• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Might have to revise my prediction.

Ajax are more than decent.

They look an excellent side but when a team who can pass and move meets them it may just upset their rhythm

Going forward they move it quickly but how will they defend against a side with great pace ?.......both Barcelona and Liverpool have that

It is just a pity that this Ajax side will break up and perhaps before next season

Edited by CJGJ

Just now, CJGJ said:

They look an excellent side but when a team who can pass and move meets them it may just upset their rhythm

Going forward they move it quickly but how will they defend against a side with great pace ?.......both Barcelona and Liverpool have that

Especially Liverpool!

:wink:

The Old Tolbooth

Spurs threatening to choke already, claiming they're missing top players but their squad is worth a lot more than that of Ajax, and home advantage too, they should be taking the game to them, this will be over in the first leg if they don't get a grip. 

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The old 'cameraman finds a good looking woman trick' to pass the time !!

Lot of tourists in the crowd grinning away, their team is losing FFS

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Ajax look a well coached side doing well considering the 

average age of the side 

A real youthful arrogance about Ajax.

Spurs very poor so far but thats down to Ajax.

2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Why did spurs allow the injured player to come back on

Its obvious he probably has concussion 

Mental eh? ref knew it wasn't good and wanted the doc to confirm it. Someone needs to look into that

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Why did spurs allow the injured player to come back on

Its obvious he probably has concussion 

It wasnt obvious. He had treatment for the cut nose. You csnt just assume concussion if the player says he feels fine. 

It was obvious after he felt sick, not before.

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It wasnt obvious. He had treatment for the cut nose. You csnt just assume concussion if the player says he feels fine. 

It was obvious he didn't look right before he come back on even the referee had his doubts 

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Mental eh? ref knew it wasn't good and wanted the doc to confirm it. Someone needs to look into that

Spot on

I had to nip out for 15 minutes so had it on the radio. Dion Dublin as summariser. My word he was annoying...

Amazed that the Ajax players could interchange positions so well and so easily. Come on man at least do a little bit of research on the club??

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I had to nip out for 15 minutes so had it on the radio. Dion Dublin as summariser. My word he was annoying...

Amazed that the Ajax players could interchange positions so well and so easily. Come on man at least do a little bit of research on the club??

he is too busy dreaming about houses and feature walls

I P Knightley
10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

In a rugby match, where bumps to the head are more common, to be fair, he'd have been off for a compulsory head injury assessment. Those take enough time that he'd have been chundering in the treatment room, rather than on the half way line. I'd have said that was reckless of the Spurs physio/medical team to try and get their guy back on before properly assessing him.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

It was obvious he didn't look right before he come back on even the referee had his doubts 

Dont think the ref had doubts but he made sure vertonghen was happy to come back on.

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

In a rugby match, where bumps to the head are more common, to be fair, he'd have been off for a compulsory head injury assessment. Those take enough time that he'd have been chundering in the treatment room, rather than on the half way line. I'd have said that was reckless of the Spurs physio/medical team to try and get their guy back on before properly assessing him.

100% reckless. Tried to bring him back on as he's such an important player. Someone should be sacked for that... extremely dangerous.

HeartofHartley

Taking ajax as an example how football should be played. Pass and move, Mr Levein are you watching how it's expertly done?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

It was a blow to the nose rather than a typical head knock though, I know the nose is part of the head. They had allowed sufficient time imo. No one to blame, just unfortunate that the effects of the injury didnt appear in a timely manner.

He's now fine in the dressing room.

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Taking ajax as an example how football should be played. Pass and move, Mr Levein are you watching how it's expertly done?

Bravo. Couldn't wait for the dig to happen.

55 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

4 former Ajax players start for Spurs

Some youth policy they have

Except it isn’t as none of the 4 are Dutch. Signed as young players but not strictly youth policy apart from Alderweireld. 

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

You knew it was coming though ???

HeartofHartley
2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Cant wait for us to try and play football like ajax do under Levein.... oh wait.... 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Except it isn’t as none of the 4 are Dutch. Signed as young players but not strictly youth policy apart from Alderweireld. 

yep, vertonghen and eriksen signed as 16 year olds

Big Slim Stylee
9 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Cant wait for us to try and play football like ajax do under Levein.... oh wait.... 

Ffs we’re not, and never have been Ajax. 

Jambof3tornado

Bit better from spurs.

Doesnt seem to bother ajax when pressed, they still pick a pass rather than just kick the ball away.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Dont think the ref had doubts but he made sure vertonghen was happy to come back on.

Yes I can see your point 

1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Ffs we’re not, and never have been Ajax. 

We're not from Amsterdam for a start.

William H. Bonney
Just now, Notts1874 said:

We're not from Amsterdam for a start.

A few of our players do play like they’ve been smoking weed though. 

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Kinda like hobos waiting on #ibs playing like Brazil. That kinda waiting?

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Taz I'm not stupid and know whether they are Dutch or not..that was not the point it was about their youth system and I happen to think if they are with a club from 16 then they are part of it but that is only an opinion

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

A few of our players do play like they’ve been smoking weed though. 

Souttar during the first half on Sunday looked like he was just back from Amsterdam. Give you that one.