Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

It's been blindingly obvious for a while that we wont improve until we got Naismith and one of the target man strikers back in the team.     We've got Naismith now but we wont have Vanecek or Ikpeazu until after the break.

It was always the case that we were limping on until that time.    Little has changed.    It's another couple of games to go and hopefully some points.    Then it's the recovery mission post-break.     Unfortunately too late to challenge at the top but we could still stay in the mix for 3rd/4th.     We'll also be better placed in time for the cup.

There's really no point in having a mass breakdown because we're not there yet.     We can't speed up time.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Enzo Chiefo

I've  backed Craig and Austin but in all honesty it's never going to work My view is that they will always do just enough to keep themselves in a job . 

We will never win anything under this regime until Ann  steps down in afraid as she'll never get rid of Craig as long as he is pulling out the odd good run she's not got the bottle for it . 

Mediocrity in the footballing side awaits us . 

Levein doesn't coach so we are hardly going to get better.  For the sake of the kids and the first team he and his dinosaur ways need to go

12 minutes ago, campbell said:

So you’ve decided to looking at the last 10 games to fit your argument and not the whole season, sound.  well I do the opposite from you and say 8 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat means we are competitive! 

There’s a difference between ambition and the entitlement of so many  Hearts fans who think winning against “lesser teams” is a given. 

In the last ten games we have lost 8 Drawn 1 and Won 1 That is relegation form

Since the beginning of the season we have won 9 Drawn 3 Lost 7 That is mid table form nothing else. Competitive dont make me laugh!!

Entitlement to winning? You have to fight and battle for every point. Something over the last ten games we have failed to do spectacularly.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make, other than you are not unhappy with the current situation.

17 minutes ago, campbell said:

So you’ve decided to looking at the last 10 games to fit your argument and not the whole season, sound.  well I do the opposite from you and say 8 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat means we are competitive! 

There’s a difference between ambition and the entitlement of so many  Hearts fans who think winning against “lesser teams” is a given. 

You seem to be forgetting that the start of the season was actually the "blip" not the results that we are seeing now. Nothing much has changed in terms of the shape of the team, the signings and the slow, pedestrian passing game under Neilson, Cathro and now Levein. There is a common factor and he needs to go if we want to progress as a club. AB may well need him as a comfort blanket but, in the end, the fans will decide when he goes. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The next manager 100% has to be his own man with his own staff and there can be no CL hanging around. 

Of course, Levein can still prove to be the right man. He’s got the rest of the season but finishing outside the top 4 would be unacceptable and we’d have to change it. 

That's it, if we don't finish top 4 at end of season then there will be a change in the summer. 

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We've toothless in attack and lack any creativity. Losing Naismith and Uche shouldn't have resulted in us turning into one of the worst outfits in the league. Who do we have to cover for them? A bunch of duds. Levein is solely to blame for not having decent back up. We've wasted so much funds.

Lack of decent cover is what has hurt us the most. Surely you see that?

But folk STILL bang on about injuries to CBs, even today. Seriously, that Dons side is bang average and Hearts didn't lay a glove on them today.  The squad is full of poor , poor players. 

3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

In the last ten games we have lost 8 Drawn 1 and Won 1 That is relegation form

Since the beginning of the season we have won 9 Drawn 3 Lost 7 That is mid table form nothing else. Competitive dont make me laugh!!

Entitlement to winning? You have to fight and battle for every point. Something over the last ten games we have failed to do spectacularly.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make, other than you are not unhappy with the current situation.

In the first ten games we won 8 drew 1 and lost 1 that is top 4 form, so we are just using stats to fit into our arguments, my point is whilst recent form has been terrible we have shown that we are competitive in the league (when we have a full fit squad)  you argued in your original comment that we aren’t I was merely showing that overall we are competitive. 

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You seem to be forgetting that the start of the season was actually the "blip" not the results that we are seeing now. Nothing much has changed in terms of the shape of the team, the signings and the slow, pedestrian passing game under Neilson, Cathro and now Levein. There is a common factor and he needs to go if we want to progress as a club. AB may well need him as a comfort blanket but, in the end, the fans will decide when he goes. 

Jesus Christ I’ve heard it all now! Good results were the blip, ok then. Im not forgetting anything cause I don’t think they were a blip I think we played good high intensity football with a fully fit squad something I look forward to seeing in the new year. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If our decline continues after the break then it’s time for a decision. We’re not at that point yet imo. 

This is correct 

want to give cl the rest of the season - if we are where we are come the end of the season and still not gelling then it's time for a change 

it would be rash to get rid of him now considering he had us flying high at the top of the league a few months ago 

if our recent run of form is directly down to his management than our form at the start of the season was also down to his management - or at least that's how I see it 

think most folk who wants to give CL the whole season believes that losing the key players over that period has directly Affected our form - those who don't believe that it is down to the manager and not the injuries - it's that simple 

i didn't even believe we would have took something from this game - naisy will take time to gel and get back in to it - it was too much to expect him to make an immediate impact up there 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No good manager will work under our setup. It’s Levein or someone from his nursery. 

Need to question the shelf life of this charlatan.

7 minutes ago, campbell said:

In the first ten games we won 8 drew 1 and lost 1 that is top 4 form, so we are just using stats to fit into our arguments, my point is whilst recent form has been terrible we have shown that we are competitive in the league (when we have a full fit squad)  you argued in your original comment that we aren’t I was merely showing that overall we are competitive. 

We are 5th in the League. If you think that is competitive, then good for you.

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But folk STILL bang on about injuries to CBs, even today. Seriously, that Dons side is bang average and Hearts didn't lay a glove on them today.  The squad is full of poor , poor players. 

Couldn't agree more but some other folk can't see the wood for the trees

2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

We are 5th in the League. If you think that is competitive, then good for you.

Wasn’t aware the season ended today 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, campbell said:

Not sure where I said we were garbage or mediocre or we should all happy clap together, very odd post! 

Im guessing it’s in reference to me saying the entitled think we are bigger and better than we really are, this at no point says we need to accept this I’m a merely saying there are far too many fans who think we shouldn’t be losing to “lesser teams” in the league when history shows we consistently lose to smaller teams, much like ever team outside the old firm

Losing the odd game to the lesser teams happens.  Winning one in ten is pathetic and shouldn’t happen even with a few injuries.  We shouldn’t be worse than the likes of Dundee and St Mirren over a ten game sequence but we are.  That’s where we are now. 

We should be able to cope much better with 3 or 4 injuries.  I don’t expect us to be still competing with Celtic but I don’t expect us to be bottom of the current form table either.   Levein signed 18 players in the summer, most are looking like duds and he has to carry the can for that.  I’m not saying he should go but he has to qualify for Europe.  If not, that would be a failure and time for someone else.

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Losing the odd game to the lesser teams happens.  Winning one in ten is pathetic and shouldn’t happen even with a few injuries.  We shouldn’t be worse than the likes of Dundee and St Mirren over a ten game sequence but we are.  That’s where we are now. 

We should be able to cope much better with 3 or 4 injuries.  I don’t expect us to be still competing with Celtic but I don’t expect us to be bottom of the current form table either.   Levein signed 18 players in the summer, most are looking like duds and he has to carry the can for that.  I’m not saying he should go but he has to qualify for Europe.  If not, that would be a failure and time for someone else.

I don’t have exact stats but im sure we have gone on runs similar to this in the past so again shows it does happen, 

3 or 4 injuries sure we should be able to cope,  but 4 injuries to arguable 4 of the 5 best players at the start of the season and 2 of the most influential players in the squad is totally different but let’s not allow truth to get in the way of your argument! 

Were they all duds when we won our first 8 games? 

Edited by campbell

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, campbell said:

I don’t have exact stats but im sure we have gone on runs similar to this in the past so again shows it does happen, 

3 or 4 injuries sure we should be able to cope,  but 4 injuries to arguable 4 of the 5 best players at the start of the season and 2 of the most influential players in the squad is totally different but let’s not allow truth to get in the way of your argument! 

Most of them are proving to be duds, yes.  Uche and Naismith, along with the clean sheets the defence were keeping, were key to that start, as we scraped a lot of these results rather than blowing teams away.

Prizes don’t get handed out after 10 games though and time will tell, but imo it will prove to have been another false start just like when we won the first 5 games after we got promoted under Neilson.

Keep your head in the sand though and keep accepting the medriocity.

And we didn’t win our first 8 games but don’t let facts get in the way of your argument.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

44 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

That's it, if we don't finish top 4 at end of season then there will be a change in the summer. 

I don’t think there will be mate

He isn’t up to the job the football is eye bleeding stuff ( when was the last time someone got past the defender and crossed for a goal )

Tactis are crap hasn’t a clue what he is doing with the budget we have we should be 3rd or close to it but at least try and play football not this boring stuff week in week out 

Stopped going now it’s just dreadful 

last 10 games 8 defeats 1 draw and 1 win that is beyond belief and seriously worrying 

Edited by NB GIN

If we can somehow scrape wins against Hamilton and Hibs then I reckon we would still be in a good position. Assuming Celtic win at Pittodrie we would be at most three points behind Aberdeen going into the break. Given all that’s gone on in the past couple of months that would represent a reasonable foundation on which to attack the second part of the season. 

While our play has often been grim to watch there have been hopeful signs - we certainly played as well as Kilmarnock in the recent game and did not deserve to lose. 

What is needed more than anything is some positivity and confidence. It’s up to the manager to foster those feelings and create a system and environment that gets the players enjoying playing again.

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, campbell said:

Of our long term injuries, Berra, Soutar and Naisy were here last season. It says a great deal about the summer recruitment that those brought in just haven't coped over the last ten games. I'd give Levein until the split and if we are still meandering along then it needs to change.

50 minutes ago, campbell said:

Yep, nope nope and nope 

Foh will be majority stake holder 

Anne won’t leave straight away 

I don’t see why there would be a new board,

The FOH have made it clear they will have no say in the running of the club it will be there to provide funding to the club and that’s it the board will continue to run the club as a separate entity to FOH 

Budge has said “the club will need governance “ after FoH running. This means she obviously thinks she is the “man” for the job.

I want a new CEO and football management team. This is WHY FoH exist,  to stop us sliding back to the abyss...

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Most of them are proving to be duds, yes.  Uche and Naismith, along with the clean sheets the defence were keeping, were key to that start, as we scraped a lot of these results rather than blowing teams away.

Prizes don’t get handed out after 10 games though and time will tell, but imo it will prove to have been another false start just like when we won the first 5 games after we got promoted under Neilson.

Keep your head in the sand though and keep accepting the medriocity.

You can’t see the irony in this! Unreal comment to just ruin your whole argument, so I’m not allowed to use the first 10 games to show we are a decent team on a very bad run of form but you can use the last 10 to say we are doomed and my head is in the sand. 

Again with the duds comment you are using the last 10 games, yet in the first 10 games the majority looked like very good signings so which one is it?? I’m guessing it will be the one that fits your personal agenda and by the sounds of it yours is you hate Levein so right now you must be delighted 

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Who would you replace him with?

with Me I could do a better job than him lol !!!!!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, S Form said:

If we can somehow scrape wins against Hamilton and Hibs then I reckon we would still be in a good position. Assuming Celtic win at Pittodrie we would be at most three points behind Aberdeen going into the break. Given all that’s gone on in the past couple of months that would represent a reasonable foundation on which to attack the second part of the season. 

While our play has often been grim to watch there have been hopeful signs - we certainly played as well as Kilmarnock in the recent game and did not deserve to lose. 

What is needed more than anything is some positivity and confidence. It’s up to the manager to foster those feelings and create a system and environment that gets the players enjoying playing again.

That’s a fair summary but just can’t see see anything other than another Hearts nil at Easter Road.  Might be enough to get a point if we’re lucky.

Today was the day where Levein had to get back up after being slapped to the floor last week, Naismith rushed back to try and salvage some pride and again we were a disgrace, beat after about 60 seconds, barely a shot on target, if any, constant fouls and another red card.

It's over.

54 minutes ago, campbell said:

Yep, nope nope and nope 

Foh will be majority stake holder 

Anne won’t leave straight away 

I don’t see why there would be a new board,

The FOH have made it clear they will have no say in the running of the club it will be there to provide funding to the club and that’s it the board will continue to run the club as a separate entity to FOH 

FFS you just deliberately being pedantic and moving things off topic.

Sooner Levein goes the better, only chance that will only happen is when Ann stops calling the shots.

So yes, that coincides when FOH take control, Now bore off and put your Craig Levein pyjamas on.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If anyone other than him had said it then a lot more people would have agreed. 

Each passing week is proving him right. 

Davies is an arsehole, and I don’t want him anyway near us.   

You are right, though, that does not make him wrong on this specific point. 

3 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Of our long term injuries, Berra, Soutar and Naisy were here last season. It says a great deal about the summer recruitment that those brought in just haven't coped over the last ten games. I'd give Levein until the split and if we are still meandering along then it needs to change.

Really they haven’t coped, I’m shocked, talk about stating the obvious. I think most clubs at our level would struggle with the injuries. I don’t think that has anything to do with the summer recruitment IMO. We’ve had to rely on several players who were always meant to be squad players or players who had potential in the future but we have had to throw them in at the deep end unforntunalty them all playing together has meant they have struggled, to say they are duds or the recruitment was poor for me is a bit harsh  I seen enough at the start of the season to make me think we have a good squad 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If I could be arsed I'd post a poll. But I'm not.

Not far away from that happening. A nightmare v Hamilton and I think we may well see one.

Likewise haven't heard a chant of "What a load of rubbish" in over 30 years but it's coming

11 minutes ago, TNCASTLE said:

Budge has said “the club will need governance “ after FoH running. This means she obviously thinks she is the “man” for the job.

I want a new CEO and football management team. This is WHY FoH exist,  to stop us sliding back to the abyss...

So the FOH exist to sack the manager and the board? That’s not why I pay into it and like I have said we will not have the power to do this so it’s 100% not why the FOH exist. You can carry on thinking this but you are going to be disappointed when we take over

9 minutes ago, jockmac said:

FFS you just deliberately being pedantic and moving things off topic.

Sooner Levein goes the better, only chance that will only happen is when Ann stops calling the shots.

So yes, that coincides when FOH take control, Now bore off and put your Craig Levein pyjamas on.

Ooh touched a nerve! I’m not going off topic I was responding to a poster talking about the FOH being able to sack the board and Levein once they take over so it’s relevant to the top 

another one who thinks budge will leave when the foh take over you do realise she will still have a stake in the club after we take over do you think she’ll just walk out! Also when we take over the same board will be in place as before we took over so if they support Levein then no he won’t be sacked. The FOH will has a boar member and that’s it they won’t be able to force anyone to be sacked! Read the bloody governance proposal 

aww I can’t they are in the washing, is my Austin McPhee ones ok instead? 

How are the folk on this forum going to defend Levein when results don’t improve after Souttar and Uche are back?  The man is a master at deflecting criticism and most of the time he does it by blaming referees.  We shouldn’t be relying on penalties every game to score a goal or clean sheets to get a point.

There is no doubt that Levein is a Hearts man and he wants the team to succeed but there is going to come a time when he admits failure in the model and his management.  We have spent a fortune on Duds and are not even bringing young players through now.  The football is drab and we are now struggling to keep pace with Killie and Aberdeen.

5 minutes ago, campbell said:

So the FOH exist to sack the manager and the board? That’s not why I pay into it and like I have said we will not have the power to do this so it’s 100% not why the FOH exist. You can carry on thinking this but you are going to be disappointed when we take over

You're right, see when FOH do takeover, expect a sharp drop in contributions as simpletons finally realise that they won't have a say in what happens at the club, or at least the level of say that they think.

2 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

How are the folk on this forum going to defend Levein when results don’t improve after Souttar and Uche are back?  The man is a master at deflecting criticism and most of the time he does it by blaming referees.  We shouldn’t be relying on penalties every game to score a goal or clean sheets to get a point.

There is no doubt that Levein is a Hearts man and he wants the team to succeed but there is going to come a time when he admits failure in the model and his management.  We have spent a fortune on Duds and are not even bringing young players through now.  The football is drab and we are now struggling to keep pace with Killie and Aberdeen.

Do you mean if?

If they don't improve then you will be hard pushed to find anyone defending him. Doesn't make attacking him now right though.

22 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Anyone thinks he is the man to take us forward needs serious help

Unfortunately we are gonna have to put up with Levein until we buy out Anne 

He's a dinosaur of a coach he has no place in the modern game and appointing him after the Cathro face was a bad move......handing him a 3 year deal was insane considering he didn't want the gig, we didn't want him to get the gig

Millions of pounds spunked on players and wages to cover his 5 year plan 

Its a total Farce from Levein and Budge 

2 hours ago, Markymark said:

He needs to leave now. Excuse after excuse getting rolled out. I’ll put money on us being 8th by the end of December. 

I’ll take that bet. How much you want to put on it?

27 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

6 points out of 6 next week or it’s over for me i’m afraid. Hamilton and Hibs are both rotten. 

Hibs just beat Celtic and drew with rangers

how does that Make them rank rotten?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Hibs just beat Celtic and drew with rangers

how does that Make them rank rotten?

Defending the vermin again? What a surprise.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Calling our city rivals vermin is no surprise from you. Grow up.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He does have a point. Our record down there recently is brutal. Hardly had a shot on goal in the last few. What is it, something like 18 games against Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and Hibs away from home and Levein has 1 solitary point? Where does anyone's optimism for a result at Easter Road arise from?

44 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

6 points out of 6 next week or it’s over for me i’m afraid. Hamilton and Hibs are both rotten. 

Can't see us taking anything from Fester Rd. A single goal win against Hamilton will be our lot.  Roll on the end of January.

Football is a very strange game and simple events turn things on their head. For example we had two very good chances to equalise and never took either I am willing to bet if we had then the result would have been different. The sheep scored very early in the game and required a very soft penalty to increase their lead. For large parts of the game I actually thought we were the better team and again strangely we were passing the ball well??? not been doing a lot of that of late. The message here is as far as I can see changing the manager is not going to make these very good chances go in. We need to get our main players back into the team and a wee change of luck. What is very evident is the lack of confidence in the players at one point in the game we had the ball on the sheep 18 yd line with a few players up in  reasonable positions we then passed the ball all the way back to our goal keeper!

Edited by jock _turd

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, campbell said:

You can’t see the irony in this! Unreal comment to just ruin your whole argument, so I’m not allowed to use the first 10 games to show we are a decent team on a very bad run of form but you can use the last 10 to say we are doomed and my head is in the sand. 

Again with the duds comment you are using the last 10 games, yet in the first 10 games the majority looked like very good signings so which one is it?? I’m guessing it will be the one that fits your personal agenda and by the sounds of it yours is you hate Levein so right now you must be delighted 

No I don’t hate Levein, the guy is a Hearts legend but if he’s not up to the job he should move on and let someone else have a go.  

Out of the new recruits so far, only Uche, Haring and Dunne are looking like good signings and the latter is only on loan.

• davemclaren locked this topic