Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

AlphonseCapone

Scottish folk getting passionate about English teams is baffling. 

Anywhere to catch highlights of tonight's games? 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Cracked! Awful chat. You can have two teams playing a great game of football without the loser being bottlers.

When Liverpool don't win the title after losing only 1 game it won't be because they've bottled it.

Bang on! :thumb:

3fingersreid

Aw diddums Pep , not had enough money to spend and against a team that’s spent sweet **** all in the last two transfer windows . 

Get it up ye

COYS ?????

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

There's passionless highlights on BT sport 2 now  ?

Sexton Hardcastle

Mind when half this board said they don’t need even watch the champions league as it’s a load of shite.

Classic

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Mind when half this board said they don’t need even watch the champions league as it’s a load of shite.

Classic

Dunno on here if anyone said that tbh. 

I have said I watch little if any EPL football. 

Ucl is the beat teams and players in the world tho. 

Any football person with BT would appreciate that. 

5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Classic

Edited by AlimOzturk

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ah was one of them

Problem?

wanker-25087671.png

No problem precious. Just you making a usual mess of yourself.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Would you? I wouldn't like but some people might. I think they'll win the league and the FA cup from here tbh.

I'd really like Ajax to win the champions League but I think it will be Barca.

Yes. In the next seven days Manchester City need to play Spurs and Manchester United, the league could be gone as well by next weekend.

SectionDJambo

Watched the City v Spurs match in the local pub. Everyone glued to the big game apart from one Rangers fan watching, and slamming the bar, cheering on Liverpool.

And here was me thinking that Liverpool and Celtic were best buddies.

Makes no difference to me who wins this competition, and it makes me wonder why anyone in Scotland would.

The City Spurs game delivered  an exciting match, whatever the, justifiable, views from many on the sporting integrity of the “Champions” League.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes. In the next seven days Manchester City need to play Spurs and Manchester United, the league could be gone as well by next weekend.

Yeh but they will probably win those games so the league probably won't be gone. They'll probably win it.

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I only caught the last half hour as I was working. And despite seeing it live I'm just about to watch the whole game. 

COYS!!!

You will enjoy ??

COYS

SectionDJambo

Liverpool would probably have preferred Manchester City to go through. Now they have 2, less high intensity, games to play.

Could be the difference, once they get over the disappointment of losing to Spurs.

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good thing about tonight is proper football people can appreciate it all without any agenda. 

:spoton:

I will never understand people falling out over two englis h teams playing.  I thought it was a brilliant game of football although the better team lost. Var was shown to cause as many arguments as it solves but it made for great tv 

47 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Loving the bitterness...

Pep has spent over half a billion pounds...repeat over £500 million net and not reached the semi finals of the Champions League

He was brought in to do this and he has failed..its that simple

He did the same at Bayern and he took over the Champions league winners

Give Klopp over £500 million net and I think we know he would not be getting knocked out before the semi finals..........wait a minute he has made the last 2 semi finals and with a far lower net spend...oh and Poch is exactly the same

People just hate to speak out against Pep but his champions league record since leaving Messi is very average and poor in relation to the clubs he has managed and the money spent

Yes I'm bitter of someone pretending to support a team worth 100s of millions of pounds coming on to decry one of the most successful managers in the game. It's tragic. Take it to a Liverpool forum.

Mr Elwood P
38 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yeh but they will probably win those games so the league probably won't be gone. They'll probably win it.

Probably not.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Loving the bitterness...

Pep has spent over half a billion pounds...repeat over £500 million net and not reached the semi finals of the Champions League

He was brought in to do this and he has failed..its that simple

He did the same at Bayern and he took over the Champions league winners

Give Klopp over £500 million net and I think we know he would not be getting knocked out before the semi finals..........wait a minute he has made the last 2 semi finals and with a far lower net spend...oh and Poch is exactly the same

People just hate to speak out against Pep but his champions league record since leaving Messi is very average and poor in relation to the clubs he has managed and the money spent

To be fair to Pep he said exactly that yesterday in his press conference, he called himself a failure at this stage of the competition. Not many managers would have the humility to do that, Klopp and Poch would though and are two excellent managers who are doing a great job with far less money. 

For what it’s worth I reckon Peps teams let in too many goals against the very best teams, even his Barca team did that. Not exactly rocket science I know.

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Klopp has spent a fortune and you know it, explaining your use of the term net as his spending has been offset by selling Coutinho. Spending in terms of expenditure leaving out income isn't quite as pretty for Liverpool.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I love var, want it up here badly.

Expect Scotland to be the only place it fails 

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, AWM said:

Although disallowed, Sterling’s ability to let the ball run across him to take out two defenders in THAT moment is absolute class. 

Was a cracking game. 

Just shows how difficult the CL is to win. City and PSG look no closer to winning their holy grail. 

Ajax to win the thing please. Then Barca. Then Spurs. 

10 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

He'll probably get sacked then, the pathetic failure that he is.

He is a very good manager but he isn’t the messiah made out to be 

Personally think his decision making skills are a bit iffy at times 

Spending 500 million pounds is a lot of money And  questions will be asked by some but not all. Sure they will eventually win it he certainly does not deserve to be sacked that’s for sure 

Liverpool will take Barcelona apart and win the competition 

Carl Fredrickson

I dont watch the group stages of CL. Watched a few of the knock out games but generally not too fussed. This season the two teams I have enjoyed watching the most are Man City and Spurs. The first leg didnt live up to my expectations but watched the second leg last night. Best thing I can say for the game is that my 8 year old son who has no interest in football, couldnt take his eyes off it. 

So much excitement, great football and goals. I wasnt fussed who won and loved the drama at the end. 

hmfc_liam06

The best thing about this thread was CJGJ talking to himself while the rest watched an absolute classic in Manchester.

The Old Tolbooth

Two cracking games of football last night for very different reasons, Liverpool started very shaky and Porto missed a few good chances to score, before VAR stepped in and correctly awarded Liverpool a goal that was originally chalked off, and from there on it was like a training game for Liverpool as they showed some real class in brushing Porto aside, Henderson is like a new signing in his box to box role, superb!

The City/Spurs game had it all, probably one of the most dramatic games ever! Yet again VAR proving it's weight in gold otherwise the wrong team would be through to the semi final, an utterly breathtaking game of football! 

As for the league, Spurs are desperate for the points otherwise they might need to win the CL to play in it again next season, annd Man Utd are just desperate for the points, because 6th place is no good to them, the next 2 games for City will make or break them, if they win them both then they win the league I reckon, if they don't then it's Liverpool's, who have a tricky little fixture against a Cardiff side who are fighting for their EPL lives, I'm pretty sure there's another twist in this title run in yet! 

11 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Classic

I never bother with the group stages as they are usually boring and the same teams win all the time. The quarters onwards are usually pretty good. I missed the first 2 goals last night as I was sat with the telly behind me in the pub. After the 2 goals i turned round and have to say it was a fantastic game of football and the var really added to the excitement

Unless you support any of the other 3, I think anyone who loves football will want Ajax to win this now. I certainly do...unless its against Barca in the final....i'll be 50/50 :lol:

6 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Unless you support any of the other 3, I think anyone who loves football will want Ajax to win this now. I certainly do...unless its against Barca in the final....i'll be 50/50 :lol:

Barca have won it plenty recently, that would be the most boring choice out the lot. Would be amazing if this Ajax team were to win it.

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Klopp has spent a fortune and you know it, explaining your use of the term net as his spending has been offset by selling Coutinho. Spending in terms of expenditure leaving out income isn't quite as pretty for Liverpool.

His net spend is lower than what Fulham spent in one window this season.  Whether it's Klopp or the Director of Football(s) at Liverpool they have went about their business very well in the past 2/3 seasons.  They have made a decent wedge on outgoings excluding Coutinho, the sales of Sakho and Lucas paid for Salah, they effectively swapped Kevin Stewart (I don't know who he is either) for Andy Robertson, selling Benteke covered Mane's signature. 

They have slowly added 2/3 real quality players each season and essentially swapped for average PL players. 

54 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The best thing about this thread was CJGJ talking to himself while the rest watched an absolute classic in Manchester.

:D

The Treasurer

Guardiola being a hypocrite bleating about the VAR decisions when, had this been in place at Swansea (like it was at the other ties), his team would have been out of the FA Cup.

Just to be clear, I've not seen any of last nights game, so I've no idea if he has a case or not with regard to the two decisions

Edited by The Treasurer

13 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

His net spend is lower than what Fulham spent in one window this season.  Whether it's Klopp or the Director of Football(s) at Liverpool they have went about their business very well in the past 2/3 seasons.  They have made a decent wedge on outgoings excluding Coutinho, the sales of Sakho and Lucas paid for Salah, they effectively swapped Kevin Stewart (I don't know who he is either) for Andy Robertson, selling Benteke covered Mane's signature. 

They have slowly added 2/3 real quality players each season and essentially swapped for average PL players. 

The net spend thing isn't relevant though outside a balance sheet. My point was that a lot has been spent on players, full stop. Certain Liverpool fans on here like to make out that other clubs spend a fortune and the godlike Klopp has scraped by on pennies which is patently bullshit.

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Guardiola being a hypocrite bleating about the VAR decisions when, had this been in place at Swansea (like it was at the other ties), his team would have been out of the FA Cup.

Just to be clear, I've not seen any of last nights game, so I've no idea if he has a case or not with regard to the two decisions

Not sure what he said in regards to the VAR but it was correct on both counts.

12 hours ago, Crete said:

It was the best champions league game ever I hope our Scottish Cup final can be as thrilling as that match.

Absolutely. With the exception of the 'home' team winning 4-3 of course...

17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Where has he bleated about the decisions?

What I read he seemed to accept the decisions. 

Edited by Mikey1874

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Where has he bleated about the decisions?

In the media.

Greetin' about Spurs goal being a handball

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

In the media.

Which it was. 

It was accidental so not sure if that influenced decision to give goal or looking at wrong angle as we said at time. 

Not many managers wouldn't mention something like that. Klopp would. Poch would. You could call it 'bleating'. I think he was more disappointed. 

Edited by Mikey1874

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

In the media.

Guardiola interview with BBC straight after game

"It is cruel but it is what it is and we have to accept it...I support VAR but maybe from one angle it is hand ball, maybe from the referee's it is not...We missed a penalty in the first leg but I am so proud of the players and the fans. I have never heard noise like that since I have been in Manchester but football is unpredictable."

Bindy Badgy

Didn't notice before but, the Tottenham defender moves his head out of the way of Sterling's shot for the first goal. If he'd taken it in the face like he's paid to do it probably wouldn't have gone in.