U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

13 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

For the first time in my puff, I'm salivating over watching Fox News tonight.

:laugh:

Stolen from your retweet ???

Twitteref81dca.jpg

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SpruceBringsteen

Bad news lads, that's Hannity on Twitter saying he's never used renowned sex pervert defender Michael Cohen, and well maybe he did, but it was for a real estate issue, and he's actually never even heard of Michael Cohen and HEY! LOOK OVER THERE! WHAT'S THAT?!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

41 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Bad news lads, that's Hannity on Twitter saying he's never used renowned sex pervert defender Michael Cohen, and well maybe he did, but it was for a real estate issue, and he's actually never even heard of Michael Cohen and HEY! LOOK OVER THERE! WHAT'S THAT?!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Haha this is tremendous because his exact words were that Cohen has "never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees".

If this were true and he really never retained him, then under normal circumstances he'd still be 99.9% likely to have complete confidentiality because no one is ever going to say, raid the lawyer's office and find whatever documents of yours the office has.

But this is that 0.1%, since the FBI already has raided Cohen's office! And now Hannity has said Cohen's not his lawyer.

So anything with Hannity's name on it? Not attorney-client privileged. After all, Hannity has come out and said Cohen's not his lawyer. What privilege?

I really hope it actually goes down like that. We're already in highly uncharted legal territory here so who knows, but either way I love it.

53 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

30708675_10156176455413363_8023403546386

He's not my lawyer :lol:

Would any sane person buy a used car from either of those sleazy-looking characters?

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Would any sane person buy a used car from either of those sleazy-looking characters?

About 40% of Americans would. So the answer's 'no'. 

I just watched Sean Hannity on tv. He stated quite bluntly that he has known Cohen for a long time he says he has never been a client of Cohen.  He goes on to say that he has discussed legal matters with Cohen, but has never received a bill, never made any payment,does not have an account He does suggest that his conversations which were confidential would still qualify for Attorney c lient privilege.  A legal expert on the program when asked was attorney client privilege justified in this case, his response was basically to laugh and say it depends on whom you ask. He opined that because the conversation was in confidence may qualify, but if I picked him up properly did say that nowhere does it say that there has to be a retainer involved to qualify a matter for attorney client privilege.  Of course the sceptics on TV and those of us here would ask why do you need it if the conversations are nothing to do with the Trump situation or Cohens alleged criminal acts.  Hannity has been reported to have had dinner with Trump at his Florida resort, and played golf with him, there does seem to be a relationship there, it seems to be felt by most that Hannity when reporting, particularly when so much is in favor of Trump transparency would require that he make some of these connections known.

In every cloud there is a silver lining, The EPA secretary Pruitt, a favored member of the Trump cabinet has been screwing the taxpayer royally with his expenses on tax payer money.  If it wasn't for all this other crap he would have been being pilloried mercilessly, instead he is carrying on as he pleases and his boss Trump gives him glowing reports.

SpruceBringsteen
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

30708675_10156176455413363_8023403546386

He's not my lawyer :lol:

"Man in awkward meeting with the special needs brother he never knew he had"

4 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I just watched Sean Hannity on tv. He stated quite bluntly that he has known Cohen for a long time he says he has never been a client of Cohen.  He goes on to say that he has discussed legal matters with Cohen, but has never received a bill, never made any payment,does not have an account He does suggest that his conversations which were confidential would still qualify for Attorney c lient privilege.  A legal expert on the program when asked was attorney client privilege justified in this case, his response was basically to laugh and say it depends on whom you ask. He opined that because the conversation was in confidence may qualify, but if I picked him up properly did say that nowhere does it say that there has to be a retainer involved to qualify a matter for attorney client privilege.  Of course the sceptics on TV and those of us here would ask why do you need it if the conversations are nothing to do with the Trump situation or Cohens alleged criminal acts.  Hannity has been reported to have had dinner with Trump at his Florida resort, and played golf with him, there does seem to be a relationship there, it seems to be felt by most that Hannity when reporting, particularly when so much is in favor of Trump transparency would require that he make some of these connections known.

In every cloud there is a silver lining, The EPA secretary Pruitt, a favored member of the Trump cabinet has been screwing the taxpayer royally with his expenses on tax payer money.  If it wasn't for all this other crap he would have been being pilloried mercilessly, instead he is carrying on as he pleases and his boss Trump gives him glowing reports.

It's all part of Trump's hidden plan to drain the swamp.  Also part of the plan is Trump's retaining control of his family businesses, and promoting those businesses at every opportunity while he's President.

And the whole thing is enabled by a compliant Congress.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's all part of Trump's hidden plan to drain the swamp.  Also part of the plan is Trump's retaining control of his family businesses, and promoting those businesses at every opportunity while he's President.

And the whole thing is enabled by a compliant Congress.

Let's not forget Trump's tax returns as well, which I presume are still being audited.

Must be the longest audit in history by now.

deesidejambo
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Let's not forget Trump's tax returns as well, which I presume are still being audited.

Must be the longest audit in history by now.

His golf courses in Scotland are losing a pile of money.   I bet he has found a way to offset that against tax in the US.

I just read a great tweet aimed at Trump by John Brennan, former Director of the CIA.

"Your kakistocracy is collapsing after its lamentable journey. As the greatest Nation history has known, we have the opportunity to emerge from this nightmare stronger & more committed to ensuring a better life for all Americans, including those you have so tragically deceived."

Kakistocracy is my favourite word of the week!  It's defined as 'government by the worst people.'

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I just read a great tweet aimed at Trump by John Brennan, former Director of the CIA.

"Your kakistocracy is collapsing after its lamentable journey. As the greatest Nation history has known, we have the opportunity to emerge from this nightmare stronger & more committed to ensuring a better life for all Americans, including those you have so tragically deceived."

Kakistocracy is my favourite word of the week!  It's defined as 'government by the worst people.'

Excellent. 

Kakistocracy certainly an excellent word.    Nikki  Hayley tells United Nations about further U.S. sanctions on Russia.  A short time later the President contradicts this, and totally embarrasses the poor woman.  Some reports suggest she is in fact quite angry about this.  I just watched a Republican congressman stating about how tough the President is on Russia and he is still working on the sanctions with Congress.  It is along time since I interviewed a suspect, and knew immediately by facial expression that not the whole truth was being told, I have to say I had a bit of a flashback when I looked right at this Congressmans face.

I suppose my political leanings would probably have made me a Republican in the States if I lived there, but this particular present group by their  constant yeilding to a bully is at the least not good and is diminishing the character and reputation of what was a fine political party. This congressman praised Trump for his strength in dealing with Russia, and his dealings with Putin. I would agree Trump portrays strength against Russia, I do however feel that the strength shown is the amount Putin allows him to show.

Edited by bobsharp

Bindy Badgy
On 4/17/2018 at 15:07, bobsharp said:

I suppose my political leanings would probably have made me a Republican in the States if I lived there, but this particular present group by their  constant yeilding to a bully is at the least not good and is diminishing the character and reputation of what was a fine political party. This congressman praised Trump for his strength in dealing with Russia, and his dealings with Putin. I would agree Trump portrays strength against Russia, I do however feel that the strength shown is the amount Putin allows him to show.

The Republican party has been going down the shitter for a long time now. They've been the party of creationism, climate change denial and voter suppression for long before Trump turned up. Trump is the symptom not the cause.

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

The Republican party has been going down the shitter for a long time now. They've been the party of creationism, climate change denial and voter suppression for long before Trump turned up. Trump is the symptom not the cause.

Bingo.

Although I'd say the symptom of the way we accept our democracy.

And the way we accept opposition to Trump the Tories etc.

Excusing bad presidency because of style etc.

The left in this country are Tory light.

Fek me the left leaning posters on here are Tory lite.

shaun.lawson
47 minutes ago, jake said:

The left in this country are Tory light.

Fek me the left leaning posters on here are Tory lite.

No, they're not. No, we're not. And just because we almost always disagree with your fantastical viewpoints doesn't make us so either.

40 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No, they're not. No, we're not. And just because we almost always disagree with your fantastical viewpoints doesn't make us so either.

Yes you are.

In fact I'd go as far as to say you defend anything if it suits your Identity politics.

Fantastical.

Why thank you.

At least I'm not constrained by the wrongthink politics you are.

You and your capping of free thought are the most debilitating and pygmy like thought process .

I'm glad to be fantastic in the face of it.

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Yes you are.

In fact I'd go as far as to say you defend anything if it suits your Identity politics.

Fantastical.

Why thank you.

At least I'm not constrained by the wrongthink politics you are.

You and your capping of free thought are the most debilitating and pygmy like thought process .

I'm glad to be fantastic in the face of it.

Not for the first time Jake, bollocks.

I'm doing no "capping of free thought" anywhere. I'm just a poster on a messageboard. But when I see ridiculous opinions, backed up by zero evidence, I will ridicule them. As will others.

Demanding evidence and fact, rather than your fantastical nonsense, is not "Tory lite". Failure to treat Russian agitprop websites as somehow on a par with legitimate, objective reportage is not "Tory lite". Failure to believe that the entire world is based on a gigantic US-controlled conspiracy is not "Tory lite". Failure to believe that the sun shines out of Putin and Assad's backsides is not "Tory lite". And viewing Donald Trump for what he is - a criminal, a fraud, a mafia boss heading a criminal family, who deserves the full force of the law to come down on him ASAP - is not "Tory lite". 

If people like you get your way into the future, society will collapse. I mean that. If we treat some drunk down the pub as having the same weight of opinion as someone who does their research and is an expert in their field, society will collapse. They have the same vote, sure - but their views are not equal in importance.

As for me: I'm on the left, I support Corbyn, I'm sick to death of the games others play to try and stop him. He represents something hugely important in Britain; a thirst for real, positive change which can benefit so many people. But being on the left does not mean I will ever swallow the drivel you excrete onto this forum. And if you don't like it, tough. 

In short:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Not for the first time Jake, bollocks.

I'm doing no "capping of free thought" anywhere. I'm just a poster on a messageboard. But when I see ridiculous opinions, backed up by zero evidence, I will ridicule them. As will others.

Demanding evidence and fact, rather than your fantastical nonsense, is not "Tory lite". Failure to treat Russian agitprop websites as somehow on a par with legitimate, objective reportage is not "Tory lite". Failure to believe that the entire world is based on a gigantic US-controlled conspiracy is not "Tory lite". Failure to believe that the sun shines out of Putin and Assad's backsides is not "Tory lite". And viewing Donald Trump for what he is - a criminal, a fraud, a mafia boss heading a criminal family, who deserves the full force of the law to come down on him ASAP - is not "Tory lite". 

If people like you get your way into the future, society will collapse. I mean that. If we treat some drunk down the pub as having the same weight of opinion as someone who does their research and is an expert in their field, society will collapse. They have the same vote, sure - but their views are not equal in importance.

As for me: I'm on the left, I support Corbyn, I'm sick to death of the games others play to try and stop him. He represents something hugely important in Britain; a thirst for real, positive change which can benefit so many people. But being on the left does not mean I will ever swallow the drivel you excrete onto this forum. And if you don't like it, tough. 

In short:

giphy.gif

Oh Shaun.

When you talk of opinion without fact I have to laugh.

You actually posted that the United States of America was nearly lost to the Russians.

And your basis .

Some internet trolls.

And Corbyn does not believe your Russian myth.

But that does not suit your narrative.

I cannae be fekt trying to point out where that comes from.

You defend things that are wrong because you are governed by dogma.

Night night .

Trump is terrified on Twitter, ranting about Stormy Daniels, and giving her lawyer what he needs to release her from that pesky NDA.  :whistling:

As for her lawyer:

"In my experience, there is nothing better in litigation than having a completely unhinged, undisciplined opponent who is prone to shooting himself in the foot."

Bindy Badgy
4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

As for her lawyer:

"In my experience, there is nothing better in litigation than having a completely unhinged, undisciplined opponent who is prone to shooting himself in the foot."

So he's dealt with Trump before?

Stormy Daniels lawyer, Michael Avenatti, just dropped some bombshell predictions to Jake Tapper on CNN.

He is confidently predicting that Michael Cohen will soon be indicted with serious criminal charges, that he will sing like a canary about his dealings with Trump over the last few years, and that Trump will have no choice but to resign the Presidency.

If the misogynist Trump were to be brought down by a whore, the irony would be delightful.

niblick1874
14 hours ago, alfajambo said:

• The Department of Justice's inspector general is reportedly investigating "classification matters" related to former FBI Director James Comey's memos.
  • Comey kept seven memos of his conversations with President Donald Trump leading up to his firing last year.
  • After he was fired, Comey gave four of the memos to his friend, Columbia University law professor Daniel Richman, to leak to the press last year.
  • At least two of the memos Comey gave to Richman contain information officials now consider to be classified, according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • The DOJ took the extraordinary step of turning Comey's memos over to Congress on Thursday.

http://www.businessinsider.com/doj-comey-memos-classified-2018-4

Just the tip of the iceberg as far as Comey is concerned. He is going down because there is no Hillaty Clinton when they need her. Them pesky paper trails eh.

Meanwhile former FBI Deputy Director McCabe, while looking at being prosecuted for leaking and lying about it is now saying that Comey told him it was ok to do it while Comye denies it. Where's Hillary when they need her. Them pesky paper trails eh.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/18/andrew-mccabe-discipline-sought-lawmakers-transpar/

Now the deep state have pushed the DNC into filing a lawsuit against Russia, Wikki leaks and everyone that had anything to do with the Trump campaign (apart from Trump) for colluding with the Russians which pure honest promise was the reason they lost the election.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/democratic-national-committee-files-lawsuit-against-russia-trump-campaign-wikileaks-1.523052

Again, the American people have figured out what is going on (an attempted coup) apart from a small minority of MSM believers that are not capable of rational thought.

The Russians are coming the Russians are coming. 

shaun.lawson

Notice how Nibs' font gets bigger and bolder in direct proportion to how much copied and pasted guff he's spouting? :gocompare:

19 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

• The Department of Justice's inspector general is reportedly investigating "classification matters" related to former FBI Director James Comey's memos.
  • Comey kept seven memos of his conversations with President Donald Trump leading up to his firing last year.
  • After he was fired, Comey gave four of the memos to his friend, Columbia University law professor Daniel Richman, to leak to the press last year.
  • At least two of the memos Comey gave to Richman contain information officials now consider to be classified, according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • The DOJ took the extraordinary step of turning Comey's memos over to Congress on Thursday.

Just the tip of the iceberg as far as Comey is concerned. He is going down because there is no Hillaty Clinton when they need her. Them pesky paper trails eh.

Meanwhile former FBI Deputy Director McCabe, while looking at being prosecuted for leaking and lying about it is now saying that Comey told him it was ok to do it while Comye denies it. Where's Hillary when they need her. Them pesky paper trails eh.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/18/andrew-mccabe-discipline-sought-lawmakers-transpar/

Now the deep state have pushed the DNC into filing a lawsuit against Russia, Wikki leaks and everyone that had anything to do with the Trump campaign (apart from Trump) for colluding with the Russians which pure honest promise was the reason they lost the election.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/democratic-national-committee-files-lawsuit-against-russia-trump-campaign-wikileaks-1.523052

Again, the American people have figured out what is going on (an attempted coup) apart from a small minority of MSM believers that are not capable of rational thought.

You are aware that Comey is lifelong Republican, right?

niblick1874
3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Notice how Nibs' font gets bigger and bolder in direct proportion to how much copied and pasted guff he's spouting? :gocompare:

Notice how shan doesn't attempt to engage in anything to do with the facts I have posted when he doesn't like, as well as wanting to distract from, those said facts. It shows you up for what you are shan, hollow. The twirly thing though, very impressive.

Show us the guff shan. 

niblick1874
22 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You are aware that Comey is lifelong Republican, right?

Yes and you would find it hard to come across a more corrupt bunch of scum than the Republicans.

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

the facts I have posted

"Where's Hillary when they need her"

Facts? Facts?!

Edited by shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, niblick1874 said:

Yes and you would find it hard to come across a more corrupt bunch of scum than the Republicans.

First thing I've ever agreed with you on. And probably the last too.

niblick1874
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

47 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

19 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Notice how shan doesn't attempt to engage in anything to do with the facts I have posted when he doesn't like, as well as wanting to distract from, those said facts. It shows you up for what you are shan, hollow. The twirly thing though, very impressive.

Show us the guff shan. 

15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

"Where's Hillary when they need her"

Facts? Facts?!

And there is shan proving my point. Hollow. A nothing. He doesn't like the truths I posted so posts nothing that contributes, nothing at all. 

Edited by niblick1874

Is Donald Trump not a Republican, is he part of this bunch of scum, I am a bit confused I somehow got the impression you were a Trump supporter.  You do seem to use the word scum a lot as a descriptive term, I take it you use it as a term of dislike. Just to be quite frank I find it a really despicable term, and that it reflects more the lack of vocabulary of the user.

To be honest, I'm having considerable difficulty in understanding the point you're trying to make in your post.

You say that Comey is going down because Clinton is not there when they need her.  Twice.  And who is "they"?

You mention pesky paper trails.  Twice.    What paper trails?

You say the Russians are coming.  Twice.  Are they really?

You say that there is an attempted coup underway.  By whom?  If you are claiming that a supposed coup is being led by some mythical 'deep state', you should provide some evidence that such an organisation exists, and has the power to overturn Presidential elections.  Otherwise it's just speculation.

My view is that there doesn't need to be a coup to get rid of Trump.  The corrupt liar will do it all by himself.

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

He doesn't like the truths I posted 

Right then Nibs. Given "the truths you posted", I have a simple proposal for you. Above, you wrote: "Comey is going down". From this, I assume you mean that Comey is going to jail. This was one of your 'truths'.

But that's cool. I bet 100 pounds sterling that he's not. That James Comey, contrary to your 'truths', is not going to jail and does not go to jail. 

You're quite fortunate I've not called you out on many other statements you've made on this thread - which stated, as apparent 'truths', that Obama is going down, and Hillary is going down, and goodness knows who else in the disease-ravaged corners of your tiny little mind is going down. That's because, contrary to what you might believe, I tend not to take that much pleasure in the verbal equivalent of kicking a blind man's walking stick away.

So I'll just focus on what you said about Comey. Given these are apparent 'truths', it should be free money for you, right? The loser of the bet pays the Foundation of Hearts 100 quid. And given you posted, as 'truth', that "Comey is going down", it is for you to name the expriry date of this bet - for you to tell us by what point he will have 'gone down'. 

Yours in sport, etc etc. :whistling: 

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

To be honest, I'm having considerable difficulty in understanding the point you're trying to make in your post.

You say that Comey is going down because Clinton is not there when they need her.  Twice.  And who is "they"?

You mention pesky paper trails.  Twice.    What paper trails?

You say the Russians are coming.  Twice.  Are they really?

You say that there is an attempted coup underway.  By whom?  If you are claiming that a supposed coup is being led by some mythical 'deep state', you should provide some evidence that such an organisation exists, and has the power to overturn Presidential elections.  Otherwise it's just speculation.

My view is that there doesn't need to be a coup to get rid of Trump.  The corrupt liar will do it all by himself.

The entire Russia collusion debacle has evaporated completely.  Ludwig Boltzmann will be smiling.

We now have Trump v The Storm and the raid on MC the lawyer to entertain.

With the Special Investigation tweeting blanks the Democrat Party have filed a suit alleging that Russia, Trump and Wikileaks conspired to disrupt the 2016 election. This should keep the narrative simmering for the next couple of years.

Come on, it’s a witch hunt isn’t it?

See the source image

4 hours ago, alfajambo said:

The entire Russia collusion debacle has evaporated completely.  Ludwig Boltzmann will be smiling.

We now have Trump v The Storm and the raid on MC the lawyer to entertain.

With the Special Investigation tweeting blanks the Democrat Party have filed a suit alleging that Russia, Trump and Wikileaks conspired to disrupt the 2016 election. This should keep the narrative simmering for the next couple of years.

Come on, it’s a witch hunt isn’t it?

See the source image

No, it isn't a witch hunt, and Trump can call it that until he's blue in the face, but it doesn't change anything.

The Russians interfered in the election to Trump's advantage.  All US intelligence services agree on that point.  If Trump truly has nothing to hide, why doesn't he turn over his tax returns to the Mueller investigation?  He won't do that, so the question is, what is he hiding?  Trump doesn't seem to realise that the Mueller investigation is the best way for him to be proven innocent, yet he's battling it every step of the way.  Why?

In recent interviews, James Comey, a lifelong Republican, has acknowledged that his announcement about re-opening the Clinton email investigation shortly before the election, when he realised that Clinton was likely to win, changed the dynamic of the election and put Trump into the White House.

If there has been a witch hunt, it was Clinton who was hunted, not Trump.  If there have been any behind-the-scenes manipulations, it was Trump who was the beneficiary.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

No, it isn't a witch hunt, and Trump can call it that until he's blue in the face, but it doesn't change anything.

The Russians interfered in the election to Trump's advantage.  All US intelligence services agree on that point.  If Trump truly has nothing to hide, why doesn't he turn over his tax returns to the Mueller investigation?  He won't do that, so the question is, what is he hiding?  Trump doesn't seem to realise that the Mueller investigation is the best way for him to be proven innocent, yet he's battling it every step of the way.  Why?

In recent interviews, James Comey, a lifelong Republican, has acknowledged that his announcement about re-opening the Clinton email investigation shortly before the election, when he realised that Clinton was likely to win, changed the dynamic of the election and put Trump into the White House.

If there has been a witch hunt, it was Clinton who was hunted, not Trump.  If there have been any behind-the-scenes manipulations, it was Trump who was the beneficiary.

:spoton:

shaun.lawson
3 hours ago, jake said:

Trouble is though, the leaks started before election day: and were aimed against Clinton. Most notably, through Rudy Giuliani, who announced what he'd been told by rogue FBI agents on FOX bloody News.

The article makes many good points. But when the leader of any country is an obvious threat to national security, and when the legislature does precisely nothing to stop him, I'm afraid the deep state does need to check this. If Corbyn becomes PM, we can probably expect something similar in Britain: especially if he does something really stupid re: Russia. 

As Gorgiewave put it the other week, states focus first and foremost on survival. And that's why this sort of deep infrastructure is in place in pretty much all major world states. 

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Trouble is though, the leaks started before election day: and were aimed against Clinton. Most notably, through Rudy Giuliani, who announced what he'd been told by rogue FBI agents on FOX bloody News.

The article makes many good points. But when the leader of any country is an obvious threat to national security, and when the legislature does precisely nothing to stop him, I'm afraid the deep state does need to check this. If Corbyn becomes PM, we can probably expect something similar in Britain: especially if he does something really stupid re: Russia. 

As Gorgiewave put it the other week, states focus first and foremost on survival. And that's why this sort of deep infrastructure is in place in pretty much all major world states. 

Deep state imo is exactly why we end up with a president such as Trump.

And why Syria happened.

And that along with the bank bailouts show that we now live under fascism.

And have done for decades.

Obviously a tin foil hat view but I make no apology for that.

At least deep state is now acknowledged.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)