Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

I would take demi back in a heartbeat.  A years loan with that quality could completly change our season.  No brainer if we have the option

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• ...a bit disco

Demi may not be now top of CL's shopping list, Garruccio with Burns as cover for left WB seems to be the plan, and these two should have further improvement in them as the season goes on. It would be a great bonus if Demi could return for another seasons loan but being loaned out or even a permanent deal to the championship looks most likely, and  his situation is pretty much out of our hands. Our right side looks less certain, and maybe that is where we should be looking, as our main hopes Godinho and Brandon both have had serious injuries. M.Smith is more of a right back in a four, and maybe we could have looked elsewhere for a loanee WB or signed an experienced WB on a short term deal to give the injured two time to get back up to speed. Our back line including WBs will tested against better quality on Saturday and may show us if or not we need to further strengthen before the window closes. Hopefully we can also give their defence plenty of problems.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

100%. It's not human trafficking.

If they want to go & play, they go. If they want to piss of their clubs & refuse to go anywhere, & hoover up decent wages for doing nothing...they sit tight.

Good, we may still be in with a shout. Was just wondering if they get to choose the club, say MU think Derby is a better choice but DM says no I want Hearts. As I say all good., cheers.

Edited by Turkishcap

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bristol City and Leeds other clubs with left back issues sorted, the chances getting better?

the general
9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

If he doesn’t move today then I’d say we’ve got a great chance of getting him back.

just a pity that loan deals are still open until end of month

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

If he doesn’t move today then I’d say we’ve got a great chance of getting him back.

Going to keep clutching those straws until I can. No speculation I can see anywhere fingers crossed. Milk will be spilt on his return :lol:

StevenNaismith
28 minutes ago, the general said:

just a pity that loan deals are still open until end of month

I didn’t know that ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Bolton are interested in him seemingly.

Possibleloan but not today. Doesn't appear he is leaving on a permanent 

gorgieheart

If he only has a year left on his ManUtd contract, could we not do a loan with first refusal for permanent signing , with fee already agreed  ?

Seems to be the way with a few clubs just now.

letsalldothebeattie

United have just officially announced squad numbers for the upcoming season and interestingly Demi doesn’t have one. Not sure how much you can read into this as Fosu-Mensah & Tuanzebe have both been given numbers despite being out on loan for this season

UNITED'S 2018/19 PREMIER LEAGUE SQUAD NUMBERS

1. David De Gea
2. Victor Lindelof
3. Eric Bailly
4. Phil Jones
6. Paul Pogba
7. Alexis Sanchez
8. Juan Mata
9. Romelu Lukaku
10. Marcus Rashford
11. Anthony Martial
12. Chris Smalling
13. Lee Grant
14. Jesse Lingard
15. Andreas Pereira
16. Marcos Rojo
17. Fred
18. Ashley Young 
20. Diogo Dalot
21. Ander Herrera
22. Sergio Romero
23. Luke Shaw
24. Tim Fosu-Mensah
25. Antonio Valencia
27. Marouane Fellaini
31. Nemanja Matic
38. Axel Tuanzebe
39. Scott McTominay
40. Joel Pereira
44. Tahith Chong
45. Kieran O'Hara
46. Joshua Bohui
47. Angel Gomes
48. Ethan Hamilton
51. Matej Kovar

Thoughts? Does this mean he’s coming back? Or likely elsewhere?

12 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

United have just officially announced squad numbers for the upcoming season and interestingly Demi doesn’t have one. Not sure how much you can read into this as Fosu-Mensah & Tuanzebe have both been given numbers despite being out on loan for this season

1. David De Gea
2. Victor Lindelof
3. Eric Bailly
4. Phil Jones
6. Paul Pogba
7. Alexis Sanchez
8. Juan Mata
9. Romelu Lukaku
10. Marcus Rashford
11. Anthony Martial
12. Chris Smalling
13. Lee Grant
14. Jesse Lingard
15. Andreas Pereira
16. Marcos Rojo
17. Fred
18. Ashley Young 
20. Diogo Dalot
21. Ander Herrera
22. Sergio Romero
23. Luke Shaw
24. Tim Fosu-Mensah
25. Antonio Valencia
27. Marouane Fellaini
31. Nemanja Matic
38. Axel Tuanzebe
39. Scott McTominay
40. Joel Pereira
44. Tahith Chong
45. Kieran O'Hara
46. Joshua Bohui
47. Angel Gomes
48. Ethan Hamilton
51. Matej Kovar

It says something about my total loss of interest in English football that I could only have named about 5 of the players in that squad (there are others whose names I’m familiar with, but I wasn’t sure who they played for now).

I just can’t be arsed with it any more. Same goes for the CL.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Say it again, ain't going to happen!

Got a 50-50 chance of being right, either he will or he wont :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Just cant see it.

Not many options left for him though. Bolton seem to be the club, Bristol City and Derby both looked elsewhere.

Of course it might be an outside chance of us getting him, but our league has become more high profile in the last few months or so. A year at Hearts in a team playing well (I think we will be fine) might just be a better shop window, than fighting a mid table battle with Bolton, and limited media exposure.

Wishful thinking maybe, but if it were my career I'd be looking for a team on an upward curve, whether that is us or someone else.

14 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It says something about my total loss of interest in English football that I could only have named about 5 of the players in that squad (there are others whose names I’m familiar with, but I wasn’t sure who they played for now).

I just can’t be arsed with it any more. Same goes for the CL.

What’s wrong with this guy? :clyay::whistling:

Hungry hippo
18 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

If he only has a year left on his ManUtd contract, could we not do a loan with first refusal for permanent signing , with fee already agreed  ?

We could try but I don't think it would interest either Man Utd or Mitchell as I think they have higher ambitions.

Edit to add that I think we have a chance of a standard loan but can't see them agreeing to give us first refusal on a permanent deal.

Edited by Hungry hippo

18 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

If Man Utd don't extend him now, I'd say we have little chance of getting him for his last year. He'll be wanting to go to the championship to a club he'd want to sign for permanently for decent money.

If Man Utd extend for another couple of years, and decide to put him out, I guess we've as good a chance as any of getting him

AlphonseCapone
On 8/9/2018 at 07:26, Barack said:

If they want to go & play, they go. If they want to piss of their clubs & refuse to go anywhere, & hoover up decent wages for doing nothing...they sit tight.

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If Man Utd don't extend him now, I'd say we have little chance of getting him for his last year. He'll be wanting to go to the championship to a club he'd want to sign for permanently for decent money.

If Man Utd extend for another couple of years, and decide to put him out, I guess we've as good a chance as any of getting him

If we have some loose change lying behind the couch, should make an offer, he aint making it at United.

Not certain the Championship offers are going to materialise, Boltons primary target is Birmingham left back Jonathan Grounds

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If we have some loose change lying behind the couch, should make an offer, he aint making it at United.

Not certain the Championship offers are going to materialise, Boltons primary target is Birmingham left back Jonathan Grounds

What kind of offer do you think they (and he) might accept ? By all accounts they turned down £500k ( cant remember from whom - Derby possibly) and he's got to be on at least £8k a week.

If we've got that kind of change lying down the couch, we'd be better served getting Vanecek in and looking at another right sided forward player.

Mind you, I'm not sure Lafferty to Rangers is dead yet considering the money they got for Windass

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

What kind of offer do you think they (and he) might accept ? By all accounts they turned down £500k ( cant remember from whom - Derby possibly) and he's got to be on at least £8k a week.

If we've got that kind of change lying down the couch, we'd be better served getting Vanecek in and looking at another right sided forward player.

Mind you, I'm not sure Lafferty to Rangers is dead yet considering the money they got for Windass

I fully expect Lafferty to go. 800k for Declan John too.

Got no idea what United would expect but maybe not much. If they have looked at him one last time in the States, and apparently dropped him out of the reckoning; at 21 in the last year of his contract, they may see him blocking the path of another.

If I was Mitchell, I would take the years loan and be in a decent position to negotiate my next contract with a year playing Senior football. Apart from our stint at 21 he has only played a couple of senior games.

Whether it happens or not I actually think we are a much wiser option for him, guaranteed a shop window I would say, the Championship is a cut throat league, he could end up sidelined as a luxury player easily.

Very very good chance. But really do with couple moving on now to help. One could be out today and another Monday Tuesday.

On 08/08/2018 at 21:18, CJGJ said:

He was good but not quite what some are making him out to be

I tend to feel we were so lacking at left back any half decent player was looked upon as  better than his actual performances merited

We still do not have a lot of cover in that role  so I can see why we would still be after him but it won't break my heart if we do not get him

If he was a Liverpool player you would need shares in Kleenex. 

19 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

we wouldn't need to pay a fee as he would be out of contract and moving cross border surely?

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think we have a very good chance of getting him back.

Same here. Enjoyed his time here and he improved as a player. I think Hearts would be his choice

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

1. David De Gea
2. Victor Lindelof
3. Eric Bailly
4. Phil Jones
6. Paul Pogba
7. Alexis Sanchez
8. Juan Mata
9. Romelu Lukaku
10. Marcus Rashford
11. Anthony Martial
12. Chris Smalling
13. Lee Grant
14. Jesse Lingard
15. Andreas Pereira
16. Marcos Rojo
17. Fred
18. Ashley Young 
20. Diogo Dalot
21. Ander Herrera
22. Sergio Romero
23. Luke Shaw
24. Tim Fosu-Mensah
25. Antonio Valencia
27. Marouane Fellaini
31. Nemanja Matic
38. Axel Tuanzebe
39. Scott McTominay
40. Joel Pereira
44. Tahith Chong
45. Kieran O'Hara
46. Joshua Bohui
47. Angel Gomes
48. Ethan Hamilton
51. Matej Kovar

No idea about Mitchell, but that sure as hell isn't a Premier League winning squad! 

Bazzas right boot
On 09/08/2018 at 07:26, Barack said:

Good answer. 

Just now, Barack said:

Permanent? Or a Naismith deal?

Things stalled because Utd werent sure to give him new deal + loan out, transfer now or after a loan. So we are discussing what utd want + what we can do (if anything) following that. Not sure if loan or permanent but if given the chance we would do either of them

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Things stalled because Utd werent sure to give him new deal + loan out, transfer now or after a loan. So we are discussing what utd want + what we can do (if anything) following that. Not sure if loan or permanent but if given the chance we would do either of them

Thanks for sharing Daz?

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Daz, you just gave me a wee chubby, get him signed, get Vanacek in early, get Goudinho back soon and were sorted.

From what Ive seen he's brings a lot to the team especially if we are going to play 3 at the back. I hope we can get him.

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

From what Ive seen he's brings a lot to the team especially if we are going to play 3 at the back. I hope we can get him.

Getting him if possible is a no brainer. Quality and only going to keep improving

Serge Pizzorno
11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Great news once again Daz 

49 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Daz, you just gave me a wee chubby, get him signed, get Vanacek in early, get Goudinho back soon and were sorted.

We need a strong defensive midfielder as well

2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Disagree, the money spent on Mitchell would be recovered when he moved on from us no problem imo. Vanecek will leave us for free.

TyphoonJambo
33 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Haring?

37 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Nah two more wide players and we are perfect. Godinhio and Brandon both give us options on the right so essentially just need one on the left. Mitchell is a left winger by trade as well and easily one of our best players when he played last season 

15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Haring?

He may need to go into defence. Adao would be perfect, but I'm not sure that he is still an option.

We have plenty wide players once Brandon and Godinho return and possibly Mitchell returns - Mulraney, Morrison, Amankwaa (OK he's not very good), Burns & Zanatta with Henderson and Moore to return at some point. If we get rid of Amankwaa I would agree with another one being required but I think we will be more keen to use WBs rather than out and out wingers.

upgotheheads
39 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Nah two more wide players and we are perfect. Godinhio and Brandon both give us options on the right so essentially just need one on the left. Mitchell is a left winger by trade as well and easily one of our best players when he played last season 

Godinho and Brandon are 3 months away from fitness. We're actually very short of rightbacks at the moment.

43 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Godinho and Brandon are 3 months away from fitness. We're actually very short of rightbacks at the moment.

A loan deal must surely be the answer.