U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, jake said:

Deep state imo is exactly why we end up with a president such as Trump.

Can you elaborate on that? Genuine question. How do you mean?

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

deesidejambo
12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I think it may be an anagram.

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Because it means there can never be any radical thinking in politics.

Nothing can change the status quo.

No leader with a vision of a meaningful fairer view of the world and domestic politic will ever be allowed.

Trump is the result of democracy meaning nothing.

Even this thread shows how obviously clever posters are happy to miss the point.

I can't really answer your question fully as I'd need to concentrate fully on what I should type.

Not saying I can't just not able to quickly.

I shall keep trying though.

Sometimes I get my point across.

?

3 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

I think it may be an anagram.

Well it would be to you.

You wouldn't acknowledge deep state.

Not in airy fairy bubble land.

11 minutes ago, jake said:

Well it would be to you.

You wouldn't acknowledge deep state.

Not in airy fairy bubble land.

To be honest Jake, this deep state is not something I have dug into.  I watched quite diligently the Presidential campaigns from the nominations to the Trump Clinton stage.  I thought Trump got the nomination because there was no desire for any of the other candidates, a third Bush, was a definite no no.

In the Presidential race the choice was difficult, Clinton had baggage, her husband, the embassy thing and of course the E mails, Trump came out and said all the right things, he spoke the way so many of his support wanted to hear, his insults about Hillary were to some different and refreshing, and their strategies were quite different, Clinton failing to go to some important States. I had no use for Trump, but equally I could not have voted for Hillary, not being American of course I was not faced with the choice, but I can understand those who chose Trump, I am not sure I understand the continuing support though.

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, jake said:

Trump is the result of democracy meaning nothing.

I think that's an absolutely brilliant comment. You're bang on. This isn't democracy we're living in now; depending on your viewpoint, it's either fake democracy or post-democracy. 

The Real Maroonblood

Trump never had the decency to attend Barbara Bush’s funeral.

Excuses were security blah! blah!

What a cretin.

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Trump never had the decency to attend Barbara Bush’s funeral.

Excuses were security blah! blah!

What a cretin.

To be fair to Trump, the Bush family have been scathing about him since the get-go.  I think he did the right thing in staying away.

He's still a cretin, though.

3 hours ago, bobsharp said:

To be honest Jake, this deep state is not something I have dug into.  I watched quite diligently the Presidential campaigns from the nominations to the Trump Clinton stage.  I thought Trump got the nomination because there was no desire for any of the other candidates, a third Bush, was a definite no no.

In the Presidential race the choice was difficult, Clinton had baggage, her husband, the embassy thing and of course the E mails, Trump came out and said all the right things, he spoke the way so many of his support wanted to hear, his insults about Hillary were to some different and refreshing, and their strategies were quite different, Clinton failing to go to some important States. I had no use for Trump, but equally I could not have voted for Hillary, not being American of course I was not faced with the choice, but I can understand those who chose Trump, I am not sure I understand the continuing support though.

I find it difficult to define deep state without sounding tin foil .

So I will use what I see in relation to America .

I'd cite foreign policy not actually declared but acted upon.

South America and CIA involvement by undermining governments .

Through the use of drug money.

A policy repeated in central Asia and the Chinese regions.

The Syrian conflict which was started 8 years ago by the  CIA.

These long term strategies go beyond presidents and parties holding power.

Some will argue that it protects us from people who are worse.

I'd argue it creates them.

Sorry Bob most of the time I know what I think I just find it difficult to express.

Fekin tin foil fries my brain.

?

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

I think that's an absolutely brilliant comment. You're bang on. This isn't democracy we're living in now; depending on your viewpoint, it's either fake democracy or post-democracy. 

Post imo.

It's moved on from fake.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

I find it difficult to define deep state without sounding tin foil .

So I will use what I see in relation to America .

I'd cite foreign policy not actually declared but acted upon.

South America and CIA involvement by undermining governments .

Through the use of drug money.

A policy repeated in central Asia and the Chinese regions.

The Syrian conflict which was started 8 years ago by the  CIA.

These long term strategies go beyond presidents and parties holding power.

Some will argue that it protects us from people who are worse.

I'd argue it creates them.

Sorry Bob most of the time I know what I think I just find it difficult to express.

Fekin tin foil fries my brain.

?

Thanks Jake, I hear it used all the time but for some reason never took the time to look into it, but I can understand what you are saying, don't disagree , it is a world now of titles for eveything.

2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Thanks Jake, I hear it used all the time but for some reason never took the time to look into it, but I can understand what you are saying, don't disagree , it is a world now of titles for eveything.

It's a title that was first coined in Turkey .

1950s.

On a side note I watched a video about Europe and it's history regarding empires and population.

It is remarkable how so few people have shaped the present.

5 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

And the more I think I know the more thick I find myself.

?

10 minutes ago, jake said:

And the more I think I know the more thick I find myself.

?

You're in good company.  Socrates said "wisdom is knowing how little we know." :thumb:

11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're in good company.  Socrates said "wisdom is knowing how little we know." :thumb:

I could get all deep about that .

But I will spare you.

Thanks though.

Feel a bit chuffed.

?

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

2 hours ago, jake said:

Post imo.

It's moved on from fake.

Marx was correct in his view that liberal democracy was a sham. Connected to Jakes deep state theory, everything is about the upkeep of the economic system, and those that it truly benefits.

10 minutes ago, Boris said:

Marx was correct in his view that liberal democracy was a sham. Connected to Jakes deep state theory, everything is about the upkeep of the economic system, and those that it truly benefits.

Boris.

It cannot be denied.

Capitalism could be argued for .

But capitalism is dead.

As soon as the many bailed out the few is the move to fascism.

No different from any ism.

Less government .

Nation states .

Break it all up .

?

Edited by jake

More than 70 years after the publication of Animal Farm, there are still people out there who would gladly make the place a lifestyle choice. :facepalm:

Grow up and live in the real world, eh? :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

More than 70 years after the publication of Animal Farm, there are still people out there who would gladly make the place a lifestyle choice. :facepalm:

?

deesidejambo
6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Animal Farm, 1984, and Lord of The Flies are all we need to explain the reasons why things are the way they are.

6 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

Animal Farm, 1984, and Lord of The Flies are all we need to explain the reasons why things are the way they are.

?

shaun.lawson
16 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror like his many victims.

However: given the British government, American government, half of the US and a substantial portion of Britain stopped living in the real world some time back, I fear your request shall fall on deaf ears. 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror like his many victims.

However: given the British government, American government, half of the US and a substantial portion of Britain stopped living in the real world some time back, I fear your request shall fall on deaf ears. 

Would they be all that disagree with you and Ulys view of the world.

I worry for you both.

One day you both might disappear up your own arses.

?

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Would they be all that disagree with you and Ulys view of the world.

I worry for you both.

One day you both might disappear up your own arses.

?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But on the contrary. My problem is that the UK government, US government, half the people in the US and substantial numbers of British people no longer believe in facts. Or reason. They live in an alternative reality.

Edited by shaun.lawson

18 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

But on the contrary. My problem is that the UK government, US government, half the people in the US and substantial numbers of British people no longer believe in facts. Or reason. They live in an alternative reality.

So you quote a president who dropped a bomb every single day of his presidency.

How's that for a fact? 

And reality. 

Edited by jake

niblick1874
17 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

niblick1874

The American people saw right through the TPP and anyone that was for it (Obama and many more). They were and are living in reality. They are not falling for the lies.

shaun.lawson
On 4/20/2018 at 22:30, shaun.lawson said:

Right then Nibs. Given "the truths you posted", I have a simple proposal for you. Above, you wrote: "Comey is going down". From this, I assume you mean that Comey is going to jail. This was one of your 'truths'.

But that's cool. I bet 100 pounds sterling that he's not. That James Comey, contrary to your 'truths', is not going to jail and does not go to jail. 

You're quite fortunate I've not called you out on many other statements you've made on this thread - which stated, as apparent 'truths', that Obama is going down, and Hillary is going down, and goodness knows who else in the disease-ravaged corners of your tiny little mind is going down. That's because, contrary to what you might believe, I tend not to take that much pleasure in the verbal equivalent of kicking a blind man's walking stick away.

So I'll just focus on what you said about Comey. Given these are apparent 'truths', it should be free money for you, right? The loser of the bet pays the Foundation of Hearts 100 quid. And given you posted, as 'truth', that "Comey is going down", it is for you to name the expiry date of this bet - for you to tell us by what point he will have 'gone down'. 

Yours in sport, etc etc. :whistling: 

Cough, cough. Nibs, you haven't responded. Is that because, as ever, you were talking out of your behind about your "truths"? Or - oh, the irony - you were lying through your teeth?

Edited by shaun.lawson

niblick1874

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 18:00, niblick1874 said:

• The Department of Justice's inspector general is reportedly investigating "classification matters" related to former FBI Director James Comey's memos.
  • Comey kept seven memos of his conversations with President Donald Trump leading up to his firing last year.
  • After he was fired, Comey gave four of the memos to his friend, Columbia University law professor Daniel Richman, to leak to the press last year.
  • At least two of the memos Comey gave to Richman contain information officials now consider to be classified, according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • The DOJ took the extraordinary step of turning Comey's memos over to Congress on Thursday.

http://www.businessinsider.com/doj-comey-memos-classified-2018-4

Just the tip of the iceberg as far as Comey is concerned. He is going down because there is no Hillaty Clinton when they need her. Them pesky paper trails eh.

Meanwhile former FBI Deputy Director McCabe, while looking at being prosecuted for leaking and lying about it is now saying that Comey told him it was ok to do it while Comye denies it. Where's Hillary when they need her. Them pesky paper trails eh.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/18/andrew-mccabe-discipline-sought-lawmakers-transpar/

Now the deep state have pushed the DNC into filing a lawsuit against Russia, Wikki leaks and everyone that had anything to do with the Trump campaign (apart from Trump) for colluding with the Russians which pure honest promise was the reason they lost the election.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/democratic-national-committee-files-lawsuit-against-russia-trump-campaign-wikileaks-1.523052

Again, the American people have figured out what is going on (an attempted coup) apart from a small minority of MSM believers that are not capable of rational thought.

The Russians are coming the Russians are coming. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 18:15, shaun.lawson said:

Notice how Nibs' font gets bigger and bolder in direct proportion to how much COPIED AND PASTED guff he's spouting? :gocompare:

The three links I COPIED AND PASTED that you said were guff are there in my post above. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 18:43, niblick1874 said:

Notice how shan doesn't attempt to engage in anything to do with the facts I have posted when he doesn't like, as well as wanting to distract from, those said facts. It shows you up for what you are shan, hollow. The twirly thing though, very impressive.

Show us the guff shan. 

We are still waiting on you showing us the guff in the links I copied and pasted. I say they are telling the truth and you say they are guff. Prove that the links I provided are guff and not fact.

Show us the guff in my COPIED AND PASTED links shan. 

niblick1874

Meanwhile, check out some of those that are going through the twisted alternative reality to the truth that is the Pride of miss Jean Brodie education mind **** system.

Thank goodness they are by far in the minority in America.

I will add that it was good to see that they were civil when told the truth. Here is hoping they ask more questions about everything they have been told as well as asking why they have been lied to through omission as well as to their face.

Bindy Badgy
2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

They are not falling for the lies.

Apart from all of the bollocks Fox News etc also spout about climate change. Creationism as well. 38% of them believe the Earth was created within the last 10,000 years.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx

The American people saw right through the TPP and anyone that was for it (Obama and many more). They were and are living in reality. They are not falling for the lies.

Not so.  The Trump administration has declared that it is reconsidering its previous decision to withdraw from TPP, having received considerable push-back from some American lawmakers. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/12/politics/trump-tpp-reconsidering/index.html

Like most agreements, there are positives as well as negatives to TPP.  One of the biggest bees in Trump's bonnet at the moment is USA's massive trade deficit with China, and it was precisely to combat China's unfair trade practices that TPP was created.  Trump might have to reverse his previous decision.

shaun.lawson

the guff in the links I copied and pasted.

Awfully sorry old fruitloop, but the burden of proof is on the accuser. I challenged you to put your money where your deranged mouth was. Entirely predictably, you shat it. Because they weren't 'truths' at all, but more dribble from your diseased mind.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Paper trail, Nibs.  :rofl:

He still hasn't given me my plate back. :( 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not so.  The Trump administration has declared that it is reconsidering its previous decision to withdraw from TPP

But but but the American people saw right through the lies :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

Apart from all of the bollocks......

59 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not so.  The Trump administration has declared that it is reconsidering its previous decision to withdraw from TPP, having received considerable push-back from some American lawmakers.

No, you're wrong.  You're obviously not watching the right vids.  The right vids explain how the Earth is flat, TPP is crap and some randomers somewhere are not falling for the lies.

People who watch right vids know things.  Watch the right vids and you'll know things too.

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Awfully sorry old fruitloop, but the burden of proof is on the accuser. I challenged you to put your money where your deranged mouth was. Entirely predictably, you shat it. Because they weren't 'truths' at all, but more dribble from your diseased mind.

He still hasn't given me my plate back. :( 

Your plate is out there.  ;)

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Your plate is out there.  ;)

I consider this mocking of the afflicted to be beyond nasty as well as cowardly. I will say it again, Nasty and cowardly.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Nasty and cowardly.

Typical post from scran there. 

Oh wait, you can't scran, 'cos you haven't got any plates left.

And the day after Obama did another thing that Donny can't do, the courts schooled Donny in what the separation of powers is all about. 

Moreover, the panel of judges were all Republican appointees, and they had some strong words to say about Donny and his complete inability to understand the first thing about the business of government or the Constitution he has sworn to protect, preserve and defend.

The Washington Post: Republican judges warn of ‘tyranny’ as they block Trump on ‘sanctuary cities’

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

You always purport to speak for the ''American people''. What gives you that authority and how come every American I speak to holds a view quite different to yours?

Please, clear and direct answers only.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

No, you're wrong.  You're obviously not watching the right vids.  The right vids explain how the Earth is flat, TPP is crap and some randomers somewhere are not falling for the lies.

People who watch right vids know things.  Watch the right vids and you'll know things too.

In this picture you can clearly see the terror in the dogs face. After years of being told we are alone in the universe, this K9 has the real truth.

Image result for funny alien video

I heard Trump saying he wanted to go back into TPP, but not long after I heard that he had changed his mind again, I am not sure where he is standing now. He is a bit busy trying to decide whether or not to pardon Cohen if he is convicted of anything, nothing of course which would have anything to do with Trump. Just heard two lawyers discuss this Pardon, if Cohen received a Pardon he concedes his 5th Amendment Rights, he then could be required to give evidence in Court under oath, if he failed to do so or perjured himself he could be charged again, posssibly requiring another Pardon which if given would be a bit problematic for the one giving it.

SpruceBringsteen
16 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

You always purport to speak for the ''American people''. What gives you that authority and how come every American I speak to holds a view quite different to yours?

Please, clear and direct answers only.

I too would be big on hearing an answer to this.

25 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

tiger-woods-for-president-becauseif-bang

Might as well be for all the power a president actually has.

But hey you are all grown up and live in the real world.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)