Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet

Their new stadium is stunning really. Thought it looked a bit generic when I seen pictures as it was being built but now when it's full it looks amazing. 

Unknown user
On 14/03/2019 at 11:11, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What does BT stand for? 

All the seats are taken

VAR MAY GIVE PORTO A PENALTY EVEN THOUGH HIS ARM WAS AT HIS SIDE AND HE WAS TRYING TO AVOID GETTING HIT..KIND OF BALL TO HAND...no penalty is the decision but it could have been different

What a chance from the corner missed by Porto.......still 2-0

Edited by CJGJ

That was a pen all day long , blocked it with his arm...ball was goal bound and his arm changed the direction of the shot.

Whether it was deliberate handball or not ...it was handball and a Penalty, why do these clowns in the studio not accept that? Them's the rules now FFS....

Ferryjambo99

If Danny rose had been on the goal line when he made that block I wonder if there would be the same opposition to it being a penalty 

Just now, GYL said:

That was a pen all day long , blocked it with his arm...ball was goal bound and his arm changed the direction of the shot.

Whether it was deliberate handball or not ...it was handball and a Penalty, why do these clowns in the studio not accept that? Them's the rules now FFS....

What?

Bazzas right boot

The pundits really don't get what the rules are or the logic behind it. 

Tools. 

Ferryjambo99
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What?

New rules take deliberate out of the equation when it's making the body bigger, scoring or denying a goal

1 minute ago, GYL said:

He didn't deliberately handle the ball but he handled it in the box=  penalty

If you have skewed interpretation of the rules...like the refs in Europe. It's not the written rule thought TBF.

The pundits are saying the interpretation is wrong.

Ferryjambo99
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The pundits really don't get what the rules are or the logic behind it. 

Tools. 

Exactly, pundits constantly bemoan a lack of consistency in decisions. The new rules are designed to bring consistency 

Just now, Ferryjambo99 said:

New rules take deliberate out of the equation when it's making the body bigger, scoring or denying a goal

Im not going to get into this again after the man u game but if you can find where this has been changed in the rules for the current season then fair play.

Ferryjambo99
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Im not going to get into this again after the man u game but if you can find where this has been changed in the rules for the current season then fair play.

It is for next season but they're being told to apply it in the champions league this season

12 minutes ago, GYL said:

However in the other tie a handball penalty was not given after VAR oh and whether it was on target is not relevant

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Listen to what the referee says.....they were instructed in January of the new interpretations , just seems to me pundits don't like new rules so ignore the instructions? Numbnuts all of them

JamboGraham
3 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

It is for next season but they're being told to apply it in the champions league this season

Seriously? UEFA are applying different laws for different competitions?

Kane off injured and from the look of it not a short term injury either

Seemed to slip going into a block and turned his ankle again

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

However in the other tie a handball penalty was not given after VAR oh and whether it was on target is not relevant

Not seen it so can't comment......on target or changed the direction of the ball....a bit of semantics really?

Just now, GYL said:

Listen to what the referee says.....they were instructed in January of the new interpretations , just seems to me pundits don't like new rules so ignore the instructions? Numbnuts all of them

They're not ignoring them. They're criticising a daft interpretation of the rules and saying it shouldn't be a penalty, and they're right imo. Even for a decent change you shouldn't change the interpretation midway through a tournament.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They're not ignoring them. They're criticising a daft interpretation of the rules and saying it shouldn't be a penalty, and they're right imo. Even for a decent change you shouldn't change the interpretation midway through a tournament.

I don't disagree with that....BUT.....they have to accept it and move on. It's about trying to get consistency in decisions, look at Brandon red card in Celtic game and then Cosgrave challenge on Berra in Sheep game......both very similar challenges why was one a red but one a yellow. VAR in Scotland should give us more consistency......should?

Edited by GYL

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Did I see willie collum as 4 th official there ? 

Yep...good work if you can get it ......

3 minutes ago, GYL said:

I don't disagree with that....BUT.....they have to accept it and move on. It's about trying to get consistency in decisions, look at Brandon red card in Celtic game and then Cosgrave challenge on Berra in Sheep game......both very similar challenges why was one a red but one a yellow. VAR in Scotland should give us more consistency......should?

I'm absolutely not against VAR. I just don't like the handball interpretation. I worry about VAR in Scotland just being another method to promote bias...it would be great if the review team were outside of Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm absolutely not against VAR. I just don't like the handball interpretation. I worry about VAR in Scotland just being another method to promote bias...it would be great if the review team were outside of Scotland.

Only time will tell on that , i would hope it brings consistency therefor negating the bias....only time will tell

The return fixture at the Etihad will be an expensive training session, spurs will sit with banks of 4 and 5 with City pummeling them. It doesnt always suit City that way though.

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Fabhinio is a dunderheid.

A very god player though............edit sorry good

I cant see Porto doing much in the second leg, unless a wee scare of an early goal. 

Spurs and City will be very, very close.