Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

after the cathro debacacle levein takes over,signs 18 new players of which about 5 make the grade, very ,very lucky that they did.no progressive build up from the youth ranks etc.five year plan, youre having a laugh. he has got out of jail because of uche, haring and Naismith.time to go craig ,do the right thing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

You must have a different definition of reality to me.....

Clearly. 

I would say only being  6 points off second after one of the worst runs of injuries and form I can think of in a long time is still competing! But maybe you fit in with the rest of the entitled who think we are bigger and better than we really are 

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

after the cathro debacacle levein takes over,signs 18 new players of which about 5 make the grade, very ,very lucky that they did.no progressive build up from the youth ranks etc.five year plan, youre having a laugh. he has got out of jail because of uche, haring and Naismith.time to go craig ,do the right thing

:rofl:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

It isn't a coincidence that we've crumbled after losing Naismith and Uche. Fact is our lack of quality signings have cause this complete collapse.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

42 minutes ago, jockmac said:

In that case I can’t wait for FOH to take over, so we can ditch this apprentice management scheme.

It was only a good idea in Craig’s head anyway

Clearly didn’t read the governance proposal if you think this will happen when the FOH take over 

Broxburn_Jambo
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

FFS.  :facepalm: 

How about Jose Mourinho?

What an idiotic response, why could we not get Steve Clarke?

2 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Martin O'Neill...

Aye. He would be good right enough.

Paisley Jambo
53 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Levein is not going anywhere this season. I’ll judge him at the end. 

Makes sense.

Bottom six he needs to revert to DoF and stay away from first team influence. 

Top four progress and due another season.

5th or 6 th no mans land

8 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Who are the 5 and did you think only 5 were good enough after the first 9 games? 

12 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

I would go for Gary Holt, done a very good job with Falkirk before going to Norwich and has done an amazing job with Livingston. Clearly a very talented coach/manager.

No thanks, Holt is just a front at Livvy, the guy who pulls the strings is  Dave  Martindale, he was also influential during Hopkins time there too

Holt failed at Norwich and hardly set the heather on  fire at Falkirk either 

1 minute ago, Broxburn_Jambo said:

For the reasons that have been discussed on here and elsewhere many many times.

I'll summarize it for you to make it simple.

Steve Clarke will not be the next Hearts manager.

Trapper John McIntyre
3 minutes ago, Broxburn_Jambo said:

You're upsetting the uberfan minority who run JKB. Watch out, mate.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

No thanks, Holt is just a front at Livvy, the guy who pulls the strings is  Dave  Martindale, he was also influential during Hopkins time there too

Holt failed at Norwich and hardly set the heather on  fire at Falkirk either 

I think you're right. Its what I've heard also. Martindale is the brains and Holt is the front. A bit like the Leishman/Hay combination years ago.

Apparently the main reason Kenny Miller walked.

There are better Managers out there that can get a team to punch well above it's weight and win trophies for the Club.

He is to caught up in his own footballing prejudices, which have brought little success in the past, to achieve that..

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Aye six points of second place sack your manager.

Welt.

That attitude has us where we are today.

Loser mentality. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You're upsetting the uberfan minority who run JKB. Watch out, mate.

Orrrr.....

It's already been discussed over several threads why SC won't be the next Hearts manager?

4 minutes ago, Broxburn_Jambo said:

Because we’re hearts, not Manchester United. Why the **** would Clarke come to us? What does he have to gain? 

6 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Makes sense.

Bottom six he needs to revert to DoF and stay away from first team influence. 

Top four progress and due another season.

5th or 6 th no mans land

Levein has to stay as manager or leave altogether. Going back to D.o.F. only resolves nothing.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Orrrr.....

It's already been discussed over several threads why SC won't be the next Hearts manager?

Correct.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

Because we’re hearts, not Manchester United. Why the **** would Clarke come to us? What does he have to gain? 

True. Clarke's too good for Scottish football. But I bet he's really enjoying life right now.

Walter Bishop

I have said on here before, I would like to have seen Jody Morris. Sue he would have jumped at the chance to mange Hearts 6 months ago, no chance now. Played in Scottish football plenty of contacts and took Chelsea youth team on a 2 year unbeaten run. 

Football has moved on massively in the past 10 years, Just look at how outdated Mourinho has looked this season. 

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Levein has to stay as manager or leave altogether. Going back to D.o.F. only resolves nothing.

Leave preferably. Both roles. We are going nowhere under his tutelage.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær getting a reaction 3-1 (for now) how would a replacement for Levein get a reaction with our team over the last few games?

Edited by Dannie Boy
Score update

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

There are better Managers out there that can get a team to punch well above it's weight and win trophies for the Club.

He is to caught up in his own footballing prejudices, which have brought little success in the past, to achieve that..

There are better managers that we could get. Anyone who think Levein is the best manager we can afford is a ****ing idiot. It's evident he's one dimensional in his approach and signs too many duds that don't provide adequate cover.

7 minutes ago, campbell said:

Clearly didn’t read the governance proposal if you think this will happen when the FOH take over 

Disagree, when Ann steps down, then the super close, I’ve got your back, relationship is no more.

Of course things can be different, managers and their ways of working are always under scrutiny, especially when things don’t go well.

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Enough is enough. Fans are continually putting funds into the club and he is just not the man to take us forward at all. Something has to be done so we can get a forward and progressive manager in the door so we can move forward. Defeat by Hibs and an exit to livi in the cup and the season is over. 

We need to get away from the cosy relationship Craig and Ann have and he needs to be taken to task on the dross we are seeing. 

As she acknowledged herself, it's not good governance having her as major shareholder,  CEO and Chairman.  Equally,  having Levein as DOF ,  manager and board member is unhealthy.  Budge needs to appoint a football man as CEO, a Campbell Ogilvie type, in order to end her supposed reliance in Levein. His methods are dated and he needs replaced by a more progressive manager.

19 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

An excellent summary.

where exactly are we now from when cathro was emptied? are the youths clamouring at the door of the first team ? this season must be the biggest chance we had of making a real impact,and yes I was full of hope at the start of the campaign, injuries taken very much into consideration,but expecting a lot better

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

Haven't read the full thread.  Has 'relegation dogfight' been used? 

It hadn't up till now, thanks for that.

Would Steve Clarke want the job? Have doubts. He came back to Scotland to manage the club where he's from. Only club he'd leave Killie for in Scotland would probably be Celtic.

There are mitigating circumstances, obviously, but the performances levels and results are really poor. We should still have been capable of taking points v. Killie, St. Mirren and Livingston. The lack of urgency, intent, guile and creativity is depressing. 

For me, we'll tread water with Levein until 2020 when Ann hands over control to FoH then take a new road. No way, imo, will Craig survive her way going. 

26 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We’ll put that theory to the test on Wednesday ??

Beat me to it Frank

Can’t be arsed writing a big spiel...

1) Craig Levein is going nowhere. Ann said as much.

2) Even if he was, it would happen in May 2019 at the earliest.

3) 4th is our objective, it is still very much on. 

4) We’ll be a much better team again after the winter break.

5) Surely no-one expected us to win today

??

6) Beat Hamilton and Hibs and no one will be moaning.

3 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Would Steve Clarke want the job? Have doubts. He came back to Scotland to manage the club where he's from. Only club he'd leave Killie for in Scotland would probably be Celtic.

If we offered Killie enough and him enough and CL wasn’t here, then of course he would. Money talks. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Right so if killie have Brophy and Stewart and Findlay and Boyd injured do you think they would still be where they are now?

Right, Steve Clarke was speaking this week about how he can happily rotate players like Kris Boyd, Scott Boyd, Brophy and Jordan Jones, safe in the knowledge that he has equally good replacements. So, the answer is that they would be doing just as well  given that they have a far stronger squad than us, despite us signing 19 players.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Can’t be arsed writing a big spiel...

1) Craig Levein is going nowhere. Ann said as much.

2) Even if he was, it would happen in May 2019 at the earliest.

3) 4th is our objective, it is still very much on. 

4) We’ll be a much better team again after the winter break.

5) Surely no-one expected us to win today

??

6) Beat Hamilton and Hibs and no one will be moaning.

Precisely.

12 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Disagree, when Ann steps down, then the super close, I’ve got your back, relationship is no more.

Of course things can be different, managers and their ways of working are always under scrutiny, especially when things don’t go well.

I’m not arguing about the closeness of budge and Levein I’m saying “we” ( I guess you mean the foh) won’t have any power to change the business model, you would know this if you read the governance proposal 

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Aye six points of second place sack your manager.

Welt.

If it wasn’t Levein as manager, I expect you would be wanting a new manager in.

We shouldn’t be six points off 2nd place and the way we are playing at the moment we’ll soon be a lot more points behind. 

Not long ago we were 13 points in front of the sheep.

Welt.

Edited by TDF01

• davemclaren locked this topic