• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Bridge of Djoum

• Ulysses

• Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, Cal_ said:

Harrowing read. Hope the poor girls OK. 

Reckon we could set up a just giving page for her and her ordeal.

Bridge of Djoum
59 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06n231c

Where to begin? Surprised the poor bloke hasn't been convicted of rape for this.

Just a normal BBC feel good story really.

As much as this really is at the lesser end of creepy, your stunning lack of social awareness is worrying. 

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

As much as this really is at the lesser end of creepy, your stunning lack of social awareness is worrying. 

I am fully aware thanks. I would fancy more than you based on this response.

20 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Whats creepy about it? I reckon it's your and every other snowflakes lack of social awareness which is worrying.

Glad I am married as I would be shiting myself to chat up any bursd these day with fear of being accused of some sort of misconduct. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Yep, won't be long til saying that you fancy someone is some sort of thought crime. I'd be jailed in seconds just walking down the street!

You and me both??

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Whats creepy about it? I reckon it's your and every other snowflakes lack of social awareness which is worrying.

Glad I am married as I would be shiting myself to chat up any bursd these day with fear of being accused of some sort of misconduct. 

Yup, I feel for a young bloke trying to do the courting nowadays. We live in an age where most folk just swipe a screen to meet someone. This guy does something romantic and the girl publicly shames him. I bet he gets her train most days and tells all his mates about the 'hot train bird' in the morning. Finally straps on a set and breaks the ice then this. I am sure he has no more interest after seeing how spoilt rotten and pathetic she is. And good on him for handwriting a note. Do people actually know anyone's handwriting now? Sad sad times indeed. Men are bad and quite literally can do no right in these snowflakes eyes.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yep, won't be long til saying that you fancy someone is some sort of thought crime. I'd be jailed in seconds just walking down the street!

I bet he just got that old romantic feeling where he'd do anything to bone her.

Some folks just can't wait to be offended, presumably so they can then take to social media and shout 'Poor Me'.

As another poster says, thank feck I'm married and don't have to put up with all these delicate precious little snowflakes who need to get out more and get a fecking life.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Some folks just can't wait to be offended, presumably so they can then take to social media and shout 'Poor Me'.

As another poster says, thank feck I'm married and don't have to put up with all these delicate precious little snowflakes who need to get out more and get a fecking life.

They are made of cotton. Soft as shite. Probably never had a hard day in her life. That is not me judging, it is so clear based on how traumatic this 'monster' made her day. A decent 'normal' girl would feel chuffed to bits with some stranger HARMLESSLY telling her how attractive she was. Women SHOULD be complimented at every opportunity, they really are quite amazing.

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Shame the boy never heard her accent before he went through the bother. 

Thought the exact same thing.

:boak:

The Internet
31 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

I hope this train crashes

And the impact kills you

If he doesn't leave this note for her on Monday morning I'll be devastated. 

Brighton Jambo

‘You might thinking I am overreacting a bit’ she says.  No shit!  This is our license fee supporting this absolute nonsense.  

I am am so glad I am married and not trying to work out how to meet women nowadays.  

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

‘You might thinking I am overreacting a bit’ she says.  No shit!  This is our license fee supporting this absolute nonsense.  

I am am so glad I am married and not trying to work out how to meet women nowadays.  

Standard for BBC. Not even questioned if true either I may add. She could be making it up to suit hers and the BBCs men despising agenda.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Reckon we could set up a just giving page for her and her ordeal.

Lessons in make up application?

13 minutes ago, barbankboy said:

The most surprising element of this tale perhaps is that the writer of the note thought she was pretty.

I just hope that they catch the monster before he attacks again.

Harry Potter

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Could have been worse. She could have visited the toilets at the bottom of the mound.

We still have public toilets in Edinburgh, theres a bit hope then, as for sending notes on trains, aged 18 coming back from the lake District.

Waiting on our mainline train to Edinburgh, spied a lovely lass going back to Windermere, wrote my number down and put it through in to her carriage.

She phoned and turned out she liked my mate, never told him.

As for the lass on this thread, im sure she has plenty to smile about, maybe the guy was concerned about her.

I haven’t seen the video but I have read the story and it didn’t surprise me at all. Maybe women are just sick to the back teeth of being told they’re supposed to be appreciative when someone creeps on them or makes them feel uncomfortable. “Give us a smile love!” Oh sod off. Nobody says that to men. Like your appearance is more important than how you might be feeling at the time. It’s annoying. 

Poor cow.

On the train to school camp up north it didn't take us lads long to realise that the guy working the buffet car had too much air in his Nikes.

This was the eighties you have to understand and baiting minorities was seen as sport, at least by horrible little *******s like us.

After 45 minutes or so of mickey taking we burst into a chorus of "The man from the buffets a poofy"

I kid you not he pulled the communication chord and the train did an emergency stop.The guard came running up the train going ****ing mental.

We couldn't stop laughing as the guard tried to bullock us.

The guard got the driver to pull the train into Dunkeld and kicked us all off the train.

We sat for a couple of hours until the teachers arrived with a coach to drive us the rest of the way.

Was not an enjoyable camping trip.If anyone remembers a male teacher from Tynecastle High School, music department I think you will understand the protracted pernicious nature of our punishment.

I am sorry for some of the things I have done.

8 minutes ago, redm said:

I haven’t seen the video but I have read the story and it didn’t surprise me at all. Maybe women are just sick to the back teeth of being told they’re supposed to be appreciative when someone creeps on them or makes them feel uncomfortable. “Give us a smile love!” Oh sod off. Nobody says that to men. Like your appearance is more important than how you might be feeling at the time. It’s annoying. 

She certainly does not represent 'women' she represents herself. She does not speak for or act on behalf of 'sick to the back teeth' women. Most women I know would cringe at this little precious princess. This spoilt little brat is a disgrace. Women held this country together during 2 world wars. Strong, brave and hard working women  This little snowflake does not represent one of these women.

Also, is the use of words like "creep" and "make feel uncomfirtable" really fitting here? There was no "creeping" and I am certain the privileged little attenion seeker never felt uncomfortable. And yes, someone should be appreciative when someone takes the time or cares enough to bestow a compliment at someone.

And yes women do say stuff like "give us a smile". You really do think this is a big bad world of big bad men and women are just flawless, precious, delicate victims of patriarchal tyranny.  It simply is not reality redm.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She certainly does not represent 'women' she represents herself. She does not speak for or act on behalf of 'sick to the back teeth' women. Most women I know would cringe at this little precious princess. This spoilt little brat is a disgrace. Women held this country together during 2 world wars. Strong, brave and hard working women  This little snowflake does not represent one of these women.

Also, is the use of words like "creep" and "make feel uncomfirtable" really fitting here? There was no "creeping" and I am certain the privileged little attenion seeker never felt uncomfortable. And yes, someone should be appreciative when someone takes the time or cares enough to bestow a compliment at someone.

And yes women do say stuff like "give us a smile". You really do think this is a big bad world of big bad men and women are just flawless, precious, delicate victims of patriarchal tyranny.  It simply is not reality redm.

Might be helpful if you didn’t get so angry at women saying how they feel, even if you disagree. If she can’t speak for women then you definitely can’t. And yes I might not have reacted the same way in the circumstances but I can fully understand why she might feel angry, creeped on and uncomfortable. 

Your comment about compliments is kind of entitled. You can’t tell people how they should feel about something. You also miss the point that many women don’t find these things complimentary at all. 

She’s not suggesting that all men should be burned at the stake, she’s simply saying that she’s fed up and doesn’t like that sort of attention. Brat, bint, princess - whatever else - all because she said that she didn’t like it. If you ever wondered why women might not speak their minds about these things, you have your answer right there. 

Harry Potter
32 minutes ago, redm said:

On another note when up town at christmas , (1989) my wife had just left me, this lass , tanked up , shouted at me 

want to smile mate, lol, roaster.

fabienleclerq
35 minutes ago, redm said:

Quite surprised by your response to this. The guy left a note, presumably to make her feel less uncomfortable than him speaking to her, he doesn't say "smile love" he wrote she should smile even if the world is getting her down. So he is actually taking her feelings into account rather than her appearance.

She didn't have to read the note and god knows how she or you have found any offence in it.As others have said woman are so unapproachable these days I'd hate to be trying to find a partner.

11 minutes ago, redm said:

Might be helpful if you didn’t get so angry at women saying how they feel, even if you disagree. If she can’t speak for women then you definitely can’t. And yes I might not have reacted the same way in the circumstances but I can fully understand why she might feel angry, creeped on and uncomfortable. 

Your comment about compliments is kind of entitled. You can’t tell people how they should feel about something. You also miss the point that many women don’t find these things complimentary at all. 

She’s not suggesting that all men should be burned at the stake, she’s simply saying that she’s fed up and doesn’t like that sort of attention. Brat, bint, princess - whatever else - all because she said that she didn’t like it. If you ever wondered why women might not speak their minds about these things, you have your answer right there. 

Again you just reply with a sense of victimization. 

Watt-Zeefuik

If i8hibsh were a bit more positive on the forum he wouldn't get called out so much. Always so dour, complaining about snowflakes, I think that's his problem.

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Quite surprised by your response to this. The guy left a note, presumably to make her feel less uncomfortable than him speaking to her, he doesn't say "smile love" he wrote she should smile even if the world is getting her down. So he is actually taking her feelings into account rather than her appearance.

She didn't have to read the note and god knows how she or you have found any offence in it.As others have said woman are so unapproachable these days I'd hate to be trying to find a partner.

Yeah I don’t think the intention was bad, but I do understand her frustration and reaction. I’m not remotely offended, I just felt I had to say something so that it wasn’t just a thread of men sitting around calling a woman a “bint” for saying how she feels, when a lot of women would probably feel the same. Or using it as some sort of yardstick to give legitimacy to the idea that women are just “snowflakes” when they talk about behaviours that bother them. I wish I hadn’t tbh, I wish I managed never to get embroiled in these threads, they only end up giving me huge grims. ? But I’m here now. 

It’s perhaps unfortunate for him that “smile love” is a thing women have to put up with all.the.blimmin.time. 

Mac_fae_Gillie

On a physical side she actually has a poor smile due to her narrow mouth, her natural look is lacking a smile and when she does force a smile its toothy due to narrow but high mouth which may be why she looks more miserable than she actually is.

Bu never a news story, just a little life story that she should not take to heart so much.

10 minutes ago, redm said:

Yeah I don’t think the intention was bad, but I do understand her frustration and reaction. I’m not remotely offended, I just felt I had to say something so that it wasn’t just a thread of men sitting around calling a woman a “bint” for saying how she feels, when a lot of women would probably feel the same. Or using it as some sort of yardstick to give legitimacy to the idea that women are just “snowflakes” when they talk about behaviours that bother them. I wish I hadn’t tbh, I wish I managed never to get embroiled in these threads, they only end up giving me huge grims. ? But I’m here now. 

It’s perhaps unfortunate for him that “smile love” is a thing women have to put up with all.the.blimmin.time. 

In my 41 years I have literally never heard a guy say to a girl "smile love".

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06n231c

Where to begin? Surprised the poor bloke hasn't been convicted of rape for this.

Just a normal BBC feel good story really.

Aren't you the poster who steals womens' underwear from washing lines? 

Not sure you're really qualified to be an arbiter on gender politics... 

1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Aren't you the poster who steals womens' underwear from washing lines? 

Not sure you're really qualified to be an arbiter on gender politics... 

I have never at any stage in my life stolen girls knickers from a washing line. Infact I have never stolen girls knickers period (excuse the pun).

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, redm said:

I'll remember this the next time a female pinches my bottom at the train station.

Why do some people have to make the world like some sexual war zone ?

The perceived oppressed are now in danger as being seen as the oppressors. 

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why do some people have to make the world like some sexual war zone ?

The perceived oppressed are now in danger as being seen as the oppressors. 

These progressives will have you thinking that unless you are a straight white male you are playing run the gauntlet even leaving their house in the morning. It is one hell of a distortion of reality and simply not true. The BBC like to perpetuate this reality distortion on a 24/7 basis. It is utterly relentless this nonsense. This story is as news worthy as a slugs last bowel movement (if they indeed have bowels). They are fighting a fight that simply does not exist. Men all earn more, all rapists, have easier lives and never live in fear. Everything they believe in from their robotic hashtag ruled minds is a myth. Guys going up everyday to girls all the time saying "smile love", seriously what a ****ing nonsense. Is this some parallel universe that I don't see? Even if it was true (which it isn't) i'd say "really. Is your life so great that a guy saying you are beautiful is a horrendous act". And women are not delicate flowers ffs the ones I know are strong.

Edited by i8hibsh

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I have never at any stage in my life stolen girls knickers from a washing line. Infact I have never stolen girls knickers period (excuse the pun).

?

Apologies, must be thinking of someone else! 

1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

?

Apologies, must be thinking of someone else! 

I have a pant association so you have the right person. Just an incorrect story 

Francis Albert
50 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

If i8hibsh were a bit more positive on the forum he wouldn't get called out so much. Always so dour, complaining about snowflakes, I think that's his problem.

I always think that accusing posters of a lack of positivity just means you don't agree with them. I speak with some experience!

Watt-Zeefuik
53 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I always think that accusing posters of a lack of positivity just means you don't agree with them. I speak with some experience!

WHOOSH

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

WHOOSH

And when people post that I think they have an exaggerated sense of how clever they are.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Francis Albert said:

And when people post that I think they have an exaggerated sense of how clever they are.

You would be more believable if you smiled when you said that.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

You would be more believable if you smiled when you said that.

Back on topic, smiling at people can apparently get you into trouble!

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Back on topic, smiling at people can apparently get you into trouble!

There was another one of these snowflake vdeos recently with a woman acting like she had just been sexually violated because she got called 'sweetheart'. I think it was that man despising unfunny as **** comedian Kate Smurthwaite. Again, it is a 'man thing' seemingly. Conveniently singling out all the many women who also call women sweetheart and of course the guys they also call it to.  One day these wolf cryers will actually fight a fight that does exist.

3 hours ago, redm said:

She's on public transport to go to work, not to be an ornament for someone else, and not for others to get angry about because she doesn't feel complimented because some randomer gets his jollies by paying her attention that she doesn't want.  If that story was told by the sister or daughter of most of the contributors on this thread, their comments would be different to what they've posted here.