Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Price

Asensio pulls one back. 

Wouldnt rule out Ajax to score another 

Edit - There it is. Incredible.

Edited by Captain Price

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

They will blame Gareth Bale and I don't even know if he is playing.

Roond ye Ramos ya tosspot.

it is hilarious that this is happening due to that ***** ramos

That free kick was good but it was hardly Hartley 06

Hearts bleeding for Real here...nope, no it isn't. Come on Ajax 

54 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Real Madrids version of kickback will be on meltdown, tears and snotters all ower the shop.

i8ashletico will be having a tantrum!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Watching it now. Good to see them getting reamed.

Ajax could have taken 6 of them. 

I know a poster that will be crying his eyes out. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

i8ashletico will be having a tantrum!

????

I8psv is in mid stroke tho. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He isn't playing so the wank is having to watch through gritted teeth. 

Fud  !

that is what he gets for thinking the tie was over and getting a deliberate booking in the 1st leg

Bazzas right boot
Just now, milky_26 said:

that is what he gets for thinking the tie was over and getting a deliberate booking in the 1st leg

Aye, that worked well. 

Placid Casual
18 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Ajax have been outstanding. Virtually all home grown, young talent. A joy to watch. 

It is a joy to watch. Reminds me why I fell in love with football. Happens rarely this now, but thrilling when it does.

Ajax were a joy to watch. Incisive passing, hard working and technically excellent. I wish football was played like that more often

Just now, Taffin said:

Ajax were a joy to watch. Incisive passing, hard working and technically excellent. I wish football was played like that more often

Sums it up perfectly. Love watching them play. 

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it is hilarious that this is happening due to that ***** ramos

:greatpost::look::illogical:

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

does this show how much ronaldo carried real madrid?

Whether it does or not, he'll be lapping it up.

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They were excellent and have a brilliant largely home-grown young side.  The sad thing is we'll never see how good they might become, as the big clubs will simply snap up their best players.  I'd love to see them go on and lift the trophy this season though.

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

They were excellent and have a brilliant largely home-grown young side.  The sad thing is we'll never see how good they might become, as the big clubs will simply snap up their best players.  I'd love to see them go on and lift the trophy this season though.

You're right, but you'd think that their young players wouldn't be in such a rush to leave. Great club, fighting for title, Euro football, and so many that have left haven't done so well. 

Would be great to see them develop over the next couple yrs, minus de Jong & de Ligt of course.. 

colinmaroon

Where are the goals from Ajax game?  I'm sure I heard burbling Lineker say that the goals were going to be shown

Pleased for Spurs but, the usual premature ejaculations about English clubs is nauseating.

Obviously forcing to listening to this by leaving goals to bitter end.

colinmaroon
9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Where are the goals from Ajax game?  I'm sure I heard burbling Lineker say that the goals were going to be shown

Pleased for Spurs but, the usual premature ejaculations about English clubs is nauseating.

Worth waiting for!

How do you like them onions Ramos?  Hoped you enjoyed watching that!  Your 2nd yellow ploy worked out perfectly!

Amazing the difference when that cheat ain't playing.

Edited by colinmaroon

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Wage bill is about £10m less than Celtic as well. Shows how absolutely terrible their European performances under Rodgers really were.

13 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

You're right, but you'd think that their young players wouldn't be in such a rush to leave. Great club, fighting for title, Euro football, and so many that have left haven't done so well. 

Would be great to see them develop over the next couple yrs, minus de Jong & de Ligt of course.. 

I agree, it would be great if the core of this young team could stay together for a few years at least.  I'd much rather see a team that develops it's own players winning the CL than the big clubs that can just buy success.

As you mention though, there are two of them on their way already come the end of the season.  Just hearing on 5 Live that Bale earns more at Madrid than the entire Ajax first team combined.  It's impossible for clubs like Ajax to compete financially with the clubs from the big European leagues.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wage bill is about £10m less than Celtic as well. Shows how absolutely terrible their European performances under Rodgers really were.

Yes, Celtic have largely managed to get past teams that have less money than them, then Brenda would bleat about the financial disparity when they got pumped by one of the big teams.  No hint of irony from him either when you consider that all of his domestic success in Scotland is predicated on Celtic having a budget that is around 3 times that of Rangers and dwarfs the rest of the teams.

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Ajax are a big club but their league isn't so strong, they'll get much more exposure and money abroad than from playing the likes of FC Emmen, de Graafschap, PEC Zwolle, Excelsior etc.

59 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ajax are a big club but their league isn't so strong, they'll get much more exposure and money abroad than from playing the likes of FC Emmen, de Graafschap, PEC Zwolle, Excelsior etc.

Sad, but true Smithee.  For me, they are not just a big club, but an iconic club in European terms.

When I first started watching football in the early 70's, Ajax were the dominant team in Europe.  They introduced the concept of total football, won 3 successive European cups, gave us the genius that was Cruyff as well as many other superb players.  They also had that iconic strip, which Hearts copied in our centenary season in 1974.  Sadly we didn't come close to copying their football, but it's still one of my all time favourite Hearts strips.

Just like to register that last night's performance against Real Madrid was one of the best I have ever seen in European football. And that goal...

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Just like to register that last night's performance against Real Madrid was one of the best I have ever seen in European football. And that goal...

I agree. It was phenomenal and i don't think a 7-1 would have flattered them.

The Old Tolbooth

Absolutely brilliant seeing that mob emptied out last night, especially that cheating rodent Ramos, imagine getting deliberately booked so you'd be okay for the quarters, the man's an arse. 

Great to see Ajax play like that.

if Bayern and Schalke get knocked out that would be German football in a crisis at club and international level.

The Old Tolbooth
18 minutes ago, benny said:

Great to see Ajax play like that.

if Bayern and Schalke get knocked out that would be German football in a crisis at club and international level.

Sadly, I can't see Liverpool knocking out Bayern, they're just not playing well enough or confident enough just now. 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What a fantastic performance, should’ve been ten.

FBB8B1BC-484C-4EDE-A423-F0D9BC67646E.png

Perhaps Brendan Rogers jumped too soon. Surely Solari's seat will become vacant in the next couple of weeks?

£59m wage bill, though? That's outrageous. They could halve it and still pish all over our league and make similar headway in Europe to what they do now.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Perhaps Brendan Rogers jumped too soon. Surely Solari's seat will become vacant in the next couple of weeks?

£59m wage bill, though? That's outrageous. They could halve it and still pish all over our league and make similar headway in Europe to what they do now.

Cast of thousands really, no wonder the Celtic board didn’t spend money in the summer when that’s the wage bill.

He would look silly in that big seat though, feet dangling inches off the ground.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Roma are struggling a bit just now..might be a pretty close call with extra time

PSG at home will be difficult to oppose though one has to wish Manchester United well in this tie

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Roma are struggling a bit just now..might be a pretty close call with extra time

PSG at home will be difficult to oppose though one has to wish Manchester United well in this tie

No, one doesn’t!

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Going for two 2-0 scorelines tonight.

Porto and Man.Utd.

Doubt it. They've got half a team playing. 

The Madrid era had to end, losing Ronaldo and Zidane was always going to hit them hard.

I still fancy Barca or possibly Atleti to keep the trophy in Spain.