Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

Enough is enough. Fans are continually putting funds into the club and he is just not the man to take us forward at all. Something has to be done so we can get a forward and progressive manager in the door so we can move forward. Defeat by Hibs and an exit to livi in the cup and the season is over. 

We need to get away from the cosy relationship Craig and Ann have and he needs to be taken to task on the dross we are seeing. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Pasquale for King

The Real Maroonblood

Unfortunately Levein has the safest job in football.

There is probably zero chance that Budge would sack him.

Steady. It's no coincidence that our form dropped off after our four most important players got injured. Have you forgotten the start of the season already. Surely he deserves a bit more time following the return of all injured players?

Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Aye six points of second place sack your manager.

Welt.

Tbf we're also 2 points ahead of 8th.

Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Welt.

Bottom 7 by next week! 1 win in 10! Relegation form! I won’t lower myself to name calling however. 

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Enough is enough. Fans are continually putting funds into the club and he is just not the man to take us forward at all. Something has to be done so we can get a forward and progressive manager in the door so we can move forward. Defeat by Hibs and an exit to livi in the cup and the season is over. 

We need to get away from the cosy relationship Craig and Ann have and he needs to be taken to task on the dross we are seeing. 

Who would you replace him with?

He just can't make things happen with a weaker squad, not good enough.

Something is rotten right now and it isn't just injuries. Big improvement expected in January with Vanecek and Uche available but a derby to come first with players who look like they aren't playing for him much anymore.

Edited by kila

Have to beat Hamilton and get something at the piggery.

He gets the season for me. No problem with that whatsoever. He’s had horrendous luck with injuries and referees to be fair

Strangely I thought we played some nice stuff today without having an end product though... hardley a sacking offence. When things are not going for you it is very hard to take but endure we must, when the tide turns we will go on a run and reassert ourselves. 

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Tbf we're also 2 points ahead of 8th.

Indeed.

People kicking off after not winning today. Who actually expected a result up there on current form?

Back to ignoring this side of the forum. Utter tripe.

1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Welt.

Exactly. 

We can still win the league . Mathematically. 

Realistically I think we will be bottom six. He should walk. 

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Welt.

Seriously?  The first 1/4 of the season has saved us from relegation given our form. We will finish bottom 6, no doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Welt.

We are 2 points from 9th, 2 goals in 10 games and 1 win in 10 games. Added to that we were thumped by a team  smaller than Falkirk. I think fans are justified to call for Levein to go.

This the same Craig Levein that had us flying at the top of the league until his best two international center backs were injured...then his top to strikers injured...any team in the league would have suffered a dip in form and results after that.

fabienleclerq

I really like Levein but I'm losing the will to watch this team just now. We are boring as ****, no energy in midfield, no pace and ****ing Livingston are above us. Aye we've had injuries but minus those our budget still dwarfs Livingstons.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

This the same Craig Levein that had us flying at the top of the league until his best two international center backs were injured...then his top to strikers injured...any team in the league would have suffered a dip in form and results after that.

A dip in form?     

It’s a collapse of monumental proportions. 

4 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I won’t lower myself to name calling however. 

Don’t worry mate, plenty welts will be along soon to do that for you ??

The last 2 months have not been acceptable FACT.  Even with the injuries, the performances and lack of goals (or creating chances) is a big worry.  

The manager doesn’t seem to take any blame for the last 10 games and no doubt will blame the referee again tonight.

Edited by Smith&Weston

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Seriously?  The first 1/4 of the season has saved us from relegation given our form. We will finish bottom 6, no doubt about it.

Why not allow him to challenge again once he has his full team back. 

Ah never mind. Enjoy debating over something that will rightly never happen.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Unfortunately Levein has the safest job in football.

There is probably zero chance that Budge would sack him.

This 'safest job in football' phrase that gets banded about on here is chronic. 

There's clearly been mitigating factors during the past 3 months. A Penalty again St J, we win and we are 3 points better off, penalty today and we are 1-1, rangers goal ruled out for offside and we are still in the game. Add in the injuries, it's been a shocking state of affairs. 

For me, he gets a good run of 5-6 games after the break. If there's no improvement when we have a full squad then serious questions need to be asked. I have no doubt AB will pull the plug on him if need be. Don't get to her level of business stature by being sentimental. 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Who would you replace him with?

Ah ha, that old chrestnut.

Not that it will happen, but you would simply throw the job open for applicants to apply.

A club of our size and support would attract some top managers, of that Ive no doubt.

Throwing a name out to satisfy you would be pointless. In my opinion, we would do a lot better with a new man and a new approach.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yet Kilmarnock with a fraction of our resources are five points ahead. Despite the injuries we should still have enough to cope if we have any desire to move forward  

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's he done?

Only lost 13 matches in 57 as Kilmarnock manager, winning 30.

I'm not clamouring for Levein to go, but Clarke is doing a cracking job! 

Broxburn_Jambo
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's he done?

Taken on a Kilmarnock team that was a complete shambles and got them competing at the top end of the league.

1 win in 10 games is woeful form, if the whole team implodes because of 2 injuries then there is a fundamental problem.

All roads lead to Gorgie

This form is brutal I have to admit and I have backed Craig this season mainly due to his health scare but time must be ticking now. Simply not good enough. 

Just now, Koolkeith said:

Levein is not going anywhere this season. I’ll judge him at the end. 

Sensible post.

That's where I'm at. I'm a fan of CL and he has had a hard time, albeit it has been a lot worse than expected. Players back in New year if he doesn't turn it round then we defo need to ask questions.

To be honest who could we get that would do any better. 

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Yet Kilmarnock with a fraction of our resources are five points ahead. Despite the injuries we should still have enough to cope if we have any desire to move forward  

Right so if killie have Brophy and Stewart and Findlay and Boyd injured do you think they would still be where they are now?

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Why can’t folk grasp that any team who has their main forwards and centre-backs ripped out their team will struggle massively. Take Findlay, Broadfoot, Brophy and Stewart out of that team for two months and they’ll plummet too.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Right so if killie have Brophy and Stewart and Findlay and Boyd injured do you think they would still be where they are now?

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Why can’t folk grasp that any team who has their main forwards and centre-backs ripped out their team will struggle massively. Take Findlay, Broadfoot, Brophy and Stewart out of that team for two months and they’ll plummet too.

:spoton:

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Oh thank God...some sense on this forum.Well done sir.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Probably not but the worrying thing is they are a better team .

3 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Ah ha, that old chrestnut.

Not that it will happen, but you would simply throw the job open for applicants to apply.

A club of our size and support would attract some top managers, of that Ive no doubt.

Throwing a name out to satisfy you would be pointless. In my opinion, we would do a lot better with a new man and a new approach.

Budge just said in her recent interview that the next manager/coach will be promoted from within, we are goosed.

7 minutes ago, Broxburn_Jambo said:

Steve Clarke

Drew with Hamilton today. That would be sackable if he was here

Walter Bishop
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Why not allow him to challenge again once he has his full team back. 

Ah never mind. Enjoy debating over something that will rightly never happen.

So we only judge managers when they have their full team playing?  Rubbish. 

Its up to the manager to get the best out of the players (his players) available, I don`t think our Manager is. Also not replacing Lafferty has proven to be a disaster.

Italian Lambretta

Yet again he worried more about the opposition than going with his own team. No need for 5 at the back today as michael smith is good enough to play in a back four. We were weakend in midfield against a team thats been playing well recently. Another **** up formstion. 

Just now, Class of 75 said:

Probably not but the worrying thing is they are a better team .

Without those 4?How can you possibly know this?

• davemclaren locked this topic