Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Don Dan

• sadj

• peter_hmfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That's just Kamberi and Shaw as strikers plus a couple of youngsters - looking like Hibs are skint

Or the boy McNulty is coming in. 

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That's just Kamberi and Shaw as strikers plus a couple of youngsters - looking like Hibs are skint

They seem confident of getting mcnulty in, which is weird considering he'll cost 750k and they have no manager

1 minute ago, Barack said:

McNulty is a rabid one though, isn't he?

Chances are, he'll play for a DVD copy of Sunshine On Leith.

Aaah, I didn't know that, explains everything

Thought Police

They were all begging for MacLaren to re-sign in the Summer as well. I always thought he looked mediocre but had chances put on his plate by a great midfield. He huffed and puffed against us.

50 minutes ago, Barack said:

Fairly sure he was claimed as being, when his name was touted on here many moons ago.

Decent enough player. Lack of forwards a concern though...

:jj:

I see they've got him on loan

Hayley: So Neil what do you need in the January window...

Lennon: I need 2 centre half’s as good as Berra and Souttar, a defensive midfielder as good as Harring, a creative midfielder as good as stevie Naismith and a striker as big and powerful as Uche to work with Mclaren and Kamberi, and we’ve signed Scott Allan right?

Hayley: Hi Neil I’ve got your signings they are all on loan tho... we got you a guy who can’t get a game for Motherwell, a teenager from Leicester and Mark McNulty not the golfer an actual football player apparently, Erm...Scotty Allany has signed but he’s staying at Celtic for now as he’s a wee bit embarrassed at coming back again...oh and one other thing we eh we got rid of that McLaren....how’s that Lenny boy just what you asked for...

Lennon: **** you and your tin pot club ya big **** (throws chair, slams door and punches Kamberi in the face walking out ER, he gets in his car and leaves)

Its all so clear now...

Edited by Rudy T

Bazzas right boot

Apparently contract paid in full for him and his assistant. 

Lennon is now a good guy. 

34 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Apparently contract paid in full for him and his assistant. 

Lennon is now a good guy. 

Would love to know what actually happened .

Hibs had decided to get rid of Lennon on , or before , Friday morning . This was known by , at least some , media

people .

Then we get told Lennon went berserk attacked player(s) , verbally abused Dempster etc . 

Hibs then suspend him . Again we know that to be true .

It then appeared that Hibs had a great case to get rid of him for nothing ?

Hibs pay him off in full .

Something doesn't make sense

Edited by johnthomas

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Hibs had decided to get rid of Lennon on , or before , Friday morning . This was known by , at least some , media

people .

Then we get told Lennon went berserk attacked player(s) , verbally abused Dempster etc . 

Unless, as has been suggested, Hibs had spoken to a possible replacement for Lennon before all this kicked off, and he’s found that out..?  

That could, potentially at least, give him a case for claiming constructive dismissal had they sacked him, and might explain why they’ve paid him. 

The Old Tolbooth

What I heard was that the Hibs board were getting a bit sick of him continually asking for more funds for players and have been wanting rid of him for a while, and so any little excuse they could use was going to be used to prise him out the door. I personally don't see anything wrong with that from Lennon's point of view, however we all know how much of a petulant little child the man can be so god only knows how he conducted himself whilst asking for extra funds, and what/how many players he threw under the bus at the same time. I reckon that's why they've come to an amicable agreement that seems to suit everyone, although Tom English is definitely sticking to his "not everyone is happy out of this deal" mantra however, but won't expand on it. Either way, Hibs have handled this supremely poorly and don't come out of this looking good at all. 

15 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Hibs being linked with John Carver, ex-Newcastle

From Wiki...

"On 26 January, it was confirmed that Carver had been appointed temporary head coach until the end of the 2014–15 season.[ During his spell as caretaker manager, he had accrued three losses and a draw in all competitions. Five days after Carver was named the temporary head coach until the end of the season, he won his first match on 31 January, against Hull City.[ From 4 March to 2 May, he oversaw a run of eight successive league defeats, a club record for Newcastle in the Premier League. Despite such heavy losses, Carver still believed that he was "the best coach in the Premier League",[though he later claimed that his words were taken out of context by the media after receiving widespread hilarity for his statement."

Sounds ideal

he used to coach my grandson at Newcastle boys. He certainly is not someone to have a go at. Having said that he has no track record as a manager really so might be fun

scott herbertson
35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

he used to coach my grandson at Newcastle boys. He certainly is not someone to have a go at. Having said that he has no track record as a manager really so might be fun

No problem - i do remember his time at Newcastle and the media slaughtered him rather unfairly I thought. But it's not a great track record and i wish Hibs the worst luck possible!

chester copperpot

He must have something on Petrie or Dempster as I was told 100% that it was totally his fault that he was suspended.

For Hibs to pay up his contract in full makes no sense what so ever.

I don't think we've heard the last of this

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

people .

I get that.

But to move on quickly and avoid bad publicity it makes sense to do  deal. Lennon's lawyer would certainly be making a strong case. 

Petrie perhaps most involved. But Dempster has also been keen to protect Hibs' reputation. 

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Did they pay up his contract? Total shambles that club.

Apparently so.

Using £250k as a rough figure for his salary, he still had a year and a half left in his contract, so potentially they have had to fork out £375k and that's not including Gary Parker.

8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

and that's not including Gary Parker.

He got his wages in White Lightning and turps so probably not too expensive. 

10 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Apparently so.

Using £250k as a rough figure for his salary, he still had a year and a half left in his contract, so potentially they have had to fork out £375k and that's not including Gary Parker.

That payout probably is why they had to withdraw the Ambrose offer last night. Dempster doing a great job, carry on love.

Edited by JackLadd

20 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That payout probably is why they had to withdraw the Ambrose offer last night. Dempster doing a great job, carry on love.

Probably why they never got Allan either.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Even worse if it's all in one payment rather than continuing monthly payments till end of contract. 

Normally the deal would be that they're kept on the payroll until they get another job rather than actually paid up in advance. 

the jambo poet
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Normally the deal would be that they're kept on the payroll until they get another job rather than actually paid up in advance. 

Nothing normal about any of this...I can see Lennon demanding the money up front to keep schtum

On 31/01/2019 at 09:17, TheBigO said:

For all Levein divides opinion and he riles people across the Scottish game, he isn't odious, he isn't aggressively or politically provocative.  We wouldn't have someone like that at our club, frankly, another reason ROd is not fit for purpose on the national stage. 

I think a fair chunk of our support would be happy if we appointed a politically provocative manager.

We also employed a sex offender, with our fans unfurling a banner saying "15 but she looked 18".

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Hayley: So Neil what do you need in the January window...

Lennon: I need 2 centre half’s as good as Berra and Souttar, a defensive midfielder as good as Harring, a creative midfielder as good as stevie Naismith and a striker as big and powerful as Uche to work with Mclaren and Kamberi, and we’ve signed Scott Allan right?

Hayley: Hi Neil I’ve got your signings they are all on loan tho... we got you a guy who can’t get a game for Motherwell, a teenager from Leicester and Mark McNulty not the golfer an actual football player apparently, Erm...Scotty Allany has signed but he’s staying at Celtic for now as he’s a wee bit embarrassed at coming back again...oh and one other thing we eh we got rid of that McLaren....how’s that Lenny boy just what you asked for...

Lennon: **** you and your tin pot club ya big **** (throws chair, slams door and punches Kamberi in the face walking out ER, he gets in his car and leaves)

Its all so clear now...

Who's Hayley?

1 hour ago, the jambo poet said:

Nothing normal about any of this...I can see Lennon demanding the money up front to keep schtum

Manager falls foul of club hierarchy, leaves "by mutual consent"

It's the most normal story in the football world mate, only the fine detail is different

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Darren said:

I think a fair chunk of our support would be happy if we appointed a politically provocative manager.

We also employed a sex offender, with our fans unfurling a banner saying "15 but she looked 18".

Who's Hayley?

Thanks for asking.  I'd love to know too but assumed my stupidity would be exposed for not knowing it.

So - who IS Hayley??

11 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thanks for asking.  I'd love to know too but assumed my stupidity would be exposed for not knowing it.

So - who IS Hayley??

It's a very poor attempt to be funny saying Dempster looks like Hayley Cropper from Corrie. 

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Even still, it has the potential to cost Hibs about half a million quid, while they fork out all over again for another management team.  ?

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The one person definitely not happy is Leeanne Dempster.

Sacked their management team on her own initiative with Petrie out the country for no reason costing them circa 500k. Carry on love. Doing a great job. 

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sacked their management team on her own initiative with Petrie out the country for no reason costing them circa 500k. Carry on love. Doing a great job. 

Sacked? I don't think so. She is the CEO of Hibernian. She suspended a bully. Petrie payed them off. She was undermined in the end. She will walk away and Hibs will have lost a very good CEO.

Dunno if she is any good or not, I suspect the reason they have had to pay Lennon up is to do with the suspension possibly being against some HR rules, which he would have been able to sue over, but I do agree that she has been seriously undermined and I expect her to be offski soon, again with a golden handshake.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Could we not offer Parker a job in hospitality?  Looks to me as if that would be right up his street.

looks the part par.png.10e54f17fa38a67bac09f771917b80a8.png

8 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Apparently so.

Lennon will very possibly have been getting more than that. I remember Peter Houston wanted 200k to manage D Utd.

2 hours ago, The Gasman said:

Even still, it has the potential to cost Hibs about half a million quid, while they fork out all over again for another management team.  ?

o-HIGH-FIVE-facebook.jpg

100% factually correct with the following.

Heated team meeting was overheard by Dempster in an adjacent room and Lennon was immediately suspended by LD when he walked in for his weekly Friday meeting.

Petrie came back looked and the facts and Hibs had no grounds to suspend resulting in both Lennon & Parker’s contract being paid in full. 

Dempster furious with the board. 

Edited by PTBCAL

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

100% factually correct with the following.

Heated team meeting was overheard by Dempster in an adjacent room and Lennon was immediately suspended by LD when he walked in for his weekly Friday meeting.

Petrie came back looked and the facts and Hibs had no grounds to suspend resulting in both Lennon & Parker’s contract being paid in full. 

Dempster furious with the board. 

Sounds very feasible , but doesn’t change the fact he is an odious, vile, snarling,attention seeking, bully whom i dislike . ?

Edited by Meadows

Poor wee Lenny was driven out of the club by the sectarian hatred he suffered at the hands of the “HUNBERNIAN” supporters.

:sob:

6C299DCB-CCA4-4E6E-9275-F2D3C8F24F18.png

05D2C54B-D1E8-4007-849E-E854AB44FBDF.png

joondalupjambo

I like Leann's latest comment, quoted on the BBC sport website.

"I understand supporters want to know - it's their club - but there's been a joint statement that's been agreed by all parties and we are really not saying anything beyond that".

In other words shut the f up and we will tell you what we want to tell you and if that means as loyal supporters you do not get the truth so be it.   Not a good tactic that one as it will no doubt come back and bite Hibs when crowds dwindle and income reduces.  Guess the truth is covered by non disclosure agreements on both sides, even saying that would be better than that quote I would have thought.

28 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I like Leann's latest comment, quoted on the BBC sport website.

"I understand supporters want to know - it's their club - but there's been a joint statement that's been agreed by all parties and we are really not saying anything beyond that".

In other words shut the f up and we will tell you what we want to tell you and if that means as loyal supporters you do not get the truth so be it.   Not a good tactic that one as it will no doubt come back and bite Hibs when crowds dwindle and income reduces.  Guess the truth is covered by non disclosure agreements on both sides, even saying that would be better than that quote I would have thought.

She’s the ringleader of the #hunbernian conspiracy against catholics:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?337437-Fans-fighting&p=5700425#post5700425

...a bit disco

I've now got that old Radio Forth ad rattling about my napper.

"Hibees, Hunbernian."

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Poor wee Lenny was driven out of the club by the sectarian hatred he suffered at the hands of the “HUNBERNIAN” supporters.

:sob:

6C299DCB-CCA4-4E6E-9275-F2D3C8F24F18.png

05D2C54B-D1E8-4007-849E-E854AB44FBDF.png

I wonder how he wants "Boom Town Hibeys" to be pronounced. 

Dear Neil Lennon,
I loved you as a player at Leicester. Alongside Gary Parker, Muzzy Izzett, & Robbie Savage you made the greatest LCFC midfield ever!
However you left!
You transgressed big time! As a player at Celtic I forgave you!
But ....
Your behaviour as manager at Celtic and most recently Hibernian was upsetting! I developed contempt for you, you lost all my respect!
However today (Sunday 10th Feb) at Wembley vs Spurs ...
I forgive you! You cheered when Leicester scored and when spurs scored their 3rd goal you held your head in your hands. At that point I knew you were a true Fox!
I thought it was great that you were at the match with your son and watched it all, there’s nothing better than a father taking their son to a match. And it’s great that you wanted and were able to sit with the regular fans.
All I can say is .... Neil welcome back to the Fox family!
Love JamboFox

PS I’m sure Craig Levein is already missing you!

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Dear Neil Lennon,
I loved you as a player at Leicester. Alongside Gary Parker, Muzzy Izzett, & Robbie Savage you made the greatest LCFC midfield ever!
However you left!
You transgressed big time! As a player at Celtic I forgave you!
But ....
Your behaviour as manager at Celtic and most recently Hibernian was upsetting! I developed contempt for you, you lost all my respect!
However today (Sunday 10th Feb) at Wembley vs Spurs ...
I forgive you! You cheered when Leicester scored and when spurs scored their 3rd goal you held your head in your hands. At that point I knew you were a true Fox!
I thought it was great that you were at the match with your son and watched it all, there’s nothing better than a father taking their son to a match. And it’s great that you wanted and were able to sit with the regular fans.
All I can say is .... Neil welcome back to the Fox family!
Love JamboFox

PS I’m sure Craig Levein is already missing you!

:lol:

Fair enough.