Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

And that is an absolutely stone wall penalty denied. Di Maria's reaction says it all. 

Haha edit: good refereeing to change the decision!! 

For once the referee behind the goals actually doing something. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be something if Buffon gets to the latter stages of this with PSG and then faces Juventus after all the close things there. Champs League has been the one thing that has alluded him.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Watching a game like this, and seeing someone like Veratti, reminds you of what a chancer Jordan Henderson is. It’s not his fault, managers play him, but how someone with his talent was a win away from winning the Champions League and two away from winning the World Cup I’ll never know.

2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Would be something if Buffon gets to the latter stages of this with PSG and then faces Juventus after all the close things there. Champs League has been the one thing that has alluded him.

Juventus win would be outstanding 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Juventus win would be outstanding 

From what I've seen of this years Champions League they have as good a chance as anyone!  

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Watching a game like this, and seeing someone like Veratti, reminds you of what a chancer Jordan Henderson is. It’s not his fault, managers play him, but how someone with his talent was a win away from winning the Champions League and two away from winning the World Cup I’ll never know.

He's had an incredible career for such an average footballer, it amazes me too

12 minutes ago, magicTs said:

you know it will be this year that juve win it. the season after buffon leaves so he wont get that medal

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don't think I've seen him do anything of note since that year they ran City close for the title under Rodgers. He was good that year. Just a standard midfield workhorse in general though. Once Keita and Fabinho are up to speed i imagine he'll be phased out. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Tbf, football is a team game. 

Eleven Messi 's would be shite for example. 

You need players with different qualities. 

Henderson seems to compliment a team of better players. 

Fair doos to him. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In other football John McGinn back from injury tonight for Aston Villa. Quiet uneventful game. 

Forest have had 5 shots on target :lol:

4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Tbf, football is a team game. 

Eleven Messi 's would be shite for example. 

You need players with different qualities. 

Henderson seems to compliment a team of better players. 

Fair doos to him. 

Don't think you meant to quote me with this reply but Henderson is very highly thought of by Liverpool and is seen as a player who has progressed massively since signing from Sunderland. As you say he plays a role that allows the more gifted players the opportunity to do what they do best whereas he does the simple things extremely well. 

PSG deserved the win....... but to be honest I'm amazed Neymar played the full 90 minutes........... with three broken legs, 7 face fractures, and 2 broken ribs. What a player. 

So just 4 places undecided 

Athletico Madrid

Borussia Dortmund

Barcelona 

Porto

Shalke

Bayern Munich 

Ajax 

Man City

Real Madrid 

Roma

Juventus

Man Utd 

1 hour ago, VALDOS said:

Oh ref for **** sake you have been done by the lino, Mane clearly going down before getting near the PSG defender.

Exactly this. Does my head in. Even worse all those muppets in the studio saying it’s a stonewaller. 

So......

Spurs must match Inter's result in the final game to qualify. Problem they have is their fixture is Barcelona away whilst Inter have PSV at home. If they both win Spurs would qualify having scored in Milan.

Liverpool must beat Napoli by 2 goals at Anfield to qualify. Anything less and its the Europa League for them! Could have Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the latter stages of that this year. 

11 minutes ago, magicTs said:

So......

Spurs must match Inter's result in the final game to qualify. Problem they have is their fixture is Barcelona away whilst Inter have PSV at home. If they both win Spurs would qualify having scored in Milan.

Liverpool must beat Napoli by 2 goals at Anfield to qualify. Anything less and its the Europa League for them! Could have Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the latter stages of that this year. 

Spurs hope comes in that Barca might play a second string, hope not.

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'll go for Napoli, PSG, Barcelona, Lyon 

Barca are through. Its between Inter and Spurs for 2nd. I'll go for Inter in that one given they have PSV at home.

PSG are stick ons. I wouldn't right off Liverpool on a European night at Anfield and think they are capable of winning by 2 against Napoli even though they are clearly a talented side.

Shakhtar v Lyon could be an interesting one as neither are great at the back and the home side need to win to qualify. Have to fancy Lyon to do enough but should be some game. 

Edited by magicTs

7 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Spurs hope comes in that Barca might play a second string, hope not.

That is definitely true and its possible they may rest some guys with them already having secured top spot and with La Liga as competitive as it is this season. 

Edited by magicTs

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Liverpool have a side simply lacking a world class midfield performer to link defence and attack

Still think they're going to win the league?!

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Strange appointment. He looks out of his depth. 

Completely Dino.

His team do not know where they are meant to be playing on the park. They are all over the place.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Completely Dino.

His team do not know where they are meant to be playing on the park. They are all over the place.

Saying that, the penalty miss was a shocker. 

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Saying that, the penalty miss was a shocker. 

Falcao is about the last part of a great team.  Sad to see, but, as you say, the penalty was rubbish.

Reporter telling klopp they only need to beat napoli 1-0 at home...hmmm not sure on that as the italians are 2 better on GD and beat L'pool 1-0....can anyone clear this up.

Ah...just found this...

• A 1-0 win will take them through. They will be level on goal difference but progress courtesy of having scored more goals.
  • A win by two or more goals will take them through, courtesy of a better head-to-head record.
  • However, a 2-1 or 3-2 win will see them GO OUT, as Napoli will have scored an away goal or goals, so will progress on the head-to-head record.

7 hours ago, VALDOS said:

Ah...just found this...

• A 1-0 win will take them through. They will be level on goal difference but progress courtesy of having scored more goals.
  • A win by two or more goals will take them through, courtesy of a better head-to-head record.
  • However, a 2-1 or 3-2 win will see them GO OUT, as Napoli will have scored an away goal or goals, so will progress on the head-to-head record.

:lol:

That certainly makes it an interesting game on the night.

Confused fans all round the ground.

The commentators last night called the game of little importance to Liverpool as they still had a "get out of jail free" card due to the home game with Napoli and proceeded later on to talk about how Liverpool will be better in the knock out stages.

If the club have a similar kind of arrogance then they'll be out as Napoli are a very good team. Liverpool will have to be at their very best to win that one.

Napoli 1-2 after catching Liverpool on the break late on with the game sat at 1-1 Is my prediction.

10 hours ago, VALDOS said:

A good night ruined by Spurs!

Great result over the diving italians, one dive was that bad it was laughable, ref was a joke.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I still dont understand how one goal puts them level on goal difference :huh:

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

It's a knock out game 

First leg Napoli 1 Liverpool 0

(Just it won't go to extra time) 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a knock out game 

First leg Napoli 1 Liverpool 0

(Just it won't go to extra time) 

Well done, Mickey. Just confused a whole bunch of people !

16 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I still dont understand how one goal puts them level on goal difference :huh:

Currently Napoli are on +3 gd and Liverpool are on +1 gd. If Liverpool win 1-0 Napoli drop to +2 gd and Liverpool increase to +2 gd. So they would be even

59 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Currently Napoli are on +3 gd and Liverpool are on +1 gd. If Liverpool win 1-0 Napoli drop to +2 gd and Liverpool increase to +2 gd. So they would be even

....and Liverpool would go through on goals scored...9 to Napoli's 7.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Of course...☺️

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2018 at 10:39, Boab said:

....and Liverpool would go through on goals scored...9 to Napoli's 7.

It's about head to head is it not? Liverpool need to match Napoli's result against them to go through I believe.