• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That cavity search made you a wee bit intolerant, JZ :( 

Getting bummed by Border Force can happen to anyone, thank you very much :sad:

3 hours ago, RobboM said:

This is Cruz's attempt to match Trump's framing of issues. He is not saying the Paris Climate agreement is written by the French but that the polluting jobs of Pittsburgh are far more important than any efforts in the rest of the world to address global climate issues. It's just more America First propoganda

Indeed. Written in a non-surprisingly clumsy way. He's angling for the position of Trump's heir.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd like to think so - the thought of there being 70+ million rabid racists who align tightly with Trump is a tad concerning.

Indeed. But it would also be concerning if the number was, say, 20 million.

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

In my life experience and occasional political discussions over a few ales it seems there are quite a number of voters who believe in a certain party principles rather than necessarily for the potential leader running for election. I suspect this was the case with Trump, I'll hold my nose and vote Trump.

I actually think just over 4 years ago it was more a case of not wanting Hilary Clinton, than actually wanting Trump. Alot of the American electorate, disliked her more than the Donald.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I actually think just over 4 years ago it was more a case of not wanting Hilary Clinton, than actually wanting Trump. Alot of the American electorate, disliked her more than the Donald.

Yet she got 3 million more votes than him.

Strange system. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

True :( 

But more concerning that they're on your border rather than mine 😛 

Can't argue with that.  

I'm reading that some QAnon believers have only just now realised that they have been duped following Biden's inauguration, because yesterday was the day Donald Trump was supposed to unleash his wrath on the 'deep state' when leading Democrats along with other leading figures of the elite 'satanic paedophiles' would be exposed, arrested and executed..........I kid you not, this is what these numpties actually believed was going to happen yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-55746304

But fear not, because in true conspiracy nutcase tradition, the truth about the evil deeds of the deep state will be exposed................in the next 4 years.  Isn't that always the case with these cranks, they never produce evidence now today, it's always tomorrow, next week or in the case of Trump's tax returns never.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm reading that some QAnon believers have only just now realised that they have been duped following Biden's inauguration, because yesterday was the day Donald Trump was supposed to unleash his wrath on the 'deep state' when leading Democrats along with other leading figures of the elite 'satanic paedophiles' would be exposed, arrested and executed..........I kid you not, this is what these numpties actually believed was going to happen yesterday.

But fear not, because in true conspiracy nutcase tradition, the truth about the evil deeds of the deep state will be exposed................in the next 4 years.  Isn't that always the case with these cranks, they never produce evidence now today, it's always tomorrow, next week or in the case of Trump's tax returns never.

Mental cases.

35 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Thought Hearts 5 year plans were bad.

57 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Mental cases.

You can almost imagine some of them sitting on the edge of their seat watching the inauguration, thinking any minute now Donald is going to burst through those doors and point out all of those deep state child trafficking paedophiles.............just you wait, any minute now.............any minute now............ffs Donald your cutting it a bit fine................ffs Donald hurry up................oh noooooo.......................wtf happened there, where the feck is Donald. 

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

57 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Many of Trump's supporters are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Steve Bannon (now pardoned by Trump), was one of three Trump loyalists who ran a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for the border wall.  They raised about $20 million, none of which went to wall construction.  Bannon and the other two were accused of funnelling large sums of money from the fund to personal use.

Also, Trump loyalists have donated about $200 million- $300 million supposedly to help Trump finance court challenges to the 2020 election.  The court cases were all quickly dismissed, but Trump is keeping the money.

To quote from the original "The Magnificent Seven", if the Lord did not want them to be sheared, he would not have made them sheep.

Seymour M Hersh

I see old Joe broke his own executive order within hours of signing it into law at the Lincoln Memorial. Probably just forgot as, after all, it had been a long day. Oops. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The court cases were all quickly dismissed, but Trump is keeping the money.

To quote from the original "The Magnificent Seven", if the Lord did not want them to be sheared, he would not have made them sheep.

It can be no coincidence that followers of QAnon and many other proponents of conspiracy theories and your average MAGA man/woman are also followers of Donald Trump...............'the lord loves a cheerful giver'...............especially when they are easily duped, as it makes the fleecing all the easiler.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

They can give Trump all the money they want, he is so deep in debt that they couldn't collect enough. There will be some heavy hitters going after him financially, unkept promises, and other sins he has committed against those who have their own systems of crime and punishment  which only take a nod by the Boss and are carried out sans Trial. Before this is all over he will be begging for jail time in the hope he will be guarded and kept safe, Sorry Dondo thats just not the way jails work.

The Real Maroonblood
58 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You can almost imagine some of them sitting on the edge of their seat watching the inauguration, thinking any minute now Donald is going to burst through those doors and point out all of those deep state child trafficking paedophiles.............just you wait, any minute now.............any minute now............ffs Donald your cutting it a bit fine................ffs Donald hurry up................oh noooooo.......................wtf happened there, where the feck is Donald. 

It'll make some movie.

haveyouheard1874
7 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Unfortunately ‘back to normal’ also means more generally the total cheese fest of the inauguration, an outbreak of ‘praying’ and pious references to God, and a return to America’s self-view as a pillar of democracy. They didn’t half get over January 6 quickly!

Fair point

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Unfortunately ‘back to normal’ also means more generally the total cheese fest of the inauguration, an outbreak of ‘praying’ and pious references to God, and a return to America’s self-view as a pillar of democracy. They didn’t half get over January 6 quickly!

If I had a dollar for every time yesterday that God was referenced, directly or indirectly, I could take out my wife for a nice dinner.  Unlike any other nationality I'm familiar with, Americans seem to have a compelling need to vocally flaunt their faith.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Steve Bannon (now pardoned by Trump), was one of three Trump loyalists who ran a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for the border wall.  They raised about $20 million, none of which went to wall construction.  Bannon and the other two were accused of funnelling large sums of money from the fund to personal use.

Also, Trump loyalists have donated about $200 million- $300 million supposedly to help Trump finance court challenges to the 2020 election.  The court cases were all quickly dismissed, but Trump is keeping the money.

Good post.   Trump's parting speech about "being back in some form" suggests that he's intending the Trump dynasty to be a perpetual prowler wherever & whenever there's an opportunity to fleece millions of folk on the back of rousing speeches about nothing except meaningless soundbites.   

The Proud Boys now decrying their hero just adds to the parallels with Brexit -  if you voted for him/it because you believed the nonsense  he/they told you, you can hardly complain when the  utopia he/they promised fails to materialise.

7 minutes ago, Smack said:

aPRN97G_460s.thumb.jpg.bb2361969743752dbcad4e780c4e8ca4.jpg

:facepalm: whoever made this meme.

Rubella was first described by German doctors in the 19th century. Spanish flu resulted because Spain was neutral in WWI, and so honestly reported their numbers, which gave an impression it had seen more infections than other countries. Ironically, it probably began in Kansas.

So yeah, juuuuust slightly different name origins than jingoistic arsehole politicians trying to deflect blame away from their own mishandling of the virus.

8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

:facepalm: whoever made this meme.

Rubella was first described by German doctors in the 19th century. Spanish flu resulted because Spain was neutral in WWI, and so honestly reported their numbers, which gave an impression it had seen more infections than other countries. Ironically, it probably began in Kansas.

So yeah, juuuuust slightly different name origins than jingoistic arsehole politicians trying to deflect blame away from their own mishandling of the virus.

True, yet the names persist...

8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

"Trump would've wiped the floor with Bernie"

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and meme, text that says "BERNIE SITTING IN A CHAIR THE ALL THE INAUGERATION INTERNET DAY PAGEANTRY INCLUDING J-LO AND LADY GAGA mngflip.com"

Some cracking memes, too. My favourite:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

For whatever reason, many of the images you post Justin are unreadable on my browser. And yes, it's just yours. Anyway, hoping your favourite Bernie meme isn't the same as mine. Two national icons:

bernie-sanders-mittens-sad-keanu-meme.jp

59 minutes ago, redjambo said:

For whatever reason, many of the images you post Justin are unreadable on my browser. And yes, it's just yours.

That's super weird. I either upload the files directly or copy the links and the system automatically converts them to images within the post.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

bernie-sanders-mittens-sad-keanu-meme.jp

:lol: This is even more perfect picturing Keanu on the Canadian side of the bench and Bernie on the Vermont side!

Mine was Bernie sitting in the waiting room in Beetlejuice.

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So, what's your take on the Kung Flu alternative? :) Wife slapped me when I tried that one.

Seems like you were treading real thin ice with that one, you know? :wink:

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Every Chinese media outlet she reads calls it an American-made virus, by the way.

Equally as ridiculous and wrongheaded imo.

Trump impeachment trial to begin next week. I was wondering if this time they can insist he testify. He didn't last time because apparently they couldn't force a sitting president to do so.

But more interesting than that. Lat time Trump had initially wanted to testify. The lawyers ran through a practice question session with him and said he must not testify. Apparently Trump says you think i'm a bad witness? You know he's the best in the world ever at everything.

But they said you're a terrible witness. You do this you will talk yourself out of office and into jail.  When they were putting questions to him he just did the usual thing. Replied with blatant and easily deconstructed lies. Exactly the same thing that landed a bunch of those who did testify in prison.

48 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Trump impeachment trial to begin next week. I was wondering if this time they can insist he testify. He didn't last time because apparently they couldn't force a sitting president to do so.

But more interesting than that. Lat time Trump had initially wanted to testify. The lawyers ran through a practice question session with him and said he must not testify. Apparently Trump says you think i'm a bad witness? You know he's the best in the world ever at everything.

But they said you're a terrible witness. You do this you will talk yourself out of office and into jail.  When they were putting questions to him he just did the usual thing. Replied with blatant and easily deconstructed lies. Exactly the same thing that landed a bunch of those who did testify in prison.

I sincerely hope that they make Trump testify. He won't / can't say anything that will mitigate his actions, and he will be in real danger of lying to the Senate while under oath, and that is a federal crime.  He would then need to ask Biden for a pardon.  :rofl:

Big call for the Republicans.

Do they think that letting The Donald run will either destroy their party over the next 4 years or will it give them a better chance of winning the next election?

So they dare think about the mid-terms?
Do they embrace Trumpism and the utter lunacy that comes with it?

Or do they prosecute and prevent him from ever holding office again and try to rebuild their party along non-conspiracy theorist nutjob lines?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)