U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

They are postmodernists and relativists. They think cultures are equal when they blatantly are not. They are a threat to Western civilization and all that the enlightenment stands for.  

Are you Joseph McCarthy reincarnated?

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

OK so bat shit mental it is. Or just a sad right wing conspiracy theory mentalist. 

If you understood anything of what I said you would reply more sensibly 

55 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

If you understood anything of what I said you would reply more sensibly 

I understood everything you said and it just confirms you as somebody to be ignored. Go and peddle your loony theories somewhere else, I'll not be wasting any more time on you

Edited by XB52

Trump hiding in a bunker reminds me of Sadam Hussein.  The difference is that Sadam was hiding from an invading force.  Trump was hiding from his own people.

4 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah, he's a racist that forced himself on women. That's his personality and I refuse to look beyond it.

Well to be fair to you it's a decent way to look at things.

And I dont disagree with where you are coming from.

My problem .....never mind .

I think I've tried explaining before .

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

His administration had rolled back some lgbt protections in the workplace , allowed businesses to directly discriminate against LGBT . His patronising views and communication with women is very telling . He is directly not responsible for that guys murders but has displayed no empathy around it and  has responded by threatening the military , without really understanding the anger and outrage of black and whire people About this incident and so many similar ones for the last few year’s . He is gross , ignorant , uncultured , racist imbecile but unfortunately is in a powerful position. The Twitter allegations about him ( if true ) are sickening 

Yes they are.

Last sentence.

The allegations surrounding him and others and the lack of justice is as you rightly say sickening

If credit is due I suppose its despite him.

The reforms on prison population is something I think we can all agree is a good thing.

The record numbers of blacks in employment.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

OK so bat shit mental it is. Or just a sad right wing conspiracy theory mentalist. 

How is what he said right wing conspiracy?

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, jake said:

Yes they are.

Last sentence.

The allegations surrounding him and others and the lack of justice is as you rightly say sickening

If credit is due I suppose its despite him.

The reforms on prison population is something I think we can all agree is a good thing.

The record numbers of blacks in employment.

Yeah probably less blacks in prison as they are getting “ taken out “ by the police !! 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah probably less blacks in prison as they are getting “ taken out “ by the police !! 

And the largest prison population percentage wise in the entire world. 1% of the entire population. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
30 minutes ago, jake said:

Well to be fair to you it's a decent way to look at things.

And I dont disagree with where you are coming from.

My problem .....never mind .

I think I've tried explaining before .

:thumbsup: No worries.

Riccarton3
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

His administration had rolled back some lgbt protections in the workplace , allowed businesses to directly discriminate against LGBT . His patronising views and communication with women is very telling . He is directly not responsible for that guys murders but has displayed no empathy around it and  has responded by threatening the military , without really understanding the anger and outrage of black and whire people About this incident and so many similar ones for the last few year’s . He is gross , ignorant , uncultured , racist imbecile but unfortunately is in a powerful position. The Twitter allegations about him ( if true ) are sickening 

Well said in response. Made me laugh. Not the above.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I understood everything you said and it just confirms you as somebody to be ignored. Go and peddle your loony theories somewhere else, I'll not be wasting any more time on you

You do realise that postmodernism is the now dominant philosophy in universities and schools and therefore will have a horrendous impact on society? The Dems are full of postmodernists and their policies are a result of their philosophy. 

im not a republican by any measure but they are in the immediate sense anyway the greater the threat to liberty. Republicans may be longer term threat but either way it’s a bad picture. 

There is no need to call me a loon. I’m just a human being at the other end of this conversation and too often posters on here attack other people instead of engaging with them in a civil manner. 

it’s good to talk to people and can be fun. But it’s senseless to insult people unless they’ve done something to merit it.

A serious point for everyone - can we stop name calling? It’s nasty and pointless. Also contradictory depending on what your prior narrative is. 

you never know what someone is going through so even a nasty comment online can badly detriment someone. 

the people who want to divide us by race and other things want us to be unable to converse with one another when we disagree. Civil conversation among those who disagreed was the norm once now it’s the exception. 

perhaps if we want more civility in society, we should all be the exception individually until it’s the rule again?

just a thought & wishing you all well. 

Also just read something about Trump rolling back LGBT protections in the workplace. I’m the most gay friendly person you will meet but they don’t have to be protected in the workplace. 

Equally if a hotel doesn’t want to allow anyone to stay who is X, Y or Z, let them have that policy. It’s their right to do so. 

if you don’t like it, boycot it and so on. My point is that the rationale for removing such laws doesn’t make you homophobic. For some it will but for others (me included) it’s about freedom and property rights. And FYI I would probably boycott such a place anyway but again it’s their right to do so.

anyway, that’s enough posting for me!

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, JJ93 said:

They are postmodernists and relativists. They think cultures are equal when they blatantly are not. They are a threat to Western civilization and all that the enlightenment stands for.  

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

the people who want to divide us by race and other things want us to be unable to converse with one another when we disagree. Civil conversation among those who disagreed was the norm once now it’s the exception. 

I prefer it when we shoot at the inferior cultures, tbh.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:spoton:

I prefer it when we shoot at the inferior cultures, tbh.

Is that your way of challenging me to a water pistol fight? If so, wait until I need a wee then we can begin. 🤣

54 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No imprisoned mostly for low level drug offences.

A policy still defended by Biden.

You should see his speech for support of it.

If Trump was to make such a speech like that....

The US under democrat Presidents contributed to the largest prison population per head in the world .

And black Americans disproportionately made up those numbers.

Now its argued that Obama had set in place the reforms now being carried out.

To me it's almost as if the Democrat party like to keep ramming home the message that a vote for the republican party is racist.

Why cant black Americans feel free to see conservative policies as the better option?

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Is that your way of challenging me to a water pistol fight? If so, wait until I need a wee then we can begin. 🤣

I was agreeing with you and adding my own tuppence worth.

Maple Leaf
5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Also just read something about Trump rolling back LGBT protections in the workplace. I’m the most gay friendly person you will meet but they don’t have to be protected in the workplace. 

Equally if a hotel doesn’t want to allow anyone to stay who is X, Y or Z, let them have that policy. It’s their right to do so. 

if you don’t like it, boycot it and so on. My point is that the rationale for removing such laws doesn’t make you homophobic. For some it will but for others (me included) it’s about freedom and property rights. And FYI I would probably boycott such a place anyway but again it’s their right to do so.

It's all about discrimination, whether it be over a person's skin colour, their gender, or their religion.  In my view, discrimination is always abhorrent.

Hotels should not have the right to discriminate.  The Americans went down that road for generations with African-Americans, and it took changes to the law to stop it. Bakeries in the USA can refuse to bake a cake for a same-sex marriage; it'll probably take changes in the law to make that discrimination stop too.

A person's 'freedoms' shouldn't allow them to discriminate, any more than a person's right to free speech doesn't allow them to shout "Fire!" in a crowded theatre.

We're either a society where everyone is equal and is treated fairly or we're not. By his words and actions, Trump does not believe that all Americans are equal. As with most things, I disagree with him. 

7 hours ago, jake said:

I wouldn't bother.

You are either racist thick or now unbelievably a rapist if you dare have a different view.

:lol: Wee persecuted lamb

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's all about discrimination, whether it be over a person's skin colour, their gender, or their religion.  In my view, discrimination is always abhorrent.

Hotels should not have the right to discriminate.  The Americans went down that road for generations with African-Americans, and it took changes to the law to stop it. Bakeries in the USA can refuse to bake a cake for a same-sex marriage; it'll probably take changes in the law to make that discrimination stop too.

A person's 'freedoms' shouldn't allow them to discriminate, any more than a person's right to free speech doesn't allow them to shout "Fire!" in a crowded theatre.

We're either a society where everyone is equal and is treated fairly or we're not. By his words and actions, Trump does not believe that all Americans are equal. As with most things, I disagree with him. 

Then you are giving the state the power to decide what hat can and can’t be done by private individuals beyond the basic violations of individual rights. 

According to what standard do they judge what is right and wrong? Philosophy guides them.

what if they have an anti-reason philosophy? We are all doomed in that scenario. 

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

:lol: Wee persecuted lamb

Not at all.

I get nipped like anyone else .

It's true though.

And because of the screwed up mentality that sees theories such as white privilege as a way to form your political outlook means when confronted by sound argument it's a comfort blanket for you and others to grab.

Unfortunately I cant post such things as I'd be using others words.

But I am sure you have heard your belief system totally dismantled.

You will be fine though when you grow out of it.

😉

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, jake said:

No imprisoned mostly for low level drug offences.

A policy still defended by Biden.

You should see his speech for support of it.

If Trump was to make such a speech like that....

The US under democrat Presidents contributed to the largest prison population per head in the world .

And black Americans disproportionately made up those numbers.

Now its argued that Obama had set in place the reforms now being carried out.

To me it's almost as if the Democrat party like to keep ramming home the message that a vote for the republican party is racist.

Why cant black Americans feel free to see conservative policies as the better option?

Donald Trump does not represent Conservative policies. Donald Trump represents Donald Trump, surely you see him for what he is.

It's not about right v left, he has made/is making this much more dangerous than ideologic differences. He is a megalomaniac and will sacrifice anyone or thing getting in his way.

His own Constitution means nowt, his "religious beliefs", lol, no more than a convenience, yet his acolytes remain silent, reinforcing this unbalanced clown's belief in his delusions.

Maple Leaf
14 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Then you are giving the state the power to decide what hat can and can’t be done by private individuals beyond the basic violations of individual rights. 

According to what standard do they judge what is right and wrong? Philosophy guides them.

what if they have an anti-reason philosophy? We are all doomed in that scenario. 

I presume that most of us want to live in a society that is governed by the rule of law. And governments have the right to enact laws or repeal them.  I doubt if philosophy guides most governments; it's more likely to be political bias.

A person's freedoms shouldn't include the right to make anyone else's life miserable. If I have to surrender some of my so-called freedoms in order for us to live in a more tolerant society, that's fine by me.

By the way, I think the Trump administration is anti-reason, and you might very well be right in your prediction of doom!

23 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

But who should have the right to say what "discrimination" is? It's a very tricky argument.

You've said "person's skin colour, their gender, or their religion"

Do you want to take away the right of a Black Family who own a guest house to refuse entry to a white supremacist? Or a Jewish family to refuse entry to a neo nazi group?

If that's OK, is is not then justified for a deeply religious Christian family to refuse entry to a homosexual couple?

I know these are extremes but I hope you see the dilemma?

12 minutes ago, jake said:

Not at all.

I get nipped like anyone else .

It's true though.

And because of the screwed up mentality that sees theories such as white privilege as a way to form your political outlook means when confronted by sound argument it's a comfort blanket for you and others to grab.

Unfortunately I cant post such things as I'd be using others words.

But I am sure you have heard your belief system totally dismantled.

You will be fine though when you grow out of it.

😉

You do realise your endless need to assume everyone else is the problem (and talk shite) is what's holding you back.

54 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I wouldn't have a problem with this, as long as employers and businesses state what restrictions they have on who they employ or who they let in, and display this on any and all advertising. 

Just now, Justin Z said:

You do realise your endless need to assume everyone else is the problem (and talk shite) is what's holding you back.

🤣🤣🤣 oh the irony!!!!

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣 oh the irony!!!!

Reactions like this out of the likes of you are among the best affirmations, so I thank you very kindly. ❤️

Maple Leaf
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But who should have the right to say what "discrimination" is? It's a very tricky argument.

Do you want to take away the right of a Black Family who own a guest house to refuse entry to a white supremacist? Or a Jewish family to refuse entry to a neo nazi group?

If that's OK, is is not then justified for a deeply religious Christian family to refuse entry to a homosexual couple?

There is no dilemma in my eyes.

If you want to run a guest house or a bakery or a beauty salon or a bicycle repair shop, you don't get to pick and choose who you will or will not serve, even in the extreme examples you cited.

3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Donald Trump does not represent Conservative policies. Donald Trump represents Donald Trump, surely you see him for what he is.

It's not about right v left, he has made/is making this much more dangerous than ideologic differences. He is a megalomaniac and will sacrifice anyone or thing getting in his way.

His own Constitution means nowt, his "religious beliefs", lol, no more than a convenience, yet his acolytes remain silent, reinforcing this unbalanced clown's belief in his delusions.

Hes got a pretty good administration imo.

No wars

Despite Democrats ramping up anti Russian feeling

Toned down North Korea

Took out the Iranian responsible for many terror operations.

Black employment .

You know my fear of Trump being re elected.

That the left in America further rams home the message that black means fail.

When it doesnt.

They face discrimination and have done under all admins.

I've said countless times that Trump isnt what the American presidency should reflect.

He won.

He used the same rhetoric regarding immigration etc as many previous candidates.

That's what gets me about this thread.

You say do I not see it.

And it is about left and right .

Imo it's what got Trump elected in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If its holding me back then I'm laid back about it.

5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If you want to run a guest house or a bakery or a beauty salon or a bicycle repair shop, you don't get to pick and choose who you will or will not serve, even in the extreme examples you cited.

There's no dilemma because the hypothetical is nonsense. It's not even necessary to take it to the extent you have. Equivocating white supremacy, i.e. wishing death or the subjugation of non-white races, with being gay, is ridiculous at best and intellectually dishonest at worst.

It's the same kind of intellectual dishonesty that renders "the people who want to punch Nazis, i.e. modern day followers of an ideology that lived out its explicit intent by exterminating 6 million civilians from the face of the earth, are morally equivalent to Nazis."

Just now, jake said:

If its holding me back then I'm laid back about it.

If you were actually laid back about it you wouldn't whine and cry when pulled up on it.

You also wouldn't do the exact same thing you accuse "the mob" of doing, i.e. making a mockery of your position in order to beat you over the head with it, and then turn around and do the exact same thing.

26 minutes ago, jake said:

Your hypocrisy is really shining through today, in addition to you continuing to spout about things you know nowt about. Imagine how mental you'd have to be to tell a white seppo who has worked in criminal defence law and watched this system target minorities, who has seen children locked in cages near the Mexican border that white privilege is a comfort blanket for him.

Certainly makes me feel better about all the times you called me arrogant.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Always proud of my club but this just reaffirms it.

F0B35E9A-822C-4FCF-B883-29A354AD0101.jpeg

:clap: Absolutely fantastic.

Governor Tarkin

What if you do loads of good stuff but just don't like Jews and homosexuals?

Does that make you a bad person? :(

11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

So if you owned a shop that required a cake or a guesthouse and a skinhead with swastikas and a Maga shirt came in would you oblige?

I'm not equating racists with being gay although I'm sure there are some gay racists.

I suppose I'm hoping you will say no.

I hope you can see the point I'm trying to make.

J.T.F.Robertson
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You're using hypothetical, philosophic extremes to make your point.

Why would a white supremacist wish to bed down in a black-operated b&b? Same applies to your neo nazi analogy.

All encompassing answers don't exist, common sense does. (occasionally)

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If you were actually laid back about it you wouldn't whine and cry when pulled up on it.

Nothing like a wee bit of untruth to fit the narrative.

What do you call that again?

Maple Leaf
2 minutes ago, jake said:

So if you owned a shop that required a cake or a guesthouse and a skinhead with swastikas and a Maga shirt came in would you oblige?

I'm not equating racists with being gay although I'm sure there are some gay racists.

I suppose I'm hoping you will say no.

I hope you can see the point I'm trying to make.

The point you're trying to make is that you doubt if I would live up to my own standards.

We'll never know.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What if you do loads of good stuff but just don't like Jews and homosexuals?

Does that make you a bad person? :(

Fallible?

23 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Reactions like this out of the likes of you are among the best affirmations, so I thank you very kindly. ❤️

Your welcome, the feeling is definitely mutual 👍

11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

5 minutes ago, jake said:

Nothing like a wee bit of untruth to fit the narrative.

What do you call that again?

8 hours ago, jake said:

I wouldn't bother.

You are either racist thick or now unbelievably a rapist if you dare have a different view.

:rofl:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)