Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

So we only judge managers when they have their full team playing?  Rubbish. 

Its up to the manager to get the best out of the players (his players) available, I don`t think our Manager is. Also not replacing Lafferty has proven to be a disaster.

He had enough strikers but couldn’t have predicted to be decimated by injuries.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Enzo Chiefo

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Why can’t folk grasp that any team who has their main forwards and centre-backs ripped out their team will struggle massively. Take Findlay, Broadfoot, Brophy and Stewart out of that team for two months and they’ll plummet too.

But the difference is they are Kilmarnock. I know they have been mentioned but it shows how far we have dropped when we are comparing with them  

16 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Aye six points of second place sack your manager.

Welt.

Two points off 8th as well though chief.

ToadKiller Dog

He is struggling at the moment, no doubt, not ready to jump on the sack him yet, needs a chance to get a full strength side playing. 

If we go into the split outside top six he should resign. 

End of season outside top four the board should be sacked. 

Judge at seasons end. 

Unless this run continues into late February. 

2 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Budge just said in her recent interview that the next manager/coach will be promoted from within, we are goosed.

In that case I can’t wait for FOH to take over, so we can ditch this apprentice management scheme.

It was only a good idea in Craig’s head anyway

Broxburn_Jambo
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Drew with Hamilton today. That would be sackable if he was here

Going by current form i suspect we would lose to Hamilton if we played them.

bringonthesevco
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

This the same Craig Levein that had us flying at the top of the league until his best two international center backs were injured...then his top to strikers injured...any team in the league would have suffered a dip in form and results after that.

And the 9 midfield players he signed aren’t injured but are just incapable of stringing 2 passes together .....

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Right so if killie have Brophy and Stewart and Findlay and Boyd injured do you think they would still be where they are now?

Brophy Stewart Jones McaDonald didn’t t play against us Tynecastle?‍♂️

15 minutes ago, campbell said:

Few wins, Levein is great 

few defeat Levein is shit 

reality we are doing ok and still competing for top 4

You must have a different definition of reality to me.....

3 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Brophy Stewart Jones McaDonald didn’t t play against us Tynecastle?‍♂️

Your point is?how many games were they all out together for??

Frustrating as hell watching us the now.

Never look like a team with an idea but think it's too quick to call for his head.

Judge him once Vanecek is in and Uche is back. If the form is still as bad then take action.

No team outside Celtic could cope with our injuries this season.

20 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Steady. It's no coincidence that our form dropped off after our four most important players got injured. Have you forgotten the start of the season already. Surely he deserves a bit more time following the return of all injured players?

Not sure he is the answer personally don’t think he has a clue. Too many changes players out of position dross defensive football. ..... would give him to the end of season as he deserves that but think it will end in people stop putting money in 

5 minutes ago, old school tie said:

Berra's played in the last three defeats, and Naisy played today.  Time to dig out another excuse

Wow just wow

Let's quickly come to agreement...

He has this season... no matter what....

Expectation is top 4... 

Top 5th, 6th is a disappointing season and decisions need to be made...

Bottom six... I'd like to see (New manager name) get the job.

pettigrewsstylist
21 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

4 points minimum from next 2 or he has to go.

Wonder what odds the bookies would give on that??

Still wouldnt put a quid on it ?

2 minutes ago, jockmac said:

In that case I can’t wait for FOH to take over, so we can ditch this apprentice management scheme.

It was only a good idea in Craig’s head anyway

It highlights another serious flaw within the football structure within our club.

We are supposed to be a "big" club, what other "big" clubs adopt this preposterous  ideology?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Let's quickly come to agreement...

He has this season... no matter what....

Expectation is top 4... 

Top 5th, 6th is a disappointing season and decisions need to be made...

Bottom six... I'd like to see (New manager name) get the job.

5th or 6th new manager time for me. It's his awful signings, they have gave us no cover for injuries.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

allanwilson1970

As much as I praise him for the academy since I see most games and also reserves I am utterly bemused that he thinks McDonald is anywhere near the team and to get on the pitch ahead of Morrison is an absolute disgrace. McDonald’s was abysmal for U18s against Hamilton and in every reserve game this season been anonymous. So for me this is Levien putting on a  young academy players to deflect attention from the reality and after today I am sick of it.  This is not his vanity project to waste my hard earned going up and down the country watching our U18s, reserves and first team. Simply he better start playing the right players based on form and ability not this seemingly pet project. I have nothing against McDonald but simply he is miles away from being good enough. 

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Its not the defeats for me, more the manner of them

To be fair not many teams get defeated playing brilliant football their fans are happy with.

I’m not really one for calling for the managers head! I even backed Cathro until the league cup results! 

However if if we don’t take 4 points from the next 2 games I think he should go. 

14 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Sensible post.

That's where I'm at. I'm a fan of CL and he has had a hard time, albeit it has been a lot worse than expected. Players back in New year if he doesn't turn it round then we defo need to ask questions.

To be honest who could we get that would do any better. 

I am a Hearts fan, I dont give a monkeys if I like the Manager as long as he gets the job done.

You really dont think there are managers available with a better record than one win in ten????

part_time_jambo
29 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Steady. It's no coincidence that our form dropped off after our four most important players got injured. Have you forgotten the start of the season already. Surely he deserves a bit more time following the return of all injured players?

Probably a lot of the same people who were saying "great manager" "lucky to have him" at that time are now wanting him out.

John mcCartney

cant remember him being named a great manager,more lucky to have him

as anne ,has of course,said he is commited to the club

just move him closer to the administration dept if he`s that ****ing commited

EasternRossco

My problem just now is the lack of identity we seem to have in our playing style. We don't press, there no fluidity or spark and we have generally become a very easy team to play against. Don't think sacking Levein is the answer as not sure who I'd want to have in his place, but at the same time I don't think it is necessarily Uche and Vaneck we are sorely missing either. Seem to just be a bit .......stuck just now.

19 minutes ago, old school tie said:

Berra's played in the last three defeats, and Naisy played today.  Time to dig out another excuse

Berra has played three times after a long injury and Naisy is just back FFS. Get a grip

Broxburn_Jambo
6 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Beat Hamilton and the same goofballs will be talking about a top 2 finish.

End up in the bottom 6 and out the scottish cup and the happy clappers will still be whining about injuries.

I've generally always been a Levein supporter and i still do have huge respect for him, but it really is getting to a stage where the excuses are running out and I'm not sure where it's gonna go.

That was more or less a full strength team today, minus Uche and maybe Dunne in for Bozanic, and we still looked poor. So lost going forward.

One can only assume that the arrival of Vanecek maybe coupled with some results might get us back on track but I'm sick of the excuses and the chat.

As i just heard someone say recently, if this was Cathro, serious questions would be asked and they were right. Levein needs to step up and take some flak.

Trapper John McIntyre
37 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Levein is not going anywhere this season. I’ll judge him at the end. 

That's the same patter we heard about Cathro.

1 win in 10 games. Pathetic return regardless of injuries.

Walter Bishop
17 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Its not the defeats for me, more the manner of them

Exactly! 

People talk about the injuries but Levein signed 7/8 midfield players before the season started and we hoof the ball over them all at every opportunity but that`s probably because they cant string two passes together! 

He's a dinosaur with his tactics and no plan B, 6 points out off the next 2 games then get Clarke in, proven manager  who can work well with a limited budget

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Sack Craig? Who do we get to replace him at the moment?

It would be up to the board to find the right man, not the fans. 

I would go for Gary Holt, done a very good job with Falkirk before going to Norwich and has done an amazing job with Livingston. Clearly a very talented coach/manager.

Trapper John McIntyre
3 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Sack Craig? Who do we get to replace him at the moment?

Why do you ask that? Is there a shortage of potential decent managers out there that may be available? 

Its academic anyway. No way is Budge's toy boy leaving any time soon.

23 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Your point is?how many games were they all out together for??

My point is that they were not injured they were all benched,they can rotate without any problem they came to beat us with a weakened team and did.

Trapper John McIntyre
2 minutes ago, OBAN JAMBO said:

He's a dinosaur with his tactics and no plan B, 6 points out off the next 2 games then get Clarke in, proven manager  who can work well with a limited budget

This. But getting Clarke would be a miracle.

Mind you getting rid of Levein would take a miracle too.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Why do you ask that? Is there a shortage of potential decent managers out there that may be available? 

Its academic anyway. No way is Budge's toy boy leaving any time soon.

Who then?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Exactly! 

People talk about the injuries but Levein signed 7/8 midfield players before the season started and we hoof the ball over them all at every opportunity but that`s probably because they cant string two passes together! 

It's not the scouts to blame for the signings I'm afraid. Levein is stuck in his old ways and trying to change. We sign players with little technical ability and it shows.

2 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

That's the same patter we heard about Cathro.

1 win in 10 games. Pathetic return regardless of injuries.

? comparing Levein to Cathro. Levein has already shown this season what he can do. Let’s see where we are at the end of the season. 

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, Hector Riva said:

Who then?

Its the job of the board/Budge to find a manager. Why don't you ask them?

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, Koolkeith said:

? comparing Levein to Cathro. Levein has already shown this season what he can do. Let’s see where we are at the end of the season. 

Fair comparison. Both are utterly shite.

1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

This. But getting Clarke would be a miracle.

Mind you getting rid of Levein would take a miracle too.

Clarke would be my first choice and then Holt

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Cathro was working under Craig in case you forgot. 

37 minutes ago, Broxburn_Jambo said:

Going by current form i suspect we would lose to Hamilton if we played them.

We’ll put that theory to the test on Wednesday ??

• davemclaren locked this topic