something that happens at many clubs.  What's your problem?

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 01:16, johnthomas said:

Just admit your suggestion was (being kind here) ill-researched . Or , even better , keep us all informed about how we should sign players which are unavailable

And as I said at the time,  I didn't know how long Taylor's contract was until I was informed. I then said that (because of the length of his contract) that it didn't matter anymore as we wouldn't get him even if we wanted. So nothing to admit. I answered a poster who was questioning if there was any decent left-backs within out own leagues. I suggested Greg Taylor was a very decent left-back and the most consistent I've seen within our wage bracket. Don't get why every post on this site has to turn into a point-scoring exercise. It's a waste of time and effort.

17 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Is this chap going to play this season? Or is he so unfit that he can't? Just wondering. 

16 hours ago, tynietigers said:

Have been told he hopes to maybe give him a run out in the last two or three games. Whether that comes about from us not being able to get 4th I have no idea.

Did we sign him as a free agent/unregistered?

If so can we register him outwith transfer windows? 

If we can register him as he was a free agent, then, if he is fit enough we should see him in some capacity, even if just reserves. 

If we weren't able to register him then we won't see him till next season. 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Did we sign him as a free agent/unregistered?

If so can we register him outwith transfer windows? 

If we can register him as he was a free agent, then, if he is fit enough we should see him in some capacity, even if just reserves. 

If we weren't able to register him then we won't see him till next season. 

I'm pretty sure I read he's been unattached and is free to register with us. 

Sounds like a good quality signing if injuries don't dominate.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't think he will play this season. Mitchell going back they have used the budget to get him ready for next season. He might get the final game of the season when we rest the cup final team  :whistling:

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

And as I said at the time,  I didn't know how long Taylor's contract was until I was informed. I then said that (because of the length of his contract) that it didn't matter anymore as we wouldn't get him even if we wanted. So nothing to admit. I answered a poster who was questioning if there was any decent left-backs within out own leagues. I suggested Greg Taylor was a very decent left-back and the most consistent I've seen within our wage bracket. Don't get why every post on this site has to turn into a point-scoring exercise. It's a waste of time and effort.

You responded to a poster who asked if there were any LB s fit and AVAILABLE within our budget and if you didn't know the length of his contract then your post was unresearched.  You simply wanted to criticise the club just for the sake of it and were found out.  Admit it.

Edited by JamboAl

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm pretty sure I read he's been unattached and is free to register with us. 

Sounds like a good quality signing if injuries don't dominate.

Yes, I'm sure he was unattached/free agent. I'm less sure if he can be registered at any time or just at certain times of the season. 

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Yes, I'm sure he was unattached/free agent. I'm less sure if he can be registered at any time or just at certain times of the season. 

I'm pretty sure we can register him when whenever, except maybe in the last few weeks of the season IIRC

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You responded to a poster who asked if there were any LB s fit and AVAILABLE within our budget and if you didn't know the length of his contract then your post was unresearched.  You simply wanted to criticise the club just for the sake of it and were found out.  Admit it.

Found out what, recognising a decent left-back? Someone who we could potentially afford wage-wise? (within our budget) lol ok, you just don't get the point I was making, you win. I'm sure you'll grow up one day. We've struggled for left-backs for quite some time as you would know if you watch the team. He's one of the most consistent I've seen this season. Don't know why you seem to have a problem with someone naming a decent player, but hey-ho, enjoy you're one-upmanship. I bow to your superior knowledge.

Oh, and for the record, nowhere did I say I had researched the player as you have whinged on about, i have already explained i didn't know the length of his contract, how many times do i need to say that? He is under contract with Killie for a while yet and to forget it. Has it sunk in yet?

7 hours ago, jambonian said:

Found out what, recognising a decent left-back? Someone who we could potentially afford wage-wise? (within our budget) lol ok, you just don't get the point I was making, you win. I'm sure you'll grow up one day. We've struggled for left-backs for quite some time as you would know if you watch the team. He's one of the most consistent I've seen this season. Don't know why you seem to have a problem with someone naming a decent player, but hey-ho, enjoy you're one-upmanship. I bow to your superior knowledge.

Oh, and for the record, nowhere did I say I had researched the player as you have whinged on about, i have already explained i didn't know the length of his contract, how many times do i need to say that? He is under contract with Killie for a while yet and to forget it. Has it sunk in yet?

I did get the unresearched point you were making.  You were talking a load of sh@te.

Give it up and stop flailing about trying to make yourself right.  You were totally wrong.

Dalstonjambo
8 hours ago, jambonian said:

But he wasn't available. So your point was nonsense? 

Unsure what you are trying to claim here.

20 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Think it's the third attempt to prove he's not wrong . When clearly , as you say , his point was nonsense . 

Surely easier just to say you got it wrong ?

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:13, Dalstonjambo said:

jeezo! Ok, for the fourth and final time....I didn't know AT THE TIME I ORIGINALLY MENTIONED HIS NAME, he (Greg Taylor) was unavailable until someone else posted to say he was under contract with Killie for a while yet which meant, now that I DO know, he isn't available anyway. In otherwards , he's still contracted to Killie, he's unavailable so we can't pursue it even if we/Hearts/Levein wanted the player. What's the problem? Finding it difficult to understand, after previous explanations that some still can't get to grips with that. The thing that WAS correct in JamboAl's replies was that it was unresearched, where I already said I hadn't researched it. It was the name of a player at another club who has looked to be one of the most consistent players in a position we've struggled with for a few years that would've/could've been a good signing for our club. I wouldn't have known his contract situation at first, he may well have been out of contract at the end of the season for all I knew until someone else posted to say otherwise so it isn't important now. Re-post (again!) if you really have to, I've explained why I named the player, nothing else to be said.

28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

jeezo! Ok, for the fourth and final time....I didn't know AT THE TIME I ORIGINALLY MENTIONED HIS NAME, he (Greg Taylor) was unavailable until someone else posted to say he was under contract with Killie for a while yet which meant, now that I DO know, he isn't available anyway. In otherwards , he's still contracted to Killie, he's unavailable so we can't pursue it even if we/Hearts/Levein wanted the player. What's the problem? Finding it difficult to understand, after previous explanations that some still can't get to grips with that. The thing that WAS correct in JamboAl's replies was that it was unresearched, where I already said I hadn't researched it. It was the name of a player at another club who has looked to be one of the most consistent players in a position we've struggled with for a few years that would've/could've been a good signing for our club. I wouldn't have known his contract situation at first, he may well have been out of contract at the end of the season for all I knew until someone else posted to say otherwise so it isn't important now. Re-post (again!) if you really have to, I've explained why I named the player, nothing else to be said.

So your post was unresearched, wrong and irrelevant but you thought you'd have a pop at the club anyway.  Is that what you're saying?

• 2 months later...

Any indication as to where he is fitness wise? Has Aidy been taking part in pre-season training?

Would be good to find out he’s coming along nicely for the new season ahead. 

1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

Any indication as to where he is fitness wise? Has Aidy been taking part in pre-season training?

There is a picture of him on one of the the other threads at training today!!

3 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Pictured running today with the squad.