Lennon leaves Hibs ( updated )

lou

itsnomarooned

Been given permission to speak to Tommy Wright I hear - not necessarily from a reliable source though.  That's as easy and obvious as saying Stuart Baxter for the Scotland job.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Don Dan

• sadj

• peter_hmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Been given permission to speak to Tommy Wright I hear - not necessarily from a reliable source though.  That's as easy and obvious as saying Stuart Baxter for the Scotland job.

Why would Tommy want to take a step backwards in his career?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
10 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Good choice if Tommy can make the step up to a bigger club.

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Good choice if Tommy can make the step up to a bigger club.

If Hibs make an approach for a new manager while  Lennon is still employed by Hubz then he could sue them for constructive dismissal.

Hagar the Horrible

At the end of the day,  he wont get a penny compensation, but could agree a bigger settlement under a non-disclosure agreement, thus hibs keep mum and lennon still walks with something.  The media know the truth yet the cover up will be  all things hibs bad, Lennon is the victim once again   but wont turn on him even though plenty has been leaked and its bad.   Still I think womens groups and the LGTB community should still go after him.  Hibs are doing nobody any favours by keeping it in-house,  people deserve to know even ra-peepil,  WE might even get to stop being the villains in all of this. 

Tommy Wright is not the answer for them at all so I'd be happy with that, snarling old buffoon who's only merit is being able to organise players he trusts into a dirty unit. He's been able to build a really solid group of players and coaches who he's been able to work with for years and build an understanding with, guys like Swanson, Davidson, Wotherspoon, Craig, Anderson etc. Any many more in the past

I don't see him hitting the ground running at all with hibs, he'll need a window at least to add his own group to the squad 

30 minutes ago, Prof said:

If Hibs make an approach for a new manager while  Lennon is still employed by Hubz then he could sue them for constructive dismissal.

He could,.............. but I think the deal currently being struck between both parties will include an acceptance by Lennon that hubz can begin succession planning immediately.

47 minutes ago, Prof said:

One word describes all the conspiracy and ITK theories above - drivel.

Aye? Care to tell us the truth then?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
49 minutes ago, Prof said:

That would be :sweeet:

Petrie is behind the Wright move if true. He's got a good record of picks mind you .. Blobby, Collins, Mixup, Yogi, Calderwood, Wee Paddy, Tezza... dud central. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Dempster wants to publicise the reasons?

Not specifically, but she is supposedly uncomfortable that Lennon could walk away scot free - supposedly by “mutual consent” - rather than face the consequences of his behaviour, and be dismissed for what he said/did.

52 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Aye? Care to tell us the truth then?

Twilight zone.

The suspension will be outed as never having happened.

Pity he hadn't been not suspended before our game against Dundee.

1 hour ago, Prof said:

One word describes all the conspiracy and ITK theories above - drivel.

What's wrong. Your wee runt of a manager outed as a thug and a bully not sitting well with you

Tommy Wright would be comedy gold there. As we all know the vermin think they play football ala Barcelona way, so Wright’s tactics will send them scurrying away from the compost bowl.

yes please

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Tommy Wright would be comedy gold there. As we all know the vermin think they play football ala Barcelona way, so Wright’s tactics will send them scurrying away from the compost bowl.

yes please

Can't remember the last time Hibs played football. Employing Wright will be no different. I'm sure most of them would be happy just winning like the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

At the end of the day,  he wont get a penny compensation, but could agree a bigger settlement under a non-disclosure agreement, thus hibs keep mum and lennon still walks with something.  The media know the truth yet the cover up will be  all things hibs bad, Lennon is the victim once again   but wont turn on him even though plenty has been leaked and its bad.   Still I think womens groups and the LGTB community should still go after him.  Hibs are doing nobody any favours by keeping it in-house,  people deserve to know even ra-peepil,  WE might even get to stop being the villains in all of this. 

Hibs cant say a peep at present till its resolve. I do hope the truth will out but i have my doubts.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Can't remember the last time Hibs played football. Employing Wright will be no different. I'm sure most of them would be happy just winning like the rest of us.

Ah but they have the pretense of playing flair-filled flowing football.  They've clung on to it for years despite it largely not having been true since that half season in 2005/06.

They take on Wright and even that pretense is gone.  They'd then have zero to hang on to.  "We lose, but we do it the right way", is basically their mantra.  That would be reduced to "we lose".

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

" They have not been dismissed and they have not resigned"

"and there was no wrongdoing on the part of anyone and, oh, look over there...."

:rofl:

Pasquale for King

So basically Dempster wanted to go the full way and take Lennon to court but Petrie came back and settled the dispute, mutual consent with no pay off so he doesn’t get done for homophobic remarks and ruining his career. Disgusting. Hibs Class.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

"and there was no wrongdoing on the part of anyone and, oh, look over there...."

Fair to say the vermin aren't buying this utter bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

:laugh: So he was "sacked" then basically.

Never seen such a sweep under the carpet move in my life.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ah but they have the pretense of playing flair-filled flowing football.  They've clung on to it for years despite it largely not having been true since that half season in 2005/06.

They take on Wright and even that pretense is gone.  They'd then have zero to hang on to.  "We lose, but we do it the right way", is basically their mantra.  That would be reduced to "we lose".

They played some good stuff in a few games and Sportscene went well overboard. Hoofball everytime we played them and especially this season. 

Has Wright got any Celtic convections?

Terry Butcher has unfinished business there ?

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Fair to say the vermin aren't buying this utter bullshit.

GP sounded keen to get the truth out their while sipping his beers on Saturday evening.

4 hours ago, RobNox said:

Story in The Sun (I know!) claiming he wants the statement from Hibs to absolve him and Parker of any wrongdoing.

Now, if what he is claimed to have said is true, I can imagine that Dempster might not be too happy at that.  It would be funny if she threatened to quit over the incident.

And so it comes to pass

"Neil Lennon has left Hibernian but the head coach has "not been dismissed" and has "not resigned", the Scottish Premiership club have said."

Eh?

:notsure:

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And so it comes to pass

Had to laugh at this from their official statement on the club website.

They have not been dismissed and have not resigned.

Edited by wavydavy
just saw someone beat me to it duplicate post.

Wait a minute, i'm in the same position but i'm still in a job !!

How does this work in the Myth a dome?

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Upholding the reputation of the club. 

letsmakesomenoise
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So basically Dempster wanted to go the full way and take Lennon to court but Petrie came back and settled the dispute, mutual consent with no pay off so he doesn’t get done for homophobic remarks and ruining his career. Disgusting. Hibs Class.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hayley chucks it too, after an appropriate gap!

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Oh Look a squirrel!!

image.png.822f671525b80253e1bc662b8315c8fe.png

The National Squirrel Council can confirm that this is not a squirrel, and the Squirrel in the photo can also confirm it is not a Squirrel.

We would like to wish the Squirrel all the best in finding nuts.

1 minute ago, bn jambo said:

Wait a minute, i'm in the same position but i'm still in a job !!

How does this work in the Myth a dome?

Somehow or another they seem to think that this next extract covers all eventualities.

However, Neil, Garry and the club now consider that it would be in the best interests of all parties to part amicably.

Just now, RobNox said:

So they did absolutely nothing wrong, have not been dismissed and have not resigned  :mw_confused:

Contracts expired at 16.00hrs this evening.

"Lennon also offered his thanks to "the board, the coaching staff, the players and all the fans for making the last two and a half years so enjoyable".

:vrface:        Enjoyable   :rofl:

:lenny:

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The National Squirrel Council can confirm that this is not a squirrel, and the Squirrel in the photo can also confirm it is not a Squirrel.

We would like to wish the Squirrel all the best in finding nuts.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Somehow or another they seem to think that this next extract covers all eventualities.

However, Neil, Garry and the club now consider that it would be in the best interests of all parties to part amicably.

So can the homeless guy sign on or not, if he's been sacked it would be a yes but if he quit it would be a no, It;s one or the other surely???

bn Jambo , looking out for the homeless since 2012 ;)