Lennon leaves Hibs ( updated )

lou

23 minutes ago, Glottis said:

From Lennon's conduct in public, Hibs will easily have enough to sack him nevermind his conduct behind closed doors.

Sacking Parker on the other hand might be more tricky.

With regards the GoPros. You buy a ticket for Motherwell, you expect Motherwell and maybe even police CCTV to be monitoring home support. But for Hibs to be filming home support - dodgy as ****!

I dont understand what you are getting at with the last paragraph.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Don Dan

• sadj

• peter_hmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see Brenda was bumming up Lennon as a fantastic manager at his press conference - only a few months ago he was telling everybody he never commented on another Club! ?

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I dont understand what you are getting at with the last paragraph.

Hibs filmed the away support behind dugout, Motherwell v Hibs 23 January - in case someone threw a coin at Lennon or something  

GoPro is a mobile recording device 

Edited by Mikey1874

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs filmed the away support behind dugout, Motherwell v Hibs 23 January - in case someone threw a coin at Lennon or something  

GoPro is a mobile recording device 

You mean the HOME support ?

9 hours ago, Pagey said:

I’m guessing no way back for him and Parker now so as you say, a process will be followed with the aim of reducing the settlement amount they will agree to pay. A compromise agreement will be signed containing confidentiality clauses so his silence will be bought. 

I’d guess that a replacement, temporary or otherwise, is being lined up to step in as the process moves forward to the settlement point. Starting point is what’s left on his contract which they’ll be negotiating down based upon the findings of the investigation. Either way a costly outcome ?

My guess is that Hibs will not want to pay Lennon a single penny, and will just be looking to go through the due process and terminate his contract (for gross misconduct) when the disciplinary procedure is complete.

Hibs don’t seem to have any need of any confidentiality clause (Lennon seems to be the one who’d lose if anything was made public) or any reason why they might want to pay him anything in compensation by way of a compromise agreement.

Governor Tarkin

Wee Lenny has played a blinder here. He'd clearly lost interest at Hibs due to them not 'matching his ambitions' and wants a way out with a payoff. He has form for deploying the petted lip and getting folk to see him as the victim of the peice. The sleekit shitehawk has engineered the whole charade.

28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wee Lenny has played a blinder here. He'd clearly lost interest at Hibs due to them not 'matching his ambitions' and wants a way out with a payoff. He has form for deploying the petted lip and getting folk to see him as the victim of the peice. The sleekit shitehawk has engineered the whole charade.

By all accounts he’s lucky charges aren’t being brought against him so I think he’ll go quietly, where Hibs have a problem is what coaching staff follow him out the door...they all require a pay off!

That said all his pals from the west will tell us all how wee Neil’s been victimised and Hibs are a disgrace

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

By all accounts he’s lucky charges aren’t being brought against him 

All unsubstantiated rumours at this point, mate.

We'll see which way the die fall.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

All unsubstantiated rumours at this point, mate.

We'll see which way the die fall.

I do know what happened hopefully don’t sound like a dick saying it like that! he’s lucky hibs want it kept in house. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would have been better had he been in studio not on phone so wasn't able to debate fully with the others. 

To be fair, he has a couple of fire bombed pubs to deal with. 

Edited by Paolo

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I do know what happened hopefully don’t sound like a dick saying it like that! he’s lucky hibs want it kept in house. 

Spill the beans then ?

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Spill the beans then ?

Haha! The ‘rumours’ are pretty close to the truth...some embleshment on what he said to dempster but he was ‘out of control’ at one stage. There’s been an ongoing issue for 3 months and it all came to a head on Friday.

24 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Haha! The ‘rumours’ are pretty close to the truth...some embleshment on what he said to dempster but he was ‘out of control’ at one stage. There’s been an ongoing issue for 3 months and it all came to a head on Friday.

Certainly the story I have been told. Things have been simmering away for some time with him. When he loses it he’s apparently quite a sight to behold. 

As for the weegie press, we’ll it’ll take the heat of us for a wee while -  maybe.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

By all accounts he’s lucky charges aren’t being brought against him so I think he’ll go quietly, where Hibs have a problem is what coaching staff follow him out the door...they all require a pay off!

That said all his pals from the west will tell us all how wee Neil’s been victimised and Hibs are a disgrace

If they chose to follow him out the door they're not likely to be eligible for a pay-off.  In fact, Hibs might be able to sue them for breach of contract, depending on their terms of engagement.

If Hibs sack them that is a different matter.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Aha, ITK  :thumbsup:

No probs. His track record of tantrums and petulance would suggest that he's the villain of the piece.

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

Hagar the Horrible

It will be interesting to see how he can Victimidate hibs in all of this,  he had the full backing of Celtics very talented spin doctors, and helped by the media at Hibs.  but as his stock plummeted  and his behaviour was becoming too toxic for Hibs, it was time to go.  If TLB had walked after the Derby then he might have had a chance at another job, but any due diligence by any future club will call up Hibs and ask WTF? 

The silence from hibs is that there is an internal on-going investigation,  I would suggest that they are looking at Gross Misconduct.  But what is known and what can be proved are two polarised truths.  But the media need to very carefully step back slowly and stop defending the indefensible.  TLB is not the victim here, Hibs staff members are....but it will come out no doubt formally. And more so it only really needs Hibs to say he brings it on himself.

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I think he should get paid, not that I have love for Lennon, but because they would have even less money than they do now

Only after a very costly set of legal proceedings, please.

20 hours ago, Musemic said:

Such a stupid expression...

Was his hat a beret?

Did he Chuck it in the ring?

Presumably Lee Clark has 'No particular place to go' at the moment

I don't think Neil would come back into the game - least of all for Hibs.

18 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

So still no further on with lots of hearsay and very little confirmation.

And people talking about his job and being interested before any decision?

Interesting.

TBF, it's the press talking about his job, knowing that there's a 'big' story to be had. The potential managers are only responding to questions. Even if they said, "Leave it just now - I have no comment", the story would be "Xxxxx refuses to rule himself out of the running for Lennon's job."

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

While it wasn't without the odd speculation Paul Kane seemed to be most informed and balanced even. He rightly was on side of the fans including the lack of statement by Hibs. 

Would have been better had he been in studio not on phone so wasn't able to debate fully with the others. 

A statement from Hibs would be most unusual and, ultimately, to the detriment of Hibs fans as the club would risk being fleeced in any settlement.

No right-minded organisation would keep customers in the loop for an internal disciplinary case. 

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

And I'm sure that, at the end of it all, Hibs will still keep it in house. We won't officially know the truthful details of what went on as Hibs would then be opening themselves up to all sorts of employment law shenanigans. Once the matter's settled between Lennon and Hibs, all we'll have is unsubstantiated rumour; and I'll look forward to seeing what unsubstantiated rumour you allege on here... :D

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It will be interesting to see how he can Victimidate hibs in all of this,  he had the full backing of Celtics very talented spin doctors, and helped by the media at Hibs.  but as his stock plummeted  and his behaviour was becoming too toxic for Hibs, it was time to go.  If TLB had walked after the Derby then he might have had a chance at another job, but any due diligence by any future club will call up Hibs and ask WTF? 

The silence from hibs is that there is an internal on-going investigation,  I would suggest that they are looking at Gross Misconduct.  But what is known and what can be proved are two polarised truths.  But the media need to very carefully step back slowly and stop defending the indefensible.  TLB is not the victim here, Hibs staff members are....but it will come out no doubt formally. And more so it only really needs Hibs to say he brings it on himself.

Good word. I'm sure it has a very narrow scope for application.

Seymour M Hersh

Seems the weejie media are turning on their darlings by saying poor wee Lenny has been treated badly by those nasty Hibs people. They (the weejia) are already helping him "victimidate"! (courtesy of Hagar the Horrible:thumb:).

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aha, ITK  :thumbsup:

No probs. His track record of tantrums and petulance would suggest that he's the villain of the piece.

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

That's no gonna happen wi Lennon  manky barstand

:clyay::clyay::clyay:

the beginning of the end for Lenny. A clip I will never tire of watching. There was a lot of seethe in him here

Edited by 1971fozzy

10 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

You're right. 

But nothing more will be said. Hibs briefing the press on Friday night is all we get. 

An agreement will be made. 

10 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

TLB? The Lennon bas****?

I don't like the Dempster boot myself, can see why Lennon told her to gtf. If he added any homophobic stuff then he went too far obviously.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I don't like the Dempster boot myself, can see why Lennon told her to gtf. If he added any homophobic stuff then he went too far obviously.

With the amount of fuss he makes about sectarianism, even to the extent that he invents it where there is none, he's got a brass neck coming out with homophobic abuse when it suits him. Rather hypocritical IMO.

1 minute ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

With the amount of fuss he makes about sectarianism, even to the extent that he invents it where there is none, he's got a brass neck coming out with homophobic abuse when it suits him. Rather hypocritical IMO.

Did it happen though, or is it just Hibs way of trying to stop his compo? 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Did it happen though, or is it just Hibs way of trying to stop his compo? 

I can't see Hibs trying to stop a payout unless they have cast iron evidence. 

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

I can't see Hibs trying to stop a payout unless they have cast iron evidence. 

The whole place is probably bugged by Petrie. 

John mcCartney

its all very damaging on all parties aint it,exposed
dempster being outed by lennon,ouch
wonder if the tache is next

3 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Well, he's pretty well out if you ask me.

Image result for blue oyster bar moustache

27 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Petrie a lesbian?

36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Heard earlier that both parties are close to an agreement to officially end Lennon's tenure at Fester Road. 

Guaranteed there will be  confidentiality clauses so the lemmings might never hear the truth. 

:fth:

Petrie was out of the country when it all kicked off last week.

Dempster takes charge and Lennon ends up being treated like any other employee appraoch, suspended, investigation, no comments heading towards gross misconduct.

Tache back in the country, let's do a compensation deal.

Edited by DETTY29

Lawyers are talking at this time...deal will completed by Thursday at latest....'by mutual agreement 'job almost certainly .

A phrase that always makes me smile when it is used between club and staff

New manager to follow shortly afterwards

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Heard earlier that both parties are close to an agreement to officially end Lennon's tenure at Fester Road. 

Guaranteed there will be  confidentiality clauses so the lemmings might never hear the truth. 

FT Lemmings imho.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

As long as it costs Hibs hundreds of thousands it is good for me.

As for Lennon? "There's only one Alan Shearer...."

45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

FT Lemmings imho.

Going by hobosisterfister.yesplease they won’t believe anything the club said anyway. Lennons the innocent party and they are heartbroken he might leave but as its only a suspension its ok he might stay ?

1 hour ago, Renault said:

It might be just as much to avoid ruining Lennon's future employment prospects if he were found to be the undisputed villain of the piece.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Lawyers are talking at this time...deal will completed by Thursday at latest....'by mutual agreement 'job almost certainly .

A phrase that always makes me smile when it is used between club and staff

New manager to follow shortly afterwards

Any pointers to who the new manager might be? 

8 hours ago, Renault said:

Depends on the which coaching staff go. Obviously stig of the dump will go with his pal Lenny so that’s one if Murray or May also get punted it’ll not be cheap. I suspect it’ll just be the poor wee victimised mr misunderstood and the tramp that sits next to him.

Incoming will be Stubbs if he promises to leave the physio alone this time.

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It might be just as much to avoid ruining Lennon's future employment prospects if he were found to be the undisputed villain of the piece.

He’ll agree to go for nothing, if Hibs agree to keep the reasons confidential, and the fans and media will be told it’s by “mutual consent”.

Petrie’s idea, supposedly, Lennon’s advisors have agreed, but Dempster’s taking a bit of persuading as Lennon effectively gets off scot free....

....or so I’ve been told by a mate with a usually reliable source behind the scenes in Lochend.

14 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

He’ll agree to go for nothing, if Hibs agree to keep the reasons confidential, and the fans and media will be told it’s by “mutual consent”.

Petrie’s idea, supposedly, Lennon’s advisors have agreed, but Dempster’s taking a bit of persuading as Lennon effectively gets off scot free....

....or so I’ve been told by a mate with a usually reliable source behind the scenes in Lochend.

Dempster wants to publicise the reasons?

11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Never did Malky Mackay any harm...

15 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Do you know her?

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Dempster wants to publicise the reasons?

If what we hear as rumour is true, I would want to be clear that he has been sacked for misconduct rather than a "mutual consent" whitewash. No need to go into the specific details.

Story in The Sun (I know!) claiming he wants the statement from Hibs to absolve him and Parker of any wrongdoing.

Now, if what he is claimed to have said is true, I can imagine that Dempster might not be too happy at that.  It would be funny if she threatened to quit over the incident.