Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

41 minutes ago, sadj said:

The incident prematch is when the alleged racial abuse happened. 

? Was this in the ground or outside ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I can’t find a single quote about the 20 fans. Wondering where it has originated from?

Sure it was the police who claimed it was a group of 20 or something. Robinson said he’d watched it though I think. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Sure it was the police who claimed it was a group of 20 or something. Robinson said he’d watched it though I think. 

Police only confirmed two people had been charged

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Of course they have a choice, what if it turns out the police (heaven forbid) got it wrong and they miss the Hibs game for example. Punnishing people before they are found guilty isn't on.

What if they try and intimidate any possible witnesses ?

The action Hearts have taken will have been on the orders of the Police.

Stop trying to use this as a stick to beat the club with.

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

There’s no quote about the 20 fans there.

Maybe Robinson didn’t say it. Might’ve just been mentioned in whatever report I read. 

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This one claims their was "vile taunts" from around 20 supporters during the pre-match warm up.

I know it's the Sun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3598717/motherwell-boss-stephen-robinson-blasts-hearts-fans-after-two-were-arrested-over-accusations-of-racism/

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

This one claims their was "vile taunts" from around 20 supporters during the pre-match warm up.

I know it's the Sun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3598717/motherwell-boss-stephen-robinson-blasts-hearts-fans-after-two-were-arrested-over-accusations-of-racism/

Sun or not that puts to bed a lot of our theories on the alleged incident and the kickback song idea to bed if true

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, redm said:

Maybe Robinson didn’t say it. Might’ve just been mentioned in whatever report I read. 

I know it's the Sun.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A0FE1678-AF05-44F0-B072-A871C6CDAE96.jpeg

None of these have a quote from anyone that it was 20 fans.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

There is, mate. Second paragraph.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

None of these have a quote from anyone that it was 20 fans.

Someone has mentioned 20 fans it’s in more than one report. The BBC one and the Sun so someone has said it or seen it to say that. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Who’s the quote from?

Ths guy who wrote the ****ing article, I would presume.

Capture.JPG

I’m not being obtuse, I’m asking who the 20 fans comment originated from. I’ve seen it suggested on here that it was Robinson/Budge/the police but there’s not a single quote to back that up and it doesn’t tie in with what I’ve been told happened before the match.

I’m not being obtuse, I’m asking who the 20 fans comment originated from. I’ve seen it suggested on here that it was Robinson/Budge/the police but there’s not a single quote to back that up and it doesn’t tie in with what I’ve been told happened before the match.

I could probably quote  you at least 6 journalists who have had it printed, do you think they have all made it up?

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I could probably quote  you at least 6 journalists who have had it printed, do you think they have all made it up?

Not necessarily but the initial comment must have come from somewhere

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A0FE1678-AF05-44F0-B072-A871C6CDAE96.jpeg

The article could be accurate, although perhaps a little misleading, in that 20 fans were shouting at the player but not necessarily using racial or sectarian language.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The article could be accurate, although perhaps a little misleading, in that 20 fans were shouting at the player but not necessarily using racial or sectarian language.

Apart from a few posters  who have been told this and been told that, and a handfull of folk who might've seen something but are not sure that what they saw was the incident in question,  then nobody actually knows and it's all speculation.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I seem to remember that the "media" (mainstream) said that the video was on social media. Certainly the Motherwell manager said he had seen it although he did not mention it being in the public domain.

Has anyone on here been able to find this "video" on social media?

I am only asking as there are 24 pages on this thread and as far as I am aware no one has mentioned actually viewing this as yet. 

I appreciate that 2 people have been charged by the Police and already banned by the club so it is "assumed" that they have a case to answer, but this is for the courts to deal with.

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I seem to remember that the "media" (mainstream) said that the video was on social media. Certainly the Motherwell manager said he had seen it although he did not mention it being in the public domain.

Has anyone on here been able to find this "video" on social media?

I am only asking as there are 24 pages on this thread and as far as I am aware no one has mentioned actually viewing this as yet. 

I appreciate that 2 people have been charged by the Police and already banned by the club so it is "assumed" that they have a case to answer, but this is for the courts to deal with.

Assumed being the correct word. It’s a fact of life that mistakes are made in all walks of life, and Police Scotland can be as incompetent as anyone else.

With Kickbacks super sleuths you can be sure if the video was out there, it would be on here by now.

It’s amazing what info we can dig up 

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Was always reported as alleged as far as Iv seen they have to word it like that.

Take it you didn't hear Jonathan on Sportscene. There were a fair few mentions on STV news as well and some BBC web articles.

They've all added alleged as of today.

4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Police Scotland can be as incompetent as anyone else.

More so, often. 

13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Assumed being the correct word. It’s a fact of life that mistakes are made in all walks of life, and Police Scotland can be as incompetent as anyone else.

With Kickbacks super sleuths you can be sure if the video was out there, it would be on here by now.

It’s amazing what info we can dig up 

Do you believe the Motherwell players, manager, the police and Ann Budge have all made a mistake?

Where's the evidence this took place before the game? And if it did happen before the game why would it take over an hour and a half to make the arrests?

Do you believe the Motherwell players, manager, the police and Ann Budge have all made a mistake?

I think it's plausible they've mistaken the chant. 10-20 fans chanting we hate Kickback. It's not like they'd be expecting it. Certainly the Motherwell staff and players probably never even heard of Kickback. If you were a black man warming up a couple of yards away from section N it could quite easily be misconstrued. "We hate Kickback". The arrested party apparently accused of chanting "we hate the blacks".

Honestly think it's more plausible than 20 Hearts fans involving themselves in a racist chant.

Are you convinced it was prior to kick off? Even that doesn't make sense. The stands empty when the players are warming up.

30 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Take it you didn't hear Jonathan on Sportscene. There were a fair few mentions on STV news as well and some BBC web articles.

They've all added alleged as of today.

I don’t pay much attention to the msm about this kinda thing , Jonathan Sutherland is a ****ing cockwomble of the highest order. One of the worst “journalists” for sensationalism. Read some of his match reports they are to vocabulary what i8 is to subtlety.

Anything iv seen has had alleged though. 

In terms of the incident. If it did happen prematch , Id assume investigations took place from then and once there was enough evidence or corroboration to arrest they would do that as they were leaving in order to cause as little risk to an escalated situation as possible.  

This was from a copper mate this could be whats happened

“If someone’s says something racist, but only one person hears the racism, as long as there’s corroboration of the statutory breach of the peace, the racist part just goes in as an aggravator”

Edited by sadj

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Mbulu was a sub so, I suppose he could have been warming up during the game no?

Exactly. The curve ball has been added by the alleged events taking place prior to ko. I've no idea if Frank's info is spot on or if there's been a wee bit Chinese whispers along the way, confusion added due to Mbulu warming up when it happened.

Just doesn't add up.

Dagger Is Back
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Do I believe that they all could make a mistake? Yes I do.

Have they in this instance? I don’t know. I haven’t seen or heard the evidence that they and others have.

The truth will eventually come out officially, and then we’ll all know for sure and not have to rely on internet chat.

The point I made was that PS are incompetent as any. I stand by that belief which is based on solid evidence.

10 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I think it's plausible they've mistaken the chant. 10-20 fans chanting we hate Kickback. It's not like they'd be expecting it. Certainly the Motherwell staff and players probably never even heard of Kickback. If you were a black man warming up a couple of yards away from section N it could quite easily be misconstrued. "We hate Kickback". The arrested party apparently accused of chanting "we hate the blacks".

Honestly think it's more plausible than 20 Hearts fans involving themselves in a racist chant.

Are you convinced it was prior to kick off? Even that doesn't make sense. The stands empty when the players are warming up.

The info in reports and from some people/staff at the game to me and I believe from Franks sources all confirm that the alleged racist abuse occured pre match. That would explain our subs warming up at a different end as some have also mentioned. From there the chant may have been kickback indeed during the game and not be part of the incident at all other than people assuming thats what its to do with. Although the reports do say around 20people were hurling abuse prematch so who knows maybe its just an attempt at getting out of a shit situation we are in.

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I don’t pay much attention to the msm about this kinda thing , Jonathan Sutherland is a ****ing cockwomble of the highest order. One of the worst “journalists” for sensationalism. Read some of his match reports they are to vocabulary what i8 is to subtlety.

Anything iv seen has had alleged though. 

In terms of the incident. If it did happen prematch , Id assume investigations took place from then and once there was enough evidence or corroboration to arrest they would do that as they were leaving in order to cause as little risk to an escalated situation as possible.  

This was from a copper mate this could be whats happened

“If someone’s says something racist, but only one person here’s the racism, as long as there’s corroboration of the statutory breach of the peace, the racist part just goes in as an aggravator”

A quick Google and you'll find a litany of racial adjectives being tossed around without the added alleged preceding it by the MSM.

Get your point re the arrests being made when leaving. I still can't comprehend how the offence could take place prior to the kick off in an empty stadium though.

John mcCartney

could be possible that within the hate kickback chant was one or two unsavoury characters who twisted the words a fraction when Mbulu was nearby warming up......eyes meeting,flare up etc

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

That would explain our subs warming up at a different end as some have also mentioned.

Just on this point. When were the subs warming up at a different end? Certainly not the case during the first half. Well players back and forward passed N for the whole first 45.

5 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

could be possible that within the hate kickback chant was one or two unsavoury characters who twisted the words a fraction when Mbulu was nearby warming up......eyes meeting,flare up etc

Entirely , the basics appear to be though it happened before the game and it was stuff directed straight at the Motherwell players. The chant is maybe something completely different.

4 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

That's actually crossed my mind, and I think more plausible than someone ranting abuse from an empty section where there's no hiding place.

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Just on this point. When were the subs warming up at a different end? Certainly not the case during the first half. Well players back and forward passed N for the whole first 45.

I don’t know it was mentioned on here a couple of pages ago. I have no idea who by off the top of my head. There is various different scenarios which could all fit but there is also good sources saying prematch is when the alleged incident occured. Either way imo the club have done the right thing and we can only hope as time progresses that it wasn’t what we as other supporters fear it to be.

9 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

I have no idea what happened and had avoided posting for that reason but that is definitely an interesting theory. An example of similar was when Sweet Caroline was hijacked by a few wanting to add a line about the pope.

Edited by Hungry hippo

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I don’t know it was mentioned on here a couple of pages ago. I have no idea who by off the top of my head. There is various different scenarios which could all fit but there is also good sources saying prematch is when the alleged incident occured. Either way imo the club have done the right thing and we can only hope as time progresses that it wasn’t what we as other supporters fear it to be.

I mentioned it but was just repeating what someone else posted earlier, never saw it myself as I was down on the concourse so can't confirm it but I assumed it was the half time kickbout. 

Edited by graygo

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yep, the truth will out and hopefully it's been one huge misunderstanding.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I mentioned it but was just repeating what someone else posted earlier but never saw it myself as I was down on the concourse so can't confirm it but I assumed it was the half time kickbout. 

?? 

7 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

If you know our history we were the first Scottish team to have a coloured professional player. 

Thought it was Andrew Watson? But then I guess he wasn't professional.

27 minutes ago, JyTees said:

At half time 

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Was it Robinson who claimed it was 20 fans?

First I heard 10-20 fans was Richard Gordon on Sportsound on my car wireless after the match. No idea where he got that from though. He said something along the lines of "10-20 fans were involved in the alleged incident". I'm not sure if the show is available on the iPlayer if someone wants to check. 

7 hours ago, JyTees said:

Where's the evidence this took place before the game? And if it did happen before the game why would it take over an hour and a half to make the arrests?

7 hours ago, JyTees said:

Before the match kicked off the Motherwell players were warming up in that half. There’s been an incident between Mbulu and a number of Hearts fans which has led to other Motherwell players getting involved. Stewards and police have then came over to deal with the situation.

The reason the 20 fans thing doesn’t make sense for me is because the incident before the game only involved a few fans. My own interpretation is that that section has then been getting filmed throughout the first half while the subs ran past and that’s maybe where the song thing comes in. The Well players, in presence of the manager, have been asked to make a quick ID of the fans involved in the ore-match incident using the video. 

This would explain why Robinson was able to talk about having seen the video when interviewed immediately after the match and also why the Motherwell subs weren’t warming up where the away team normally would at halftime.

Basing this on things I know did happen and what others have said. ??

Edited by To Be Frank

• cosanostra locked this topic