Poor ickle snowflake

i8hibsh

58 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Aye, but which part of your body are they strapped on to?

Forehead obviously.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bridge of Djoum

• Ulysses

• Francis Albert

doctor jambo

Amazing how the two diametrically opposed views rapidly appear.....

Not all women are that sensitive.

Women do not as Justin Z would have you think, live in perpetual fear of assault and rape, and ponder how to avoid such things, in fact I would rather they DID spend just a little more time considering how to avoid situations where they were vulnerable through isolation/ intoxication then the rare instances where they DO encounter a predator would be even less frequent.

And perhaps if men spent a little more time considering how they were approaching women they would not be giving themselves as much trouble. ( though in this instance it appears his approach was about as gentle and harmless as possible- one wonders how she would have responded had Brad Pitt lookey-likey had handed her a note!)

Or is this the issue?

Approaches are welcome if you fancy them, and really threatening if you don't?

Is this munter-phobia?

She could have just said thanks, and got on with her existence,

He made an error- but only in as much as he gave the note to that particular female.

The world is still safe for men, free from false accusation ( largely), and pretty much the same for women.

Craig Gordons Gloves
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The BBC. Well I for one am shocked.

Also reported on by other news sources such as STV but go ahead and deflect to the source as opposed to the story.

Auld Reekin'
13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

What if it was a nice bag?  :eek:

Spewy Vuitton?   :o

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Amazing how the two diametrically opposed views rapidly appear.....

Not all women are that sensitive.

Women do not as Justin Z would have you think, live in perpetual fear of assault and rape, and ponder how to avoid such things, in fact I would rather they DID spend just a little more time considering how to avoid situations where they were vulnerable through isolation/ intoxication then the rare instances where they DO encounter a predator would be even less frequent.

And perhaps if men spent a little more time considering how they were approaching women they would not be giving themselves as much trouble. ( though in this instance it appears his approach was about as gentle and harmless as possible- one wonders how she would have responded had Brad Pitt lookey-likey had handed her a note!)

Or is this the issue?

Is this munter-phobia?

He made an error- but only in as much as he gave the note to that particular female.

The world is still safe for men, free from false accusation ( largely), and pretty much the same for women.

See I don't agree with this. When I was a horny 16 - 21 year old before I met my wife i'd be all over clubs and pubs chatting up lassies try to pull. Sometimes, rarely I would succeed. The tactics were probably the same as most guys..shite patter and chat up lines would flatter them enough to get their number, a kiss or in the incredibly rare occasion it went further. This has happened the world for as long as men and women have existed. 

I wouldn't even bother with that if I was single. This me 2 campaign and celebrity culture has convinced many women that men chatting them up in somehow a creepy act which should not tolerated. Not all women are like this but enough to make it unsafe for single guys to do it. 

Better sticking to tinder or the other dating websites widely available. That would be my advice. 

Auld Reekin'
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The BBC really is a disgrace. We pay for 24/7 reels of anti-Trump, anti-Brexit, anti- right, gender inequality, gender pay gap, alleged sexual assaults, LGBT weeks, racial discrimination, sexual discrimination and Islam weeks stories and documentaries. Throw in the fact they are the most discrinminating employers in the country it is a tad too much to take. Some people don't like Trump, I get it. They are completely obsessed with the man. No surprise that their viewing figures are at an all time low.

On the plus side (for you anyway), they're also blatantly anti-SNP and Scottish independence...   

Anyway, where would you be without a whole list of things to get very, VERY angry about on a regular basis?

On 07/10/2018 at 13:48, jake said:

I'm going to have to Google incel

On 07/10/2018 at 13:50, jake said:

?

:kirklol:?

doctor jambo
32 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

See I don't agree with this. When I was a horny 16 - 21 year old before I met my wife i'd be all over clubs and pubs chatting up lassies try to pull. Sometimes, rarely I would succeed. The tactics were probably the same as most guys..shite patter and chat up lines would flatter them enough to get their number, a kiss or in the incredibly rare occasion it went further. This has happened the world for as long as men and women have existed. 

I wouldn't even bother with that if I was single. This me 2 campaign and celebrity culture has convinced many women that men chatting them up in somehow a creepy act which should not tolerated. Not all women are like this but enough to make it unsafe for single guys to do it. 

Better sticking to tinder or the other dating websites widely available. That would be my advice. 

I believe different

These "extreme" views on both sides are in contrast to what I witness- men, and women, continuing to do as they always have done.

interacting with each other , dating , chatting, pulling , and GASP having sex with each other without any fear whatsoever.

I remember my own mother giving me a similar hysterical chat about "getting signed consent before you do anything" in response to some local lad being accused of rape of a drunk girl he had slept with.

Think it was more to do with her low opinion of the girl in question, frankly.

It was nonsense then, as it was throughout my own single days.

Though I do wonder how the behaviour of some of my male friends would be viewed through the #metoo prism.

Luckily they were not viewed through that, and nor are most people

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
53 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I doubt it's only in the last year women have found stuff like that creepy, unwelcome and often intimidating.

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

On the plus side (for you anyway), they're also blatantly anti-SNP and Scottish independence...   

Anyway, where would you be without a whole list of things to get very, VERY angry about on a regular basis?

I don't see the BBC as being anti- Independence they just (like most of the UK) don't care too much. The nats get all radged up just because the BBC are not filming everything they do. It is not an anti sentement it is just one of apathy. Now put 5 transvestites on a street with signs saying equal rights then the BBC will have their top reporters out for it en masse. The BBC's angle is overplaying inequality and inclusion to a level of sheer nausea.

Auld Reekin'
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't see the BBC as being anti- Independence they just (like most of the UK) don't care too much. The nats get all radged up just because the BBC are not filming everything they do. It is not an anti sentement it is just one of apathy. Now put 5 transvestites on a street with signs saying equal rights then the BBC will have their top reporters out for it en masse. The BBC's angle is overplaying inequality and inclusion to a level of sheer nausea.

There're a lot of things you "don't see". Equally, there are a lot of things you focus on and blow-up out of all proportion to suit your many and varied (and overwhelmingly negative) agendas.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The BBC really is a disgrace. We pay for 24/7 reels of anti-Trump, anti-Brexit, anti- right, gender inequality, gender pay gap, alleged sexual assaults, LGBT weeks, racial discrimination, sexual discrimination and Islam weeks stories and documentaries. 

We didn't start the fire....

12 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

There're a lot of things you "don't see". Equally, there are a lot of things you focus on and blow-up out of all proportion to suit your many and varied (and overwhelmingly negative) agendas.

We all have an agenda. 

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:look:

Francis Albert

It seems to me it is just possible that this bloke on this train may have his own problems. He may be desperately lonely, mentally disabled or disturbed in some way, and being "outed" on social media as a creepy weirdo for perhaps in his mind an innocent or kind gesture might tip him into a darker place.

But hey let's just string him up (figuratively speaking at least).

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:41, Justin Z said:

You can taste the incel tears, and they are delicious.

Note to incels: You are virgins because you are utter failures at life. Not because "women's lib" has stacked the deck against you.

Isn't this pretty much the mirror image of saying that what used to be called spinsters, feminists, lesbians etc are what they are because they can't get a man.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Isn't this pretty much the mirror image of saying that what used to be called spinsters, feminists, lesbians etc are what they are because they can't get a man.

Probably why he posted it. Doh! 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Probably why he posted it. Doh! 

In that case it isn't a very clever or admirable thing to say is it?

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

:kirklol:?

Nearly choked when I first saw the pictures of inceldoms. 

Oh and :rofl:

Ryan posted on face book that women are shallow and resort to torture. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Fecking hell!!!! 

Edited by ri Alban

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I doubt it's only in the last year women have found stuff like that creepy, unwelcome and often intimidating.

Remember when we all used to send valentines cards anonymously?

The girls did it too

Roses are red,

Violets are blue

I'm not a snowflake

how about you?

Not sure any of the cards I ever sent were perceived as either stalking or a rape threat, folk were well chuffed at getting them.....

suspect people still are ,

but as I stated, when its from someone you don't want it to be from its easy enough to shame someone and make out its creepy/threatening

On 06/10/2018 at 18:51, i8hibsh said:

There was another one of these snowflake vdeos recently with a woman acting like she had just been sexually violated because she got called 'sweetheart'. I think it was that man despising unfunny as **** comedian Kate Smurthwaite. Again, it is a 'man thing' seemingly. Conveniently singling out all the many women who also call women sweetheart and of course the guys they also call it to.  One day these wolf cryers will actually fight a fight that does exist.

All the women I speak to are referred to (unless I know them) as; darling, sweetheart and sometimes princess depending on their age, my daughters (9, 11 and 14) are sweetheart all the time and their friends are variously sweetheart or darling depending on the situation, girls in shops are usually darling and if I'm on a bus it's sweetheart.

I cannot see anything wrong with those terms at all, if a girl feels... cough.. offended then they can say, and I'd be fine with that.

I suppose we shouldn't open the car door for our wives or hold doors open etc too????  

It's how we were brought up, to treat women with respect ergo we will use terms we think are endearing, it certainly is not to belittle them.

As an aside, the girl in that video... why does she have so much makeup on to get her point across.. is it possibly to appear more alluring to the opposite sex??  Cannae be can it?!!  Perfumes and makeups are specifically for that task (although some girls say it makes them feel better to wear makeup, aye fine, why so much then?)  Her eyebrows must have cost her about £30 to apply!!

Harry Potter
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It seems to me it is just possible that this bloke on this train may have his own problems. He may be desperately lonely, mentally disabled or disturbed in some way, and being "outed" on social media as a creepy weirdo for perhaps in his mind an innocent or kind gesture might tip him into a darker place.

Very good post, and there is that chance he was just being kind, 

Francis Albert
17 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

How is the girl in the OP a snowflake? What is the definition of a snowflake?

I think it now means "easily offended" or perhaps someone who finds it difficult to live with the downsides of living in the real world. If this incident is in the top 100, even maybe 1000, of bad things that happen in this young woman's life she will be one of the luckiest human beings to walk this earth.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In that case it isn't a very clever or admirable thing to say is it?

Funny tho. 

2 minutes ago, lauriesrank said:

All the women I speak to are referred to (unless I know them) as; darling, sweetheart and sometimes princess depending on their age, my daughters (9, 11 and 14) are sweetheart all the time and their friends are variously sweetheart or darling depending on the situation, girls in shops are usually darling and if I'm on a bus it's sweetheart.

I cannot see anything wrong with those terms at all, if a girl feels... cough.. offended then they can say, and I'd be fine with that.

I suppose we shouldn't open the car door for our wives or hold doors open etc too????  

It's how we were brought up, to treat women with respect ergo we will use terms we think are endearing, it certainly is not to belittle them.

As an aside, the girl in that video... why does she have so much makeup on to get her point across.. is it possibly to appear more alluring to the opposite sex??  Cannae be can it?!!  Perfumes and makeups are specifically for that task (although some girls say it makes them feel better to wear makeup, aye fine, why so much then?)  Her eyebrows must have cost her about £30 to apply!!

She is an attention seeker.  Her blog (or whatever these digital age robots call it) proves this as fact.  If you have a blog then it is for the attention of others.  You do not blog something for yourself.  I imagine this is not her only one either, she probably does it morning noon and night and overshares every last stinking turd that comes out her ass everyday..  

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, lauriesrank said:

Got my eyebrows done for free up the town back in the day, burds liked to help us for a wee drink, Society now has rocked to a scary level,

where trust is lost, very sad times, 

4 minutes ago, lauriesrank said:

:facepalm:so if she wears a short skirt she's gagging for it. Is that what yer saying. Gie yersel peace. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

:facepalm:so if she wears a short skirt she's gagging for it. Is that what yer saying. Gie yersel peace. 

Where on earth do you get that ideology from??????????  Have a day off son, I said she is wearing too much makeup.  

17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Remember when we all used to send valentines cards anonymously?

The girls did it too

Roses are red,

Violets are blue

I'm not a snowflake

how about you?

Not sure any of the cards I ever sent were perceived as either stalking or a rape threat, folk were well chuffed at getting them.....

suspect people still are ,

but as I stated, when its from someone you don't want it to be from its easy enough to shame someone and make out its creepy/threatening

Edit

Edited by i8hibsh

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think on the contrary her make up combined with her ridiculous affected way of speech would see most men (people in fact) running a mile.

That may be unkind but it's what you invite by this sort of silly social media activity.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Or is this the issue?

Is this munter-phobia?

:her:

Governor Tarkin
40 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Spot on.

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

She could have just said thanks, and got on with her existence

She could have thrown the note in the bin but instead decided to make a 'poor me' video on social media. 

Arsehole.

21 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

This is how I picture Uly, Redm, Ugly American ect after this thread. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Suggesting men are under the thumb or weak for finding consensus with women on some issues? Is that what you’re aiming to do with this image? Or is this an attempt at some other sort of insult?

On 07/10/2018 at 08:03, i8hibsh said:

Absolutely not. Well unless you are a hot, tall dark handsome millionaire.

Jesus christ. I missed this. The contempt you have for women is frightening sometimes i8. 

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, redm said:

Jesus christ. I missed this. The contempt you have for women is frightening sometimes i8. 

Nah.

It's the woman's fault.

i8 is so out of touch with the modern world. 

10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe the guy is just a bit shy. We can't all be dashing, silver-tongued wordsmiths, eh, Uly. 

The guy's no more a weirdo than half the chancers who pontificate on here.

"Hi there."  Not difficult.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Indeed.

If you are that socially inadequate that you can't engage in the most basic human communication. ''hello''...

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

....."is it me you're look..... oh, wait."  :help:

''cos if it is, don't open this note for 10 minutes''

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

She is an attention seeker.  Her blog (or whatever these digital age robots call it) proves this as fact.  If you have a blog then it is for the attention of others.  You do not blog something for yourself.  I imagine this is not her only one either, she probably does it morning noon and night and overshares every last stinking turd that comes out her ass everyday..  

Wow.

?

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It is for some folk.

We know nothing about this man other than the fact he left a note with a corny line. 

Weirdo though. Nailed on weirdo.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

FFS! 

Just for this you should be horsed out of here.

You're an absolute degenerate.

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It is for some folk.

We know nothing about this man other than the fact he left a note with a corny line. 

Weirdo though. Nailed on weirdo.

He should have minded his own business.

10 minutes ago, redm said:

The thread itself is some read.

Yep.  There's a lot of anger on display, and you'd have to wonder why so many men contributing to that discussion are angry at the women expressing their fear instead of being angry at the small minority of men whose behaviour causes that fear.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Indeed.

If you are that socially inadequate that you can't engage in the most basic human communication. ''hello''...

Some folk are painfully shy, some are utterly awkward, and some are just plain shite at even the most basic communication (as many of the contributions to this thread so vividly illustrate).

I'd be willing to cut the guy a wee bit of slack without feeling the need to villify the lassie for coming across as a bit of a tit too. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

He should have minded his own business.

Aye, maybe fair enough, but I think he's getting a bit of a raw deal here.