Lennon leaves Hibs ( updated )

lou

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

A penny for Scott Allan's thoughts just now

What would be even better would be to get those thoughts if they took a real slide and were in a relegation battle....wishful thinking I know, but this would be so good if it happened

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Don Dan

• sadj

• peter_hmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Such a stupid expression...

Was his hat a beret?

Did he Chuck it in the ring?

Presumably Lee Clark has 'No particular place to go' at the moment

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

What would be even better would be to get those thoughts if they took a real slide and were in a relegation battle....wishful thinking I know, but this would be so good if it happened

Sadly there are 3 really shite teams that wont reach their points total as it stands. Our best hope is they get cuffed in every other game than those which potentially help us. This Saturday, we don't want them to lose

4 hours ago, iainmac said:

No such thing unless Hibs want to find themselves  being sued for either breach of contract or unlawful dismissal. 

Hibs will be conducting a fact finding interview where all parties will be asked to give their version of events in writing. Only after that will any discipline charges follow. Suspending Lennon makes sure that everyone has enough time to gather facts / put their side / name witnesses etc. 

If the charge is Gross Misconduct, and he is found guilty, there are a number of options available to Hibs, including summary dismissal. Lennon will have the right to appeal. 

That's why I used the word 'allegedly '

If proved then it is an open and shut case regarding consequences. 

They (Hibs) are never going to be so stupid as to act without proof.

A key member of the Hibs board is one of the country’s top employment lawyers. To be fair she’s very good at what she does - and a Hibby, but I often think she took the directorship knowing she could hoover up all the legal work their numerous managerial appointments inevitably generate. 

So still no further on with lots of hearsay and very little confirmation.

And people talking about his job and being interested before any decision?

Interesting.

4 hours ago, Serge said:

Can someone give more details of the rumours?

Am I right to think he's thrown a chair at Leanne Dempster then made disparaging remarks about Kamberi's sexuality?

Allegedly sat on a chair whilst Dempster and Kamberi hurled sectarian abuse and threw coins at him

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Before the victim got up went about his business then afterwards admitted to the rest of the players he’d faked it

You lose respect for people.

There is an underlying ethos of honesty in football.

After his derby meltdown last season can understand some players very happy to see him gone. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

I wonder how that sits with GDPR legislation? ?

I’m sure someone will be able to tell us, the Police signed off on it but that doesn’t mean anything I suppose.

9 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure someone will be able to tell us, the Police signed off on it but that doesn’t mean anything I suppose.

Not GDPR

CCTV legislation  says you have to tell people you are recording them

Guess The Crowd
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That Daily Record article is atrocious.

Indeed. ‘I don’t know what happened, but Hibs should be ashamed of themselves.....maybe’ 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not GDPR

CCTV legislation  says you have to tell people you are recording them

Of course I forgot about that, so should they have announced it over the tannoy to cover themselves? 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I assume they can’t appoint a new manager while this is on going, if Lennon drags this out they could be managerless for months!!

They could, in theory, appoint his successor today - but it would seriously compromise the Club’s position in the event of any legal challenge to how Lennon leaves them, and with what, so they’re very unlikely to.

I’m assuming they’ve suspended him on full pay, pending possible disciplinary action (alleged gross misconduct) which could lead to termination of his contract.

They’ll carry out their fact finding (presumably this week) and if they feel there is a case to answer (!) notify Lennon in writing, inviting him to attend a disciplinary hearing.  Again, just my opinion, but I’d guess any hearing would be scheduled for no later than the middle of next week, with a descision made late next week at the latest.

If that descision is to terminate his contract, he has the right to appeal, but must have grounds to do so - which could put any final descision back another few days, but it’ll likely be at most two or three weeks in total, not months.

15 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

Cant see how this is any different than CCTV and doesnt impact GDPR as far as i can see.

it will come under CCTV notification which will be noted on your ticket.

Monitoring wont  need to specify exactly what camera equipment is used just that it is. 

Edited by Jamboelite

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I assume they can’t appoint a new manager while this is on going, if Lennon drags this out they could be managerless for months!!

Hopefully. You get the feeling Hibs are trying to save paying compensation, or at least a small amount and call it by mutual consent. Whether Lennon will want to have his say, unless the rumours are true. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course I forgot about that, so should they have announced it over the tannoy to cover themselves? 

Might be covered already as presume there are already some cameras?

A notice covers it. You'll see these in shops, banks etc. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Cant see how this is any different than CCTV and doesnt impact GDPR as far as i can see.

Hibs are not displaying written notice of the cameras, or their purpose, and will (presumably?) use the footage to try to identify individuals....

I’ve no idea of the details of either piece of legislation - it just seemed to me that what they’re doing may fall foul of one, or both, making any “evidence” they record inadmissible in court.

Another discussion for another thread perhaps.  ??

Edited by The Gasman

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might be covered already as presume there are already some cameras?

A notice covers it. You'll see these in shops, banks etc. 

Yeah probably, I don’t think we have one at my work although we used to. They won’t need to do it again though, unless they get Terry Butcher back ????.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

Hibs are not displaying written notice of the cameras, or their purpose, and will (presumably?) use the footage to try to identify individuals....

I’ve no idea of the details of either piece of legislation - it just seemed to me that what they’re doing may fall foul of one, or both, making any “evidence” they record inadmissible in court.

Sorry it was slightly off topic.

20 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

They could, in theory, appoint his successor today - but it would seriously compromise the Club’s position in the event of any legal challenge to how Lennon leaves them, and with what, so they’re very unlikely to.

I’m assuming they’ve suspended him on full pay, pending possible disciplinary action (alleged gross misconduct) which could lead to termination of his contract.

They’ll carry out their fact finding (presumably this week) and if they feel there is a case to answer (!) notify Lennon in writing, inviting him to attend a disciplinary hearing.  Again, just my opinion, but I’d guess any hearing would be scheduled for no later than the middle of next week, with a descision made late next week at the latest.

If that descision is to terminate his contract, he has the right to appeal, but must have grounds to do so - which could put any final descision back another few days, but it’ll likely be at most two or three weeks in total, not months.

You just cut & paste my earlier post Gas? ? ? 

20 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

I’m guessing no way back for him and Parker now so as you say, a process will be followed with the aim of reducing the settlement amount they will agree to pay. A compromise agreement will be signed containing confidentiality clauses so his silence will be bought. 

I’d guess that a replacement, temporary or otherwise, is being lined up to step in as the process moves forward to the settlement point. Starting point is what’s left on his contract which they’ll be negotiating down based upon the findings of the investigation. Either way a costly outcome ?

On 27/01/2019 at 17:52, merrymac said:

Met him once at a golf day.

Gave the impression he thought everyone was hanging on his every word.

Was not happy when he found out my golf handicap was much much lower than his.

Exactly how we read him too.

24 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

There's already cctv cameras in place at the stadium so it'll already be covered

39 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

?? It bored me the first time at work im happy to leave it ?

Leanne Dempster may be many things but she is definitely not stupid and when she suspended Lennon I am sure that there was good reason. Warnings are usually issued for matters that need dealing with but are not extremely serious;  so whatever occurred it must have trumped dealing with the matter  in that manner. If Lennon was unwise enough to either threaten or be abusive(verbally or non verbally) to his employers, then suspension would be almost inevitable. I bet that both parties don't want to escalate the matter more, just in case they lose and have to hand out a large payment. If Dempster has proof of misconduct,as I am sure she must have, then Lennon will begrudgingly agree to some kind of severance. 

Perhaps Lennon's cameras have turned around to bite him!!!!

Edited by Blindheart

That Jackson Daily Record article is incredible. 

There's another Record one that says Lennon wanted Christie to replace McGinn!

There's ambition etc and then there's being totally detached from reality. If he thinks that a club like Hibs can afford to replace £2/3m players with like-for-like replacements, and pay them Celtic wages, no wonder it's ended up like this for him at Hibs. No Hearts manager would expect to replace Calum Paterson, Steven Naismith or John Souttar with a like-for-like replacement. The aim is to find someone who COULD end up as good within our budget and develop them. Lennon seems to have gone to Hibs with a Celtic manager's mindset - buy rather than develop players. Big mistake from the Hibs board yet again.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Guess who very supportive of NL management style on sportsound ?

Did Kano just day that Gauld, Mallan, Kamberi, McLaren etc "weren't Lenny's signings"?? 

Glossed over by the panel. 

Best scenario would be disciplinary action to fail and Lennon back in as manager.....players in revolt...manager who can't stand players...board who want rid of manager....carnage at the San Giro.....

19 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

Leanne Dempster may be many things but she is definitely not stupid and when she suspended Lennon I am sure that there was good reason. Warnings are usually issued for matters that need dealing with but are not extremely serious;  so whatever occurred it must have trumped dealing with the matter  in that manner. If Lennon was unwise enough to either threaten or be abusive(verbally or non verbally) to his employers, then suspension would be almost inevitable. I bet that both parties don't want to escalate the matter more, just in case they lose and have to hand out a large payment. If Dempster has proof of misconduct,as I am sure she must have, then Lennon will begrudgingly agree to some kind of severance. 

I get the impression that what was alleged was serious enough on its own to warrant dismissal, or perhaps if there were previous indiscretions, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

That said, a club would be unwise to act without careful consideration because, in addition to legal aspects, they also have moral responsibilities as a good employer.  The suspension therefore gives breathing space to collate the full case details and satisfy themselves that any dismissal is both legally and morally justified/watertight.  The result of these enquiries could of course vindicate Lennon or at least give him a stay of execution.

42 minutes ago, Macros said:

I was expecting Rodgers to actually wipe a tear from his eye as he gave his eulogy on Lennon at his press conference. 

Cringe material.

And from what I've heard Celtic were glad to be shot.

16 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Best scenario would be disciplinary action to fail and Lennon back in as manager.....players in revolt...manager who can't stand players...board who want rid of manager....carnage at the San Giro.....

Aye just for starters.

Let's hear yer main menu of misery.

?

1 hour ago, jake said:

Aye just for starters.

Let's hear yer main menu of misery.

?

How about them being relegated, with Big Craig and the lads smashing them in the Cup Final for dessert? 

1 hour ago, jake said:

Cringe material.

And from what I've heard Celtic were glad to be shot.

Celtic squeezed him out .

Desmond etc are serious , ruthless operators . Lennon did not fit how they perceive Celtic on the world stage .

Fortunately browny and their moronic fans always manage to put things in perspective

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Did Kano just day that Gauld, Mallan, Kamberi, McLaren etc "weren't Lenny's signings"?? 

Glossed over by the panel. 

While it wasn't without the odd speculation Paul Kane seemed to be most informed and balanced even. He rightly was on side of the fans including the lack of statement by Hibs. 

Would have been better had he been in studio not on phone so wasn't able to debate fully with the others. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Blindheart said:

That would be delicious irony hahahaha ?

52 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Celtic squeezed him out .

Desmond etc are serious , ruthless operators . Lennon did not fit how they perceive Celtic on the world stage .

Fortunately browny and their moronic fans always manage to put things in perspective

Bit more meaty than that mate.

But aye he ruffled the wrong feathers.

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

How about them being relegated, with Big Craig and the lads smashing them in the Cup Final for dessert? 

A little generous with the sweet for my liking .

Out next round from Raith as a base sauce.

And us mathematically relegating them.

Sluuuuyyyrrrrrrp

From Lennon's conduct in public, Hibs will easily have enough to sack him nevermind his conduct behind closed doors.

Sacking Parker on the other hand might be more tricky.

With regards the GoPros. You buy a ticket for Motherwell, you expect Motherwell and maybe even police CCTV to be monitoring home support. But for Hibs to be filming home support - dodgy as ****!