Poor ickle snowflake

i8hibsh

12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

She's on public transport to go to work, not to be an ornament for someone else, and not for others to get angry about because she doesn't feel complimented because some randomer gets his jollies by paying her attention that she doesn't want.  If that story was told by the sister or daughter of most of the contributors on this thread, their comments would be different to what they've posted here.

Ornament, really Uly?

What do you suggest. Should it be made illegal to compliment the opposite sex? Perhaps ban all forms of attraction. As it stands the man done no wrong. He done nothing that men AND WOMEN I MAY ADD do all over the world and have done since the beginning of time. It is nature. 99 out of 100 girls would welcome it, the poor bugger just picked the wrong one.

Edited by i8hibsh

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bridge of Djoum

• Ulysses

• Francis Albert

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

She's on public transport to go to work, not to be an ornament for someone else, and not for others to get angry about because she doesn't feel complimented because some randomer gets his jollies by paying her attention that she doesn't want.  If that story was told by the sister or daughter of most of the contributors on this thread, their comments would be different to what they've posted here.

Another sweeping ex-cathedra announcement from Uly. No attempt to address what anyone has actually posted.If my sister or my daughter told that story I would in the first case be amazed because she was brought up by the same parents as me and in the second case because she was brought up by me and my wife.

What he did is no different to sending flowers to an object of affection. No different at all. Ban that too though as 1 out of every 20,000 women would not welcome it.

Women go up to strange men and say they are hot in every pub in every town and city on every night and in every country. But I guess redm and the male feminist uly will sweep that under the carpet. 

Uly strikes me as that guy on a University campus that goes on feminist marches, supports women's lib just because he thinks it will be a good way to get laid. I see through it boyo.

Edited by i8hibsh

John Findlay
27 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

My bottom was pinched 14 times today by women between midday and 8pm. I was doing my work. But there you go.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My bottom was pinched 14 times today by women between midday and 8pm. I was doing my work. But there you go.

I will PM you my CV.

26 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Why didn’t she just tell him to **** off and gies peace ☺

Save all that hassle on social media.

BTW I used to get folk telling me cheer up smile etc at work and the above advice used to do the trick. They went in the huff . Till the next time ☺

55 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I get what you'e saying here Ulysees, but in reading this thread it looks to me like the issue is not so much this case in isolation, but the wider undercurrent. For example, madam and I were just chatting about another public transport story, which related to men giving up their seats for women. In a similar way to this story, let's just say I will definitely think twice about giving up a seat on a crowded bus for a lady now -  based on what I heard, I will not be taking for granted that this would be perceived as either a nice gesture or good old-fashioned manners.

Riddley Walker
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

:Aye:

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ornament, really Uly?

What do you suggest. Should it be made illegal to compliment the opposite sex? Perhaps ban all forms of attraction. As it stands the man done no wrong. He done nothing that men AND WOMEN I MAY ADD do all over the world and have done since the beginning of time. It is nature. 99 out of 100 girls would welcome it, the poor bugger just picked the wrong one.

What do I suggest?  Manners, that's what I suggest.  It's none of the creepy weirdo's business what she looks like or what facial expression she's wearing.  I suggest that he should have kept himself and his opinions to himself.  It's not that difficult for people to mind their own business.

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

[deleted for the benefit of the reader]

The number of people who take this character seriously is diminishing all the time.  That's surely a good thing.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

What do I suggest?  Manners, that's what I suggest.  It's none of the creepy weirdo's business what she looks like or what facial expression she's wearing.  I suggest that he should have kept himself and his opinions to himself.  It's not that difficult for people to mind their own business.

He is not asking her magic number, salary or bra size. You know, like saying "How are you" and "chin up" under your logic these are imposing questons. Uly I am certain you feel the same as me about this but as usual you are sucking up to the usual people and playing the role of contrarian.  How would you feel if it was a role reversal and the girl wrote the note?

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You should have reported it - not, to be honest, that I believe you. 

When I made my point about sisters and daughters you were at the top of my list.  I've met you, John, and I know for a fact that if this story was told to you by someone you cared about you would not - simply, utterly, and absolutely would not - say to her what you are saying on this thread.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

How would you feel if it was a role reversal and the girl wrote the note?

Exactly the same.  It would be none of her sodding business.

If you want to chat up a woman, try something really tricky like "hi there".  That's manners, and there ain't no law against it.  Handing someone a ****ing note telling them to change their facial expression?  Weirdo.

2 hours ago, JALBO said:

.....men giving up their seats for women....

That's a whole other story.  Pregnant women?  Yes.  Older people?  Yes.  Women?  Why?

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

54 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

If you want to chat up a woman, try something really tricky like "hi there".  That's manners, and there ain't no law against it.  Handing someone a ****ing note telling them to change their facial expression?  Weirdo.

Spot on.

The cheer up patter is chronic.

Let al9ne a fekin letter.

Watt-Zeefuik

Let's recap.

1. Some rando passes a woman a note telling her to smile more.

2. The woman makes a short video saying this was kind of creepy, don't do this.

3. Dudes across the internet whine about how they're being oppressed and are scared of trying to meet women because they'll get called creepy.

. . . . but somehow, it's the *woman* who gets called a "snowflake."

:facepalm:

Just a couple asides. If some rando passed me a note telling me to smile more, male or female, I'd be pissed too. And for what it's worth, if you think this is a good strategy for meeting a potential romantic partner, I can only assume you're single, because this is an epic fail on so many levels, not just being creepy. Like, there's simply no way that's going to get you anywhere.

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

Why didn’t she just tell him to **** off and gies peace ☺

Save all that hassle on social media.

BTW I used to get folk telling me cheer up smile etc at work and the above advice used to do the trick. They went in the huff . Till the next time ☺

Did you see what happened in France? 

luckyBatistuta
17 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

You and me both??

You’ll be alright, there is no danger of a barbers floor testifying.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Has this Fred West-esque monster been caught yet?

What a ****ing world we live in.

Probably how west started. Rejected little women hater. 

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

It has been done since the dawn of time with no complaints and lots of success. Now one girl from generation snowflake doesn't like it. Make no bones about this, the underlying issue here is a 'big bad male one'.

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Can I still stare at a pretty lassies boobs? I won't say or write anything to them.....

Absolutely not. Well unless you are a hot, tall dark handsome millionaire.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Has this Fred West-esque monster been caught yet?

What a ****ing world we live in.

The chair is too good for this train dwelling low life.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Absolutely not. Well unless you are a hot, tall dark handsome millionaire.

I'm none of those......do I just stare at her feet then.....cause they don't do it for me.........ah f""k it.....I'll write her a note.....

5 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Let's recap.

1. Some rando passes a woman a note telling her to smile more.

2. The woman makes a short video saying this was kind of creepy, don't do this.

3. Dudes across the internet whine about how they're being oppressed and are scared of trying to meet women because they'll get called creepy.

. . . . but somehow, it's the *woman* who gets called a "snowflake."

:facepalm:

Just a couple asides. If some rando passed me a note telling me to smile more, male or female, I'd be pissed too. And for what it's worth, if you think this is a good strategy for meeting a potential romantic partner, I can only assume you're single, because this is an epic fail on so many levels, not just being creepy. Like, there's simply no way that's going to get you anywhere.

Shouldn't he have the right to try and fail? He left a note on a table. He was anonymous and he did not touch or harm her in any way shape or form. Unless you are suggesting we ban the right to write?

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm none of those......do I just stare at her feet then.....cause they don't do it for me.........ah f""k it.....I'll write her a note.....

You have no right to write. Staring at her feet would objectify women. May as well just get yourself down the public toilets at the bottom of the mound and slip some boy a note. I can gaurantee they will not go to the BBC and make a video.

16 hours ago, redm said:

I haven’t seen the video but I have read the story and it didn’t surprise me at all. Maybe women are just sick to the back teeth of being told they’re supposed to be appreciative when someone creeps on them or makes them feel uncomfortable. “Give us a smile love!” Oh sod off. Nobody says that to men. Like your appearance is more important than how you might be feeling at the time. It’s annoying. 

Yes they do, plenty.  

John Findlay
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You should have reported it - not, to be honest, that I believe you. 

When I made my point about sisters and daughters you were at the top of my list.  I've met you, John, and I know for a fact that if this story was told to you by someone you cared about you would not - simply, utterly, and absolutely would not - say to her what you are saying on this thread.

I knew you wouldn't believe me. It's an occupational hazard. Rightly or wrongly I have a thick skin. I laugh it off. This is a purely personal opinion. Women behave far worse than men nowadays especially, when they have been drinking. Modern society still has difficulty in accepting it though.

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You have no right to write. Staring at her feet would objectify women. May as well just get yourself down the public toilets at the bottom of the mound and slip some boy a note. I can gaurantee they will not go to the BBC and make a video.

Christ, you've some serious women issues. 

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That's the thing though. 

If a lassie did the same thing to a guy (which they do btw) and the guy posted a similar video I guarantee that the guy would be utterly ripped. There would be no outpouring of sympathy. And it would be the same posters who are sticking up for the lassie in that video. 

If anybody has read that section in The Metro.

''To the girl on the 4:15 to Glasgow, with the beautiful red dress - fancy a drink?''

Etc etc etc.

Hanging is too good for them.

Edited by Junta

5 minutes ago, Junta said:

If anybody has read that section in The Metro.

''To the girl on the 4:15 to Glasgow, with the beautiful red dress - fancy a drink?''

Etc etc etc.

Hanging is too good for them.

I thought I was being romantic when I wrote that.

:seething:

The easily offended girl in the video isn't even that nice so the guy was wasting his time writing the note.  In fact she actually has quite a fat face so he should have told her to lose some weight if bothering with any sort of note.

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

How do you know he's a creepy weirdo?

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The number of people who take this character seriously is diminishing all the time.  That's surely a good thing.  :thumbsup:

You have promised a few times to ignore me and/or not respond to my posts. Your new habit of quoting every other post of mine but deleting the content  is a bit pathetic.

8 hours ago, Ugly American said:

And for what it's worth, if you think this is a good strategy for meeting a potential romantic partner, I can only assume you're single, because this is an epic fail on so many levels, not just being creepy. Like, there's simply no way that's going to get you anywhere.

I dunno. Some people believe you just grab girls by the pussy and they can end up being US President with a hot wife. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You have promised a few times to ignore me and/or not respond to my posts. Your new habit of quoting every other post of mine but deleting the content  is a bit pathetic.

In fact Uly the words creepy and weirdo come to mind.

Edited by Francis Albert

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

20 year old lass posts something online and it gets picked up by a BBC site for teens. Men in their 40s, 50s and 60s go crazy about it. It's all a wee bit pathetic, no?

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I have promised not to take you seriously - and like many others on the board, I have a 100% record in that respect.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

In fact Uly the words creepy and weirdo come to mind.

Says the guy following me around on the board like a lovesick puppy.  :rofl:

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I have promised not to take you seriously - and like many others on the board, I have a 100% record in that respect.  :laugh:

Why would I care if you or anyone else takes me seriously? I don't really take myself that seriously. Unlike some.

Edited by Francis Albert

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How do you know he's a creepy weirdo?

Because he wrote that note. 

It's also how I know his manners are appalling.  Nobody knows what is going on in someone else's head.  If someone looks "down", maybe it's because they are "down".  Maybe the person opposite you on public transport with the less than happy expression is under stress from their shit job, or going through a relationship collapse, or dealing with a bereavement, or is suffering from depression, or any one of the many things that can really piss people off.  So telling someone in those circumstances to change their facial expression is not a good idea.  It may not be wise, it may not be helpful and it may not be welcome.

I don't expect others to poke their noses into my business.  You don't expect others to poke their noses into your business.  Why should that woman be any different?

11 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

20 year old lass posts something online and it gets picked up by a BBC site for teens. Men in their 40s, 50s and 60s go crazy about it. It's all a wee bit pathetic, no?

You can taste the incel tears, and they are delicious.

Note to incels: You are virgins because you are utter failures at life. Not because "women's lib" has stacked the deck against you.