AGM Week

Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

By getting our own house in order it strengthens our case when telling "certain other clubs" why their allocation has been cut (which will happen, I'm sure of that)

Why not do it at the same time?

we don't need a case to ban the OF coming to our ground and acting the way they do -  they have done it for years and will continue till stopped 

chuck them a few video tapes of their behaviour and even the most uneducated of them would have no argument as to why we have acted at the same time as dealing with our own in house issues 

that's the consistent way to do it - maybe why some get a bit suspicious thinking it's down to money talking and not what's considered the right thing to do -

I've heard so much shit as I'm sure everyone has from the OF fans and over the years coming out the roseburb it's hard to take that they just continue to be left alone when we are on a crusade to rid it from our own fans - right thing to do but much more respect if we applied it throughout the ground

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Well I gave my name when I asked Ann to reduce the of allocation so anyone on kickback and at the meeting knows my name now. I really think this and other message boards would be a lot better, and a hell of a lot more civil, if real names were the norm

Yeah but not as much fun. 

Anyway morning Mr Empty Vessel. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Well I gave my name when I asked Ann to reduce the of allocation so anyone on kickback and at the meeting knows my name now. I really think this and other message boards would be a lot better, and a hell of a lot more civil, if real names were the norm

Yes you are probably correct there, but then my experience of Twitter might say differently. Quite ironic seeing as you have letters and numbers as your “name” eh ?. Well done on asking the question, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. If we have the names of the OF fans who buy tickets warn them that any offensive singing or standing  will result in them being banned. It would soon stop and we would then be in a much stronger position to stop it in our own end. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes you are probably correct there, but then my experience of Twitter might say differently. Quite ironic seeing as you have letters and numbers as your “name” eh ?. Well done on asking the question, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. If we have the names of the OF fans who buy tickets warn them that any offensive singing or standing  will result in them being banned. It would soon stop and we would then be in a much stronger position to stop it in our own end. 

Thats as backward as it comes. I don’t care about the OF , Rangers need to deal with their own fans. Fair enough pass info of seat positions across etc so they know who bought the tickets causing the issue but its up to them to sort theirs.

Sort our lot out and you have a moral position from which to say its unacceptable and we’ve done something about it. To say we can’t sort ours unless you sort yours is a ridiculous way to play it. 

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Your argument is a pile of shite to be honest, it basically says i should be able to be a selfish prick and if you dont like the fact that i do something that im clearly not supposed to and it affects other paying fans, including the future of the club support, then its their fault.

Whether an ST or a single ticket purchaser they should be entitled to a seat anywhere they want and to be able to watch the game, its that simple.

Anything else is people being inconsiderate arseholes.

There's lots of things we should be able to do but it's the real world. Rather than create a fuss, just sit somewhere else. I know that's a shitty answer but it's better to just avoid hassle. If 50/100 people are standing you're never going to be able to get them to sit down just because you want them to. 

By your logic, no swearing and nobody who's had a drink should be allowed in the stadium. Is that the best outcome? Quite possibly, but it's not realistic. There's about 17,000 seats in the stadium that you could choose where you wouldn't be obstructed by people standing. It's not right, as you rightly say, but buying one of those is the easiest way to enjoy the game from a seated position rather than one of the few hundred that will have folk standing in front of you.

Is the solution a safe standing provision? Probably.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats as backward as it comes. I don’t care about the OF , Rangers need to deal with their own fans. Fair enough pass info of seat positions across etc so they know who bought the tickets causing the issue but its up to them to sort theirs.

Sort our lot out and you have a moral position from which to say its unacceptable and we’ve done something about it. To say we can’t sort ours unless you sort yours is a ridiculous way to play it. 

I didn’t say that did I? I’m all for sorting out our own problems but if you’re sitting behaving yourself and these scum bags are standing singing banned songs then you can see why Sections N&G are annoyed? 

As for Rangers sorting out their own fans, ridiculous indeed ???.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Problem is that Rangers won't deal with their own fans .. they have had years to do something and we probably have passed over seat numbers etc but yet the hoardes still turn up spouting their bile 

just a theory and I could be wrong but if we dented the bigotry in the away end there would be less reason for our so called fans to come into the home end and so likewise - far more bigots to empty from the away end as they all sing to a man but and I sometimes see it as a catalyst for our own support to react - not saying that's right but it's why I think only with consistency at both ends will we rid ourselves of this shite for good 

The condemnation of section N is disgraceful. 

We all know that everyone stands in section N, it’s just one of those things. Ah it’s against the rules they cry! These unofficial standing sections are in every ground up and down the country. Why not look at safe standing at Tynie? We’ve got the perfect section to guinea pig it in. 

I was pleased with what I heard and I’m very appreciative the club is in very safe hands financially. 

Let’s see what the second half of the season brings. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would you like to eradicate swearing? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say that did I? I’m all for sorting out our own problems but if you’re sitting behaving yourself and these scum bags are standing singing banned songs then you can see why Sections N&G are annoyed? 

As for Rangers sorting out their own fans, ridiculous indeed ???.

It is ridiculous but our fans can’t say they do it so we can do it. Doesn’t work like that. A lot of the people who are behaving unacceptably are aware of that and do it for that very reason I would think. To get up in arms about other fans of other teams is just deflection as far as Im concerned. Stated many times I love being in N but I know how to behave and theres a line that the club have drawn saying cross that theres consequences. Thats as simple as it gets to me

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's lots of things we should be able to do but it's the real world. Rather than create a fuss, just sit somewhere else. I know that's a shitty answer but it's better to just avoid hassle. If 50/100 people are standing you're never going to be able to get them to sit down just because you want them to. 

By your logic, no swearing and nobody who's had a drink should be allowed in the stadium. Is that the best outcome? Quite possibly, but it's not realistic. There's about 17,000 seats in the stadium that you could choose where you wouldn't be obstructed by people standing. It's not right, as you rightly say, but buying one of those is the easiest way to enjoy the game from a seated position rather than one of the few hundred that will have folk standing in front of you.

Is the solution a safe standing provision? Probably.

There are others SITTING in those 17000 seats, should anyone have to ask when buying tickets (impossible online) whether people stand and obstruct their view? Should those tickets go unsold, or be cheaper due to a restricted view costing the club money? You might be happy not doing or saying anything but most aren’t. My dad used to tell the police to move in the 70s “ I didn’t pay good money to see the back of your ****ing head” so I can only imagine what he would say if some eejit stood in his way now.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Would you like to eradicate swearing? 

From myself yes.

It will be hard to ever do that unless players and managers on the pitch stop it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

It is ridiculous but our fans can’t say they do it so we can do it. Doesn’t work like that. A lot of the people who are behaving unacceptably are aware of that and do it for that very reason I would think. To get up in arms about other fans of other teams is just deflection as far as Im concerned. Stated many times I love being in N but I know how to behave and theres a line that the club have drawn saying cross that theres consequences. Thats as simple as it gets to me

Equally, there is no reason why the club cannot target away fans misbehaviour AT THE SAME TIME!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’m not defending the poor behaviour at all and it needs to stop, in all areas of our ground but the worst parts are N&G plus the away end and we’re not really doing anything about that yet.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From myself yes.

It will be hard to ever do that unless players and managers on the pitch stop it. 

Can I ask what gives you the right to suggest how people should act? 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Can I ask what gives you the right to suggest how people should act? 

I’m only echoing what the club has said. What gives you the right to question me or say the club is overreacting in its condemnation of section N? 

We are all free to say and do as we wish until it crosses a line and affects others, throwing flares, standing in a steep stand , singing sectarian songs and allegedly racially abusing players is crossing the line wouldn’t you agree?

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are others SITTING in those 17000 seats, should anyone have to ask when buying tickets (impossible online) whether people stand and obstruct their view? Should those tickets go unsold, or be cheaper due to a restricted view costing the club money? You might be happy not doing or saying anything but most aren’t. My dad used to tell the police to move in the 70s “ I didn’t pay good money to see the back of your ****ing head” so I can only imagine what he would say if some eejit stood in his way now.

No, because they are usually the sought after tickets because people enjoy being in those areas. 

Yes, it's against the rules but some folk like to stand at the football so the congregate in one area which actually minimises their impact on the majority. Leave them to it, as I say there are plenty seats elsewhere in the ground. I'm not having the argument that there are no others available, there's been a handful of games this year where that may have been the case but they've been few and far between. The guy himself said he moved to other seats in the end. It's not impossible to avoid online either, you just look for any section that isn't called N or G. I do it every game I attend, I've not once ended up stuck behind people standing. Roseburn, Gorgie and 90% of the Main and Wheatfield are fine.

It doesn't make it right but it's just being obtuse to go and sit at the back of G and then moan about folk standing. What do you expect? 

I've taken this way off topic though so I'm happy to accept we don't agree with the solution but I do agree with you that it isn't right in the first place. I'll continue booking seats that aren't in areas where I'll be cutting my nose off to spite my face 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

No, because they are usually the sought after tickets because people enjoy being in those areas. 

Yes, it's against the rules but some folk like to stand at the football so the congregate in one area which actually minimises their impact on the majority. Leave them to it, as I say there are plenty seats elsewhere in the ground. I'm not having the argument that there are no others available, there's been a handful of games this year where that may have been the case but they've been few and far between. The guy himself said he moved to other seats in the end. It's not impossible to avoid online either, you just look for any section that isn't called N or G. I do it every game I attend, I've not once ended up stuck behind people standing. Roseburn, Gorgie and 90% of the Main and Wheatfield are fine.

It doesn't make it right but it's just being obtuse to go and sit at the back of G and then moan about folk standing. What do you expect? 

I've taken this way off topic though so I'm happy to accept we don't agree with the solution but I do agree with you that it isn't right in the first place. I'll continue booking seats that aren't in areas where I'll be cutting my nose off to spite my face 

That’s ok if you know where to avoid, we are trying to encourage more people to come (tourists to be blunt) and it might put them off being stuck in a seat they can’t see the game from. It is off topic though, apologies.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m only echoing what the club has said. What gives you the right to question me or say the club is overreacting in its condemnation of section N? 

We are all free to say and do as we wish until it crosses a line and affects others, throwing flares, standing in a steep stand , singing sectarian songs and allegedly racially abusing players is crossing the line wouldn’t you agree?

Countless people stand all over the UK every weekend and the recent North London derby the whole stadium stood. I think you're just a bit of a miserable Richard tbh. No offence. "Standing in steep stands." You tell me the last time someone has fallen from their section while standing watching a game. I'll bet there's more chance of me dying from heat stroke in Fife today. So give up with the disingenuous crap.

That or you're trolling. People will stand while Budge is here and long after. Whether you like it or not so you're just going to have to deal with it  We need to get rid of the nasty people that are racist and throw objects,  no argument there.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The right I have to question you is that we’re on a forum discussing this topic. 

Has the club stated it wants to end fans swearing at the games? This would be an utterly ridiculous request. 

Of course doing any of things you suggest is wrong. Those type of comments don’t help move the debate on. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

It would , though it would probably be more boring to be honest.

I'd probably be more opinionated if i could hide behind a user name. Last time I did that on sectarianism (ages and ages ago before people realised abuse on the internet was still abuse) it got me a threat to my family

I've been going to football matches at Tynecastle for nearly 40 years, and like the vast majority of my fellow fans, I've never once been threatened with being banned from my own ground. So I guess the moral of that story is, it's entirely possible to go to football and not be banned, and without being too pointed, it's entirely the responsibility of those being threatened with a ban to sort it and nobody else.

Edited by pcw1874

17 hours ago, siegementality said:

At the beginning of the season did you honestly believe - for one second - that we would ever be in a position that there would be a title decider against Celtic at Tynecastle?

No, but why take away your flexibility on ticket allocation to Hearts fans by making an agreement at the start of the season????

We may not have a title decider but we could have a decider with Rangers for 2nd place - another game that many Hearts fans would want to see.

As I've said before, IMO the sensible move at the start of the season would have been to guarantee them two sections, and more may be available nearer the time - if there was no big demand from Hearts fans then the OF get more tickets - no chance they would turn them down as there is a huge demand from OF fans for away tickets!

16 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Certainly a curt response (his, not yours). Presumably he also likes  defending the second ball which inevitably follows.

That was my next question but Scott Wilson hurriedly moved on to the next question!!

17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s a £250k judgement call to be made at the start of the season. After feedback today I think she will make a different call next season. 

Sounds like a panic judgement to me!

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Law of averages.

There are 1000's playing "soccer" in the US now, there must be a few at least who will go on to be top class players.

Getting "first dibs" on any potential talent can only be a good thing.

Seeing as you brought his name up, maybe not top class, but do you think PK would have thrown in the towel on Friday ?

I doubt it

Perry Kitchen wouldn't have been able to catch the towel to throw it.

17 hours ago, Ribble said:

It has been the clubs position for a number of years now, unless Season Ticket sales hit the point where it is reasonable to offer full ST's in the Roseburn Stand, then Cat A  opponents will be afforded the whole of the stand. 

If you want to stop the OF having the whole stand there is a simple solution, buy the requisite number of Season Tickets prior to ticket allocation agreements are in place for the following season.

Personally I couldn't give two hoots if someone who hasn't been all season wants to join in the fun come May and cannot get a ticket for a top 6 Cat A game. 

Where is this Club "position" stated because I am unaware of it?

By the way I'd rather have a Hearts fan joining the fun in May rather than a Rangers or Celtic fan!!

Sexton Hardcastle

Budge can’t win. 

See if this section N mess wasn’t happening and instead we were having another Shan season and the accounts came out and we had done the opposite with the OF and we were missing out on 250k per game. All because we agreed at the start of the year we would keep them for home fans but because hearts fans are probably up there with the worst for glory hunting and the walk ups were low we take a massive hit financially.

The same people would be going bonkers for missing out.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

By getting our own house in order it strengthens our case when telling "certain other clubs" why their allocation has been cut (which will happen, I'm sure of that)

I agree that we should get our own house in order.

I don't see why we have to explain to other clubs why we have cut their allocation.

It's our stadium we can invite who we like to visit.

We don't have to explain anything for league games.

We certainly don't have to agree to give the OF a whole stand to themselves. 

It certainly looks as if we have taken the OF cash up front for the season otherwise no need to commit for a whole season.

We are behaving like Killie and Motherwell etc

I never thought I would ever say this but I am losing faith rapidly in this regime.

They show no respect to the ordinary fans.

1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Budge can’t win. 

See if this section N mess wasn’t happening and instead we were having another Shan season and the accounts came out and we had done the opposite with the OF and we were missing out on 250k per game. All because we agreed at the start of the year we would keep them for home fans but because hearts fans are probably up there with the worst for glory hunting and the walk ups were low we take a massive hit financially.

Lets face it when you are the owner of any business with Shareholders there are always going to be those who are happy and those who are not.

That's just a fact of life. So long as she does not lose the backing of the majority of fans before her shareholding is bought out then she will see that as a good job done.

I think looking back over her ownership there are a lot more positives to take than negatives which is no mean feat with our fickle fans. 

Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Budge can’t win. 

Why would we lose out on £250k?????

As I've said - at the start of the season guarantee the OF two sections and tell them more may be available.  If the team are going well, and there is a demand from Hearts fans to buy up the other sections, the OF still get two sections.

If the team is not going well and there is no sufficient demand from Hearts fans, then the tickets for the whole stand are released to the OF. No chance they will not take them as their huge fan base clamours for away tickets!!

So where is the financial risk??????

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

I am very concerned that AB and CL are still fully committed to the 'succession' process i.e. if CL goes/moves upstairs again then Jon Daly or Austin McPhee will take over!  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46609010

I would imagine that promises have been made by LEVEIN regarding who takes over managing the team 

when he moves back to being a full-time DOF. We know Ann Budge is supportive of this happening 

regarding McCann or Daly and that should worry every Hearts supporter. To appoint another rookie 

in charge of a Hearts squad i believe is a mistake. We already know that after Cathro was sacked by 

Ann LEVEIN wanted Jon Daly to get the job but Ann Budge had already stated that the job would go 

to an experienced manager. And of all the applications from all over the world they made up a

short-list that was unbelievably short of talent which suited LEVEIN. Managing Hearts is a massive 

job that is not for an untried inexperienced manager.

Sexton Hardcastle
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Why would we lose out on £250k?????

As I've said - at the start of the season guarantee the OF two sections and tell them more may be available.  If the team are going well, and there is a demand from Hearts fans to buy up the other sections, the OF still get two sections.

If the team is not going well and there is no sufficient demand from Hearts fans, then the tickets for the whole stand are released to the OF. No chance they will not take them as their huge fan base clamours for away tickets!!

So where is the financial risk??????

Rangers fans claimed (didn’t last long) they would boycott teams who voted them down after they went broke. Celtic fans might also so **** off to giving us money giving our growing hate for them.

So yes it is a risk. As a business decision it is completely understandable while there is no guaranteed home demand to sign up for the weegie dollar. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm not. I'm just pointing out a racist is a racist, irrespective of how they are using their bodies.

Apologies, misread the tone of your message.

So:

Our fans are shite  (Behave like naughty school boys)

The team is shite  (Lilly livered lettuce leaves)

The manager is shite (Only one tactic and can't change it when we get a few injuries)

The D.O.F. is shite  (Insisting on staying with this crazy idea of mentoring the coaches into managers)

We are shite at finances  (£20 million now instead of £11 million for a mediocre main stand))

Roll up for 2019 it's sure to be a cracker.

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I don't see why we have to explain to other clubs why we have cut their allocation.

Never said we had to explain ourselves, but it would stop them bleating about "it's no fair" (not that I give a shit what they think)

It certainly looks as if we have taken the OF cash up front for the season otherwise no need to commit for a whole season.

Could be the reason, we were in need of cash earlier in the season for things like the pitch

Absolute nonsense

I never thought I would ever say this but I am losing faith rapidly in this regime.

I'm an ordinary fan and have never felt disrespected by the current regime

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Never said we had to explain ourselves, but it would stop them bleating about "it's no fair" (not that I give a shit what they think)

Could be the reason, we were in need of cash earlier in the season for things like the pitch

Absolute nonsense

I'm an ordinary fan and have never felt disrespected by the current regime

10 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Rangers fans claimed (didn’t last long) they would boycott teams who voted them down after they went broke. Celtic fans might also so **** off to giving us money giving our growing hate for them.

So yes it is a risk. As a business decision it is completely understandable while there is no guaranteed home demand to sign up for the weegie dollar. 

Rangers as you say no longer have this "boycott" and if Celtic fans didn't want to give us money they would have done so long ago - they've hated us for years!!

So no real risk IMO.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

You are aware that 2 individuals from different away supports have been charged with assaulting our players? A bit more serious than standing up. 

The away fans have to abide by the same rules as the home fans but, by not addressing this issue - even in statements, it gives the impression that away fans can do anything they want with impunity. 

It's not a good look. 

Edited by iainmac

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Equally, there is no reason why the club cannot target away fans misbehaviour AT THE SAME TIME!

Of course not , I have no issue with that and in fact do agree we should target all. However the reality is its very difficult for us to control who opposition teams sell their tickets too all we can do is ask or suggest they give them instructions. Unless we say no away fans if they can’t behave. How financially sound that would be I don’t know. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not defending the poor behaviour at all and it needs to stop, in all areas of our ground but the worst parts are N&G plus the away end and we’re not really doing anything about that yet.

As above with my reply to Geoffs very fair point. I agree but our options with away support are limited somewhat. We can directly control our fans behaviour and act on it. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Whether we guarantee them the full stand or give them the it 2 weeks prior to the game has **** all bearing on how many will travel through.

The stupidity of some people is really grating. The only difference between the two scenarios is that we're stopping Hearts fans getting to games if we had a wonderful season.

F'in hell this nonsensical argument is starting to annoy me. :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Where is this Club "position" stated because I am unaware of it?

By the way I'd rather have a Hearts fan joining the fun in May rather than a Rangers or Celtic fan!!

Budge stated it when we were building the new main stand, until we get to the point where Cat B tickets can't be sold in the Roseburn due to demand for full season tickets then Cat B tickets will continue to be sold and therefor allowing the whole stand to be allocated to Cat A away fans.

I'd rather have the near guaranteed income than an empty seat.

17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I would imagine that promises have been made by LEVEIN regarding who takes over managing the team 

when he moves back to being a full-time DOF. We know Ann Budge is supportive of this happening 

regarding McCann or Daly and that should worry every Hearts supporter. To appoint another rookie 

in charge of a Hearts squad i believe is a mistake. We already know that after Cathro was sacked by 

Ann LEVEIN wanted Jon Daly to get the job but Ann Budge had already stated that the job would go 

to an experienced manager. And of all the applications from all over the world they made up a

short-list that was unbelievably short of talent which suited LEVEIN. Managing Hearts is a massive 

Once FoH have the shares I do not believe there is any chance of this young coach succession thing continuing.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Rangers as you say no longer have this "boycott" and if Celtic fans didn't want to give us money they would have done so long ago - they've hated us for years!!

So no real risk IMO.

There's no risk apart from locking Hearts fans out. I wouldn't bother mate, you're probably being trolled anyway.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Once FoH have the shares I do not believe there is any chance of this young coach succession thing continuing.

One can but hope...

Just now, Ribble said:

Budge stated it when we were building the new main stand, until we get to the point where Cat B tickets can't be sold in the Roseburn due to demand for full season tickets then Cat B tickets will continue to be sold and therefor allowing the whole stand to be allocated to Cat A away fans.

I'd rather have the near guaranteed income than an empty seat.

Sorry I must have missed that. I cannot remember AB ever stating that this would be the policy to commit to giving the OF the whole stand at the start of a season.  Any chance of a link?

23 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Perhaps, though Alex MacDonald made a decent fist of it. Personally I think we should get the best Manager within our budget. 

What makes you think that? 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You are aware that 2 individuals from different away supports have been charged with assaulting our players? A bit more serious than standing up. 

The away fans have to abide by the same rules as the home fans but, by not addressing this issue - even in statements, it gives the impression that away fans can do anything they want with impunity. 

It's not a good look. 

No it doesn’t at all thats a very closed off view on it. Yes we could say away supporters likewise when misbehaving will have their seats reported to their clubs. Its up to them what they do however. Our focus is on our fans solely as it should be. 

To say awwww they do what they want so we can is just a ludicrous way to view it. He punched that guy and got away wi it so its ok for me to do it. 

We can’t stand on a moral high ground with anyone while we aren’t behaving. Standing happens fair enough but you have to then include it when stating that other behaviour is not acceptable. Authorities will be on top of us and there is also set rules for stadiums that we have to abide by so have to be seen to ensure our supporters are doing this.

Francis Albert

Sorry I must have missed that. I cannot remember AB ever stating that this would be the policy to commit to giving the OF the whole stand at the start of a season.  Any chance of a link?

I read "allowing the whole stand to be allocated" in the post you replied to as an option not a commitment. I don't think it was ever said until this week that we were committed to do so.