Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Another marathon sesh of Sack Levein / nut yer wrong.

Enjoy.    

Really? Inform us of what is right with the team at this moment?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If we offered Killie enough and him enough and CL wasn’t here, then of course he would. Money talks. 

He turned down Rangers, pretty sure we couldn't match what they would offer.

But the point is they never even got the chance to ake an offer as he turned them down before it got that far.

Aye, he would come to us right enough.

Edited by graygo

Just now, graygo said:

That wasn’t for money reasons though. 

Jambo diehard

Clark would be an attractive option if CL did go, imo only I feel he wants back down South and if he keeps Killie playing above their potential then that's possible, he didn't go to Rangers for more than just cash but not sure he'd come to us either, might be wrong as only he knows, just an opinion ?

Captain Canada

It's not looking great. We finished mid-table after 38 games last season and after 19 this season we're mid-table again.

We signed an entire squad in the summer to cope better with injuries and suspensions but it hasn't worked out that way. 

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

But the point is they never even got the chance to ake an offer as he turned them down before it got that far.

Have ye asked him?

He’s manager of Kilmarnock ffs.

What are they paying him, £90k a year? 

He’s going to turn down 2 to 3 times that plus, the facilities, the academy, the stadium, the fan base, long term project with money to improve the squad in the future. 

He he might be a Killie man but they haven’t got anything on us.

Hearts are a cracking job and a walk in the park for a good manager. They only have to finish 3rd or 4th every season, the odd cup final and they’ve got a job for life. 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Appointing Clarke, if he was willing to come, would fill the ground. Of course he would want to take charge of a club our size, as long as CL wasn't in the DOF role. It would bring the feelgood factor back to the club and freshen the place up. Hopefully he could persuade a couple of his pacy attacking players to the club too. 

The constant excuses about referees and injuries are wearing thin. The number of times I have read about our players being projects or not being fit enough is tiresome. 

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That wasn’t for money reasons though. 

Sorry, you replied before my edit.

Kind of proves the point that offer him enough and he will come is nonsense though.

3 minutes ago, Boab1874 said:

Forget anyone for manager job.The setup must change. Hamilton scum Livingston 3 defeats.

No good manager will work under our setup. It’s Levein or someone from his nursery. 

46 minutes ago, campbell said:

Clearly. 

I would say only being  6 points off second after one of the worst runs of injuries and form I can think of in a long time is still competing! But maybe you fit in with the rest of the entitled who think we are bigger and better than we really are 

We are two points off 8th. If you think the last ten games is what you call competing, and scoring FOUR goals during that run then you see things very differently.

And Yes I believe we should be better and bigger - thats what's called ambition.

46 minutes ago, campbell said:

Clearly. 

I would say only being  6 points off second after one of the worst runs of injuries and form I can think of in a long time is still competing! But maybe you fit in with the rest of the entitled who think we are bigger and better than we really are 

I see, so we're garbage then, and always will be, or mediocre at best. And we should just accept that fact........is that how it goes supporting Hearts? 

Levein is a nice wee safe bet for mediocrity, let's all happy clap together and just be thankful  ???

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No good manager will work under our setup. It’s Levein or someone from his nursery. 

It was worrying that Budge again referred to the succession model during the week. Given that neither of the last 2 appointments have followed that model surely would alert her to the fact that the concept,  is and was, arrant nonsense. 

Just now, graygo said:

Sorry, you replied before my edit.

Kind of proves the point that offer him enough and he will come is nonsense though.

The Rangers job comes with a lot of baggage. I’m sure the money part wasn’t a problem.

I think you’re underestimating our pull. We can offer good money and everything on top. Unfortunately no good manager will work under our setup. 

25 minutes ago, campbell said:

I’m not arguing about the closeness of budge and Levein I’m saying “we” ( I guess you mean the foh) won’t have any power to change the business model, you would know this if you read the governance proposal 

Not with you mate, when FOH are in control, Anne is gone, new chairman and board in place, changes will happen.

Im aware it won’t be the fans pissing and moaning every week for changes

Edited by jockmac

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

The Rangers job comes with a lot of baggage. I’m sure the money part wasn’t a problem.

I think you’re underestimating our pull. We can offer good money and everything on top. Unfortunately no good manager will work under our setup. 

Exactly Cruyff, both Jim McLean and Sir Alex turned down Rangers in the 1980s despite the huge salary increase on offer.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was worrying that Budge again referred to the succession model during the week. Given that neither of the last 2 appointments have followed that model surely would alert her to the fact that the concept,  is and was, arrant nonsense. 

The next manager 100% has to be his own man with his own staff and there can be no CL hanging around. 

Of course, Levein can still prove to be the right man. He’s got the rest of the season but finishing outside the top 4 would be unacceptable and we’d have to change it. 

Dire today. That fool cathro would rightly have got pelters for that but budge and Levein are probably laughing over a glass of red.

Here’s a thought. I can’t of the top my head remember the dates but did our slide begin around the time had his Heart Attack? Has he lost any of his mojo? Has it affect his way of dealing with things? In the back of his mind the Heart Attack could be holding him back. 

No idea but at all but it did cross my mind.

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Strangely I thought we played some nice stuff today without having an end product though... hardley a sacking offence. When things are not going for you it is very hard to take but endure we must, when the tide turns we will go on a run and reassert ourselves. 

We did play some good stuff but had no focal point and no idea what Mitchell was doing while he was on the park. We had 0 cutting edge and when we did play some nice stuff the threat wasnt there. Game was done after the second , confidence is shot to shit you can see it in the play and its slow deliberate nature. Fear of making mistakes etc. Its hard to watch and harder to stomach but without a threat at the top of the park its hard to see where were going to get back to dominating and imposing ourselves in games

Edited by sadj

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Here’s a thought. I can’t of the top my head remember the dates but did our slide begin around the time had his Heart Attack? Has he lost any of his mojo? Has it affect his way of dealing with things? In the back of his mind the Heart Attack could be holding him back. 

Conicides but I don’t think he’s lost his mojo, I just don’t rate him. 

He thought we matched Aberdeen today and nothing in the game. Ffs he’s delusional and now insulting the fans with this shite! 

1 shot in 90 mins! 

He needs to leave now. Excuse after excuse getting rolled out. I’ll put money on us being 8th by the end of December. 

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly Cruyff, both Jim McLean and Sir Alex turned down Rangers in the 1980s despite the huge salary increase on offer.

At this very moment, no chance but come the end of this season how much further can he take them? 

I think we can offer him ambition and have the setup to go further than anyone outside the OF but we’d have to show ambition and spend to spondoolies to make it happen. 

100% has to be the next Scotland manager however and he wouldn’t turn that down for anyone. 

13 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Nope, happened when Naisy did his knee at Murrayfield. 

7 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Zanatta scores his 5th of the season and we have an coffin dodger hobbling about upfront. There are no words.

Which is a pretty shit total in a piss poor league. 

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Why not allow him to challenge again once he has his full team back. 

Ah never mind. Enjoy debating over something that will rightly never happen.

this guy gets it  , well said!

9 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Maybe Billy Davies was right after all..........

If anyone other than him had said it then a lot more people would have agreed. 

Each passing week is proving him right. 

32 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

Dire today. That fool cathro would rightly have got pelters for that but budge and Levein are probably laughing over a glass of red.

Cathro was a Levein puppet and was only doing as he was told. 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Unfortunately Levein has the safest job in football.

There is probably zero chance that Budge would sack him.

Levein is as unsafe as everyone else in the game. Needs to turn things around quick, today was a dead rubber. No expectation no one expected anything, and still by all accounts an uninspiring performance. But he is an experienced manager and I'm sure will be able to

55 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Have ye asked him?

He’s manager of Kilmarnock ffs.

What are they paying him, £90k a year? 

He’s going to turn down 2 to 3 times that plus, the facilities, the academy, the stadium, the fan base, long term project with money to improve the squad in the future. 

He he might be a Killie man but they haven’t got anything on us.

Hearts are a cracking job and a walk in the park for a good manager. They only have to finish 3rd or 4th every season, the odd cup final and they’ve got a job for life. 

If you think we have a chance of enticing Steve Clarke then I genuinely worry about you. The only team he will be managing in Scotland is Killie. If he's turning down the Huns then he sure as shit won't be coming to us.

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

We did play some good stuff but had no focal point and no idea what Mitchell was doing while he was on the park. We had 0 cutting edge and when we did play some nice stuff the threat wasnt there. Game was done after the second , confidence is shot to shit you can see it in the play and its slow deliberate nature. Fear of making mistakes etc. Its hard to watch and harder to stomach but without a threat at the top of the park its hard to see where were going to get back to dominating and imposing ourselves in games

As you know, there's teams the world over who play nice stuff but lack where it matters. People are being suckered in by it.

I know the problems that have surrounded us hasn't helped but I don't think the individuals holding the jerseys, since those well documented problems happened, have fought hard enough to find a solution.

However, you start thinking that maybe they just don't have 'it' rather accusing them of not trying hard enough.  Bit of both for me if I'm honest.

The rot set in a while ago and it's now hard to recover. Can only hope Naismith's influence on and off the park brings some others back into a good place and results are better before the likes of Uche and Souttar are back, rather than relying on their return. 

Shooter McGavin

I’ve stretched the injuries excuse as far as I can, it simply won’t wash anymore. Now that players are coming back I expect to see results pick up.

The Old Tolbooth

The amount of people calling for his head is insane, we’re operating without an entire front line, and an almost zero centre halves, with the one centre half we have who’s just returned from long term injury,  anyone thinking that it’s not been the major contributing factor to the downturn in form is a bit simple really, I honestly think that we’ll be fine once we get all our players back, it’s been a wretched season injury wise. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

As you know, there's teams the world over who play nice stuff but lack where it matters. People are being suckered in by it.

I know the problems that have surrounded us hasn't helped but I don't think the individuals holding the jerseys, since those well documented problems happened, have fought hard enough to find a solution.

However, you start thinking that maybe they just don't have 'it' rather accusing them of not trying hard enough.  Bit of both for me if I'm honest.

The rot set in a while ago and it's now hard to recover. Can only hope Naismith's influence on and off the park brings some others back into a good place and results are better before the likes of Uche and Souttar are back, rather than relying on their return. 

Really fair points. I think the flying confidence early in the season masked some of the lesser abilities but we are also far better than we are playing. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

The amount of people calling for his head is insane, we’re operating without an entire front line, and an almost zero centre halves, with the one centre half we have who’s just returned from long term injury,  anyone thinking that it’s not been the major contributing factor to the downturn in form is a bit simple really, I honestly think that we’ll be fine once we get all our players back, it’s been a wretched season injury wise. 

We've toothless in attack and lack any creativity. Losing Naismith and Uche shouldn't have resulted in us turning into one of the worst outfits in the league. Who do we have to cover for them? A bunch of duds. Levein is solely to blame for not having decent back up. We've wasted so much funds.

Lack of decent cover is what has hurt us the most. Surely you see that?

55 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

We are two points off 8th. If you think the last ten games is what you call competing, and scoring FOUR goals during that run then you see things very differently.

And Yes I believe we should be better and bigger - thats what's called ambition.

So you’ve decided to looking at the last 10 games to fit your argument and not the whole season, sound.  well I do the opposite from you and say 8 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat means we are competitive! 

There’s a difference between ambition and the entitlement of so many  Hearts fans who think winning against “lesser teams” is a given. 

8 minutes ago, Miko said:

If you think we have a chance of enticing Steve Clarke then I genuinely worry about you. The only team he will be managing in Scotland is Killie. If he's turning down the Huns then he sure as shit won't be coming to us.

I worry about any Hearts fan that thinks that Killie are a bigger pull than Hearts. Unfortunately it’ll never happen within the current setup. 

2 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Enough is enough. Fans are continually putting funds into the club and he is just not the man to take us forward at all. Something has to be done so we can get a forward and progressive manager in the door so we can move forward. Defeat by Hibs and an exit to livi in the cup and the season is over. 

We need to get away from the cosy relationship Craig and Ann have and he needs to be taken to task on the dross we are seeing. 

Said it when he was appointed , dinasour , every week his team selection baffles most of us , Mitchell is a passenger yet he plays most weeks , we have a decent squad despite the injuries , it’s coaching and believe that’s missing . 

I worry about any Hearts fan that thinks that Killie are a bigger pull than Hearts. Unfortunately it’ll never happen within the current setup. 

I don't think anyone has said that but I don't know why I'm trying to reason with you. This is like Berra coming to us over the Huns/Celtic but you bash yourself away mate

Just now, Miko said:

I don't think anyone has said that but I don't know why I'm trying to reason with you. This is like Berra coming to us over the Huns/Celtic but you bash yourself away mate

Well, we’ll never know anyway. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Well, we’ll never know anyway. 

Is that another way of saying 'I'm talking shite and I've been called on it"?

John mcCartney

ever since i spotted the overcoat folded  on the arm heading to the dugout,i knew we`d end up at this juncture

a man far too comfortable in his relatively fabulously paid job

Just now, Miko said:

Is that another way of saying 'I'm talking shite and I've been called on it"?

How am I talking shite for stating an opinion? I could well say the same about you. Do you know all this for a fact? No, you don’t. 

2 hours ago, JamboPete said:

I would go for Gary Holt, done a very good job with Falkirk before going to Norwich and has done an amazing job with Livingston. Clearly a very talented coach/manager.

It's the 2nd in command at Livingston (David Martindale) that makes them tick. Was the same under Hopkins. 

Due to a previous drug conviction he cannot become the no.1.

Edit: apologies, I see others have responded similarly. 

Edited by Deans Jambo

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

I see, so we're garbage then, and always will be, or mediocre at best. And we should just accept that fact........is that how it goes supporting Hearts? 

Levein is a nice wee safe bet for mediocrity, let's all happy clap together and just be thankful  ???

Not sure where I said we were garbage or mediocre or we should all happy clap together, very odd post! 

Im guessing it’s in reference to me saying the entitled think we are bigger and better than we really are, this at no point says we need to accept this I’m a merely saying there are far too many fans who think we shouldn’t be losing to “lesser teams” in the league when history shows we consistently lose to smaller teams, much like ever team outside the old firm

How am I talking shite for stating an opinion? I could well say the same about you. Do you know all this for a fact? No, you don’t. 

You are stating that we could just go out and get Clarke. That is wrong. The difference is my opinion is correct. 

Just now, Miko said:

You are stating that we could just go out and get Clarke. That is wrong. The difference is my opinion is correct. 

In other words, talking shit, as you put it.

1 hour ago, jockmac said:

Not with you mate, when FOH are in control, Anne is gone, new chairman and board in place, changes will happen.

Im aware it won’t be the fans pissing and moaning every week for changes

Yep, nope nope and nope 

Foh will be majority stake holder 

Anne won’t leave straight away 

I don’t see why there would be a new board,

The FOH have made it clear they will have no say in the running of the club it will be there to provide funding to the club and that’s it the board will continue to run the club as a separate entity to FOH 

• davemclaren locked this topic