U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Apologies for doubting you, I didn't believe even he could be that crass

Yeh, I seen that presser, astonishing levels of ignorance from this clown.

Not only did he say the above, but he implied that he'd saved up to 2.5 million American lives because of his handling of the covid crisis, and effectively saying that 105,000 deaths wasn't that bad as it could have been 2.5 million without him.

It's time he tested his self-proclaimed greatness and walked on water, preferably somewhere really deep and full of sharks.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riccarton3
2 hours ago, Cade said:

"Jobs are up. George Floyd is looking down on us and is proud. It's a great day for him, for us, for everybody in America"

:cornette: :cornette_dog: :wtfvlad:  :gok:

Sick ********! 

Mac_fae_Gillie
3 hours ago, Cade said:

"Jobs are up. George Floyd is looking down on us and is proud. It's a great day for him, for us, for everybody in America"

:cornette: :cornette_dog: :wtfvlad:  :gok:

Seriously just think he is trying to "troll" the protesters.. I just can't see any other logic to his insane remarks. Only question is was this a pre written speech or him going of script again?.. Now awaiting the excuse given in the next day or so for how the media mistook his meaning..

Maple Leaf

General James Mattis dropped a bombshell.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people -- does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us," Trump's former Secretary of Defense said in a statement obtained by CNN. Mattis described the president as a threat to the Constitution. "We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children."
Mattis has largely kept his criticisms of the president silent after resigning over policy differences last year. But as President Trump grows desperate to distract with lies and bluster against a backdrop of a fumbled pandemic response, cross country protests against police violence and his own sagging poll numbers, silence among the center-right is increasingly untenable. Even Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska broke ranks to say that she agreed with Mattis and said she was struggling on whether to support Trump in November.

21 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

insane remarks

He is, he must be insane. Some of the things he says can’t come from a normal level headed sane individual. He needs sectioned. 

28 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

General James Mattis dropped a bombshell.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people -- does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us," Trump's former Secretary of Defense said in a statement obtained by CNN. Mattis described the president as a threat to the Constitution. "We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children."
Mattis has largely kept his criticisms of the president silent after resigning over policy differences last year. But as President Trump grows desperate to distract with lies and bluster against a backdrop of a fumbled pandemic response, cross country protests against police violence and his own sagging poll numbers, silence among the center-right is increasingly untenable. Even Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska broke ranks to say that she agreed with Mattis and said she was struggling on whether to support Trump in November.

General Kelly supported his fellow Generals remarks.

8 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

He is, he must be insane. Some of the things he says can’t come from a normal level headed sane individual. He needs sectioned. 

He's not insane. A life of doing what he wants, when he wants, is now being witnessed by the world. 

He's a narcissist and no-one tells him no without repercussions. 

He will not leave the office voluntary if he is beaten or at the end of his second term. And by the looks of it, the police and Armed forces will back him. But if or when removed he'll run to Russia. That's unless covid-19 doesn't enter the conversation by his reckless behaviour. 

The Internet

Old news now I guess but this is just madness. It still doesn't quite compute with me that this is the president of the United States saying this stuff. State of the world man. 

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

You should've seen the gaslighting display Kkkayleigh McEnemy put up at the daily press conference.

Sarah Sanders & Sean Spicer come back. All is forgiven.

kkkayleigh 😂

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

So. Trump's first public rally will be held in Tulsa Oklahoma, on June the 19th.

Or Juneteenth, as it's also known. You may wonder what the significance of that is, and is it purely a coincidence...? Well...no.

Juneteenth for those of you who don't know, is the day in the USA where the celebration of the abolishment of slavery takes place.

In Tulsa, on that very same day 99 years ago, the worst single piece of racial violence in the USA took place. Resulting in a massacre.

Oklahoma isn't swing state. There's no reason to pick Tulsa as the first rally. Trump, genuinely won't know the significance of all of this. He'll just be happy the rubes will show up. Stephen Miller though...he knows exactly the significance of that date.

There are anti-Trump protests,  along with those already planning on celebrating the day anyway due to take place.

This could be Charlottesville Mark II.

Just a note that the Tulsa race massacre took place on 31 May and 1 June 1921. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I edited it, as I meant month. I was obviously too slow. Grrr!

Sorry about that, Barack. :D You're making a great point though, obviously, and now the link is there so that people can read more about the horrific massacre.

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

_20200610_211229.thumb.JPG.6bb5ceb8c32b726a7af4e190142bca74.JPG

Absolute tadger on it. :rofl:

Replacement statue revealed for Bristol plinth....  

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

That photo of the spray tan was of an impersonator a few years back.

Sorry for the disappointment folks

Obviously. Still funny though. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Jeff said:

That photo of the spray tan was of an impersonator a few years back.

Sorry for the disappointment folks

So what.

37 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Obviously. Still funny though. 

You say that but it was trending recently as someone started a rumour saying anonymous leaked it.

Wouldn't shock you tbh

7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

You say that but it was trending recently as someone started a rumour saying anonymous leaked it.

Wouldn't shock you tbh

Anything that discredits and mocks that big orange tiddly tadgered buffoon is good. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Anything that discredits and mocks that big orange tiddly tadgered buffoon is good. 

This.

Boomers and MAGAs the country over continue to call anti-fascists, i.e. Antifa, fascist--one of the silliest and most intellectually dishonest political tropes of the 21st century. They also continue to push the bizarre idea that Antifa is an organised group or organisation.

Just as you think these people couldn't get any more delusional . . .

Tucker Carlson goes on a crusade against . . . Elmo.

All of America Must Bow Before Elmo, Our Chaotic Antifa Overlord

tenor.gif

I know which "team" I'd rather be on. :rofl:

19 hours ago, Cruyff said:

_20200610_211229.thumb.JPG.6bb5ceb8c32b726a7af4e190142bca74.JPG

Absolute tadger on it. :rofl:

FFS!! You'd think he'd try and get a bit of a cubby on before that photo was taken😅

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

FFS!! You'd think he'd try and get a bit of a cubby on before that photo was taken😅

He did...

Sawdust Caesar
3 hours ago, Barack said:

*Chairman of The Joint Chiefs Of Staff, "apologises" for being in Lafayette Square for the photo-op. And states the military should be a-political.

Big statement. But too late.

*Soon to be former...

And he is soon to be insulted in a tweet by Trump calling him 'the worse ever Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff in history, nobody had a good word to say about him, I'm glad he's gone. I didn't even know who he was before today, didn't know he was in the square that day, he just invited himself. I've done the USA a great favour in sacking him, he's a LOSER!!!!!..' and so on and so forth.

Holding one of his rallies in Tulsa, scene of one of the worse racist massacres of black people in US history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Holding that rally on June 19th, the anniversary of Lincoln's emancipation proclamation being enacted in Texas, the final confederate state to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth

He's just plain trolling now.

Edited by Cade

39 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

His approval rating has tanked, and is now around the lowest it has been since his first year in office.  There are still 5 months to go until the election,  but he has some major challenges ahead of him.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

I have watched Biden a couple of times, he got through what he was saying without any stumbles he also addressed current matters quite well, he must have better writers and campaign advisers than Trump, of course if he is taking their advice that will put him ahead of Trump who listens to no one.

11 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I have watched Biden a couple of times, he got through what he was saying without any stumbles he also addressed current matters quite well, he must have better writers and campaign advisers than Trump, of course if he is taking their advice that will put him ahead of Trump who listens to no one.

it wont just be that i imagine biden will properly prepare and practice his speeches unlike off the cuff donald

Trump when asked about changing names of U.S. Army Barracks says they are named after generals who fought in wars and won battles. He is being reminded that the numerous subject Generals fought battles in the Civil War for the Confederate army against the army of the United States and were branded as traitors by many. It was also suggested that the names such as Fort Bragg were not listed as such while there was a Civil War veteran alive. Trump has to be given credit for being adjudged an idiot and on so many occasions proving it in public for all to see.

One former General in another news item described him when he Trump was talking about the Coronavirus war and battle ,as the bone spur warrior

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

it wont just be that i imagine biden will properly prepare and practice his speeches unlike off his nut donald

:smoking:

Trump to give an address to West Point Cadets tomorrow, some of his advisers. are nervous that he will go off script and criticise some of the Generals now retired who have criticised him and his walk to the church with the bible.

john Bolton has released his much anticipated book and his first comments are not praise for Donald. A surge in covid deaths anticipated, and no word on wether the cadets at West Point will wear masks and be safe distanced. The more I read the more reconfidence I get that if he don't quit the Republican leaders may dump him, and he won't finish his first term. Those new Virus possible figures may just do it, and if any Cadets come down with the Virus when they were ordered returned from leave to give the president an audience the excrement may well really hit the fan, I live in hope.

The June nineteenth rally has been changed to the twentieth in respect for the holiday.

It is also being suggested campaign rally organisers are asking attendees to sign a waiver in case any incur Coronavirus as a result of attendance at the rally. Trump is reputed to have rejected a seating plan of safe distances by saying he is not going to speak at a rally with a 50% audience.

John Bolton states everything done by the President and the White House is aimed at reelection.

48 minutes ago, Barack said:

If I seen my parents doing that, I'd be concerned. 

Yeah.  That ain't good.

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Trump is one of those old Daleks. Hits a staircase and he's fecked. 

I seriously think the guy isn't well.

Never mind that he should have never been anywhere near the position he's in in the first place, someone needs to get him outta there.

Unknown user
On 12/06/2020 at 16:09, Maple Leaf said:

His approval rating has tanked, and is now around the lowest it has been since his first year in office.  There are still 5 months to go until the election,  but he has some major challenges ahead of him.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

On the plus side I hear he's been offered 150 million to colour in his memoirs

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he has said he will not watch us soccer or nfl due to them removing the ban on kneeling

He basically runs the country based on what he watches on TV...

A guy who can't lift a cup of water to his mouth and negotiate some downward steps afterwards. Trump is a sick old man.

28 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

A guy who can't lift a cup of water to his mouth and negotiate some downward steps afterwards. Trump is a sick old man.

Mentally and physically.

Shanks said no
31 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

TV debates could be the final nail in his coffin, strangely not for the stuff he says but for how he can cope with standing at a lectern for a long period of time.

Trump's birthday today apparently. But what about all the other birthdays?

#AllBirthdaysMatter

(he, and you, look equally as silly when you use a similar hashtag)

Shanks said no

When are the general election presidential debates?

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced that there will be a total of three general election presidential debates this year, all taking place in states President Trump won in 2016. The debates will start at 9 P.M. and run for 90 minutes without any commercial breaks.

Sept. 29 at the University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame, Indiana)

Oct. 15 at the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Michigan)

Oct. 22 at Belmont University (Nashville, Tennessee)

1 minute ago, kila said:

Yeah can’t see Trump lasting long on a televised debate this time around.

Will be a cringey watch for sure.

I'm not so sure. Unfortunately, he's good at saying what his followers like to hear. I expected Hillary to wipe the floor with him during the last round of debates and she didn't.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)