Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

I can only assume he spends a lot of time pashed.

He should get an account on KB.

Thanks for that.  I actually laughed out loud.  :biggrin:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

I can only assume he spends a lot of time pashed.

He should get an account on KB.

If only he got as pished as his brother.

:(

17 hours ago, Ulysses said:

True, though the crux of the matter is that if a gas attack took place, there are three leaders who are responsible for it.

Assad, for giving the order.

Putin, for protecting the Assad regime.

Trump, for letting the Assad regime think that the United States would not respond if they did something like this.

We wait and see if the United States actually responds, or if Assad and Putin are in a war of words with a bullshit artist.  Or who knows, maybe both? :unsure:

A fourth option may be the Jihadist's who used the chemical bombs knowing that Assad would get the blame from the west. They're on a hiding to nothing either way and I wouldn't put it past them to try something like this. Probably never know who it was but this may just suit some of the players agenda's. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

1.  Americans will notify the Russians of intended targets via the deconfliction communication channel.    

2.   Russians will arrange to be somewhere else that night.

3.   Russians will notify Assad regime of Americans' plans.

4.   Assad regime will arrange to be somewhere else that night.

5.   Americans will spend a few hundred million dollars worth of ordnance to make an almighty racket and mess without hitting anything dangerous.

6.   Russians will triumphantly lie about shooting down 'x' number of cruise missiles and/or reaper drones,   as well as go into a theatrical rage about American aggression and loss of Russian lives and material.

7.   Americans will exaggerate success of the mission and unfurl the big 'mission accomplished' banner on the nash back across the Med.

8.   UK will provide intelligence and refuelling services.

The Comedian

Or, Yanks tell Russia shit.

I agree with a earlier comment on Russian military capability, the US would blow them out the water. Their carriers make our's look good and they aren't finished. As they say in the southern states, they are all hat and no cattle.

Trump is just the kind of guy to call their bluff and they'll do nothing about it. That in itself would be a triumph for the Trump administration.

Edited by The Comedian

3 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Or, Yanks tell Russia shit.

I agree with a earlier comment on Russian military capability, the US would blow them out the water. Their carriers make our's look good and they aren't finished. As they say in the southern states, they are all hat and no cattle.

Trump is just the kind of guy to call their bluff and they'll do nothing about it. That in itself would be a triumph for the Trump administration.

No doubt about it.   Russian capability will certainly be of the vintage variety but they would still be able put a hole in something owned by the Americans,  should they be of a mind to.

The Americans will absolutely notify the Russians of the best places to not be... and they'll be able to absolutely prove they did so.

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

A fourth option may be the Jihadist's who used the chemical bombs knowing that Assad would get the blame from the west. They're on a hiding to nothing either way and I wouldn't put it past them to try something like this. Probably never know who it was but this may just suit some of the players agenda's. 

Do the jihadists have access to chemical weapons?  What about airborne delivery capability?

11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Do the jihadists have access to chemical weapons?  What about airborne delivery capability?

Who knows Uly. Its not inconceivable that they picked the means up by plunder after a battle or by a rogue nation sponser. 

I think its risky to believe that ISIS or whoever are just goat herders with Kalashnikov’s. 

Anyhoo, just a theory for discussion. 

13 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The first chemical attack in Syria turned out to have been launched by the rebels, after they "liberated" it from a Syrian army base.

All sides are at it.

The French say they have concrete proof that this chemical attack was done by Assad regime forces.

The Russians say chemical attack never happened.   On a number of occasions.    Yet a number of previous attacks have been proved to have happened,  contrary to what the Russians say.

Only a fully paid up baco-bunnet could look elsewhere for the truth,  other than the bleedin obvious.

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The French say they have concrete proof that this chemical attack was done by Assad regime forces.

The Russians say chemical attack never happened.   On a number of occasions.    Yet a number of previous attacks have been proved to have happened,  contrary to what the Russians say.

Only a fully paid up baco-bunnet could look elsewhere for the truth,  other than the bleedin obvious.

Target BBC audience right there...

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Target BBC audience right there...

That's just a glib,  meaningless comment.    

Since there is such an appetite for everyone to see all available evidence all the time,     would it be too much to expect some evidence to prove that the BBC are complicit in a conspiracy to report lies?

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's just a glib,  meaningless comment.    

Since there is such an appetite for everyone to see all available evidence all the time,     would it be too much to expect some evidence to prove that the BBC are complicit in a conspiracy to report lies?

Its all they do, contort the truth. They are the British establishments propaganda mouthpiece and folk suck their lies right up and convince themselves its the truth!

If theres any evidence then lets hear it! 

Watt-Zeefuik

Trump is thinking about trying to rejoin the TPP.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-weighs-rejoining-trans-pacific-partnership/2018/04/12/37d59500-3e71-11e8-8d53-eba0ed2371cc_story.html

Apparently he just now figured out that it was a gigantic effort to use free trade to limit China's influence, which he's now hot to do.

I mean just :rofl::sob::rofl::sob: 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The first chemical attack in Syria turned out to have been launched by the rebels, after they "liberated" it from a Syrian army base.

All sides are at it.

Are you saying that jihadists have access to airborne delivery methods?  Reports indicate that the chemicals in Douma were delivered from the air.  I'm not saying that they were, but others are.  We know that Assad has airborne delivery capability, as have the Russians, the Americans and the Turks.  Do the jihadist rebels?

A big bomb has been dropped. Comeys book coming out next week, the media preview has been released and the book is being discussed. Trumps people have opened a website already called Lyin'  Comey,  I have watched a lot of the discussions, mixed opinions on whether Comey has done the right thing, or whether this was necessary.

Edited by bobsharp

39 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

A big bomb has been dropped. Comeys book coming out next week, the media preview has been released and the book is being discussed. Trumps people have opened a website already called Lyin'  Comey,  I have watched a lot of the discussions, mixed opinions on whether Comey has done the right thing, or whether this was necessary.

What's the old saying?  Revenge is a dish best served cold.

It's payback time for Comey, and his book will merely reinforce the view that Trump is nothing but a shallow, buffoonish conman who is completely out of his depth as President.

So while Washington and the White House is convulsed with discussions on Trump's morality, his ego, his intelligence ... who is leading the country?

And let's not forget, Comey is a card-carrying Republican.  Can't blame Hilary and the Dems this time, Trumpet.   

shaun.lawson
6 hours ago, Cade said:

All sides are at it.

I was suspicious as hell about what happened in 2013, and am just as opposed to military action now as I was then - but do you have any evidence for the assertion above?

shaun.lawson
6 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Comey is my homey.

Russia now say they have proof the UK staged the Syrian chemical attack.    You have to admire the comical effort but I can't imagine any believers,   not beyond a few maniacs on here.   

16 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Are you saying that jihadists have access to airborne delivery methods?  Reports indicate that the chemicals in Douma were delivered from the air.  I'm not saying that they were, but others are.  We know that Assad has airborne delivery capability, as have the Russians, the Americans and the Turks.  Do the jihadist rebels?

You and I have discussed this before.

It's a mess and so many players are involved .

Anyway here's what I thought was a good read .

http://www.mepc.org/journal/chemical-attacks-syria-how-us-intel-went-wrong

What an awful set of circumstances this whole situation is.  We have the former head of an internationally accepted as one of the worlds top law enforcement agencies, and the President of The United States speaking about each other in a manner that one would expect more from a couple of schoolchildren in primary school.  Name calling, telling tales.

I am disappointed in Comey, I think he is early with his book, I would like to have read it later when some of the stuff that is going on has been proven or not. Is there any reasonably intelligent  reader of current affairs person who is not aware that Trump is an immoral liar, is a serial offender of marital infidelity, and is at least in some of our opinions totally unsuitable and devoid of the class and character required for someone in his position.

Comey is actually a lawyer, he does not to me fit the profile of an F.B.I. agent, I have met many and they are from the days of their first exposure to the F.B.I. at Quantico moulded into a certain character, they are no longer a person they are an Agent, Comey to me does not fit this description.  Certainly in law enforcement one learns rather quickly to maintain records, for the simple policeman it was his notebook, Comey however strikes me as someone with low self confidence, and did after his initial meetings mith Trump realise that he was in the big game not a Sunday league, and was getting well prepared for the worst.

Although I have lost some respect and am a bit disappointed in General Kelly, I thought it was wrong at this time to quote in his book the things Kelly stated about his opinion of Trump, may have been appropriate in a couple of years when Trump is no longer President but not good right now.

I find it difficult to see a Country I have always had a great liking for, institutions I have always admired, and people I have respected brought to this state, entirely because of for whatever reason, Russian interference, drain the swamp, make America great, campaign rhetoric, has exposed the world to the frailties of an egotistical, war mongering, draft dodger, who it seems is bent on bringing the United States and possibly the world into a nuclear war.

Jambo-Jimbo
27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Russia now say they have proof the UK staged the Syrian chemical attack.    You have to admire the comical effort but I can't imagine any believers,   not beyond a few maniacs on here.   

First Russia said there wasn't any evidence of an attack, then they blamed the rebels for the non attack, then it was the 'White Helmets' who were to blame and now it's Britain who the Russian military says staged this attack.

Desperate stuff from the Russian's who are becoming increasingly desperate in their efforts to deflect, obstruct, lie and make up any old crap in an attempt to do what Russia does best, and that is to muddy the waters to such an extent that the truth gets lost in all the claims and counter claims, all the conspiracy theories.  Classic Russian tactics.

Ibrahim Tall

Comey is a penis tbh. 

I’m no fan of Trump but given the current crisis in Western/Russian relations, Syria and even the actual breakthrough in Korean/US relations and the positives that could come from it - now is not the time for a ‘he said/she said’ novel to boost his bank balance. 

Plenty time later when far more important things calm down.

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm amazed there own "chemical experts"have found such "evidence" from a botched job by a "Russophobic" country.

Can't be Israel. They've gotten better since the Munich fiascos.

Must be Lichtenstein.

By the way, is Russophobic even a word? Noticed that Xenophobic wasn't used...something Russia are well versed in. 

I'll send my email of apology to The Kremlin; when the OPCW arrives, corroborates this irrefutable evidence, and names them.

It sure is.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/russophobe

5 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Comey is a penis tbh. 

I’m no fan of Trump but given the current crisis in Western/Russian relations, Syria and even the actual breakthrough in Korean/US relations and the positives that could come from it - now is not the time for a ‘he said/she said’ novel to boost his bank balance. 

Plenty time later when far more important things calm down.

Maybe he is very concerned about what may transpire if Trump stays in office. A book is a very good way of putting this message across as a full argument rather than as a series of interview-type sound bites.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

There is a terrifying lack of measured, intellectual, diplomatic leadership in the world right now. It's scary how Russia and the US have both fallen to insecure, authoritarian arseholes without an ounce of compassion between them. Even the tiniest glance at history shows this kind of situation can and will lead to bad, bad shit. Be a miracle if we get out of the next couple of years unscathed tbh. 

19 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

There is a terrifying lack of measured, intellectual, diplomatic leadership in the world right now. It's scary how Russia and the US have both fallen to insecure, authoritarian arseholes without an ounce of compassion between them. Even the tiniest glance at history shows this kind of situation can and will lead to bad, bad shit. Be a miracle if we get out of the next couple of years unscathed tbh. 

And Turkey and Hungary and the Philippines and so on and so on.......

44 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, (Insert Russian swear word here) me.

I'll be keeping that in mind for Pointless at some point. 

Of course, it could also mean a morbid fear of the following fine actress, but I don't see how that could be possible, quite frankly.

image.png.357b383c3485dc366026c25475ba4ff9.png

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

First Russia said there wasn't any evidence of an attack, then they blamed the rebels for the non attack, then it was the 'White Helmets' who were to blame and now it's Britain who the Russian military says staged this attack.

Desperate stuff from the Russian's who are becoming increasingly desperate in their efforts to deflect, obstruct, lie and make up any old crap in an attempt to do what Russia does best, and that is to muddy the waters to such an extent that the truth gets lost in all the claims and counter claims, all the conspiracy theories.  Classic Russian tactics.

It's not even a genuine attempt to deny,  deflect and confuse things.    Quite the opposite.    It's an overt campaign of sarcasm and trivialisation.     

On one side we have the naive,  child like shouting of Trump.    On the other,   the carefully calculated falseness of the Russians.     

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Does that mean you're saying that jihadist rebels have access to methods to deliver chemical agents by air?

No .

If you read the link it's clear there is no evidence to blame Assad.

Obama was under pressure to act on Syria.He didn't.

Jambo x2 claimed that Syria is a one off because of the use of chemical weapons.

I argue that Syria is another state destabilized in the same way others have been in the region.

How could i ever know if jihadist rebels.

By the way the jihadist groups fighting in Syria are foreign to that country so they are not rebelling against anything .

They are invading .

How can I know if they have the capability.

Do you know for certain that they don't have that backing.

It does bother me that you could read the link I posted and you can only think to question how it was delivered.

It's quite clear in the link that the US has similar rocket launched weapons of a chemical nature.

It also names widely respected experts in the field who doubt the narrative we are being fed.

It's a factual report.

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's not even a genuine attempt to deny,  deflect and confuse things.    Quite the opposite.    It's an overt campaign of sarcasm and trivialisation.     

On one side we have the naive,  child like shouting of Trump.    On the other,   the carefully calculated falseness of the Russians.     

Carefully calculated Russia and the benign innocent West.

Isn't it interesting that nowhere in our msm reported the former head of the British armed forces question the narrative on Syria.

General Shaw .

Commanded in Iraq and Bosnia.

Now you would think an interview with him would be respected.

9 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Huge blasts in Damascus; US airstrikes underway. 

Along with UK and France. Must have missed this being debated in Parliament.

shaun.lawson
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Along with UK and France. Must have missed this being debated in Parliament.

Indeed. But we're defending freedom, donchaknow? :rolleyes: 

Hours before the opcw go to independently investigate the site of the recent alleged chemical attack.

The US UK and France bomb Damascus.

With no parliamentary consent and in fact must be considered of breaking international law.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)