AGM Week

Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

If they have proof, fine, use it and ban the perpetrators. Don't vilify a huge chunk of loyal fans who are completely innocent of any wrong doing.

Still to see any evidence of our pitch being damaged because of a smoke bomb (I've only ever witnessed one flare at Tynie and that was the Bad Blue Boys from Zagreb in the Roseburn). Smoke bombs rained on the pitch from at least three sections against Hibs. The one I saw land on the pitch was opposite side  from N so it was either some throw or it came from somewhere other than N.

The point is, as others have eluded to, why are N being threatened with closure but other parts of the stadium free from criticism?

The pitch was damaged at Hibs game, you could clearly see the scorch mark at the next home game...a member of the grounds staff shook his head at a section of our support accompanied with the outstretched arm gesture usually associated with asking ‘why’ after the incident.

As to your other question...at a guess it could possibly be down to a number of different incidents in a relatively short space of time all from a similar area of the ground. There was a post earlier wishing that this would all just go away and that Ann would calm down. My only thoughts are that a blind eye was turned to standing for a year, this isn’t about standing (or at least not anymore). After the Hibs game if the folk in that section had just played the game (allowing the club to say ‘it’s fixed’) for a few matches everything would be back to normal by now...

I guess people at the club thought that the risk of no longer being allowed to watch the team might be enough of a threat just to dial it down a little for a few games...however, it appears to have done the opposite and we now have a strange game of brinkmanship where no one can win and yet again we have another day where headlines are being written about behaviour in our stadium. 

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Reading Levein’s comments he was honest as ever and made it very clear how much he cares and it hurts the recent run. 

He did did not say anything we didn’t know about the recent problems. In fact in some ways it is worrying. In that if you narrow down what he said we are essentially built round Uche. And if we can’t play it long and early and get it to stick we are essentially very poor. 

This is all a bit bit disappointing to be honest. We need to have more and be better than just that. 

All the more reason to have brought in another type of that ilk on loan until Vanecek arrives. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There's a family stand for a reason. The rights and wrongs of standing aside it amazes that folk seem to go out of their way to sit in areas that will give them reason to moan.

There’s kids all over the stadium now as the family stand is full. I sit in P surrounded by kids who have to put up with my disgraceful language.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks for that, very informative. Didn’t know Wighton was injured at all.

It seems that Cochrane has been targeted in reserve matches, especially the derbies ( 4 yellow card challenges in two games) . He has a small frame and will need to add muscle all over in the coming years.

Souttar did have a hip problem on the summer , he may well have a weakness there thats hopefully been solved. 

One more question, did he seem worried about the above average amount of injuries we seem to suffer?

Wighton’s only happened last week.

No, because the majority of the serious injuries were so random, there’s no pattern etc.  Said he expects them all back to fitness after the winter break.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, ando said:

Heard they were replacing section N with the press and section N moving to their seats

Ann said today that she would be splitting them up, moving then en masse to another section wouldn’t solve the problem .

6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The pitch was damaged at Hibs game, you could clearly see the scorch mark at the next home game...a member of the grounds staff shook his head at a section of our support accompanied with the outstretched arm gesture usually associated with asking ‘why’ after the incident.

As to your other question...at a guess it could possibly be down to a number of different incidents in a relatively short space of time all from a similar area of the ground. There was a post earlier wishing that this would all just go away and that Ann would calm down. My only thoughts are that a blind eye was turned to standing for a year, this isn’t about standing (or at least not anymore). After the Hibs game if the folk in that section had just played the game (allowing the club to say ‘it’s fixed’) for a few matches everything would be back to normal by now...

I guess people at the club thought that the risk of no longer being allowed to watch the team might be enough of a threat just to dial it down a little for a few games...however, it appears to have done the opposite and we now have a strange game of brinkmanship where no one can win and yet again we have another day where headlines are being written about behaviour in our stadium. 

If they have evidence, use it and ban the trouble makers. Are you advocating punishing whole swathes of our support who don't cause trouble?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Wighton’s only happened last week.

No, because the majority of the serious injuries were so random, there’s no pattern etc.  Said he expects them all back to fitness after the winter break.

Good stuff, thanks for the info.

Pasquale for King
Just now, luckydug said:

Will it be the whole section N closed or just the front section ?

I would imagine just the bottom part, about 200-300 seats. I don’t think there would be enough space to fit the whole section somewhere else, I think it’s lower N & G that had the emails about their behaviour.

Nelly Terraces
6 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

also cares about :

families

being all edinburgh united with leanne and the hibees

ladies football

"match day experiences"

telling fans how they should 'enjoy' their match day experience

spending massive amounts on a frankly fairly average stand

tourists

the old firm bigoted coin

fortunately there are, or will be soon, swarms of families to take up the slack should a few of the rank and file become a bit disillusioned

Absolutely.

When you've made an absolute roger hunt of the finances (multi million black hole in stand funding) & your choice of manager is an utter joke, with results to match - just turn on your own supporters. Completely obsessed about the standing at games issue, as if it's the biggest thing that should concern anyone at HMFC never mind the owner.

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Absolutely.

When you've made an absolute roger hunt of the finances (multi million black hole in stand funding) & your choice of manager is an utter joke, with results to match - just turn on your own supporters. Completely obsessed about the standing at games issue, as if it's the biggest thing that should concern anyone at HMFC never mind the owner.

Nap you were one of the ‘we’re gonna win the league’ patrol back in September but now the manager is a joke after a poor run of results. 

Such a confused set set of fans we have.

It’s palpable the negativity on here right now. 

We we are all clearly frustrated but hate to think how this going to go down if we lose to Aberdeen and Hibs in the next couple of weeks. 

14 minutes ago, JyTees said:

If they have evidence, use it and ban the trouble makers. Are you advocating punishing whole swathes of our support who don't cause trouble?

No I am not.

However, I can see the logic that if you threaten to ban or remove all, for the actions of a few, a policy of self policing comes in to play from those not involved or not wanting any escalation. If the incidents were, as debated on here, just high jinx or misheard lyrics then surely that’s a better outcome than banning people for life?

Clearly this isn’t working though...

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Absolutely.

Yeah I'm getting really pissed off about this. Fan behaviour, is fan behaviour. Some people will be idiots - thats life she needs to get over it. As for the standing, maybe its about time we actually investigated this and look at implementing it in the lower end of a stand. Let people stand freely in a specially designed area. 

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We we are all clearly frustrated but hate to think how this going to go down if we lose to Aberdeen and Hibs in the next couple of weeks. 

And then we will beat Hamilton and we will be title contenders again.

Your average fan on here is just utter rocks for brains. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe its about time we actually investigated this and look at implementing it in the lower end of a stand. Let people stand freely in a specially designed area. 

I agree with this...however, today was the perfect opportunity for someone to ask for exactly this at the AGM. As far as I know it wasn’t asked. There is another opportunity tomorrow but it’s the less influential forum (for the moment).

10 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

And then we will beat Hamilton and we will be title contenders again.

Your average fan on here is just utter rocks for brains. 

We play Hamilton before Hibs.

Just saying.

52 minutes ago, OTT said:

This is a ****ing nonsense. Ann needs to calm the **** down and remember that these are paying customers and among the most loyal and passionate within our fan base. I'm getting sick to my back teeth about hearing about this. Everytime she mentions it, it tars ALL hearts fans with the same brush because unfortunately 'tiny minority' is a bit wordy for a headline. 

I wish she'd just focus on the business. If fan behaviour is impacting sponsorship then she needs to be candid about this. If not, then unless anything unacceptable happens then just leave it alone. Its so hypocritical to attack our own fans whilst offering celitc and the huns with all the bile they spew the full stand. 

OF COURSE IT'S affecting all HEARTS FANS, what bit don't you understand, racist pish affecting all,  'we are all Tommy Effin Robinson' ashamed to my core by people accepting this? real name Lennon  for the Uber bigots to be confused by ? I doubt you have any teeth, never mind back teeth.

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not convinced by that. It would have been ridiculous for him to say I’ve found the right formation. 

Without his favoured players, he has opted for a pedestrian style with no attacking intent. We have failed to compete and been outfought, there is no excuse for that.

2 hours ago, Rods said:

I think Budge is going about this the wrong way.

We should be weeding out the bigots and racist but it seems she is trying to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This is going too far.  First she targets the bigots, then it's the racists, now she wants to chuck out the babies.

At this rate there'll only be Porto and Jono left and I'm not even sure of Jono's chances.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
22 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

No I am not.

However, I can see the logic that if you threaten to ban or remove all, for the actions of a few, a policy of self policing comes in to play from those not involved or not wanting any escalation. If the incidents were, as debated on here, just high jinx or misheard lyrics then surely that’s a better outcome than banning people for life?

Clearly this isn’t working though...

So I'm expected to be PC Plod? Call me crazy but how about she asks the police to do their ****ing job? ?

2 minutes ago, geomac said:

OF COURSE IT'S affecting all HEARTS FANS, what bit don't you understand, racist pish affecting all,  'we are all Tommy Effin Robinson' ashamed to my core by people accepting this? real name Lennon  for the Uber bigots to be confused by ? I doubt you have any teeth, never mind back teeth.

:D 

Surprised you have any teeth left after that bite. 

Tommy Robinson or whatever pseudonym he's using can go away. The stronger Ann fights these people the more they'll dig in. Ann acting like a few idiots is the coming of the 4th reich is a total over reaction and not likely to solve any problems. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Interesting that Uche's injury did not occur in the well documented challenge with the Motherwell goalie, but later in the match when he twisted while the defender was standing on his foot. 

That would explain why it was his left foot that is injured when he tackled with his right foot.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We could be 8th by the turn of the year, and obviously behind Hibs.  The winter break wouldn’t be dull if that happens.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's much harder to find one halfwits who throws a coin in split second rather than group who constantly misbehaving 

Misbehaving  individuals maybe but you can't put  that on a section .

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 hours ago, JyTees said:

Do you have any proof of any of that? Do you think the club can close the section to a few hundred fans and tell them it's because they're guilty of any or all of the above?

A think it's harsh to close section because the vast majority well behaved but the minority should certainly be caught and banned 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 hours ago, jambocub said:

Misbehaving  individuals maybe but you can't put  that on a section .

No you right the vast majority in section well behaved 

8 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I didn't read anything in the post that suggests the people chose to sit behind standers on purpose. 

In fact, why would anyone voluntarily choose to spoil their own experience in such a way? 

No one in their right mind would purposefully choose to sit somewhere they didn't like, far less put their daughters through that experience.  

I've no idea.

I've seen he said he had no choice and that's where they were given which is fair enough. I used to go with my dad who doesn't like to stand much or sing at games so we'd sit in the gorgie or up the back of the old main stand. If the club had said here's a ticket for N or G we'd have asked for something somewhere else. 

I've been to a fair few games last minute this year due to where I live and I've still managed to have a choice of a few seats.

There's people who go every week in G and stand every week then one week a family comes along and doesn't like it, yet it's the regulars who are being disrespectful? Yes, okay, it's 'no standing' but come one, they've been doing it for years in G, and there's sections like that up and down the country at every stadium and every club. If you don't want that experience, you don't sit there 

I’m getting rather fed up of being used as some kind of verbal punching bag from the hierarchy of the club. 

I’ve never been critical towards Ann Budge, generally found myself arguing in her support with people but she’s having an absolute horror show over this. 

11 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Spot on Nelly but we are all meant to be doing cartwheels at the tie up with a USA soccer team. Wtf is wrong with our club at moment.

So anything potentially positive should be seen negatively because you’re not happy with some things?

17 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I am very concerned that AB and CL are still fully committed to the 'succession' process i.e. if CL goes/moves upstairs again then Jon Daly or Austin McPhee will take over!  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46609010

The succession process is as dead as the supposed continuity on the playing side and Principles of Play and selling on stepping stone players to England and all the other KPIs. The thought that putting out the cones for an underperforming team over a few seasons is the CV to get the Hearts manager job is laughable.  But what else is she supposed to say? 

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, OTT said:

This is a ****ing nonsense. Ann needs to calm the **** down and remember that these are paying customers and among the most loyal and passionate within our fan base. I'm getting sick to my back teeth about hearing about this. Everytime she mentions it, it tars ALL hearts fans with the same brush because unfortunately 'tiny minority' is a bit wordy for a headline. 

I wish she'd just focus on the business. If fan behaviour is impacting sponsorship then she needs to be candid about this. If not, then unless anything unacceptable happens then just leave it alone. Its so hypocritical to attack our own fans whilst offering celitc and the huns with all the bile they spew the full stand. 

Don't you think sectarian singing, flares, coins, racist abuse etc comes under the heading "unacceptable" ?

The Treasurer
34 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Spot on Nelly but we are all meant to be doing cartwheels at the tie up with a USA soccer team. Wtf is wrong with our club at moment.

Increasing the club profile abroad, access to potentially top class players

Maybe not the headline grabber you'd hope for, but definitely a positive move

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Increasing the club profile abroad, access to potentially top class players

Maybe not the headline grabber you'd hope for, but definitely a positive move

Top class players like USA international Perry Kitchen? This might be worth some cash to us but I wouldn’t expect much in the way of players. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Top class players like USA international Perry Kitchen? This might be worth some cash to us but I wouldn’t expect much in the way of players. 

Law of averages.

There are 1000's playing "soccer" in the US now, there must be a few at least who will go on to be top class players.

Getting "first dibs" on any potential talent can only be a good thing.

Seeing as you brought his name up, maybe not top class, but do you think PK would have thrown in the towel on Friday ?

I doubt it

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I am struggling to understand a threat to close Section N Lower at the same time as guaranteeing the whole of the Roseburn to fans who behave at least as badly as anyone in Section N but on a MUCH larger scale. 

Less revenue lost bigger kudos = too much revenue lost turn a blind eye 

every business will only do what's right as long as it doesn't impact heavily on its revenue ... and we're no different 

makes sense ?

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The OF pound is more valuable than the Hearts pound. 

makes sense ?

I’ve translated your post for you. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Why are you being argumentituve? I'm not justifying the racist abuse, whether the perpetrator was standing or sitting. 

I'm not. I'm just pointing out a racist is a racist, irrespective of how they are using their bodies.

28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't you think sectarian singing, flares, coins, racist abuse etc comes under the heading "unacceptable" ?

Don't think the anger or frustration comes from this or anyone disagrees with what you say,

it's that most probably want the rule applied and extended for all fans entering the ground , not just Hearts fans and unfortunately it doesn't seem that way at times 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I've no idea.

I've seen he said he had no choice and that's where they were given which is fair enough. I used to go with my dad who doesn't like to stand much or sing at games so we'd sit in the gorgie or up the back of the old main stand. If the club had said here's a ticket for N or G we'd have asked for something somewhere else. 

I've been to a fair few games last minute this year due to where I live and I've still managed to have a choice of a few seats.

There's people who go every week in G and stand every week then one week a family comes along and doesn't like it, yet it's the regulars who are being disrespectful? Yes, okay, it's 'no standing' but come one, they've been doing it for years in G, and there's sections like that up and down the country at every stadium and every club. If you don't want that experience, you don't sit there 

Your argument is a pile of shite to be honest, it basically says i should be able to be a selfish prick and if you dont like the fact that i do something that im clearly not supposed to and it affects other paying fans, including the future of the club support, then its their fault.

Whether an ST or a single ticket purchaser they should be entitled to a seat anywhere they want and to be able to watch the game, its that simple.

Anything else is people being inconsiderate arseholes.

Edited by Jamboelite

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Don't think the anger or frustration comes from this or anyone disagrees with what you say,

it's that most probably want the rule applied and extended for all fans entering the ground , not just Hearts fans and unfortunately it doesn't seem that way at times 

By getting our own house in order it strengthens our case when telling "certain other clubs" why their allocation has been cut (which will happen, I'm sure of that)

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Law of averages.

There are 1000's playing "soccer" in the US now, there must be a few at least who will go on to be top class players.

Getting "first dibs" on any potential talent can only be a good thing.

Seeing as you brought his name up, maybe not top class, but do you think PK would have thrown in the towel on Friday ?

I doubt it

Yes indeed he would, do you remember how bad he was in the four cup games versus Hibs, two of which he was subbed at halftime?

Can you name any top class Americans that play just now? Christian Pulisic is the only one I can think of and he’s progressing at Dortmund with great players and coaches around him.

There are over 30 million people playing soccer in the states and they’re still an average team, the World Cup in 1994 was supposed to usher in an era of dominance but it hasn’t happened. There are thousands of kids teams and a tie up with 4 or 5 is highly unlikely to produce anything I’m afraid. If we did this in an established football playing nation I would be much more positive about the chances of finding players good enough for us.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I couldn’t make it after all. Don’t we all hide behind our posting names? I would’ve put my own name when we joined all those years ago if it was allowed. At least I don’t have 1874 in my name ??.

Well I gave my name when I asked Ann to reduce the of allocation so anyone on kickback and at the meeting knows my name now. I really think this and other message boards would be a lot better, and a hell of a lot more civil, if real names were the norm

10 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Absolutely.

Your first sentence is total garbage.   A bit ironic after my previous post I suppose

Edited by XB52