Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

If he ever finds he's got the heart for a battle and a challenge then he might have a chance in Scottish football. Let's forget this "he hasn't had a pre season" chat. So far he's played well within himself and delivered nil. Injured or not you don't forget how to play football.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

SC Looked better today. Some nice touches and a couple of good runs with the ball. 

Final pass let him down on two particularly good attack’s - one time when he played it right instead of left, when Djoum was in. The other time when Naisy played him in - I thought have a pop - go across the keeper - even if he saves it, there’s a chance he’ll spill it into the oncoming Djoum. He didn’t and squared it to Djoum who probably should have scored. 

He’s quite clearly short of confidence and the lack of pre season tells. 

There is a player in there and when he scores his first goal, sets one up, I’m hopeful the player will come to the fore. 

Naisy was constantly at everyone today, including him. Having him back will help guys like SC immeasurably. 

The pace he showed and the pass to Djoum was class . 

The ball was perfectly weighed and had ribbons on it . You can't blame him for Djoum not sticking it away . 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Clare will be a star for us

He had an opportunity to make a name for himself today

should have had a shot when  one on one with their keeper

I would also rather have seen him grab the ball for the Pen   I’m desperate to see him do well but needs to grow a pair ( hopefully Saturday ?

been here before
3 hours ago, ramrod said:

For the first time there looks like there is a player in there . 

Looks to have good pace and his touch looks more assured apart from his first pass today .

Much   more encouraging performance today . 

This has to be one of the most idiotic regularly rolled out cliches used in here. It means nothing.

There is "a player" in all of us. The over whelming majority of which are shite. The "player" I have in me is a combo of the genius of Zidane, the goalscoring prowess of Messi and the arrogance and sublime enigmatic natural talent of Cantona and who looks like George Clooney. However in reality its a fat, balding, middle aged arsehole with 2 fxxked knees who can just about survive a 10 minute kick about with a couple of P3 bairns in the back garden.

"There's a player in there" though...

1 minute ago, been here before said:

This has to be one of the most idiotic regularly rolled out cliches used in here. It means nothing.

There is "a player" in all of us. The over whelming majority of which are shite. The "player" I have in me is a combo of the genius of Zidane, the goalscoring prowess of Messi and the arrogance and sublime enigmatic natural talent of Cantona and who looks like George Clooney. However in reality its a fat, balding, middle aged arsehole with 2 fxxked knees who can just about survive a 10 minute kick about with a couple of P3 bairns in the back garden.

The **** you on about ?

3 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

I would also rather have seen him grab the ball for the Pen   I’m desperate to see him do well but needs to grow a pair ( hopefully Saturday ?

You there ? 

He walked up to get the ball but Michael Smith jogged up to the ball before he got there . 

CL has since confirmed Smith was the designated penalty taker , oh and his ball to Djoum was the right choice and perfectly weighted. Can't blame him for Djoum missing it , was a sitter . 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

See, I totally disagree here. Unless you were just using the reply for a funny retort, then it’s obvious what “there’s a player in there” means. Normally when this adage is applied to a player, it is pointing out that something other than skill/ability with the ball is holding him back, and in Clare’s case I don’t think there is much doubt about that.

18 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

He did show something when he came on.  He looked quite comfortable in possession and looked to have a change of pace which was nice to see 

59 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzźzzz

Just now, kimosavi said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzźzzz

Do you want Hibs to win on Saturday? Like you did last season.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz this is fun ?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Starting Clare against the vermin isn't a good plan if we want 3 points.

I agree He isn't fully fit yet 

letsalldothebeattie

Thought he had a good wee cameo today. Looked positive and direct maybe didn’t choose right option at one point when through on goal but much improved today. 

Few more cameos like that from the bench will do. 

I gave him a big cuddle at the FT whistle and told him that he is good enough to play for HMFC.

I'm a bit pished but I believe in the boy so much. I believe that he'll become a key player for us. He just needs to be backed, and the way he embraced me( a total stranger) at the end of the match today proves to me that his heart is in the right place and that he's desperate to do well.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

just don’t see where you get this assessment from. 

Neither do I. I know **** all about football in any meaningful sense. I just get the feeling that he's really short on confidence in a team short on confidence. I've seen enough in his poise, athleticsm, and the odd deft touch, to think that he could do well in a team on the up.

But then I rated Stvie Fulton as the second best midfielder in European football ever.

13 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz this is fun ?

We should start a poll... ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

I gave him a big cuddle at the FT whistle and told him that he is good enough to play for HMFC.

I'm a bit pished but I believe in the boy so much. I believe that he'll become a key player for us. He just needs to be backed, and the way he embraced me( a total stranger) at the end of the match today proves to me that his heart is in the right place and that he's desperate to do well.

tenor.gif

John mcCartney
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

fair play DG,respec   !!!

lets hope he fakn kicks on and shows us what he can do

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, been here before said:

We need more idiotic, regularly rolled out cliches imo.

Clare has been put in early due to injury's. He will be a good player for us.

As an aside is that patter vacuum The Real Romanov still knocking about?

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Clare has been put in early due to injury's. He will be a good player for us.

As an aside is that patter vacuum The Real Romanov still knocking about?

Yes... zzzzzzzz... ?

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

The pace he showed and the pass to Djoum was class . 

The ball was perfectly weighed and had ribbons on it . You can't blame him for Djoum not sticking it away . 

The ball he played you'd expect from a Sunday league player. I dont think he touched the ball in the last 10 mins of the game. I hope he comes good, at the moment I think he's rubbish. 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Hobo   you really should have waited for a better thread to have outed yourself 

5 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

SC Looked better today. Some nice touches and a couple of good runs with the ball. 

Final pass let him down on two particularly good attack’s - one time when he played it right instead of left, when Djoum was in. The other time when Naisy played him in - I thought have a pop - go across the keeper - even if he saves it, there’s a chance he’ll spill it into the oncoming Djoum. He didn’t and squared it to Djoum who probably should have scored. 

He’s quite clearly short of confidence and the lack of pre season tells. 

There is a player in there and when he scores his first goal, sets one up, I’m hopeful the player will come to the fore. 

Naisy was constantly at everyone today, including him. Having him back will help guys like SC immeasurably. 

Spot on, only other comment i would make is he seemed quite static at times and was slow off the mark to anticipate play in occasion, he should be constantly moving

34 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Can we maybe see if Spurs still want to take him off our hands?

Hahahaha! I get it!

Thats some brilliant patter, isn’t it? I see what you did there. ?

In case anyone else doesn’t quite get it, here’s what Anderson5 is meaning:

So, see Shaun Clare who was part of our winning team today? The team that bounced back again after some terrible form, and is a two game swing off second place? Well what A5 has done, is pick out one of the players in a squad shorn of confidence recently, and lampooned him. 

The beauty of this genius comedy gambit, is that Clare was a bit of a coup as a signing. Get this (it’s truly magical stuff), he was on the radar of bigger clubs than ours. :rofl:

So what Ando has done here, wait for it... is to ridicule the guy and use the fact he is highly rated as a stick to beat him with! :rofl:

I think this may be the 21st century equivalent of the first time an audience saw Russ Abbot! That’s the comedy genius we may be witnessing here!

My favourite bit was when he made out Clare’s previous high regard in the game was something to be mocked. That was the real rolling on the floor moment! :rofl:

Kickback really is outstanding these days. The wit and humour is such a step in to the unknown. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ando5 appear on one of those best of the Internet shows. Truly a special time to be alive and to witness such amazing humour. 

:wow:

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

5 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Hahahaha! I get it!

So, see Shaun Clare who was part of our winning team today? The team that bounced back again after some terrible form, and is a two game swing off second place? Well what A5 has done, is pick out one of the players in a squad shorn of confidence recently, and lampooned him. 

The beauty of this genius comedy gambit, is that Clare was a bit of a coup as a signing. Get this (it’s truly magical stuff), he was on the radar of bigger clubs than ours. :rofl:

So what Ando has done here, wait for it... is to ridicule the guy and use the fact he is highly rated as a stick to beat him with! :rofl:

I think this may be the 21st century equivalent of the first time an audience saw Russ Abbot! That’s the comedy genius we may be witnessing here!

My favourite bit was when he made out Clare’s previous high regard in the game was something to be mocked. That was the real rolling on the floor moment! :rofl:

Kickback really is outstanding these days. The wit and humour is such a step in to the unknown. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ando5 appear on one of those best of the Internet shows. Truly a special time to be alive and to witness such amazing humour. 

You’re giving me far too much credit. 

As Levein stated it was the complicated compensation scheme in England that put all English teams off signing him, perhaps if we were to make him available for the same fee we paid for him, Spurs (or the other teams that were interested in the summer) may be keen to speak. 

A deal which would probably suit all parties at this moment. 

6 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Hahahaha! I get it!

Theres 17 minutes I'll never get back 

9 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

9 hours ago, ramrod said:

You there ? 

He walked up to get the ball but Michael Smith jogged up to the ball before he got there . 

CL has since confirmed Smith was the designated penalty taker , oh and his ball to Djoum was the right choice and perfectly weighted. Can't blame him for Djoum missing it , was a sitter . 

Exactly how I saw it. The correct option was to play in Djoum and it was very good defending to prevent the goal.

8 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s hard to take anything @kimosavi says seriously given he wanted Hibs to beat us in a derby last season.At least the others who did have had the good sense to create new accounts under different usernames??

8 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I saw that at the end, next to the goals. Assumed you were a family member or friend. Did you say something to him during the match?

Edited by To Be Frank

25 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Exactly how I saw it. The correct option was to play in Djoum and it was very good defending to prevent the goal.

It’s hard to take anything @kimosavi says seriously given he wanted Hibs to beat us in a derby last season.At least the others who did have had the good sense to create new accounts under different usernames??

I saw that at the end, next to the goals. Assumed you were a family member or friend. Did you say something to him during the match?

Yip and i stand by it still 

I'd have taken a loss to Hibs IF IT MEANT CRAIG LEVEIN WAS SACKED at the time 

It doesn't suit peoples agenda to mention the Capital's part above though does it. Its a wee comfort blanket for a few on here 

I'm still no a fan off Craig or his management and it will go pear shaped eventually 

A win on Saturday and I'll be his best pal again 

Lose and well the pressure will be on him again just like it was this time last year 

FTH 

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

It doesn't suit peoples agenda to mention the Capital's part above though does it. Its a wee comfort blanket for a few on here 

I'm still no a fan off Craig or his management and it will go pear shaped eventually 

Lose and well the pressure will be on him again just like it was this time last year 

FTH 

Wanting us to lose to Hibs FOR ANY REASON

:cornette:

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Wanting us to lose to Hibs FOR ANY REASON

Correct. Verminesque behaviour.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, Anderson5 said:

As Levein stated it was the complicated compensation scheme in England that put all English teams off signing him, perhaps if we were to make him available for the same fee we paid for him, Spurs (or the other teams that were interested in the summer) may be keen to speak. 

Really? All I see is a young player with a bit of talent trying his best after injury in a new league. We are struggling for form collectively but working hard to try and turn it around, and yet folk are targeting a young player for abuse, and using his previous interest from bigger clubs as a stick to beat him with, when we should be trying to encourage him to fulfil his potential.

1 hour ago, Anderson5 said:

You never heard of Denis healey’s ‘Rule of holes’?

It states: ‘When you’re in one, stop digging’ ?

24 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

FTH 

Embarrassing 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Just shouted words of encouragement really. 

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Where were you during our injury crisis?  

:lol: 

42 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

FTH 

:berra: