• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Whenever the media interview trump supporters they pick out the most red-neckish one they can find, not a trump fan but all 70 million can’t be gun totting trailer trash surely?

Probably only about 65 million of them are nut jobs.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

There will be plenty people who voted Trump for taxation and other policy reasons.

And for that reason they are at best gullible fools, seeing as Trump's own tax plan has increases scheduled for this year, '23, '25, and '27. Not for corporations and billionaires, mind.

They need to pull their heads out of their asses and realise the Democrats became what Republicans once were way back in the Clinton days, and stop voting for racist, regressive garbage "cuz muh taxes"

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Probably only about 65 million of them are nut jobs.

:spoton:

33 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit embarrassing for one military chap at Arlington Cemetery, waiting on Biden. Standing there hatless. Quick scan...lying at the bottom of the steps about 20 feet away. :lol:

I saw that I didn't see the hat nearby but I wondered if he my have been part of the Ceremony that he was hatless as a part of what he was going to do. There were enough officers around that if it was an accident situation it would have been proper in the British army to replace the headgear. There was in fact a drill movement that removed you from the position of Attention by moving the instep of your right foot into the heel of the left foot. This was done formally and allowed the use of the hands to return the head gear, as these are the Old Guard troops and their duties are mainly Ceremonial I am sure they would have a way of correcting a blown off hat. I have been to Arlington and watched their Guard at the Tomb, nothing like I was taught but very smart in its own way.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Not so sure about that she was out her tree 🤣

She's some singer but that song is awful. She made it sound like it is something from a West End show.

Weakened Offender
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No, they're not. 

I remember thinking that all Bush Jr supporters must be nutjobs before I lived for a short time in the States. Met many coherent and sensible Bush supporters. I think the difference now is that, partly due to social media - and Trump's consistently divisive rhetoric - there is more (vitriolic) polarisation.

There will be plenty people who voted Trump for taxation and other policy reasons.

https://www.facebook.com/198378447377561/posts/847045335844199/

27 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Biden priorities  in first term. 

1. Get America out of Vietnam. 
B. Defeat the Confederacy. 
2. Beat USSR to the Moon.

🤣

55 minutes ago, Tazio said:

She has some serious health issues that cause her serious pain. Could be she’s suffering just now but medicated heavily to get through the inauguration. 

Indeed , that was my thought it didnt look like a meth face it looked like a monty burn pain med face. Hence why i thought maybe xans

14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

She's some singer but that song is awful. She made it sound like it is something from a West End show.

Yh i quite liked it

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Of course, rhetoric of that nature kind of proves my point in my earlier post. Ach well, it's 2021.

What, calling them foolish for voting against their own interests because they swallow the most inane of propaganda, hook line and sinker? No longer coddling their thinly veiled racist politics couched in schoolboy understanding of economics?

Pandering to people like that was ach well a big component how we got 2017-now in the first place, not that the Democratic establishment doesn't deserve equal (or more) scorn. Regardless, I don't give a **** if they don't like it, they're not going to gaslight me or anyone into taking blame for their terrible choices.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Biden is President; Trump is impeached
Pasquale for King

The new press secretary Jen Psaki is far superior too, knows the reporters names and answer all the questions in a knowledgable manner. 
They’ve even had to deep clean the WH because it had been allowed to lapse in a pandemic. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The new press secretary Jen Psaki is far superior too, knows the reporters names and answer all the questions in a knowledgable manner. 
They’ve even had to deep clean the WH because it had been allowed to lapse in a pandemic. 

Very impressive.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thanks for the link.

I would imagine they might reign this particular power in a bit. Interesting list though. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would imagine they might reign this particular power in a bit. Interesting list though. 

I agree.

8 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Whenever the media interview trump supporters they pick out the most red-neckish one they can find, not a trump fan but all 70 million can’t be gun totting trailer trash surely?

They are now. Others will be gun wielding trailer trash Republicans or Tories. 

9 hours ago, jonesy said:

No, they're not. 

I remember thinking that all Bush Jr supporters must be nutjobs before I lived for a short time in the States. Met many coherent and sensible Bush supporters. I think the difference now is that, partly due to social media - and Trump's consistently divisive rhetoric - there is more (vitriolic) polarisation.

There will be plenty people who voted Trump for taxation and *other policy reasons.

Like what? Coal(Feck the climate) Border control(Unless you're white) 

Jonesy, the people you knew probably hid their true self. Once that door shuts, it's YEEHA! time. :gun_bandana:

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Like what? Coal(Feck the climate) Border control(Unless you're white) 

Jonesy, the people you knew probably hid their true self. Once that door shuts, it's YEEHA! time. :gun_bandana:

The Republican party basically spout nonsense using social media that Democrats are extreme left-wing communist nutjobs who want all their money and to take away their guns.

Sadly a lot of them believe that they shouldn't pay taxes yet have to put up without an NHS and all sorts of issues with medical insurance.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Wait until Ted Cruz finds out that Louis XVI didn't write the Treaty of Versailles

:rofl:

Pretty sure his reaction to that news would be “Who?” and “What?”

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

:rofl: He actually thinks it was written by Parisians or something

I don't know a lot about Cruz. Is he really that thick? Is he the kind of moron who would believe this, or is he saying it to stir up the morons who would believe this?

Just now, A Boy Named Crow said:

I don't know a lot about Cruz. Is he really that thick? Is he the kind of moron who would believe this, or is he saying it to stir up the morons who would believe this?

I don't think he's actually that thick, he's just an absolute snake. Cruz on Trump in 2016: "We need a commander in chief, not a Twitterer-in-chief. ... I don't know anyone who would be comfortable with someone who behaves this way having his finger on the button. I mean, we're liable to wake up one morning, and Donald, if he were president, would have nuked Denmark."

And we all know how that went, as the likes of him and Lindsey Graham joined the ranks of the *****'s biggest defenders. But if Cruz is now going to act this thick, I saw we mock him for being that ****ing thick.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

:rofl: He actually thinks it was written by Parisians or something

This is Cruz's attempt to match Trump's framing of issues. He is not saying the Paris Climate agreement is written by the French but that the polluting jobs of Pittsburgh are far more important than any efforts in the rest of the world to address global climate issues. It's just more America First propoganda

I P Knightley
53 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Pretty sure his reaction to that news would be “Who?” and “What?”

He wouldn't be able to pronouce "XVI"

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

He wouldn't be able to pronouce "XVI"

:lol: “XVI? You mean like president Chinavirus?”

I P Knightley
21 minutes ago, RobboM said:

This is Cruz's attempt to match Trump's framing of issues. He is not saying the Paris Climate agreement is written by the French but that the polluting jobs of Pittsburgh are far more important than any efforts in the rest of the world to address global climate issues. It's just more America First propoganda

It seems that way. Just as Trump created the "China virus" to give his raving loon followers a foreign nation to chant against, Cruz is creating the "French <something>" so that those same loons can have a go at the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:lol: “XVI? You mean like president Chinavirus?”

President SheeVee?

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Have a go at the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :(

A return to normality and sanity. I had forgotten what that was like in terms of Trump White House press secretaries. I expect the journalists too had forgotten what sanity was like.

Hell this woman didn't make a single crazy statement. How weird is that when reflecting on the past 4 years.

Jen Psaki holds first White House briefing for Biden administration

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

This is Cruz sprinting out of the blocks for the 2024 presidential nomination. Whether he's actually eligible is another matter (he was born in Canada).....

34 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As you drive around in your H20-powered car ferrying BAME immigrants - for free - around to their inclusivity and diversity workshops, you have the moral high-ground, fair enough.

I think you (are happy to) see the world in an over-simplified way, ri. Whatever works for you, man, but I don't agree.

If you so readily construct such outlandish strawmen as that, then it's no wonder you think it's others seeing the world in an over-simplified way.

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Did they make you hand over your sense of humour at the border? :)

Just my dignity :sad:

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It is highly unlikely that every Trump-voting Republican is a die-hard racist and climate change denier. People tend to vote for what will make their own circumstances better in the short term. Some will have voted for the Orange Crook in order to do this. Painting all Republicans as gun-toting racist maniacs is wrong, and does little for the discourse other than show up those who say it.

And when they're willing to vote for a racist, climate change denying, pussy grabbing piece of shit, because they think they'll "get theirs", **** them. Honestly. Whether painting them all as all those things or not, if they're actively politically supporting those things, it's the same practical difference in the end.

1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

This is Cruz sprinting out of the blocks for the 2024 presidential nomination. Whether he's actually eligible is another matter (he was born in Canada).....

Well that's him ruled out instantly then.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Well that's him ruled out instantly then.

Actually not. This exact point has never been litigated, but the constitutional requirement that the president be a "natural born citizen" can well be interpreted to mean the person didn't have to go through an immigration/naturalisation process to gain US citizenship. According to the laws as they were when Cruz was born, a child born to a citizen mother gets her citizenship at birth. We can even go back to English common law for indicators and everything points to him being eligible, just as even Barack Obama would have been because of his mother's citizenship if he'd actually been born in Kenya.

40 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Did they make you hand over your sense of humour at the border? :)

It is highly unlikely that every Trump-voting Republican is a die-hard racist and climate change denier. People tend to vote for what will make their own circumstances better in the short term. Some will have voted for the Orange Crook in order to do this. Painting all Republicans as gun-toting racist maniacs is wrong, and does little for the discourse other than show up those who say it.

In my life experience and occasional political discussions over a few ales it seems there are quite a number of voters who believe in a certain party principles rather than necessarily for the potential leader running for election. I suspect this was the case with Trump, I'll hold my nose and vote Trump.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)