Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying it's boring reading through a thread filled up by a bunch of sadsacks playing the detective on behalf of the mods. If he's at it, they'll ban him.

Might be a lot of folk are pissed off at the amount of infiltrators we clearly have. 

Either way, FTH.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Might be a lot of folk are pissed off at the amount of infiltrators we clearly have. 

Either way, FTH.

Agreed ??

Thought he's been ok tbh. Showed good energy, always looking for a pass and his movements kept Hibs defence busy. 

Offered more than MacLean would have for example.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

michael_bolton
3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Thought he's been ok tbh. Showed good energy, always looking for a pass and his movements kept Hibs defence busy. 

Offered more than MacLean would have for example.

I think his ideas are a threat but it’s just not worked for him. He occupies defenders. 

5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

He been ok, want to see him a lot more sharper when we come back. 

Thought he started well. He should have scored at least once though. He's clearly lacking in confidence. 

Find him quite frustrating to watch. That penalty shout could have been a penalty if he'd made an attempt to score (may well have actually scored too). Was worried it was going to cost us. 

Thought the lad gave a lot of effort, showed some nice touches and was up for it. Needs a bit of composure and maybe some confidence with a goal.

Luscious Laryea
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Great game. Looks to be learning from Naismith

Great is an exaggeration but he definitely looks sharper. Some slick touches but still seems short of confidence.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think a player is starting to emerge. Having Naismith coach him through games should help his confidence no end.

I hate to be critical of any player after a win, but I thought Clare was a liability tonight.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

I hate to be critical of any player after a win, but I thought Clare was a liability tonight.

Had a few flickons, including at the goal, and got into good positions. Seems a confidence player to me.

8 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Maple you were watching the same game as me. No idea what others were watching? He was indeed a total liability.

joondalupjambo

The team won tonight and Clare was part of that team.  No complaints from me on his performance thought he did well.

Can understand why people thought he was poor but for me, he showed a few good touches and a lot of good movement! The technique is there but needs more than that! Think he can still make it but needs to improve! 

Imo he did improve tonight! 

Won more headers up top than Maclean has won in the last 6 or 7 games 

i feel the laddie is getting better and a goal for him would help him really kick on.

5 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Murder for 90 mins, Complete passenger!

That’s nonsense. Had an assist for the goal and tried to drive forward. Occupied Hibs at the back and helped make us much more of a threat up front than other recent games even though he seems to go to pieces when he gets a sight of goal. That’s a confidence thing for me.

Hearts manager Craig Levein tells BBC Sportsound: "I'm only worried about the feeling in the group and when I left the dressing room they sounded quite happy.

"We had to show a bit of resilience, especially at the end when they threw Darren McGregor up and really bombarded us.

"We just edged it but it was another really close match.

"This is a massive match for us. It was important to go into the winter break with another three points in our pocket.

"We'll get John Souttar and Uche Ikpeza back and David Vanecek in and maybe do another bit of business to strengthen us.

"Special mention for Sean Clare. That's was his best performance for us."

Pretty clear that:

a) CL knows he's not been very good so far

b) He thinks its down to confidence, so needs his tyres pumped

I thought he was decidedly average tonight and have no confidence in him doing anything effective with the ball at this point in time.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That’s nonsense. Had an assist for the goal and tried to drive forward. Occupied Hibs at the back and helped make us much more of a threat up front than other recent games even though he seems to go to pieces when he gets a sight of goal. That’s a confidence thing for me.

Levein singled him out as well, said it was his best performance for us. Away from home at ER as well. 

There's more to come, but thought he put a shift in (my only annoyance was a slight bit of awareness and we wouldn't have been offside for that second "goal"). 

Thought he did well. Haven't seen it back but it looked like he should have had a stonewall pen? Wasn't brilliant but made good runs and got into promising positions. Not worried about him at all. 

It's a strange one 

first off and tonight he gets himself into good positions which is all important - he could and should have scored when he was through on the keeper - I think he is lacking in confidence for some reason - getting into the positions is important but he has to be much more clinical when he gets the ball - just seems to wait to be tackled rather than going for the jugular 

every now and then I see signs that he could be a player but needs to get much better consistency in his game and improve his decision making 

Just now, Arnaud said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein tells BBC Sportsound: "I'm only worried about the feeling in the group and when I left the dressing room they sounded quite happy.

"We had to show a bit of resilience, especially at the end when they threw Darren McGregor up and really bombarded us.

"We just edged it but it was another really close match.

"This is a massive match for us. It was important to go into the winter break with another three points in our pocket.

"We'll get John Souttar and Uche Ikpeza back and David Vanecek in and maybe do another bit of business to strengthen us.

"Special mention for Sean Clare. That's was his best performance for us."

Pretty clear that:

a) CL knows he's not been very good so far

b) He thinks its down to confidence, so needs his tyres pumped

I thought he was decidedly average tonight and have no confidence in him doing anything effective with the ball at this point in time.

It’s very clear from that and the way naismith tried to encourage him that they think its his confidence thats the main issue.

He’s getting better. Still a wee bit timid and possibly not as fit or sharp as he could be. 

He knows now he doesn’t get two or three touches like he would in England now and has started to adapt better by the look of things. I think he’ll keep improving when we’re back to being strong again at the end of January. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Levein singled him out as well, said it was his best performance for us. Away from home at ER as well. 

There's more to come, but thought he put a shift in (my only annoyance was a slight bit of awareness and we wouldn't have been offside for that second "goal"). 

It's obvious he needs to learn how to make the right decisions.  That will come with experience.

On what evidence do people think it’s about “confidence”? I don’t see a player lacking “confidence”, I just don’t see a player. 

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

On what evidence do people think it’s about “confidence”? I don’t see a player lacking “confidence”, I just don’t see a player. 

He’s a player. Just needs time, and our support.

End of day if wasn’t for him winning the header for Olly goal, it may could’ve well been a defeat or a draw. McLean wouldn’t have won that header. He did. As someone also pointed out he won more headers tonight that McLean has up there for many many games. Let’s give boy some credit. He was a constant nuisance to Hibs all night. He made some clever runs. He also has a great turn of pace. Once that confidence comes I reckon many of us (I have criticised previously also) will be eating our words. 

10 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

And you know right enough 

Completely understand people thinking we have been sold a dud but got to put it into perspective. 

He had a operation so hasn’t really had time to get fit. He was thrown straight into a team that had just been depleted by injuries so if Uche hadn’t gotten injured then Clare definitely would not be playing as much as he has been. 

Where he has been playing upfront the ball keeps going long to him, where we can see he is a technical player who yes does need to realise you can’t get two or three touches before you play a pass. But that will come from experience(yes I know people have said this already), he is able to drive with the ball well, when he gets people running off him he will be have options instead of having to just drive with it. 

Reckon once Uche and Vanacek come in he will be slowly imbedded into matches as he wasn’t signed as a striker, he will be able to link the play between the strikers and midfield. 

Give the boy time. 

But on a better note what a f’ing great result. 6 points off the top with a depleted squad. 

2019 has a good feeling about it. 

SpruceBringsteen

Played well the day and tbh I'm really no giving a solitary **** if any inadequate on here thinks otherwise.

:greggy:

The Future's Maroon

I have been defending him to the hilt so far based on what I have been told, first time I’ve seen him in the flesh and although I don’t think he had a ‘great’ game, I think he showed in flashes he is getting there.

A few times he looked so many gears off the pace of the game, but I will choose to take into account the amount of professional games/games for us he has played.

I see improvement, and with the reports from within the club he will get there.

9 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Played well the day and tbh I'm really no giving a solitary **** if any inadequate on here thinks otherwise.

:greggy:

He has my complete support and I think he will come good in time. Having said that there is no way you can say he played well, our weakest link by a mile. Jogs when he needs to sprint and nowhere near strong enough.