Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

SpruceBringsteen
11 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

He has my complete support and I think he will come good in time. Having said that there is no way you can say he played well, our weakest link by a mile. Jogs when he needs to sprint and nowhere near strong enough.

Looks to me like that's exactly what I did.

:greggy:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Hes getting there. Definately can’t fault his effort and work rate tonight which some people were questioning. Naismith last season was off the pace a bit for months because he had no pre season and not kicked a ball for months. He’s still young and despite what others may say, he is showing signs there is a player there, he has good pace, ok in the air and shows signs he is good technically. He just needs the support and faith of the supporters to get behind him and give him confidence to go out and express himself and show us what he is about and how good a player he is!

anyway, he played his part in a victory at Easter road! Come on the jam tarts! 

57 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

On what evidence do people think it’s about “confidence”? I don’t see a player lacking “confidence”, I just don’t see a player. 

Compare Naismith this season to last? Fitness, match sharpness - all played a part in making an absolutely class player, not quite as effective to begin with.

Extrapolate that to a young player, coming back from injury, different league etc. Thought he did a hard shift for us really well tonight. 

No coincidence he had his best game IMO playing further forward near Naismith, run his socks off, given time and continued match fitness he will be a good addition. Berra was absolutely outstanding!!

56 minutes ago, PB21 said:

End of day if wasn’t for him winning the header for Olly goal, it may could’ve well been a defeat or a draw. McLean wouldn’t have won that header. He did. As someone also pointed out he won more headers tonight that McLean has up there for many many games. Let’s give boy some credit. He was a constant nuisance to Hibs all night. He made some clever runs. He also has a great turn of pace. Once that confidence comes I reckon many of us (I have criticised previously also) will be eating our words. 

Not just winnibg the header but made a run while lee was controlling the ball that took a defender away amd created space for lee to turn and shoot.

not saying he’s a superstar or even anywhere near the best player for us today but he was given the job of helping us do more up front and he did that so I don’t know how anyone can complain.

Still finding his feet but put in a major shift today. Still lacking confidence but I believe he will come good.

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Wasn't a dive. 

Needed subbed around the 75 minute mark imo. 

He's getting there but needs to show more heart. 

He's probably like a lot of players who've had a serious injury and is still a bit worried about getting injured again. Once he gets over that psychological barrier he will prove to be a decent player IMO

Ran out of puff about 75 mins. Was suprised LEE Was subbed. However Clare did ok that’s a definite improvement from the last game which was an improvement on the game before. He’s going in the right direction for me.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not just winnibg the header but made a run while lee was controlling the ball that took a defender away amd created space for lee to turn and shoot.

not saying he’s a superstar or even anywhere near the best player for us today but he was given the job of helping us do more up front and he did that so I don’t know how anyone can complain.

Suppose some people just never happy and need to complain about something or someone no matter what the result or performance. People want him to improve, get better etc. That comes with playing more mins. He is playing more mins and improving each min he plays. 

You would think every player that has ever pulled on a maroon jersey started off brilliantly for us!!! Not many players have ever hit ground running from game 1. 

He had some key moments in the match and was harshly booked for what was a certain penalty.  I don't think he played brilliantly in terms of retaining the ball or running at Hibs but I think he had a certain role to play and stuck to it.  I think he'll come good.

Personally though, I'd have played Morrison up front tonight, he'd have terrified their defense.

been here before

Could have got himself a goal if he had a left foot and Id like to see the penalty incident again.

Still remain to be convinced though.

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Was it a pen?

Did some good stuff but struggled with the pace of the at times 

Ambrose kicks the bottom of Clare's foot. Penalty, never a dive.

VAR would have given it.

How Clancy can book him for a dive if he isnt positive is typical.

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

VAR would have given it.

Agree. 

Penalty. 

1 hour ago, Five to One said:

Superb tonight. A player in there. Would have scored if used his left foot but well done.

Didn’t think there was a player there .. tonight and last game have made me rethink. Needs a goal 

stirlingshirejambo
51 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

VAR would have given it.

How Clancy can book him for a dive if he isnt positive is typical.

Be interesting to see if Hearts appeal the yellow

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Can understand why people thought he was poor but for me, he showed a few good touches and a lot of good movement! The technique is there but needs more than that! Think he can still make it but needs to improve! 

Imo he did improve tonight! 

Disagree. Technique was what was missing tonight. Too often had a heavy a touch while dribbling and a few too many errant passes. Then tries to shoot with his right foot when put through which was never on. As well as not making enough of the penalty incident, as in should have done much much better. 

As as I say thought his effort, movement and pace were encouraging tonight. But I am still waiting to see the quality that everyone raves about when we signed him. 

Nelly Terraces

He isn't good enough.  It's getting boring listening to people trying to talk this guy up. Actually it would be boring, but absolutely nobody I've spoken to in the real world rates him.

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

He isn't good enough.  It's getting boring listening to people trying to talk this guy up. Actually it would be boring, but absolutely nobody I've spoken to in the real world rates him.

I suggest a wider social circle ??

11 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

The criticism of Clare is getting boring now. He was decent tonight and is only going to get better. 

Sorry, can’t agree. 

Was hugely on the fringes.  

Couldn’t get to grips with the pace of the game and the incident when he got booked for diving was his own doing. 

He simply lacked the courage to impose himself in that moment and take charge of the ball.  

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I suggest a wider social circle ??

What’s good about him then?

Like many others, you’re quick to defend everything about the club even if it isn’t adequate. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Was it a pen?

Did some good stuff but struggled with the pace of the at times 

absolute penalty. Pushed down. Pish refereeing.

I think Clare is showing signs of improvement every game. He’s still young, coming back from a long term injury and also adjusting to the fast pace of the Scottish game. He’s got some nice touches, decent in the air and he put in a decent shift tonight. I think at times we can be a too quick in writing some players off. Our side is improving as the weeks go on and that will help as well. I hope he keeps improving and I’m fairly sure he will. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

What’s good about him then?

Like many others, you’re quick to defend everything about the club even if it isn’t adequate. 

“Like many others” I think he has got better every game and his cameo against Hamilton and full match tonight showed what he brings to the table. He has very good positional awareness and takes up good positions to receive the ball. He is direct with his running and has very good close control and technique. He has a good change of pace and can accelerate away from players. He helped set up the goal tonight and was involved in most of our most dangerous attacking moves.

1 minute ago, thegreatsd said:

I think Clare is showing signs of improvement every game. He’s still young, coming back from a long term injury and also adjusting to the fast pace of the Scottish game. He’s got some nice touches, decent in the air and he put in a decent shift tonight. I think at times we can be a too quick in writing some players off. Our side is improving as the weeks go on and that will help as well. I hope he keeps improving and I’m fairly sure he will. 

Spot on ?? Some players just take a while to settle.If we wrote them off and shipped them out after six months we’d never have enjoyed the club legends that are Pressley, Hartley and Zaliukas to name just a few

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

“Like many others” I think he has got better every game and his cameo against Hamilton and full match tonight showed what he brings to the table. He has very good positional awareness and takes up good positions to receive the ball. He is direct with his running and has very good close control and technique. He has a good change of pace and can accelerate away from players. He helped set up the goal tonight and was involved in most of our most dangerous attacking moves.

well put, totally agree, dragged their defence all over, even if it was directed by Naismith it was well played by him, and worked hard to do it

12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Well, we all see things differently. 

At the game I saw a player too tentative to come off his marker and show for the ball.  Only in the last 10 mins of the first half did he realise that you need to take a good touch, think quick and be sharp with your play in a derby.

In the second his decision making isn’t there. He tries to head an impossible ball to Naisy when it’s about taking a touch and getting it down.  Then he wins a tackle but plays a nothing ball thereafter against Ambrose when he should be taking him on.

He’s too timid.

Was defending at LB. Running in behind of their defence. Winning headers in midfield. Tried to get on the ball to give the defence a break. Got an assist.

Imagine the praise Lafferty would get if he was doing all that!!! 

He’s still young and only just joined the team. Nevermind the fact he is a technical player who ran himself into the ground. 

People need to give him a break. He had a decent game even if there were mistakes. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hopefully playing in a derby will toughen him up. He should gain confidence that he can cope with the more industrious aspects of the game. I think we could see him go from strength to strength now but it is up to him to keep stepping up. 

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

At the game I saw a player too tentative to come off his marker and show for the ball.  Only in the last 10 mins of the first half did he realise that you need to take a good touch, think quick and be sharp with your play in a derby.

In the second his decision making isn’t there. He tries to head an impossible ball to Naisy when it’s about taking a touch and getting it down.  Then he wins a tackle but plays a nothing ball thereafter against Ambrose when he should be taking him on.

He’s too timid.

We must have some very easy to please fans, if they think Clare either had a good game tonight, or is progressing.

No one wants him to fail, we all hope the hype around him will be justified. - Me? I just cant see a Player in there.

7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He’s too 

You know so little about football it is actually hilarious. I feel like I've lost brain cells reading your posts.

2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

We must have some very easy to please fans, if they think Clare either had a good game tonight, or is progressing.

No one wants him to fail, we all hope the hype around him will be justified. - Me? I just cant see a Player in there.

Levein and Naismith totally disagree with you so think I’ll go with their view on things ???

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Levein and Naismith totally disagree with you so think I’ll go with their view on things ???

You do what you like Frank, I dont give a feck.

5 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

seriously or being ironic?

6 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

or seriously blind fans / stupid / ignorant / never seen a game / racist / used to watching Barca / Messi cannae header?