Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Trump briefly has Kamala Harris as his Vice President.

Good one. Not much time to make change in the time they had.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It is, James. Class. 

Yes he is class. Had some difficult times/ traumas  in his life and has pulled through . He has covered so many areas in his speech in particular about " lies and fake news"  ,etc

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes he is class. Had some difficult times/ traumas  in his life and has pulled through . He has covered so many areas in his speech in particular about " lies and fake news"  ,etc

I hope he does well. 

His speech :clap:

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lady Gaga fair belted out that song.  She looked stunning. What a talented woman she is and a great role model. 

👍

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Need the volume up to max

Yeah I had it up around 80 trying to video it, cheers 😆👍🏽

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lady Gaga fair belted out that song.  She looked stunning. What a talented woman she is and a great role model. 

Indeed she did, that red but of the dress looked slightly problematic but she managed. Good to see JLO too. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed she did, that red but of the dress looked slightly problematic but she managed. Good to see JLO too. 

Yeah two classy woman. 

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Auld Bill away to sleep. :D

Congratulations Joe on becoming President. 

I think Bill was having blood flow problems after Gaga & J Lo were on. 

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

His speech is brilliant. Really inspiring . Hope he does well. 

indeed you would never know that he suffers from a  stammer apparently  - tragic life he has led too losing close family members

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

indeed you would never know that he suffers from a  stammer apparently  - tragic life he has led too losing close family members

I know . Actually got quite emotional watching his speech and thinking of his dead wife and children. Hes achieved what he has wanted to do.  Great. 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Poetry is brilliant when it's delivered by greatness. Take a bow Amanda Gorman. 

Absolutely.  She was brilliant.  Very talented young lady.   A future senator perhaps ?

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

To lose his first wife and family the way he did was saddening and for him a major shock, he gets a new wife, and starts again and again a son dies, the one thing you can say about the man including the Presidency he never takes a ten count and out, he gets knocked down and beats the bell, for that he deserves credit. He did as he does often stumble on a word as he did today I think the letter R may still give him some problems.  I have stated I don't think he was the best candidate for  President, but I have got to like him more as a person, and hope he does well, he has set himself a lot of goals and is going to have a difficult time.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

“We’ll lead not merely by the example of our power, but by the power of our example”

:spoton:

Best line in the speech.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Poetry is brilliant when it's delivered by greatness. Take a bow Amanda Gorman. 

She was excellent.

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think Bill was having blood flow problems after Gaga & J Lo were on. 

Prob having a wee dream about cigars....

Thought the BBC cover and colour commentary was up to their usual dreadful standards but Bidens speech was well written and seeing Lady Gaga out her face and still nailing her song was superb. That aside the message particularly as mentioned above about leading by the power of their example and Amanda Gorman (sp?) were very positive and almost inspirational

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

To lose his first wife and family the way he did was saddening and for him a major shock, he gets a new wife, and starts again and again a son dies, the one thing you can say about the man including the Presidency he never takes a ten count and out, he gets knocked down and beats the bell, for that he deserves credit. He did as he does often stumble on a word as he did today I think the letter R may still give him some problems.  I have stated I don't think he was the best candidate for  President, but I have got to like him more as a person, and hope he does well, he has set himself a lot of goals and is going to have a difficult time.

Good post, Bob.  As a human being having gone through such tragedy, his resilience to continue his focus on improving life for Americans is very admirable  - simply a good man.   It's good to see that his instinct is to immediately reach out to McConnell and some other Reps to dampen down any lingering Trumpian  obstruction from his political opponents when Congress considers his policies.

Nice words from Biden but I'll wait to see the examples he wants the US to set before I get too excited.

Honestly speaking, it'll be better than The Donald's tenure but I'll bet money that at the end of his reign, it'll still be a mess of a country with a **** ton of racist cops, a whole shit load of racial inequality, no decent health care and a whole bunch of nutters with free access to high powered rifles. 

In short, it'll still be an embarrassment of a nation. 

Edited by Norm

President Biden should be allowed to judged on what he does as President, not what he could not do as Vice President. There is a big difference between both positions and he should be given grace to do as he promised. 

Oh and JKB is riddled with fecking popups and ads I having opened. Fecking up my phone. 

Congratulations has made a comeback anaw. Rant over. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Not so sure about that she was out her tree 🤣

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not so sure about that she was out her tree 🤣

How do know that ? It was only mid day over there ? Bit early for the hard drugs 😂😂

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How do know that ? It was only mid day over there ? Bit early for the hard drugs 😂😂

Iv been around 😇 , im guessing it was prob xans or similar rather than anything to hardcore but it was pretty obvious. She was superb though.

Efit: its never to early though 😏🤣

Edited by sadj

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah two classy woman. 

Class is a good word to describe what’s happened today, the world is a better place than it was yesterday. 

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If the  Southern Patriot Council existed in Scotland they'd be jailed. Fecking dangerous psychopaths. 

Yeeeeeha! Texas going to leave the Union ( eyes widen with, you never thought of that', look, did you? We'll show yas)

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yeeeeeha! Texas going to leave the Union ( eyes widen with, you never thought of th at, did you?)

I wanted to steal his dog. He doesn’t deserve a dog like that. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Dunno about drugs. But she could've played the flamboyance down a tad, for the ceremony, imo.

Don't mind her. But she played up to it.

That was as tame as shes ever dressed. T🤣 i mean her eyes were cheesey pinging saucers but the rest of it was straight out her state funeral wardrobe 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Class is a good word to describe what’s happened today, the world is a better place than it was yesterday. 

👍

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I wanted to steal his dog. He doesn’t deserve a dog like that. 

All over the furniture. Not for me

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

She looked like a Quality Street that you leave in the tin.

Exactly balance that with the meat dress and its clearly her formal wear 

45 minutes ago, sadj said:

That was as tame as shes ever dressed. T🤣 i mean her eyes were cheesey pinging saucers but the rest of it was straight out her state funeral wardrobe 

She has some serious health issues that cause her serious pain. Could be she’s suffering just now but medicated heavily to get through the inauguration. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Whenever the media interview trump supporters they pick out the most red-neckish one they can find, not a trump fan but all 70 million can’t be gun totting trailer trash surely?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)