• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Don Dan

• sadj

• peter_hmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've noticed from my Hibs mates that they've all had very mixed feelings about Lennon from the start. He was a weird appointment given how famously combustible he is and how many, much more mild-mannered managers have left very pissed off with Petrie. How is Petrie still there?

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

John Collins being suggestive again.

Ftfy

You ever met him Mac?

The guy is a total tube.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They should just print a whole calendar of Lewis Stevenson pictures every year. They know he's never going to go anywhere else.

Can't really see Strachan. He's based - Southampton, is it? In the Scotland job he only had to come up to Scotland now and again, got away with not even watching potential internationals who weren't playing in the English Championship etc.

An SPFL job, even Hibs, would mean him being up here a lot and doing some work.

10 hours ago, Haken said:

I take it this is just another sectarian conspiracy? 

Know dempster had a fondness for lodges.

But dont think travel lodge had  a flute band ?

12 minutes ago, Tott said:

Know dempster had a fondness for lodges.

But dont think travel lodge had  a flute band ?

He is Ginger and Leeann has a penchant for Gingers. Is it the ginger lustre to a cluster that attracts??

I thought Ms Dempster was keen on ginger twats, too. Seriously, I can see them trying to get Scott Brown as he'd walk into their side and galvanise the fans at least for a while.

N Lincs Jambo
59 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Can't really see Strachan. He's based - Southampton, is it? In the Scotland job he only had to come up to Scotland now and again, got away with not even watching potential internationals who weren't playing in the English Championship etc.

An SPFL job, even Hibs, would mean him being up here a lot and doing some work.

Strachan is Hibs to the core though. I used to go out with his cousin (female before any of the JKB comedy club get started!) and she told me he was die-hard Hibs. Mind you that was almost 40 years ago ?

Strachan's been a Hibs manager in waiting for a long time. This seems to be the perfect chance. Would he take it seriously though? Always felt he was just phoning it in for Scotland.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Strachan's been a Hibs manager in waiting for a long time. This seems to be the perfect chance. Would he take it seriously though? Always felt he was just phoning it in for Scotland.

I would love this appointment.

8 minutes ago, Renault said:

I would love this appointment.

It would certainly be entertaining for us. He's spraffed more nonsense than any other manager around in recent years. His genetics excuse as Scotland manager was priceless.  It'll be land of the giants at Easter Rd in no time.

Pasquale for King

I hope Petrie picks the new manager, he’s useless at that. Dumpster seems to pick slightly better ones, another ex Celtic player? 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Strachan is Hibs to the core though. I used to go out with his cousin (female before any of the JKB comedy club get started!) and she told me he was die-hard Hibs. Mind you that was almost 40 years ago ?

So much so he was threatened about signing for them and went to Dundee instead, so I heard. My sister beat him up a few times at primary school apparently ?.

9 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

How many ex-managers ended up on gardening leave?  Mowbray? Fenlon? Calderwood? Stubbs?

Not Stubbs. Cup glory (but league failure) earned him a move to Rotherham. That worked well for him.  

millerjames398
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Feck me.  They will be appearing at the Chelsea flower show at this rate....

Capability Brown doesnt have a look in ,compared to their gardens?

4 hours ago, andi17 said:

Surely the bit about best points total in 144 years can't be true hopefully it is

Well the Scottish League only adopted the 3 points for a win system in 1994, and as Hibs have been mostly shite since then, it's very possible that a close 4th place finish last season is their best points total ever.  Also bear in mind that when they were last good enough to win a league title, it was an 18 team league with teams playing twice each = 34 games per season.  

35 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Well the Scottish League only adopted the 3 points for a win system in 1994, and as Hibs have been mostly shite since then, it's very possible that a close 4th place finish last season is their best points total ever.  Also bear in mind that when they were last good enough to win a league title, it was an 18 team league with teams playing twice each = 34 games per season.  

Wonder how competitive the league would be playing each other twice nowadays. You can say more competitive (this season aside) but then budgets would be different with only one home game against the bigger teams (although we rarely play Rangers at H anyway it seems?) Would travelling to Dumfries , Inverness or Dingwall in dead of winter for them versus say Aberdeen and us going there at the start or end of season offset the advantage of budgets? ??‍♂️ 

Anyway the chaos down that way could go two ways tomorrow. Could be exaccerbated by some players backing Lennon over the rest of the players , they could unite and play for each other or the ones Lennon brought in this month could be thinking wtf and eyes off the prize. The lad from Genoa said something about them showing him a presentation of what Hiba want and their ambition etc. To come in and in under a week see that you have to imagine his mind won’t be in a great place.

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Was just about the only hibbee in our year at Craigroyston

Strachan? 

So they will be replacing an ugly, wee, annoying, ginger p##ck with a chip on his shoulder that used to manage Celtic with.... Well...  an ugly, wee, annoying, ginger p##ck with a chip on his shoulder that used to manage Celtic

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

They should just print a whole calendar of Lewis Stevenson pictures every year. They know he's never going to go anywhere else.

This :lol:

Manager bigger than the club itself, some players with Lennon, their 3rd best player from last season apparently  being picked on to the extent of being bullied, other players against him, chief executive a business person who looks like wants to follow employment law and disciplinary processes to the letter of the law rather than standard 'mutual agreement'  , chairman who is desparate to be next SFA president which mwans he needs have a massive ally in the chief executive from the club whose fan base believe Lennon can do and does no wrong.

Lovely ******* jubbly.

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

It'll be another ex-Celtic player.

They'll do anything to preserve their "special relationship".

Gary Caldwell :biggrin:

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

It'll be another ex-Celtic player.

They'll do anything to preserve their "special relationship".

Dont the have some decent youth coahes who could step up to be the manager perhaps?

1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Dont the have some decent youth coahes who could step up to be the manager perhaps?

The fans won't stand for that imo.

They will want someone of at least the 'supposed' stature as Lennon.

That means Strachan which would be good as he is another who without the Celtic type finance at his back will flop.

Out of the pan into  he fire with another massive ego needing fed imo.

1 hour ago, franko1874 said:

I think they'll be in for Gary Holt 

More likely sort of appointment. Someone to manage with more limited budget. 

Edited by Mikey1874

ToadKiller Dog

Not many cheap decent out of work options out there for them. 

Can't see them Splashing the cash on sombody in a job. 

Get Duff man in. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Interestingly CL said he had a lot of time for Lennon as do the sports journalists. I've never been a fan of him but he certainty spoke his mind. If the quotes are correct he's spot on with his comments about Hibs being two bob with no ambition. Reading between the lines it looks like Hibs so called management have hung him out to dry and dodged all the bullets. Fairly typical management style of the Tache and his demented minions. 

11 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Not many cheap decent out of work options out there for them. 

Can't see them Splashing the cash on sombody in a job. 

Get Duff man in. 

Isn’t Duff Jimmy out of a job?

ToadKiller Dog

Just a shame that they likely have enough to avoid relegation. 

Gary Holt likely the only one they might go for but they would have to pay. 

Also Ian Mccall might like another go in the top league. 

N Lincs Jambo
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So much so he was threatened about signing for them and went to Dundee instead, so I heard. My sister beat him up a few times at primary school apparently ?.

Here's his Wiki page. Scroll down to Club Career with clearly states who he supported as a boy and also gives the reason why he didn't sign for Hibs despite being offered the chance by Eddie Turnbull. Ok I know it's Wiki but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Strachan

27 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Just a shame that they likely have enough to avoid relegation. 

Gary Holt likely the only one they might go for but they would have to pay. 

Also Ian Mccall might like another go in the top league. 

I think they'll do much better than that.

Lennon had clearly lost the dressing room. I expect to see an immediate improvement in Hibs' results, starting this afternoon (hope to be proved wrong), by players whose motivation will have had an enormous boost in the past 48 hours. Look at the change in Man U's performance since Mourinho left.

12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Feck me.  They will be appearing at the Chelsea flower show at this rate....

Can’t forget that genius Butcher too

celtic might start showing up for games against them now. 

I highly doubt a new manager will inspire a man utd style upturn in form tbh. 

"an allegation made that both Lennon and his assistant Garry Parker had used foul and aggressive language with Kamberi's situation at the core of the dispute between the chief executive and Lennon.

It is understood that Lennon furiously denied the charge and maintained his innocence"

Hahahaha ayeeee, Lennon would never be aggressive or use foul language. Can't believe leanne would even entertain the allegation never mind accuse him... 

Eddie May okay on radio. 

Not interested in job "never again". Not asked about refusing to take it initially. 

Says has picked best players at club.