AGM Week

Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You are aware that 2 individuals from different away supports have been charged with assaulting our players? A bit more serious than standing up. 

The away fans have to abide by the same rules as the home fans but, by not addressing this issue - even in statements, it gives the impression that away fans can do anything they want with impunity. 

It's not a good look. 

She mentioned that they are looking at leaving the front two rows of the Roseburn empty to mitigate that. 

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What makes you think that? 

Because Levein will need to answer to a FoH appointed Board.

Sexton Hardcastle
5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Whether we guarantee them the full stand or give them the it 2 weeks prior to the game has **** all bearing on how many will travel through.

The stupidity of some people is really grating. The only difference between the two scenarios is that we're stopping Hearts fans getting to games if we had a wonderful season.

F'in hell this nonsensical argument is starting to annoy me. :laugh:

If we had a wonderful season being the key phrase.

You only have to look back over the past few years to see how feeble our home fans are when we aren’t playing well. Same can even go when we are playing half decent. If people wanted to watch hearts then they can buy season tickets and this would reduce the away allocation on an ongoing basis. Less demand for season tickets, we sell to the old firm. It’s a business. It gives us money for transfers and wages. It’s not rocket science.

Same clowns would be greeting had we not signed up for the apparent agreement and come January we had no cash for a loan wage or small transfer. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Because Levein will need to answer to a FoH appointed Board.

That won’t necessarily deliver what you want, or even what most fans want, imo. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I read "allowing the whole stand to be allocated" in the post you replied to as an option not a commitment. I don't think it was ever said until this week that we were committed to do so.

Yes I fully appreciate it should be an option throughout the season to allocate the whole stand to OF fans - however it should never have been a non-negotiable agreement made at the start of the season!

1 minute ago, sadj said:

No it doesn’t at all thats a very closed off view on it. Yes we could say away supporters likewise when misbehaving will have their seats reported to their clubs. Its up to them what they do however. Our focus is on our fans solely as it should be. 

To say awwww they do what they want so we can is just a ludicrous way to view it. He punched that guy and got away wi it so its ok for me to do it. 

We can’t stand on a moral high ground with anyone while we aren’t behaving. Standing happens fair enough but you have to then include it when stating that other behaviour is not acceptable. Authorities will be on top of us and there is also set rules for stadiums that we have to abide by so have to be seen to ensure our supporters are doing this.

So tackle them both at the same time! 

If you're going to shut Section N, shut a section of the misbehaving away fans at the same time & tell them, if they don't behave, we'll shut another untul they are reduced to numbers that are able to be policed. 

There are loads of tangible offences that the OF, Aberdeen & Hibs could be easily tagged with. 

Just to brush this aside and say "it's too difficult" makes the club look weak IMO. 

Just for the record, dysfunctional behaviour should be tackled wherever it occurs in the stadium. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

That won’t necessarily deliver what you want, or even what most fans wanr, imo. 

More chance of delivering it than our current 'dictatorship' - with all due respect to AB.

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

So tackle them both at the same time! 

If you're going to shut Section N, shut a section of the misbehaving away fans at the same time & tell them, if they don't behave, we'll shut another untul they are reduced to numbers that are able to be policed. 

There are loads of tangible offences that the OF, Aberdeen & Hibs could be easily tagged with. 

Just to brush this aside and say "it's too difficult" makes the club look weak IMO. 

Just for the record, dysfunctional behaviour should be tackled wherever it occurs in the stadium. 

Have the club said its too difficult for the club to address away fans behaviour? 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

She mentioned that they are looking at leaving the front two rows of the Roseburn empty to mitigate that. 

That'll show them. 

That'll stop the coins, lighters, flares, sectarian singing,  graffiti being sprayed, tubes running on the pitch etc. 

Just now, iainmac said:

That'll show them. 

That'll stop the coins, lighters, flares, sectarian singing,  graffiti being sprayed, tubes running on the pitch etc. 

It may stop them attacking players though. 

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

You only have to look back over the past few years to see how feeble our home fans are when we aren’t playing well. Same can even go when we are playing half decent. If people wanted to watch hearts then they can buy season tickets and this would reduce the away allocation on an ongoing basis. Less demand for season tickets, we sell to the old firm. It’s a business. It gives us money for transfers and wages. It’s not rocket science.

Same clowns would be greeting had we not signed up for the apparent agreement and come January we had no cash for a loan wage or small transfer. 

FFS why would we have no cash??????

For the umpteenth time - at the start of the season tell the OF they are getting  2 sections with the possibility of more nearer the time.

If there is not sufficient demand from Hearts fans for the other 3 sections - release them to the OF on a game by game basis - no chance their fans wouldn't buy them up!

THAT'S not rocket science!!!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The key point I made was guaranteeing them the full stand is pointless so there was no reason to do it. What if none of our players got injured and we somehow kept winning. Imagine a title decider at Tynecastle at the end of the season and Budge has promised Celtic the whole stand.

Very unlikely I know but this agreement does absolutely nothing apart from lock out Hearts fans. The old Firm will sell out the Roseburn regardless. It makes absolutely no business sense to guarantee them the full stand. Surely you see that?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Have the club said its too difficult for the club to address away fans behaviour? 

I don't think the club have said very much about the away fans at all. It was more of a response to your statement that "our focus is on our fans solely as it should be". 

We need to tackle both. 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

That'll show them. 

It may stop them punching our keeper - unless they have the reach of Tyson Fury....

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

The key point I made was guaranteeing them the full stand is pointless so there was no reason to do it. What if none of our players got injured and we somehow kept winning. Imagine a title decider at Tynecastle at the end of the season and Budge has promised Celtic the whole stand.

Very unlikely I know but this agreement does absolutely nothing apart from lock out Hearts fans. The old Firm will sell out the Roseburn regardless. It makes absolutely no business sense to guarantee them the full stand. Surely you see that?

You're wasting your time mate - some are either thick, have their head in the sand, or are just trolling!!

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes I fully appreciate it should be an option throughout the season to allocate the whole stand to OF fans - however it should never have been a non-negotiable agreement made at the start of the season!

Agreed. I dont think ann is quite the paragon of openess and honesty some claim. Comfortably clearing the bar set by predecessors was not much of a challenge.

Sexton Hardcastle
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

For the umpteenth time - at the start of the season tell the OF they are getting  2 sections with the possibility of more nearer the time.

If there is not sufficient demand from Hearts fans for the other 3 sections - release them to the OF on a game by game basis - no chance their fans wouldn't buy them up!

Maybe you should have attended the AGM and asked them this point. I’m not disagreeing with the principle.

All im saying is as a business decision, it makes sense. Guaranteeing money comes first. 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

I don't think the club have said very much about the away fans at all. It was more of a response to your statement that "our focus is on our fans solely as it should be". 

We need to tackle both. 

Indeed , but my point is when we have had issues with our own fans and the authorities will be on top of us. We have to be seen to being focussed solely on our fans and dealing with that to deflect to away fans will be seen as just that a deflection by the powers that be and do us no favours. Had the person/vegetable/tree or whatever they identify as not thrown the coin at Lennon we would of had a place to go at away fans from. However that was the main focus then following that up with the alleged racism we have no wiggle room to chastise away fans for now.

Safe standing is the same Lower N would be the perfect place but with fans behaviour I would imagine thats very much off the table now and kicked way down the road. People screaming for it have to look logically. Can’t get people to behave as it is why should rhe club then say ok we will give you safe standing to be in?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. I dont think ann is quite the paragon of openess and honesty some claim. Comfortably clearing the bar set by predecessors was not much of a challenge.

Nicely put FA.

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Maybe you should have attended the AGM and asked them this point. I’m not disagreeing with the principle.

All im saying is as a business decision, it makes sense. Guaranteeing money comes first. 

A good business also has to look after it's own customers.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Do they pay us the money at the start of the season for tickets? If not it makes no logical sense.

Calebs Grandad

I think at times perspective is badly needed. We are 5th in the league at present 4pts off top place. We have a stadium built to last that is virtually full every home game. We are financially secure due to having a support, owner included,  built on one of the proudest histories of any club in the world. We have a manager whose vision of how he wanted football played saw us top the table until a very hard hitting injury crisis showed where our weaknesses lie. We aren’t cursed with groups of brain dead clowns who insist on calling themselves Brigades or Battalions whilst pretending they have some link to paramilitaries in a country 90% have probably never set foot on. We aren’t cursed with other brain dead clowns who allow their clubs badge to be placed on the same flag as an English team that show a link to Nazism yet are owned by a Jew, you couldn’t make it up!. We aren’t cursed with having a dominant rival in our city that we are forever in their shade.  Out of 15-16,000 supporters we have a few, very few,  that occasionally voice opinions different from what many see as acceptable during the odd home game. Being born and bred Hearts really isn’t a bad thing these days as we can relate to a time not that long ago when virtually every aspect of this was a negative. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You're wasting your time mate - some are either thick, have their head in the sand, or are just trolling!!

I've fell into the same trap. :silviodamn:

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not convinced that Rangers and Celtic wouldn’t only take the initial two offered to prove a point. 

So according to the financial experts we don't budget for the year ahead with the information we've gathered from seasons past, we again budget on the hoof and mess staff around, mess the emergency services around and generally create more work for everyone involved. 

There's a few on here who couldn't run a bath. 

Edited by Oliver Twist

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , but my point is when we have had issues with our own fans and the authorities will be on top of us. We have to be seen to being focussed solely on our fans and dealing with that to deflect to away fans will be seen as just that a deflection by the powers that be and do us no favours. Had the person/vegetable/tree or whatever they identify as not thrown the coin at Lennon we would of had a place to go at away fans from. However that was the main focus then following that up with the alleged racism we have no wiggle room to chastise away fans for now.

Safe standing is the same Lower N would be the perfect place but with fans behaviour I would imagine thats very much off the table now and kicked way down the road. People screaming for it have to look logically. Can’t get people to behave as it is why should rhe club then say ok we will give you safe standing to be in?

The guy that threw the coin was sitting in premium seating - nowhere near Section N - so threatening to close Section N seems to be an OTT reaction to that. The "alleged racism" incident - I sit on the other side of the stadium so have no idea what did / didn't happen - but I note that Ann has now said it's not as clear as first thought. 

Ann is trying to make a point - I get that. 

I just think that picking on a section of the home support & threatening to close it without addressing other areas of the ground is a bit of an OG. 

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Not with objects. 

No, but the recent arrests were for direct assaults. Regardless how many if them there are it’s not easy to stop, or catch the perpetrators of, the behaviours you mention. 

Sexton Hardcastle
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

A good business also has to look after it's own customers.

If there is no money in the business it becomes defunct and the customers (fans) are irrelevant.

Given what happened a few years back I think you and others could maybe appreciate this fact.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

No, but the recent arrests were for direct assaults. Regardless how many if them there are it’s not easy to stop, or catch the perpetrators of, the behaviours you mention. 

The "it's too difficult" defence. 

The recent assaults actually forced the Police into action in the away end. Normally, they turn a blind eye to almost everything else that goes on in there. 

We are making a rod for our own back here!

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not convinced that Rangers and Celtic wouldn’t only take the initial two offered to prove a point. 

They have previously.

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

So according to the financial experts we don't budget for the year ahead with the information we've gathered from seasons past, we again budget on hoof and mess staff around, mess the emergency services around and generally create more work for everyone involved. 

Ok, OT, with a ticket arrangement in place before a ball is kicked, that's a good thing ?

Plenty people want the OF allocation cut for a variety of reasons but to put in place terms that can't be changed is nuts. 

Aye, give them the whole end if we can't sell them but have a caveat in place that allows flexibility if the team are flying !

That's it...no mystery, just common sense.

If there is no money in the business it becomes defunct and the customers (fans) are irrelevant.

Given what happened a few years back I think you and others could maybe appreciate this fact.

So only by agreeing to give the OF the whole Roseburn stand at the start of a season will save us from financial ruin will it???

A successful business depends on 3 inter-related drivers. 

Happy employees 

Happy customers

Great business results 

All 3 need to be factored in for a business to grow. 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The "it's too difficult" defence. 

The recent assaults actually forced the Police into action in the away end. Normally, they turn a blind eye to almost everything else that goes on in there. 

We are making a rod for our own back here!

To be fair, if it wasn’t difficult football would have solved all these issues years ago.

I’ve certainly no desire to see section N closed and would have thought additional cctv and checks on who enters ‘troublesome’ areas could be effective. 

Just now, Boab said:

Ok, OT, with a ticket arrangement in place before a ball is kicked, that's a good thing ?

Plenty people want the OF allocation cut for a variety of reasons but to put in place terms that can't be changed is nuts. 

Aye, give them the whole end if we can't sell them but have a caveat in place that allows flexibility if the team are flying !

That's it...no mystery, just common sense.

If the support had snapped up season tickets I have no doubt the allocation would have been cut. Exactly the same for next season. 

That expectation wasn't met, you then budget for the season ahead with cold hard facts, the OF fill out that end, its not really difficult to comprehend from any sensible financial point of view. 

It's just something else from the same posters on here to ****in moan about in my honest opinion.

21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The AGM was fairly predictable.

Further spending on the stand includes £0.8m on the changing rooms (Jun 19, but could be as early as March), £0.6m on the 3rd floor lounge (Jun 19), £1.6m on the 2nd floor (19/20 season) and ongoing refurbishment of £0.5m.

Just catching up with all of this FF so as you also stated in another post that spending on the redevelopment programme was £20.7m up to 30th November am I correct in adding on all of the above further spending to make the new total for the project £24.2m? The last figure I was aware of for the project was £18m. Apologies if this has been covered on previous pages and I've missed it. 

8 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

So according to the financial experts we don't budget for the year ahead with the information we've gathered from seasons past, we again budget on the hoof and mess staff around, mess the emergency services around and generally create more work for everyone involved. 

Show me where anybody has come out with that drivel Oly???

As for "messing" staff and emergency services, many matches up and down the country have ticket arrangement for cup ties announced within a couple of weeks of the game taking place - so that problem is only in your mind.

By the way I run a successful company - nice glass facades.........:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

If the support had snapped up season tickets I have no doubt the allocation would have been cut. Exactly the same for next season. 

That expectation wasn't met, you then budget for the season ahead with cold hard facts, the OF fill out that end, its not really difficult to comprehend from any sensible financial point of view. 

It's just something else from the same posters on here to ****in moan about in my honest opinion.

Not really answering the, very good, question that we can't allow more Hearts fans in if we are doing really well. Nothing to do with ST sales.

9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The guy that threw the coin was sitting in premium seating - nowhere near Section N - so threatening to close Section N seems to be an OTT reaction to that. The "alleged racism" incident - I sit on the other side of the stadium so have no idea what did / didn't happen - but I note that Ann has now said it's not as clear as first thought. 

Ann is trying to make a point - I get that. 

I just think that picking on a section of the home support & threatening to close it without addressing other areas of the ground is a bit of an OG. 

The focus of the incidents and misbehaviour is there though. Hibs was like a game of badminton with stuff going from our fans to theirs from G (allegedly) and N (my mate was in N but i wasn’t at the game so have to go by his opinion) The coin that struck Lennon just brought everything into a national level of scrutiny , the police will have the opinion N and G are the areas of the home fans that need sorted out by the club and therefore we have to act towards them. If the people who wish to flout the clubs requests continue to do so they are ruining it for themselves and others unfortunately. Thats how it has to be if they just behaved for a month or more likely to the end of the season so they might get the club saying this has been sorted so we will therefore look at inplementing safe standing in these areas.

As it is no chance. The club have to do as required by the stadium rules that will be laid down by police , council , sfa etc and right now the focus is on us so its got to be a hardline

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Not really answering the, very good, question that we can't allow more Hearts fans in if we are doing really well. Nothing to do with ST sales.

Give up Boab - you're just having a ****ing moan seemingly...........:thumbsup:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

8 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's not. Some people are having difficulty though and you had the cheek to suggest others had difficulty running a bath, you're probably no allowed one unsupervised.

It will have no financial impact. Feel free to prove otherwise.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Show me where anybody has come out with that drivel Oly???

As for "messing" staff and emergency services, many matches up and down the country have ticket arrangement for cup ties announced within a couple of weeks of the game taking place - so that problem is only in your mind.

By the way I run a successful company - nice glass facades.........:thumbsup:

What's the company name so I can have a good forensic gander ?

I'd also suggest you could enhance your profits by spending less time on here

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

The focus of the incidents and misbehaviour is there though. Hibs was like a game of badminton with stuff going from our fans to theirs from G (allegedly) and N (my mate was in N but i wasn’t at the game so have to go by his opinion) The coin that struck Lennon just brought everything into a national level of scrutiny , the police will have the opinion N and G are the areas of the home fans that need sorted out by the club and therefore we have to act towards them. If the people who wish to flout the clubs requests continue to do so they are ruining it for themselves and others unfortunately. Thats how it has to be if they just behaved for a month or more likely to the end of the season so they might get the club saying this has been sorted so we will therefore look at inplementing safe standing in these areas.

As it is no chance. The club have to do as required by the stadium rules that will be laid down by police , council , sfa etc and right now the focus is on us so its got to be a hardline

Hard to believe that the moron that threw the coin hasn't been found yet but at least the national scrutiny continued with the coin that struck the Salzburg player at Celtic Park. ?

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

It's not. Some people are having difficulty though and you had the cheek to suggest others had difficulty running a bath, you're probably no allowed one unsupervised.

It will have no financial impact. Feel free to prove otherwise.

I shower, takes away the need for supervision. Try it some time.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Give up Boab - you're just having a ****ing moan seemingly...........:thumbsup:

Ha, probably !

If nothing else, it's a point that has been raised and, hopefully, looked at. In that respect....i'll continue !

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Oliver Twist said:

I shower, takes away the need for supervision. Try it some time.

Aye me too. :laugh:

I know you're just at the wind up, couldn't resist though.

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Hard to believe that the moron that threw the coin hasn't been found yet but at least the national scrutiny continued with the coin that struck the Salzburg player at Celtic Park. ?

Thats no different to Rangers and Celtic fans sing this so why shouldn’t we. We can’t use a defence of Celtic fans threw a coin at a Salzburg player so its ok for us to ignore what happened at Tynecastle. If media ignore its not right but unfortunately that injustice isnt a defence. 

Its psrhetic but if we said to them here yoir fans threw a coin at a Salzburg players their response. Your fan threw a coin at Lennon. Its all just deflection. If we take responsibility for our own fans then it sets a precedent from where we can try and make a stance.