Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

there is for permanent deals.  After tomorrow EFL clubs can still sign loans and unattached players.

Championship teams will circumvent the ruling by loaning players until 31 Dec, completing permanent deals on 1 Jan.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• ...a bit disco

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What other Scottish clubs ?

The Rangers ?

Celtic ?

Aberdeen possibly ?

Somebody mentioned Hibs being in for him.

Surely not?

Because of who is the Hibs manager. Like the gruesome twosome, they are in for everyone as far as our media are concerned.

17 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

there is for permanent deals.  After tomorrow EFL clubs can still sign loans and unattached players.

Yep

so my hopeful optimistic thoughts are that:

1. Is it likely a championship team would virtually guarantee him a start if fit? How will they know how he will play in that league?

2. Man U I don’t think will be hugely concerned about how much wage gets covered it will be more about whether they want him to get a run in a team to make a final decision on him. Also they may want to be decent to Demi and take his thoughts into account.

3. Demi will want to hit the ground running and he knows he will be able to do that with us. The other clubs up here interested in him must be Aberdeen and/or Hibs. If Rangers were it would be plastered all over the press, therefore, I’d fancy our chances as he knows us and enjoyed his time with us. Also he hopefully won’t have failed to notice our promising positive start to the season.

Edited by Jammy T

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jammy T said:

Yep

so my hopeful optimistic thoughts are that:

1. Is it likely a championship team would virtually guarantee him a start of fit? How will they know how he will play in that league?

2. Man U I don’t think will be hugely concerned about how much wage gets covered it will be more about whether they want him to get a run in a team to make a final decision on him. Also they want to be decent to Demi and take his thoughts into account.

3. Demi will want to hit the ground running and he knows he will be able to do that. The other clubs up here interested in him must be Aberdeen and/or Hibs. If Rangers were it would be plastered all over the press, therefore, I’d fancy our chances as he knows us and enjoyed his time with us. Also he hopefully won’t have failed to notice our promising positive start to the season.

Rangers now have half a dozen left backs, Celtic are about to resign Izaguirre, plus Tierney. Hibs. Aberdeen seem to have other priorities, but it could release Shinnie into midfield and allow Considine to become cover. So possible.

Would imagine if he makes a move North he would stay with what he knows, the likes of Middlesborough and Bristol City who are selling left backs for big money, are the likely contenders, which would make life difficult for us.

But Demi may not be ready to give up on  Man United yet, and our league is getting a slightly higher profile the last week or 2, and there is a gentleman at that club who would promote the Scottish game.

Escobar PHM

To be quite honest, I'm reasonably happy with Garrucio ( with Burns as cover) and we'd be sidelining him for a year if we take Mitchell, who we wont be able to keep beyond that year.

If we've got spare cash for a loan fee or a wage for Mitchell, I'd rather we used it for Vanecek or somewhere else we need cover, like the right side of midfield for example

Edited by Escobar PHM

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

To be quite honest, I'm reasonably happy with Garrucio ( with Burns as cover) and we'd be sidelining him for a year if we take Mitchell, who we wont be able to keep beyond that year.

If we've got spare cash for a loan fee or a wage for Mitchell, I'd rather we used it for Vanecek or somewhere else we need cover, like the right side of midfield for example

I'm not convinced with Garrucio defensivley but Saturday will tell us more. Would love Demi back.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

To be quite honest, I'm reasonably happy with Garrucio and we'd be sidelining him for a year if we take Mitchell, who we wont be able to keep beyond that year.

You still need cover and Garrucio would get games.

Mitchell has the potential to be a player of the season for us - we’d be daft not to sign him if we have the opportunity 

I kind of agree with Sarah O - I’d say he’d potentially be better for the team as a whole than Lafferty.

Mitchell is a better player than we could usually hope to have play for us.

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I may or may not be getting my info from Football Manager a few games ago, but I’m pretty sure it at least used to be the restriction of one team applied to any team, in or outwith of Scotland.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Celtic loaned more than 1 player to hibs just the other season, they had ambrose, commons, stokes, Henderson etc

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I'm not convinced with Garrucio defensivley but Saturday will tell us more. Would love Demi back.

Ben could play in front of Mitchell. Convinced both would get game time. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Mitchell has the potential to be a player of the season for us - we’d be daft not to sign him if we have the opportunity 

I kind of agree with Sarah O - I’d say he’d potentially be better for the team as a whole than Lafferty.

Not sure about the better for the team than lafferty considering the goals lafferty gets you!

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Ben could play in front of Mitchell. Convinced both would get game time. 

In some games yip. Going by Saturday it looks like we are playing a system that changes between 4-4-2 ans 3-5-2 and it was Naismith drifting to the left at times.

Escobar PHM
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Wasn't really questioning Mitchells ability. More the long term sense of all these signings then sitting one of the better ones (Garrucio) on the bench for a season, (because we'd be contracted to play Mitchell if he is fit with no choice in that) Still, having 2 really good left(wing)backs is miles better than having none at all. I'd just rather prefer to see us not double cover a position that already looks covered when we've got a glaring cover problem on the other side of the pitch.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Escobar PHM
7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Wasn't entirely convinced by Demi defensively either to be honest.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Fair point but he has blistering pace to recover and match up to the likes of Forrest and Boyle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

BG has had a couple of niggles already. Not convinced Burns is a left back to be honest.

Cant believe I would be saying this, and its not a must do, but I would punt Lafferty, get in Vanecek and bolster wide left and right.

If Lafferty, Cowie and Callachan leave, there should be the opportunity to do this. Martin is stuck to us looks like, unless Cathro can get him a gig on Wolves Special Teams unit :lol:

17 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Celtic loaned more than 1 player to hibs just the other season, they had ambrose, commons, stokes, Henderson etc

Could be different rules for the 2nd division?

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rangers now have half a dozen left backs, Celtic are about to resign Izaguirre, plus Tierney. Hibs. Aberdeen seem to have other priorities, but it could release Shinnie into midfield and allow Considine to become cover. So possible.

Would imagine if he makes a move North he would stay with what he knows, the likes of Middlesborough and Bristol City who are selling left backs for big money, are the likely contenders, which would make life difficult for us.

But Demi may not be ready to give up on  Man United yet, and our league is getting a slightly higher profile the last week or 2, and there is a gentleman at that club who would promote the Scottish game.

Your last sentence could be the most telling fact as, said gentleman holds us in quite a high regard.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, John Findlay said:

Your last sentence could be the most telling fact as, said gentleman holds us in quite a high regard.

Feel its clutching at straws John, but what a great player he would be to have back. Hopefully if he is not available we can find something similar in that market

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Feel its clutching at straws John, but what a great player he would be to have back. Hopefully if he is not available we can find something similar in that market

Perharps. But Connor Randall  and his Liverpool daft father dont/won't say a bad word against us. Dmitri likewise and the facilities at Riccarton are on a par with any top club anywhere.

Edited by John Findlay
I dislike predictive text with a passion

On Man Uniteds tour Demi spent more time playing as a winger rather than a left back. I’d happily take him back as a winger and use him at lb/we as required

SuperstarSteve
15 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Could be different rules for the 2nd division?

I think your probably correct mate, 

I don’t seem to remember them have as many loans from Celtic last season right enough. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Perharps. But Connor Randall  and his Liverpool daft father dont/won't say a bad word against us. Dmitri likewise and the facilities at Riccarton are on a par with any top club anywhere.

We have a lot going for us for sure. Hoping we can close this window well, Levein has done a magnificent job to date, I'm sure he will be looking to end it on a high

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We have a lot going for us for sure. Hoping we can close this window well, Levein has done a magnificent job to date, I'm sure he will be looking to end it on a high

Here's hoping. If we don't bring anyone else in I, won't lose any sleep.

Sex Panther
34 minutes ago, bazman said:

On Man Uniteds tour Demi spent more time playing as a winger rather than a left back. I’d happily take him back as a winger and use him at lb/we as required

Great point.

That said, 3-5-2 appears to be our formation of choice just now, so there's only one place up for grabs as left wing back. If 4-4-2 (which we will use on occasion, I believe) then there may be 2 available.

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Agreed...I'd 100% play Demi as a winger personally.

ford donald
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ach C'mon Demi...You know you want to...& so do we :pleased:.

The lad is universally loved at Hearts.

Would be very surprised if he came back,bigger shop window for him down south.

That Banderson article is just a fudge. Must be a slow news day at EEN Towers. There is absolutely nothing of any substance in it that we didn't already know! :facepalm:

Escobar PHM
19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Just cant see it happening.

Yep. he's only got a year to go on his Man Utd contract. Surely he wouldn't want to spend that year at a club that couldn't afford him beyond that year. We may have a chance if he gets a new deal at Man Utd and they decide to send him out for another year. He seems to have been on the fringes of their pre-season first team so maybe that'll happen. If they are not going to renew him he'd be better off from a personal standpoint going to the Championship to a club that might be able to keep him permanently on a decent wage, or at least somewhere where's he's still in the English shop window for a permanent move next season.

Edited by Escobar PHM

:clumshot:

:scenes:

:fonzie:

You know it makes sense you beautiful little ******* you.

Edited by i8hibsh

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Fingers crossed, but I'd say it's VERY unlikely given the competition

3 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Hibs were in the diddy league at the time :thumbsup:

Just asked Demetri on a pm to come back to us, job done then?

Edited by Turkishcap
Spelling

gashauskis9
9 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I wasn’t convinced defensively by Demi, it was skill, composure and attacking play I rated highly.

12 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Disagree. If we do get mitchell in - which would be the most exciting signing this window, in my book -  then we have proper competition at LB. Stick him in, and the second he doesn't have the best game, he has Garuccio breathing down his neck. Garuccio will still get games. It's a long season and there's injuries and suspensions to think about...

He was good but not quite what some are making him out to be

I tend to feel we were so lacking at left back any half decent player was looked upon as  better than his actual performances merited

We still do not have a lot of cover in that role  so I can see why we would still be after him but it won't break my heart if we do not get him

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

He was good but not quite what some are making him out to be

I tend to feel we were so lacking at left back any half decent player was looked upon as  better than his actual performances merited

We still do not have a lot of cover in that role  so I can see why we would still be after him but it won't break my heart if we do not get him

Theres a lot of looking back and thinking a player was better than he actually was. 

Demi got what, 5 MotM awards in his time here (& he was injured for half of his time here)?

I agree hes not a class act defensively however; some attacking player! No doubt!

Derby have just signed Scott Malone, a left back, from Huddersfield on a 3 year deal. 

Surely he won’t be heading there then.

Exciting talent going forward and would give us that natural width we are looking for. 

Hopefully we can get a deal done. Can't see us losing out to another Scottish side. 

Stephen Muddie
21 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I may or may not be getting my info from Football Manager a few games ago, but I’m pretty sure it at least used to be the restriction of one team applied to any team, in or outwith of Scotland.

Have you forgotten the Romanov years already? :wow:

gashauskis9

I’d much rather we signed a natural LB to be honest, that way we have more flexibility rather than having 3 left wing backs in the squad.

Demi and Garuccio are very similar and I’ve been impressed with the latter.