• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the rules are that if the ball hits your hand in the box then it's a penalty, then it's a penalty.

That's not in the rules though and no way was that a penalty. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Jarman said:

What a performance by United. Get that right roond ye, Neymar. Ya sister shagging puddle drinker. 

:yas:

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

First time ever in Champions League team has won from 0-2 first leg at home. 

PSG are racking up the firsts. 

Aye, first team in France to be scum, after Marseille.

Thunderstruck

Them’s the rules. Remember the penalty Motherwell got in the 4-2 cup game earlier this season. 

PSG got what they deserved. Fancy passing and interplay is all very well but, if you don’t take your chances, fate is going to kick you in the nuts. 

ToadKiller Dog

Yep under the law it's a penalty, personally its maybe wrong the law. 

Olle definatly got his old bosses ability to pull result out of the hat. 

5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

As I understand the rules, that is a clear pen.

I don't think that fits the description of a hand ball in the laws of the game but fair enough all the refs seem to agree.

JamboGraham

It’s a tough one...however, the defender watches the ball all the way in and then turns his head away at the last second. With that movement his arm should follow...it doesn’t and he leaves his arm in...

These hand ball decisions are given, not because of what we think should happen, but what the authorities deem is a handball. And it was explained it is a penalty.

Next season the laws / guidelines change again to be a little more lenient with natural position taken in to account even more.

Turning your back, covering your face or any part of your body because you are too wimpish to take a sore one, tough titties......bollocks can be protected under any circumstances.  Trying to get them out the way too difficult.

The Internet
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Somebody clear this up for me and quote the rules that make that a penalty.

Happy to have my mind changed.

The robot overlords say so. If it is the law it certainly wasn't written by someone who's played football. 

Why is the defender turning his back on the ball? Deserved to give away the penalty just for that. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Proper football people will be DELIGHTED that the plastic Paris arseholes have bottled it again.

:pleasing:

Yeh I'm delighted they're out but I'm not willing to pretend that wasn't an absolute joke of a decision to give a pen for that :rofl: deary me.

Edited by RudiHMFC

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Somebody clear this up for me and quote the rules that make that a penalty.

Happy to have my mind changed.

He didn't take responsibility for his arm!

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

If the rules are that if the ball hits your hand in the box then it's a penalty, then it's a penalty.

That's not in the rules though and no way was that a penalty. 

I agree with you. No way was that deliberate imo.

11 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Think I’ll finally pack football in if it ever comes to the Scottish leagues. It will ruin football. 

On the whole it hasn't ruined any other sports.

Football being football will fight to retain the past, ignoring the opportunity of future to the bitter end.

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

It’s a tough one...however, the defender watches the ball all the way in and then turns his head away at the last second. With that movement his arm should follow...it doesn’t and he leaves his arm in...

This. He doesn't appear to make any move to tuck his arm in - he just leaves it sticking out there. Penalty.

27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

United are clueless beyond the halfway line. Literally have no idea what to do.

I’m guessing from your posts you have a dislike of Man U m.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Is that what the rules say?

That's what the ref in the BT Sport booth says. He should have been sacked on the spot.

100% a penalty, whether or not it was deliberate he held his arm out to make himself bigger taking a chance of it hitting his arm. He knew when it was given it was definitely a penalty as well. Congrats Mctominay class performance!

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This. He doesn't appear to make any move to tuck his arm in - he just leaves it sticking out there. Penalty.

He didn't move it towards the ball though. It was ball to hand. No penalty.

7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Proper football people will be DELIGHTED that the plastic Paris arseholes have bottled it again.

:pleasing:

:rudiyas:

Just now, ZanderMIM said:

100% a penalty, whether or not it was deliberate he held his arm out to make himself bigger taking a chance of it hitting his arm. He knew when it was given it was definitely a penalty as well. Congrats Mctominay class performance!

He didn't hold his arm out. His arm was in a totally natural position for someone jumping in that manner.

Brighton Jambo

I thought the New manager bounce was just a bit of luck and an easy run of initial fixtures but what do I know.  That is some result even more so with such a patched up team.  They will surely give him the job now 

Just now, Taffin said:

Don’t be so stupid. So according to your theory I could have both my hands in the air and if it hits them it’s no penalty ????

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

He didn't hold his arm out. His arm was in a totally natural position for someone jumping in that manner.

He did though. He saw the ball in flight enough to turn and keep his arm where the ball was going 

This season CL serving up some real treats again putting the old "its boring" myth to bed once more.

Yet more farcical refereeing to add to the mix! 

All manc quarter final please sir :glorious:

The Internet
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

On the whole it hasn't ruined any other sports.

Football being football will fight to retain the past, ignoring the opportunity of future to the bitter end.

Anyone who doesn't pure love var is a dinosaur lol 

It doesn't work in football, too much can happen in one phase of play for it to work like it does in other sports. Is the 'clear and obvious' rule still in effect this week or do they just change their minds when they feel like it? I'm pretty much convinced now that it's only being introduced for dramatic purposes. 

Just now, Taffin said:

He didn't take it away from the ball though, despite it sticking out a fair way. Penalty.

You can't just jump up in front of a ball like that with your arms sticking out. You even see defenders in positions like this jumping up holding their hands together behind their backs. They know the score, they know how referees are interpreting the rules at the moment.

2 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

Don’t be so stupid. So according to your theory I could have both my hands in the air and if it hits them it’s no penalty ????

It's not my theory, it's the rule. It states it must be deliberate and they must be moved towards the ball. 

Why would you have your hands up if not moving them towards the ball? His are in a totally normal position for someone jumping with his back turned.

Just now, Taffin said:

It's not my theory, it's the rule. It states it must be deliberate and they must be moved towards the ball. 

Why would you have your hands up if not moving them towards the ball? His are in a totally normal position for someone jumping with his back turned.

He knew what he was doing by sticking his elbow out, he saw the ball before turning his head 100%

I think the fact the ball was smashed from close range and was going miles over the bar into row Z makes this penalty nonsense

Because it has been slowed down, frame by frame, everyone starts thinking he moved his arm to block it etc, but come on. In real time, do you think you could make such a calculated move?! Arms move while jumping.

Next season I hope the rules do get clarified more. VAR encourages refs to over analyse a decision because of the amount of pressure.

He knew what he was doing by sticking his elbow out, he saw the ball before turning his head 100%

If he did all of that in a fraction of a second then he must have an IQ to eclipse Einstein's.

The Internet

Did you get that from the super slow mo replay which of course is going to make it look like he had more than 1/10000th of a second to make this decision?

9 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

He did though. He saw the ball in flight enough to turn and keep his arm where the ball was going 

This is the problem with watching something in slow motion. It doesn't happen that slow in real life.

Edited by Sooperstar

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Did you get that from the super slow mo replay which of course is going to make it look like he had more than 1/10000th of a second to make this decision?

Of course I did? So did the referee and so did the BT sport referee?