Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

14 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's about head to head is it not? Liverpool need to match Napoli's result against them to go through I believe.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No idea why fans obsess about these things. No bearing on game. 

They've lost all four including the first and the last? Quality bit of insight that

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

They've lost all four including the first and the last? Quality bit of insight that

He's also refereed 4 Napoli games of which they won 3. 

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think it was highlighting that both games were against Italian opposition.

Lol Spurs going to get pumped off Barcelona B. If dembele lives up to his potential France are just going to have an unfair team. 

Steve MacManaman stopping just short of calling Dries Merten a disgrace for having Van Dijk nearly snapping his ankle. 

What a bellend. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Lol Spurs going to get pumped off Barcelona B. If dembele lives up to his potential France are just going to have an unfair team. 

Amazing not so long ago he was being written off. Bad attitude etc etc. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

It was a straight red card. Mcmanaman is an arsehole.

Watching it back, he is a very lucky boy. That’s a red card if the game’s in Italy. 

I might be showing my age here, but whatever happened to commentators commentating on the game?

Now they just chill out, have a chat with the guy beside them and occasionally fire out the odd stat. 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I might be showing my age here, but whatever happened to commentators commentating on the game?

Now they just chill out, have a chat with the guy beside them and occasionally fire out the odd stat. 

Maybe thinking of the popularity of Jon Champion and Ally McCoist during the World Cup. 

This is different though. 

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

This pair are feckin brutal to listen to. 

Napoli couldnt...could they?

Concede a second then score in the 93rd minute LOL

3 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Liverpool and spurs will need a very favorable draw to progress beyond the last 16, dreadful finishing by both.

Nobody in Europe will want to draw Liverpool.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

McManaman is an utter welt. Says the keeper couldn't get over his own defender. 

Replay shows them to be two feet apart. 

:rofl:

The man is a slavering welt.

He was right that it was never a foul though. 

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Napoli were awful tonight. Hopeless over the halfway line

Obviously played out their skins in the home tie. 

A very good match with Liverpool deserved winners...should have won by a couple more

Have to laugh at posters claiming they are not a threat to win the Champions League...given they were runners up last season you'd think they' know better

19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A very good match with Liverpool deserved winners...should have won by a couple more

Have to laugh at posters claiming they are not a threat to win the Champions League...given they were runners up last season you'd think they' know better

Agreed. Top of the EPL and survived the CL group of death. They are the team to avoid as Manchester City found out last season. The thing that becomes clear, the more time you spend on football forums, is that a vocal majority have a very shallow understanding of the game that the dedicate a huge amount of time to. 

Like in the group stages, the four English sides will NOT be able to face each other in the Round of 16.

This will mean that Tottenham and Liverpool will be kept apart from Man City and United who could both finish top of their group.

But once the Champions League enters the quarter-finals stage, it will be all vs all, so an all-English tie could be on the cards, like Liverpool vs Man City from last season.

Liverpool will meet a group winner from outside England in the last 16 as will Spurs and Manchester United if they finish runners up.

Liverpool will get Barcelona or Real Madrid...I think or should I say I guess

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Napoli were very poor, Liverpool didn't have to play that well to win tonight, how ospina keeps getting decent clubs is a mystery, he's hopeless.

The high press that Liverpool deployed tonight was almost flawless. Klopp was almost beside himself with glee after it!  A great performance outside of the finishing by Mane and the brain fart by Lovern. I'd fancy Liverpool against anyone in the last 16.

46 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Agreed. The Champions League its wide open this year. Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are not as strong as they have bene in recent years and the likes of Barcelona and Juventus, though both excellent teams are both beatable. There is no doubt in my mind that Man City and PSG can win it this year which wouldn't have been the case despite their domestic success and the money they've spun in recent seasons. As for Liverpool, Anfield remains one of the most difficult places to get a result on a European night and its not a good idea having to go there to get a result. 

In respect to the draw:

Man City can draw Athletico Madrid, Schalke, Roma and Ajax (assuming they don't beat Bayern)

Liverpool can draw Dortmund, Barcelona, Porto, Real Madrid, Juventus or Bayern Munich (assuming they don't lose to Ajax)

Man Utd can draw Dortmund, Barcelona, Porto, Real Madrid, PSG or Bayern Munich (assuming they don't lose to Ajax)

Spurs can draw Dortmund, Porto, Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus or Bayern Munich (assuming they don't lose to Ajax)

So there should be some great ties!

16 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Agreed. The Champions League its wide open this year. Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are not as strong as they have bene in recent years and the likes of Barcelona and Juventus, though both excellent teams are both beatable. There is no doubt in my mind that Man City and PSG can win it this year which wouldn't have been the case despite their domestic success and the money they've spun in recent seasons. As for Liverpool, Anfield remains one of the most difficult places to get a result on a European night and its not a good idea having to go there to get a result. 

In respect to the draw:

Man City can draw Athletico Madrid, Schalke, Roma and Ajax (assuming they don't beat Bayern)

Liverpool can draw Dortmund, Barcelona, Porto, Real Madrid, Juventus or Bayern Munich (assuming they don't lose to Ajax)

Man Utd can draw Dortmund, Barcelona, Porto, Real Madrid, PSG or Bayern Munich (assuming they don't lose to Ajax)

Spurs can draw Dortmund, Porto, Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus or Bayern Munich (assuming they don't lose to Ajax)

So there should be some great ties!

Man U to draw Porto and Liverpool to draw Dortmund. Narrative arc and all that ...

Can't see Man U beating anyone but they pulled off an incredible result in Turin so anything is possible.

PSG still don't convince me. Neymar and Mpabbe are an incredible duo but PSG seem to implode in the later stages each year. If PSG did win it would be fantastic for Buffon but I can see the reverse outcome, as far as he is concerned, with Juventus winning it. Heartbreak. 

The Old Tolbooth

Only 3 players have scored against Liverpool at Anfield this season

Thomas Meunier
 Kylian Mbappé
 Callum Paterson

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Only 3 players have scored against Liverpool at Anfield this season

Thomas Meunier
 Kylian Mbappé
 Callum Paterson

A couple of Chelsea players as well.

Might not be so bad finishing second this year  

Top seeds for last 16 draw so far

Borussia Dortmund

Barcelona 

PSG 

Porto

Real Madrid 

Others

Athletico Madrid 

Tottenham 

Liverpool 

Shalke

Roma 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might not be so bad finishing second this year  

Top seeds for last 16 draw so far

Borussia Dortmund

Barcelona 

PSG 

Porto

Real Madrid 

Others

Athletico Madrid 

Tottenham 

Liverpool 

Shalke

Roma 

Would fancy both Liverpool and Spurs to beat this Real Madrid side.