AGM Week

Footballfirst

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm not sure that I have made myself clear.  My comment wasn't a meant to be criticism or a judgement on anything. All I noted, as an observation, was that the club has contributed £1.95m from its own resources towards the redevelopment programme in the last year, going by the AGM figures. If that is the case, then once the redevelopment programme is complete then that £1.95m should be available for other purposes, such as investment in the team.

It's a positive situation for the future, but I recognise the constraints that the current capital spending puts on investment in the team. It's something that I have posted about previously. That's why it is better for FOH funds to be spent on infrastructure projects that will provide a return on investment over several years, rather being invested directly in player transfers or salaries. If the player turns out to be a dud, then that is money down the drain.

Given the amount of money we've received from FOH and Benefactors I can't help but feel disappointed at how little we've achieved on the field.

Yes, there is the new stand but did we need to spend 20 million quid on it? That 1.95 million invested wisely could have seen us really put a challenge in this season.

As it stands a comparatively  awful Celtic team will still win the league and then strengthen again to open up a big gap. We'll be left hoping for 3rd place again in an admittedly excellent, but likely not at capacity new stand.

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm not sure that I have made myself clear.  My comment wasn't a meant to be criticism or a judgement on anything. All I noted, as an observation, was that the club has contributed £1.95m from its own resources towards the redevelopment programme in the last year, going by the AGM figures. If that is the case, then once the redevelopment programme is complete then that £1.95m should be available for other purposes, such as investment in the team.

It's a positive situation for the future, but I recognise the constraints that the current capital spending puts on investment in the team. It's something that I have posted about previously. That's why it is better for FOH funds to be spent on infrastructure projects that will provide a return on investment over several years, rather being invested directly in player transfers or salaries. If the player turns out to be a dud, then that is money down the drain.

Thanks, it’s very positive. Thought you were saying the £1.95m should have been spent on team. 

Captain Sausage
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I counted three, could have been five or six though. So it was roughly 400-5 in favour of re-appointment. 

:lol: outstanding. Shows how much noise the minority on here make. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I stand when we score. I stand when an incident happens in a corner because everyone else stands up. I stand up when the person in front of me stands up if they think a goal is going to be scored. Need I go on because I sit in section B in the  Wheatfield should my section be closed ?

Ann Budge is taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut.  

You don't throw flares which burn new pitch , doubt you sing sectarian songs , shout racist abuse etc etc

fabienleclerq
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You don't throw flares which burn new pitch , doubt you sing sectarian songs , shout racist abuse etc etc

There wasn't a flare thrown on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Smoke bombs.

I assume the rest of your post refers to “all round good guy and friend of JKB” Leigh Griffiths.

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Ok, what I though Ann Budge had said at the AGM was that we'd had to decide on away allocations before the season started, and therefore couldn't now change them.  From other things I'm reading, it seems I picked that up wrong and that we'd actually chosen to agree the allocations before the season started.  If the latter is indeed the case, I'd agree that it was probably a mistake to agree to give them the whole stand for the entire season, and that we probably should have left our options open.  However, I suspect we may well have been under pressure to agree that, possibly with the threat of further cuts to our allocation at their grounds if we didn't do so, and given that our season ticket sales had fallen, it might not have seemed like we were giving up very much. I can state quite confidently that, if we'd told rangers we weren't committing to them getting the whole school end until we saw how our season started, and they'd then cut our allocation for the first game at Ibrox, Ann would have been utterly slated by a significant number of people, derided as a delusional fantasist, and accused of letting our supporters down.

I'd also point out that there probably wasn't anyone on the planet who, before the season started, thought there was a possibility that we might have been in a position to put in a title challenge, after the way last season went.

So, my earlier post wasn't as ridiculous as you made it out to be ?

Cheers ! 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Smoke bombs.

I assume the rest of your post refers to “all round good guy and friend of JKB” Leigh Griffiths.

My post refers to plenty incidents of what I said aswell as buckfast bottle being thrown , bottom line is if some can't behave they shouldn't be inside Tynecastle park 

13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Probably be more than that but they wouldn't put hands up because pointless when motion would pass anyway 

That's a helluva assumption to make with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

When I was a teenager I did worse, a lot worse but you realise through time it’s wrong. You need to

communicate with these gadgys not close sections of the ground. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, graygo said:

That's a helluva assumption to make with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

Just going by what people say but as I've posted on here loads of times I'm a Ann budge and Craig levein supporter 

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Incorrect.

I sit in upper N and there was at least one maroon smoke bomb/flare which landed on the pitch in front of us.

55 minutes ago, weehammy said:

For the first time since he became DoF, his reappointment was opposed by a minority in show of hands.

This pleases me 

I'd love for him to shut me up though 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, mitch41 said:

When I was a teenager I did worse, a lot worse but you realise through time it’s wrong. You need to

Look we've had all this communicate with them etc etc when they were attacking team buses , causing havoc on trains , being warned time after time about there behaviour but they continue to draw attention to themselves and can't behave 

**** this agreement to give the entire Roseburn to the OF!

Can only assume it is because we get the money up front as the OF know they will always sell it out. So that's the OF using their financial dominance to gain more advantages.

Really don't agree with doing that, money can't be that bad we have to do it, and if it was true I'd rather we delayed finishing parts of the new stand than to keep bending over to the OF and giving them a ****ing advantage every game at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

He explained it pretty clearly. The squad is built to play a pressing game, keeping the ball in the final third. Worked well when Uche Naismith and MacLean were fit and able to retain possession in final third. Midfield could then push on hence number of goals for Haring and Lee. Uche and Naismith injuries put paid to that and we struggled for a few games due to poor ball retention up front. Still a challenge today and will be until Naismith, Vanacek and Uche are back playing. 

Cheers as much as i understand it 3 injuries down and we're now poor. Surely its his job to sign players who cover these injuries like most managers do

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I sit in upper N and there was at least one maroon smoke bomb/flare which landed on the pitch in front of us.

Yeah and burned new pitch

1 minute ago, kila said:

**** this agreement to give the entire Roseburn to the OF!

Can only assume it is because we get the money up front as the OF know they will always sell it out. So that's the OF using their financial dominance to gain more advantages.

Really don't agree with doing that, money can't be that bad we have to do it, and if it was true I'd rather we delayed finishing parts of the new stand than to keep bending over to the OF and giving them a ****ing advantage every game at Tynecastle.

?

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Nah we'll save fortunes.    No more expensive professionals when we have the bottomless pit of layman experise at our disposal.   

Exactly. No more having to rely on Chief Execs forgetting to order seats or having to replace architects and reconfigure their design of lounges, dressing rooms. Not to mention the poorly designed toilets which had the same number of arsenals as urinals. Don't be frightened to question the so-called experts.

Sexton Hardcastle

People claiming Budges words today were to deflect away from the current run of form on the pitch.

Hearts fans on social media are dangers weapons.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

People claiming Budges words today were to deflect away from the current run of form on the pitch.

This

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I asked him the same question at a fans night in the Gorgie Suite at the start of the season.

His curt response was "That's how I like to defend corners!"

Certainly a curt response (his, not yours). Presumably he also likes  defending the second ball which inevitably follows.

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

My point is it was a smoke bombs not a flare and if you are in N upper and only seen one you need your eyes checked! They're were a few thrown by idiots. 

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Obviously the communication didn’t work because it was handled the wrong way. Don’t just give up 

on these fans because they go over the score.

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, redm said:

Exactly. There’s no reason to think it’ll make any significant difference to us other than reducing our income. At this point, while there’s no massive demand from our side, it just reeks of daft pettiness. And yes, hibs did look awful silly. (As usual.)

Yeah they looked ridiculous winning 2-0.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

No. He doesn't know why that happened, only that the players lost their focus. It was discussed with the players yeaterday when they reviewed the video analysis.

He said he is struggling to find a system that works for the players that he currently has available to him. Naisy should be back on Saturday. He planned that Cochrane would play too, but is now unlikely following his injury yesterday.

Well that is blatantly obvious from our recent results. I dont suppose it has occurred to him that his job is to manage the resources he has. What an admission from a Manager that has been around Football for the time he has.

Edited by gowestjambo

Her Witch hunt against section N is bordering on ridiculous. Bigger issues than one section of Die hards. 

I love budge..she has done a great job overall.  But she has to let this one go. If she shuts this section down watch the ripple effect and gaps appearing. I get the whole family club vibe but this is football and there is always going to be a rowdy section who gets the atmosphere going.

Wouldn't be the same without section N.  

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Yeah they looked ridiculous winning 2-0.

They didn’t win because they left some empty seats, just like we managed fine to beat them 4-0 while they had the whole Roseburn.  ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Obviously the communication didn’t work because it was handled the wrong way. Don’t just give up 

on these fans because they go over the score.

Just turn blind eye to it while they cost us money paying the likes of Motherwell to repair toilets , fines , paying for damage to pitch and worse of all our reputation 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Her Witch hunt against section N is bordering on ridiculous. Bigger issues than one section of Die hards. 

I love budge..she has done a great job overall.  But she has to let this one go. If she shuts this section down watch the ripple effect and gaps appearing. I get the whole family club vibe but this is football and there is always going to be a rowdy section who gets the atmosphere going.

Wouldn't be the same without section N.  

So you think she should just turn blind eye to thugs 

14 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

FFS ? That doesn’t even make sense.

Aye, because nobody has really noticed that we’re struggling and it’s not like Levein spoke for a while about it today right enough. Jesus H.

15 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

My point is it was a smoke bombs not a flare and if you are in N upper and only seen one you need your eyes checked! They're were a few thrown by idiots. 

Had my eyes tested a few months ago thanks.  If you read my post again, you will see I wrote “at least one” implying one or more landed on the pitch.

It will be bingo next, we need good news fast like Naisy signing, to me we either are not offering enough or he is offski. Whatever longserving fans like myself are losing patience with this regime, to buy a season ticket next season looks a step too far based on all the propaganda and pish coming from that AGM.

44 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I stand when we score. I stand when an incident happens in a corner because everyone else stands up. I stand up when the person in front of me stands up if they think a goal is going to be scored. Need I go on because I sit in section B in the  Wheatfield should my section be closed ?

Ann Budge is taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut.  

I think most folk do that but that isn’t the real issue. 

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just turn blind eye to it while they cost us money paying the likes of Motherwell to repair toilets , fines , paying for damage to pitch and worse of all our reputation 

I never said turn a blind eye to the trouble these gadgys cause. Work to get them on-side instead of making enemies 

out of them. It will be Hearts making the right effort using the right people to make it work but it can be done.

Seriously this section N issue is getting beyond a joke.

Ann Budge should call a meeting for all section N season ticket holders, address the issues and list the incidents and let them have their say.

At least if there is some open dialogue between them a compromise may be reach without the need to shut the section. 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So you think she should just turn blind eye to thugs 

How are they thugs? I have sat there in the past and have mates who sit there and have never seen anything other than a bit of colourful language and standing. The media and club would have you believe this section was causing  carnage every week.

As for damage to toilets...do you have proof this was folks from section N 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I never said turn a blind eye to the trouble these gadgys cause. Work to get them on-side instead of making enemies 

out of them. It will be Hearts making the right effort using the right people to make it work but it can be done.

If people were making up horrible lies, calling me despicable names and wishing illness or death on me on social media I’m not sure I’d be interested in engaging with them. I’m fairly certain they don’t want to be engaged either. The fight is entirely of their own making,  having something to fight against is what they want. It unites them. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, redm said:

If people were making up horrible lies, calling me despicable names and wishing illness or death on me on social media I’m not sure I’d be interested in engaging with them. I’m fairly certain they don’t want to be engaged either. The fight is entirely of their own making,  having something to fight against is what they want. It unites them. 

This

19 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well that is blatantly obvious from our recent results. I dont suppose it has occurred to him that his job is to manage the resources he has. What an admission from a Manager that has been around Football for the time he has.

Should he have denied it? ?

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Ann Budge should call a meeting for all section N season ticket holders, address the issues and list the incidents and let them have their say.

At least if there is some open dialogue between them a compromise may be reach without the need to shut the section. 

Not a bad idea. 

Francis Albert
54 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for the clarification. I think it still begs the question of why the extra 1.95m was necessary. And of course its availabilty in the future depends on the "product" on the pitch.

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Work that should be getting done with them is get them paying for damage they cause etc 

Sexton Hardcastle
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Yeah maybe someone with more than two brain cells should hear their views on why they think it’s acceptable to shout sectarian chant, take the piss out of disabled children, lob smoke bombs on the park and generally act like complete clowns.

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They've had enough warnings but there answer to a warning is take to social media and abuse Mrs Budge and then go to the next home game with the intention of doing exactly what they were warned not to do so just get them to f##k